Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 5477 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/10/2024 7:28:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MFP_4073:

honestly -- from everything i have seen -- i'd be fine with an old school Interceptor-type soft armor set-up.

not really much good for high velocity rifle rounds -- but provides a lot more blast coverage of the whole torso / sides.

everything is a compromise (speed / mobility / coverage / protection, etc)   tough decisions
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mcantu:
I've been wondering when the pendulum was going to swing back to full coverage vests and away from plate carriers now that people are reminded that frag is the main killer on the battlefield

honestly -- from everything i have seen -- i'd be fine with an old school Interceptor-type soft armor set-up.

not really much good for high velocity rifle rounds -- but provides a lot more blast coverage of the whole torso / sides.

everything is a compromise (speed / mobility / coverage / protection, etc)   tough decisions

Personally not doing super high speed stuff, but lately have to worry about FPVs and artillery smashing us. Still have the chance to be in a shooting battle, so the chest plates are part of it all. The weight isn't an issue with the added ballistic panels, and movement has remained pretty good.

I just got issued a set of dual NODs and will be using them quite a bit. Now I see why people use a counterweight.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 7:34:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

I miss DasJuden and his input as well.
View Quote

What happened to him? Hopefully not banned. He always had good posts.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 7:39:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By TiePilot69:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TiePilot69:

I miss DasJuden and his input as well.

I think he is just busy flying and blowing stuff up with his Apache.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 7:43:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#4]
Originally Posted By Easterner:

Personally not doing super high speed stuff, but lately have to worry about FPVs and artillery smashing us. Still have the chance to be in a shooting battle, so the chest plates are part of it all. The weight isn't an issue with the added ballistic panels, and movement has remained pretty good.

I just got issued a set of dual NODs and will be using them quite a bit. Now I see why people use a counterweight.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/Screenshot_20240311-012704_2_png-3155751.JPG
View All Quotes
I've been wondering when the pendulum was going to swing back to full coverage vests and away from plate carriers now that people are reminded that frag is the main killer on the battlefield

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/Screenshot_20240311-012704_2_png-3155751.JPG

Now you're talking.

They make counterweights made from the batteries the goggles use, so that is pretty useful.

Night Combat Solutions Exclusive counterweight 9.6 oz.  Holds 8 AA batteries.

Or you get the adjustable lead weights you put in a pouch to keep you from staring at the ground all the time.

I use the EOG Low Profile Counter Weight with my dual tube setups.

Just practice with them, ALOT.   Know how to adjust the optics correctly and to use the power and IR lights without seeing them.  It could save your life.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 7:44:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Buy this man a beer..

Ukrainian solders shoot down a Russian cruise missile #ukraine #shorts
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 7:46:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4xGM300m] [#6]

Now you're talking.

They make counterweights made from the batteries the goggles use, so that is pretty useful.

Or you get the adjustable lead weights you put in a pouch to keep you from staring at the ground all the time.

Just practice with them, ALOT.   Know how to adjust and use the power and IR lights without seeing them.  It could save your life.
View Quote

And if you go pissing, be sure that the chin strap is closed.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 7:47:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:
And if you go pissing, be sure that the chin strap is closed.
View Quote

The above is very sage advice.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 8:08:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By realwar:
Buy this man a beer..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqCyHySzEj4
View Quote

Several months old video, and they didn’t shoot it down.  It most likely hit the target they were defending.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 8:08:32 PM EDT
[#9]

Now you're talking.

https://i.imgur.com/9XqsDuH.jpg

https://www.nightgoggles.com/wp-content/uploads/LPCWS_2.jpg

Just practice with them, ALOT.   Know how to adjust the optics correctly and to use the power and IR lights without seeing them.  It could save your life.
View All Quotes

Now you're talking.

Yeah I am used to PVS-14s. I like them so far. Thanks for the tips. I swear it's impossible to save money here. I spent about $350 on the ballistic panels today. Also doing some other fun things in the team.

We've been ordered to start wearing go-pros if we have them. The guys that don't do much work make shit tons of videos and get better support since they have cool videos.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 8:16:45 PM EDT
[#10]

Yeah I am used to PVS-14s. I like them so far. Thanks for the tips. I swear it's impossible to save money here. I spent about $350 on the ballistic panels today. Also doing some other fun things in the team.

