Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 5476 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/10/2024 11:05:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Destruction of the HIMARS MLRS of the Ukrainian Armed Forces by a missile strike in the Lugansk-Donetsk direction
This is one of the first confirmations of the destruction of HIMARS. The crew was liquidated along with the complex.

The Swedish wheeled 155-mm self-propelled gun "Archer" was destroyed.

Footage of the destruction of the first Abrams tank

It is reported that the tank was blown up by soldiers of the 15th Separate Motorized Rifle Brigade in the Avdeevka sector.

The assault units of Russian paratroopers completing their training:

Link Posted: 3/10/2024 11:10:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fadedsun:
Originally Posted By Prime:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GILnaHBXEAAo43T?format=jpg&name=900x900

Link Posted: 3/10/2024 11:11:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Footage of the evacuation of an abandoned wounded AFU soldier by Russian stormtroopers during the battle.

At Stepovoy near Avdeevka:

An American in Avdeevka on the RUSSIAN side:

WarGonzo video from the territory of the old air defense unit (also known as the Zenit fortified area).
There are many uncleaned corpses of the Armed Forces of Ukraine left on its territory.

Link Posted: 3/10/2024 11:23:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By nraheston:
Footage of the evacuation of an abandoned wounded AFU soldier by Russian stormtroopers during the battle.

WarGonzo video from the territory of the old air defense unit (also known as the Zenit fortified area).
There are many uncleaned corpses of the Armed Forces of Ukraine left on its territory.

View Quote

I was about to post something rude but instead I appreciate you posting the Russian perspective. It's important to remember that for every glorious UA victory vid, there are corresponding RU ones.

I'm sorry that this war ever started and I hope Ukraine wins decisively.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 11:33:53 AM EDT
[#5]

View Quote

Charles Lindbergh was of a similar mind.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 11:34:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

Same here.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By :

Thanks for this, I'm always keen on reading what the Chinese are thinking about and what they're planning. They're very academic in their approaches to say the least but whether that will translate into actual battlefield successful performances remains to be seen.

Same here.

If you are interested in the Asshoe Chinas military, this twitter account might be interesting for you:

https://twitter.com/jesusfroman

@Brok3n
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 11:44:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:
I was about to post something rude but instead I appreciate you posting the Russian perspective. It's important to remember that for every glorious UA victory vid, there are corresponding RU ones.

View Quote

If the war goes badly for Ukraine, we're going to have to see a lot more irritating crap. And as long as its valid content, we'll have to put up with it. Someone making obnoxious posts of Kremlin talking points and BS debunked idiocy (it was NATO!), sure GTFO with that. But videos like these, stories from Ria Novosti or Tass: no objection.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 11:45:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

View Quote

a lot of rhetoric, little substance.

"we have to help these guys" blah blah
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 12:06:47 PM EDT
[#9]

View Quote

I admire that he had 13 children, but he was a nazi.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 12:29:00 PM EDT
[#10]
It is interesting the amount of FPV drone strikes on Russian 152mm artillery.

View Quote

That comes up as a “send money” link.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 12:48:18 PM EDT
[#11]

Link Posted: 3/10/2024 12:50:30 PM EDT
[#12]
NSFW

View Quote

What a way to go.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 12:52:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

View Quote

I also hope that Ukraine will win this war, because our vital interests are under threat. Thank you for your appreciation :)
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 1:01:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

If you are interested in the Asshoe Chinas military, this twitter account might be interesting for you:

@Brok3n
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By :

Thanks for this, I'm always keen on reading what the Chinese are thinking about and what they're planning. They're very academic in their approaches to say the least but whether that will translate into actual battlefield successful performances remains to be seen.

Same here.

@Brok3n

Thanks, I followed and will check it out later. Much appreciated.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 1:06:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#15]
dbl tap.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 1:08:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Capta:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Capta:
It is interesting the amount of FPV drone strikes on Russian 152mm artillery.

I see that now,

Try this one:

Link Posted: 3/10/2024 1:47:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Kit evolution continues. Picked up a ballistic neck wraparound and shoulder guards. Things may be getting spicy, so better to have it if needed.

Attachment Attached File

I haven't had much time to read/post here. We've been running day and night. Just took a shower, had a bite to eat, and it's time to get back at it. Talk soon guys. 🇺🇦
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 2:16:08 PM EDT
[#18]

View All Quotes

He also helped the war effort in the Pacific, and flew combat missions as a civilian. I suspect he had a change of heart, but I've not studied his life or beliefs.