We've been ordered to start wearing go-pros if we have them. The guys that don't do much work make shit tons of videos and get better support since they have cool videos.
View All Quotes

Now you're talking.

It is great you are already familiar with the PVS-14's.  Dual tube is a nice step up.

lol about the rest, it's pretty cool the guys are getting better support with the videos they make.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 8:18:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#11]

Link Posted: 3/10/2024 8:30:48 PM EDT
[#12]

This.

Link Posted: 3/10/2024 8:32:26 PM EDT
[#13]

Link Posted: 3/10/2024 8:44:51 PM EDT
[#14]
ISW assessment for March 10th.

https://www.understandingwar.org/backgrounder/russian-offensive-campaign-assessment-march-10-2024

A Ukrainian military official confirmed that Russian forces are conducting strikes in Ukraine with improved glide bombs. Ukrainian Tavriisk Group of Forces Spokesperson Captain Dmytro Lykhovyi reported on March 10 that Russian forces struck Myrnohrad, Donetsk Oblast, with three universal interspecific glide munition (UMPB) D-30SN guided glide bombs that Ukrainian forces initially originally assessed were S-300 missiles.[1] Lykhovyi stated that improved UMPB D-30SN guided glide bombs essentially convert Soviet-era FAB unguided gravity bombs to guided glide bombs. Russian forces had previously used unguided glide bombs as recently as January 2024.[2]

ISW recently observed Russian milbloggers claim that Russian forces began conducting strikes with FAB UMPB guided glide bombs, as opposed to using unguided glide bombs with unified planning and correction modules (UMPC), in unspecified areas in Ukraine.[3] A Russian milblogger claimed that UMPB guided glide bombs have a guidance system that includes a noise-resistant GLONASS/GPS “Comet” signal receiver and folding wings similar to a Kh-101 cruise missile.[4] Russian milbloggers claimed that Russian forces can launch UMPB guided glide bombs from aircraft and ground-based multiple rocket launch systems (MLRS) such as Tornado-S and Smerch MLRS.[5]

A Russian outlet claimed that Russian aviation is currently launching UMPBs without jet engines, but that Russia anticipates employing UMPBs with jet engines in the future.[6] Russian milbloggers claimed that UMPB guided glide bombs with a jet engine and fuel tank, currently absent from aerial glide bombs with UMPC, will allow Russian aviation to drop guided glide bombs from a lower altitude “similar to air-to-surface cruise missiles” and increase the maximum strike range to 80-90 kilometers.[7]

Russian milbloggers claimed that the increased range of UMPB guided glide bombs will allow Russian Aerospace Forces (VKS) to increase the depth of strikes on Ukrainian positions without risk from Ukrainian air forces detecting or destroying Russian fixed-wing aircraft. Russian milbloggers claimed that the Russian defense industrial base (DIB) is attempting to mass-produce UMPB guided glide bombs.[9] Russian forces will likely attempt to serialize production of UMPB guided glide bombs and increase their use across the frontline.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/10/2024 9:03:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Statement of the All-Ukrainian Council of Churches and Religious Organizations

We, members of the All-Ukrainian Council of Churches and religious organizations, whose faithful defend freedom and life itself on the front lines today, fight for human dignity and the future of the free world at the front and in the rear, categorically declare that no one will ever force our people to surrender.

Ukraine is bleeding, but it stands for the Truth, for the right to be itself. Stands bravely and irresistibly. And if it capitulated, then Europe, maybe the whole world would immediately feel it. They would feel it and shudder. Because this is a repetition of the crimes of Buchi and Irpen, this is the further destruction of cities and villages, and almost certainly not only Ukrainian ones, these are children who remained children forever, these are dozens and hundreds of tortured priests who preach God's commandments, not "Russian peace ", this is the triumph of evil on the whole planet.

We pray for peace every day. For the return of our soldiers from the front, hostages from captivity, refugees from abroad. For understanding between peoples and healing the wounds caused by war. But surrendering to the mercy of this enemy is not about peace. It is about the victory of slavery over freedom, darkness over light, about the supremacy of the right of the strong over the force of law. We have experienced this bitterly and repeatedly over the past centuries.

To capitulate to triumphant evil is tantamount to the collapse of the universal idea of ​​justice, a betrayal of the fundamental instructions bequeathed to us in the great spiritual traditions.

Therefore, we bless and will bless our faithful for the defense of our country, we will pray for Victory over the enemy and a just peace, we will extend our hand to all people of good will who support Ukraine at this crucial time. We believe and know that we will never be alone in this.

"For the Lord loves a just judgment and will not abandon those who are faithful to Him. They will be preserved forever" (Ps. 36:28)

https://vrciro.org.ua/ua/statements/statement-of-the-all-ukrainian-council-of-churches-and-religious-organizations

Link Posted: 3/10/2024 9:09:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#16]

Source:  https://73online.ru/r/na_aviastare_otkryto_780_vakansiy_na_uaze_-_368-132108

View Quote

That's an important one, I saw this talking point getting waved around recently.
It's seems pretty quiet aside from the usual Shaheds, it might be a Russia-focused night.

ETA-

Nope 🙄

Link Posted: 3/10/2024 9:09:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By realwar:
Buy this man a beer..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqCyHySzEj4
View Quote

Not sure what was "shot down". The missile appeared to be employing decoy flares which is something they've been seeing doing just before hitting their targets.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 9:11:10 PM EDT
[#18]

https://www.understandingwar.org/backgrounder/russian-offensive-campaign-assessment-march-10-2024

View Quote

This is where F-16s and AIM-120s would prove highly useful. Give those fuckers something else to worry about. Hopefully Ukraine will have some F-16s in-country and ready for business before Russia gets the improved glide bombs ready.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 9:28:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#19]

View Quote

View Quote

1\ #ucraina Zaproizha Front: New attack repelled in recent days by the Ukrainian side in Robotyne. The idea I have is that the southern part of the village is a sort of braking zone. Often Russian vehicles manage to get further ahead, but are then eliminated. The country has disintegrated and no major defensive footholds in the lower part, and Ukrainians have established main lines more in the central part. Frontline remains essentially unchanged.

View Quote
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 9:30:25 PM EDT
[#20]
🇺🇦🇺🇦‼️‼️ VERY BIG VICTORY FOR UKRAINE TONIGHT!

Ukrainian journalist from
@AP
Mstyslav Chernov won the #Oscar for best documentary for his film #20DaysInMariupol , where he documents in #Marioupol the first days of the invasion.

DESERVED!!!

CONGRATULATIONS !!!

Link Posted: 3/10/2024 9:39:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#21]
Originally Posted By Charging_Handle:

This is where F-16s and AIM-120s would prove highly useful. Give those fuckers something else to worry about. Hopefully Ukraine will have some F-16s in-country and ready for business before Russia gets the improved glide bombs ready.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Charging_Handle:

https://www.boeing.com/content/dam/boeing/boeingdotcom/defense/weapons-weapons/images/powered_JDAM_product_card.pdf

I agree, it would be good to get some of those powered JDAM's for them too so they could be launched against the Russian positions 300 nm away.

Russia continues efforts to scale up its production of guided glide bombs for use in Ukraine. Ukrainian Air Forces Spokesperson Colonel Yuriy Ihnat stated in an interview with CNN published on March 10 that Russia is focusing on producing FAB-1500 guided glide bombs because they are far cheaper to produce than missiles.[70] Ihnat noted that Russia will not be able to quickly increase its production of the FAB-1500 guided glide bombs, however, and that producing the bombs will still be costly.[71]

German outlet BILD reported on March 7 that Russia has begun mass producing its FAB-1500-M54 guided glide bomb.[72] CNN interviewed Ukrainian soldiers operating near Krasnohorivka (west of Donetsk City) who stated that Russian previously only shelled Ukrainian positions in the area but are now conducting heavy airstrikes with FAB-1500 bombs.[73]

Royal United Services Institute (RUSI) Senior Research Fellow Justin Bronk told CNN that Russia’s defense industrial base (DIB) has bottlenecks for “glide kits” (likely referring to universal planning and correction modules [UMPCs] that Russia attaches to unguided FAB and guided KAB bombs, including FAB-1500 variants, to turn them into glide bombs) but that Russia has a significant amount of materiel for the basic explosive package in the FAB-1500 guided glide bombs.[74]
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 9:45:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#22]
Pretty large attack on Odesa in progress.

the first mopeds fly up to Arcadia and Fontanka - anti-moped work is underway

please stay away from windows

I'll hang up as there's no threat

https://t.me/vanek_nikolaev/21962

mopeds come in waves to the city

The 1st wave is being processed right now

The 2nd wave also flies from the sea to the city, within 15-20 minutes it will fly up to the city limits