Link Posted: 3/10/2024 2:19:12 PM EDT
[#19]

View Quote

Welcome Russian propaganda enthusiast!   Your submissions are certainly welcome, in highlighting just how inept Russia truly is, in the Information space.   Who is the “American airman” featured?    Does he have a name?
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 2:47:15 PM EDT
[#20]
You can't use expensive tanks this way.

Link Posted: 3/10/2024 2:56:33 PM EDT
[#21]

Link Posted: 3/10/2024 3:11:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Easterner:
Kit evolution continues. Picked up a ballistic neck wraparound and shoulder guards. Things may be getting spicy, so better to have it if needed.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/Screenshot_20240310-194130_2_png-3155434.JPG

I haven't had much time to read/post here. We've been running day and night. Just took a shower, had a bite to eat, and it's time to get back at it. Talk soon guys.
View Quote
I've been wondering when the pendulum was going to swing back to full coverage vests and away from plate carriers now that people are reminded that frag is the main killer on the battlefield
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 3:18:53 PM EDT
[#23]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By :

Same here.

@Brok3n

They are fielding new weapon systems every other week, keeping track of these developments is a full time job.

Link Posted: 3/10/2024 3:22:55 PM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

You would think they'd be a little more careful with these precious commodities considering how few of them they have.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 3:33:29 PM EDT
[#25]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/Screenshot_20240310-194130_2_png-3155434.JPG

I haven't had much time to read/post here. We've been running day and night. Just took a shower, had a bite to eat, and it's time to get back at it. Talk soon guys. 🇺🇦
View Quote

Good Luck and God Bless!  Keep us posted when you can!
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 3:36:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Charging_Handle:

You would think they'd be a little more careful with these precious commodities considering how few of them they have.
View All Quotes

They certainly could use more, but going out alone in daylight to hit Russian trenches 600 yards away with drones everywhere is asking for trouble.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 4:10:51 PM EDT
[#27]

View All Quotes

Sign of desperation?

There is little doubt the withdrawal from Avdiivka was later than it should have been and much less well-done than it should have been. They lost lives unnecessarily, equipment too undoubtedly. Does this fall on Syrski?
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 4:16:44 PM EDT
[#28]

Sign of desperation?

View Quote

They are doing these stunts since the war started. We only see a little snippet but don't know why they are doing things like they do.

Link Posted: 3/10/2024 4:18:01 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

Congrats and hope you don't have to test it.

Be safe

Slava Ukraini!
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 4:22:01 PM EDT
[#30]

Sign of desperation?

There is little doubt the withdrawal from Avdiivka was later than it should have been and much less well-done than it should have been. They lost lives unnecessarily, equipment too undoubtedly. Does this fall on Syrski?
View All Quotes

Sign of desperation?

I think it is the recent lack of artillery, they are having to press the tanks and IFV's into engaging to thwart offensives.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 4:32:39 PM EDT
[#31]
DPICM usage.

Link Posted: 3/10/2024 4:48:33 PM EDT
[#32]
NATO Soldiers Are ACTIVELY Deployed In Ukraine; Major Escalation | Breaking News With The Enforcer
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 4:51:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MFP_4073] [#33]
Originally Posted By mcantu:
I've been wondering when the pendulum was going to swing back to full coverage vests and away from plate carriers now that people are reminded that frag is the main killer on the battlefield
View Quote

honestly -- from everything i have seen -- i'd be fine with an old school Interceptor-type soft armor set-up.

not really much good for high velocity rifle rounds -- but provides a lot more blast coverage of the whole torso / sides.

everything is a compromise (speed / mobility / coverage / protection, etc)   tough decisions
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 4:57:16 PM EDT
[#34]
DPICM usage.

View Quote

That hit at 1:44.   .  

The guys who do the creative high speed editing, should be fired and sent to the front.    Had to watch at .75 speed.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 5:06:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 5:13:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Tough losses with regards to equipment recently by Ukraine. No way Russian targeting all of sudden improved overnight.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 5:15:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By MFP_4073:

honestly -- from everything i have seen -- i'd be fine with an old school Interceptor-type soft armor set-up.

not really much good for high velocity rifle rounds -- but provides a lot more blast coverage of the whole torso / sides.

everything is a compromise (speed / mobility / coverage / protection, etc)   tough decisions
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MFP_4073:
Originally Posted By mcantu:

the IBA takes the same plates used in the plate carriers so rifle protection is the same on both
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 5:56:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Brok3n:
Tough losses with regards to equipment recently by Ukraine. No way Russian targeting all of sudden improved overnight.
View Quote

Finally getting a Himars or a few M1s isn’t a deal breaker.