I repeat once again - be in safe places if possible

https://t.me/vanek_nikolaev/21963

The first wave of mopeds has left the city limits and is flying further towards Dachny, Shirokaya Balka and other settlements to the north-west of Odessa

The 2nd wave of mopeds is approaching Arcadia, there will be sounds again soon

Odessa - do not leave safe places, please

https://t.me/vanek_nikolaev/21964

1st wave ceased to exist

The 2nd wave is being processed right now

The 3rd wave, in similar numbers as the 2nd, flies towards Odessa from the sea - within 15 minutes it will fly up to the city limits

anti-moped sounds will be heard again in Odessa and other nearby settlements

https://t.me/vanek_nikolaev/21965

the remnants of the 2nd wave are flying in the Bolgarka area, that is, to the north-west of Odessa

The 3rd wave (probably the last) will soon approach the city limits - there will be anti-moped sounds again

please don't leave safe places

https://t.me/vanek_nikolaev/21966

The 3rd wave flies over Odessa and in the Chernomorsk area, heading north-west towards Dachnoye and other settlements north-west of Odessa

did not fly by in full force - more mopeds from the sea will fly over the city, they will be used for work

please stay in safe places

https://t.me/vanek_nikolaev/21967

💥 Odesa - powerful explosions

https://t.me/povitryanatrivogaaa/81102

Link Posted: 3/10/2024 10:39:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:
I agree with you fully. They are using what they have improperly because they don't have the resources they need to use them as designed.
Is it wrong to think our military leadership at the higher levels spent more time kissing ass and giving reach arounds than they did learning how to fight?
I miss DasJuden in the thread. I hope he is doing well.
View Quote

Tell me he didn't get banned. Why are so many good guys banned?
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 10:41:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

Tell me he didn't get banned. Why are so many good guys banned?
View Quote

I won't put his business out there, but I believe he's just busy.

Link Posted: 3/10/2024 10:44:56 PM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes

A Ukrainian military official confirmed that Russian forces are conducting strikes in Ukraine with improved glide bombs. Ukrainian Tavriisk Group of Forces Spokesperson Captain Dmytro Lykhovyi reported on March 10 that Russian forces struck Myrnohrad, Donetsk Oblast, with three universal interspecific glide munition (UMPB) D-30SN guided glide bombs that Ukrainian forces initially originally assessed were S-300 missiles.[1] Lykhovyi stated that improved UMPB D-30SN guided glide bombs essentially convert Soviet-era FAB unguided gravity bombs to guided glide bombs. Russian forces had previously used unguided glide bombs as recently as January 2024.[2]

ISW recently observed Russian milbloggers claim that Russian forces began conducting strikes with FAB UMPB guided glide bombs, as opposed to using unguided glide bombs with unified planning and correction modules (UMPC), in unspecified areas in Ukraine.[3] A Russian milblogger claimed that UMPB guided glide bombs have a guidance system that includes a noise-resistant GLONASS/GPS “Comet” signal receiver and folding wings similar to a Kh-101 cruise missile.[4] Russian milbloggers claimed that Russian forces can launch UMPB guided glide bombs from aircraft and ground-based multiple rocket launch systems (MLRS) such as Tornado-S and Smerch MLRS.[5]

A Russian outlet claimed that Russian aviation is currently launching UMPBs without jet engines, but that Russia anticipates employing UMPBs with jet engines in the future.[6] Russian milbloggers claimed that UMPB guided glide bombs with a jet engine and fuel tank, currently absent from aerial glide bombs with UMPC, will allow Russian aviation to drop guided glide bombs from a lower altitude “similar to air-to-surface cruise missiles” and increase the maximum strike range to 80-90 kilometers.[7]

Russian milbloggers claimed that the increased range of UMPB guided glide bombs will allow Russian Aerospace Forces (VKS) to increase the depth of strikes on Ukrainian positions without risk from Ukrainian air forces detecting or destroying Russian fixed-wing aircraft. Russian milbloggers claimed that the Russian defense industrial base (DIB) is attempting to mass-produce UMPB guided glide bombs.[9] Russian forces will likely attempt to serialize production of UMPB guided glide bombs and increase their use across the frontline.