The Patriot is the one you got to figure out.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 6:15:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By BillofRights:

Welcome Russian propaganda enthusiast!   Your submissions are certainly welcome, in highlighting just how inept Russia truly is, in the Information space.   Who is the “American airman” featured?    Does he have a name?
View Quote

No name has been disclosed, yet
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 6:20:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lieh-tzu] [#40]
View Quote

It's like after 2+ years they just started to do ISR combined with targeting for the first time. For two years, Ukraine had a huge ISR advantage, but lacked the firepower to take advantage of it. Now if Russia starts having an ISR advantage, things could get real ugly real quick. Good ISR plus effective use of top-shelf missiles will put Russia on a very positive trend and accelerate Ukrainian losses.

Fucking diplomats and Foggy Bottom shallow thinkers didn't want Ukraine to win, so that means Russia has to win. There is no middle ground, and never was.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 6:28:26 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

God I hated the Flak Vests the Marine corps came up with in 1980's, the high neck and the thing weighed a ton. would've done better with my post Nam Flak Vest with fiberglass plates in it. Thank God it has evolved into plates and Frag Protection instead of just Frag. Be safe Brother.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 6:31:11 PM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

I suppose they could keep them in the rear areas where they are safe so they don't get damaged.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 6:32:36 PM EDT
[#43]

Source:  https://73online.ru/r/na_aviastare_otkryto_780_vakansiy_na_uaze_-_368-132108

Link Posted: 3/10/2024 6:34:30 PM EDT
[#44]
View Quote

it could be a simple as the russians advanced enough to compress the Ukrainian lines. that along with Ukraine being forced to move up more air defense equipment. or maybe.

one other thing did happen shortly before the targeting got so good. Ukraine had a change over of military leadership. now i doubt that is it. just saying i hope that Budinuf guy is paying attention. i imagine a larger turn over of people than just the one guy leaving.

Link Posted: 3/10/2024 6:35:36 PM EDT
[#45]

Sign of desperation?

View Quote

They are using what they have. It's not like 30 tanks were going to make a shit load of difference. They are better propaganda vehicles for the russians.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 6:38:08 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:

I suppose they could keep them in the rear areas where they are safe so they don't get damaged.
View All Quotes

Allow me to clarify.  If Ukrainian forces had the artillery they needed, they wouldn't have to plug the gaps in their defense by having to run these vehicles into risky situations that could get them destroyed.

They should be working in multiple units together, preferably at night with thermal drones helping with spotting things like atgm sites and such.  Then use artillery to smash those dangers.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 6:42:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By ServusVeritatis:

View Quote

I bet a spy tipped RU off with the location
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 6:53:46 PM EDT
[#48]

Allow me to clarify.  If Ukrainian forces had the artillery they needed, they wouldn't have to plug the gaps in their defense by having to run these vehicles into risky situations that could get them destroyed.

They should be working in multiple units together, preferably at night with thermal drones helping with spotting things like atgm sites and such.  Then use artillery to smash those dangers.
View Quote

I agree with you fully. They are using what they have improperly because they don't have the resources they need to use them as designed.
Is it wrong to think our military leadership at the higher levels spent more time kissing ass and giving reach arounds than they did learning how to fight?
I miss DasJuden in the thread. I hope he is doing well.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 7:03:05 PM EDT
[#49]

I agree with you fully. They are using what they have improperly because they don't have the resources they need to use them as designed.
Is it wrong to think our military leadership at the higher levels spent more time kissing ass and giving reach arounds than they did learning how to fight?
View All Quotes

I agree they are using what they have, without the proper resources.  Just trying to point out there might be a more effective way to use the Western equipment if you have to risk it to defend parts of the frontline.

I am frustrated as well they aren't given what they need or trained in ways that accurately reflect what they are having to deal with.

I miss DasJuden and his input as well.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 7:22:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By ServusVeritatis:

View Quote

The Saudi’s have lost quite a few more M1’s (25 I believe) and it’s enough for the internet to claim they’ve lost 400. So I guess according to that math, all of that Ukrainian Abram’s have been lost.

It’s pretty damn sad that we’ve sent 450 to Saudi, 150+ to Iraq, and thousands more all over the world, and only 31 to Ukraine. That doesn’t excuse them employing them in shitty tactics though. Driving Bradley’s straight in to a minefield in daylight is DUMB and so it driving an Abram’s around in daylight with no infantry or Abram’s or protection against drones.
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 5476 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top