That is sufficient standoff range to wreck Ukrainian defensive lines completely. Things are looking bad for AFU in 2024. As bad as it's been since March 2022.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 10:48:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: guns762] [#26]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 11:02:46 PM EDT
[#27]
How about a refresher on Russian propaganda? We haven't heard from Mardan in a while. He's rehashing all the old talking points: anyone that believes in independent Ukraine is literally a Nazi, all vestiges of Ukrainian independence or culture must be fully eradicated. Taras Shevchenko whom he refers to is celebrated as a progenitor of distinct Ukrainian arts, he was a poet & painter in the 19th century who composed in the Ukrainian language. In short, Mardan is continuing to campaign for genocide of Ukraine.

An interesting point: he insists that Ukraine will disappear as a political entity, and be nothing but Russia, which is its historical place. But Ukraine was one of the founding member states of the United Nations. Distinct from USSR, Ukraine had its own UN seat. So Russia did historically recognize some kind of political sovereignty for Ukraine, but that is now to be erased. Whatever, empire.

Sergey Mardan says Ukrainians have to be turned into Russians
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 11:12:13 PM EDT
[#28]

That is sufficient standoff range to wreck Ukrainian defensive lines completely. Things are looking bad for AFU in 2024. As bad as it's been since March 2022.
View All Quotes

It's concerning, but I think there's reason to be a little optimistic. Once the Czech group buy artillery ammo starts to get to the front lines, it'll increase Ukrainian artillery fire rates. If reports are to be believed, the fact that the Ukrainians know they have more artillery ammo lined up has enabled them to use their current stockpiles more liberally. The Czech artillery ammo getting their will also coincide with spring mud season, which will provide a number of weeks where mechanized movements off-road will become very risky.

The Russians are in an interesting situation. They just had the Ukrainians in a pretty gnarly situation, and it looked like their strategy of military and societal exhaustion (both in Ukraine and the west) was starting to pay dividends. However, they can't maintain that pace forever, especially with Ukrainian artillery fire rates increasing, which will increase manpower and material losses, as will the muddy conditions. Even with Ukrainian fire rates constrained and the Ukrainians having to heavily compensate with FPV drones, the Russians have been unable to achieve a serious breakthrough.

So, does Putin allow the Russian military to slow down, take a round off to catch its breath and reconstitute, stockpile equipment instead of lose it in assaults, and prepare for a larger offensive once mud season ends? Or, does Putin double down, fearful of what happens if they give Ukraine more time to dig in and maybe even alleviate some of their manpower issues? That's a really tough question. There's huge risks involved in both decisions. If they continue to press the assault in the face of higher Ukrainian fire rates and mud season, they run the risk of attriting themselves to the point that they're back down to parity with the UAF. On the flipside, if they don't, they risk giving the Ukrainians more time to resolve their issues, therefore making further advances even more difficult.

This is kind of similar to Eisenhower in the ETO in late 1944. He opted to double down and keep going, under the impression that the Germans would break before Christmas. Instead, that choice resulted in very bloody results for the US Army, and it led to a giant disaster in the Ardennes that was nearly a serious defeat.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 11:20:01 PM EDT
[#29]
1420 asks Russians, who they should be allies with, China or USA? Mostly as you expect, but then they follow up some with "but China is a dictatorship?" There are some enlightening replies there, and at least one hilarious comment about the US.

100 Russians choose between China and USA
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 11:20:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#30]
Another photo of the downed Shahed

Cunning orcs painted numbers all over the car in the hope that the photo would get on the network in its original form, so that they would understand where Shahed was shot down, but not this time, orcs, everything is carefully censored😉

https://t.me/our_odessa/63240

❗️The Odessa region has been attacked by kamikaze drones “Geranium” for several nights in a row; it is known that they were hit in the vicinity of Dachny.

Informant

https://t.me/infomil_live/4767

In the Odesa district, as a result of the night attack of the "shaheeds", an infrastructure object was damaged, and administrative buildings were damaged.

"A fire broke out on the spot, which was promptly extinguished. The shock wave knocked out the glazing of private houses around, debris caused destruction to commercial buildings. There were no casualties or injuries," Oleg Kiper, the head of Odesa OVA, said.

In general, combat work lasted one and a half hours. Anti-aircraft defense units repelled waves of "shaheeds" coming from the Black Sea with complex maneuvers between residential buildings and industrial districts, complicating the work of air defense.

10 unmanned aerial vehicles of the Shahed-131/136 type were shot down by our air defense forces in the skies of Odesa.

https://t.me/newspn/84853

Nataliya Humeniuk: Last night, the enemy tried to hit Odesa as powerfully as possible

On the night of March 11, the enemy tried to carry out the most powerful blow on the Odesa region.

This was stated by the spokeswoman of the Defense Forces of southern Ukraine, Colonel Natalia Humeniuk, on the air of the telethon.

According to her, Odesa region was attacked by drones from the Black Sea for more than an hour and a half, trying to make routes for themselves through industrial and residential areas. Many maneuvers were carried out in the middle of residential buildings.

"Unfortunately, in the Odesa region, an infrastructure facility was hit: administrative buildings were damaged, but so far there has been no information about the victims. The fire was promptly extinguished, in most cases it was a local lesion that does not pose a powerful threat to other people," said Nataliia Humeniuk.

She recalled that the previous drone attack was in the region of 40 units and was dispersed in different directions, and this time the enemy attacked not only the south, but also the eastern direction, in particular the Kharkiv region.

As reported by ArmyInform, since the beginning of March, the Russians have sent 175 Shaheds to Ukraine, 151 of them were shot down.

https://armyinform.com.ua/2024/03/11/nataliya-gumenyuk-cziyeyi-nochi-vorog-namagavsya-maksymalno-potuzhno-vdaryty-po-odesi/

Link Posted: 3/10/2024 11:21:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Question for discussion - what does Putin do about Ukraine after his election?
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 11:23:43 PM EDT
[#32]
How about a refresher on Russian propaganda? We haven't heard from Mardan in a while. He's rehashing all the old talking points: anyone that believes in independent Ukraine is literally a Nazi, all vestiges of Ukrainian independence or culture must be fully eradicated. Taras Shevchenko whom he refers to is celebrated as a progenitor of distinct Ukrainian arts, he was a poet & painter in the 19th century who composed in the Ukrainian language. In short, Mardan is continuing to campaign for genocide of Ukraine.

An interesting point: he insists that Ukraine will disappear as a political entity, and be nothing but Russia, which is its historical place. But Ukraine was one of the founding member states of the United Nations. Distinct from USSR, Ukraine had its own UN seat. So Russia did historically recognize some kind of political sovereignty for Ukraine, but that is now to be erased. Whatever, empire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPBkPuU5hMw
View Quote

This is actually a really interesting subject, and it's one I've been doing a lot of reading about lately. The Russian Empire did not recognize that Ukrainians existed, with Ukrainians who deviated from their role as 'Little Russians' being denigrated as 'Mazepintsy' (feel free to Google that; it's basically the 19th century equivalent to 'Banderite' today). The White Russian Émigrés who fled after the Civil War were extremely chauvinistic, sympathetic to fascism/Nazism as a rule (Hitler's conception of 'Judeo-Bolshevism' was actually heavily influenced by White Russian Émigrés factions in Germany), and didn't think Ukrainians were a people. In the USSR, however, Ukrainians were viewed as being a very similar, but nonetheless different people than Russians. The Ukrainian language also had defenders in some fairly high places in the USSR, at least at some points in time. There was still a ton of paranoia regarding Ukrainian 'nationalism' in Soviet security forces, but, under the Putin regime, we've witnessed Russian attitudes towards Ukrainians entirely revert to traditional Tsarist and White Émigré views, which deny the existence of Ukrainians.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 11:24:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Banditman:

I bet a spy tipped RU off with the location
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Banditman:
Originally Posted By ServusVeritatis:

Finally getting a Himars or a few M1s isn’t a deal breaker.

The Patriot is the one you got to figure out.

I bet a spy tipped RU off with the location

I’d say it was the drone filming that tipped off the location.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 11:27:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ServusVeritatis] [#34]
Originally Posted By KELBEAST:

The Saudi’s have lost quite a few more M1’s (25 I believe) and it’s enough for the internet to claim they’ve lost 400. So I guess according to that math, all of that Ukrainian Abram’s have been lost.

It’s pretty damn sad that we’ve sent 450 to Saudi, 150+ to Iraq, and thousands more all over the world, and only 31 to Ukraine. That doesn’t excuse them employing them in shitty tactics though. Driving Bradley’s straight in to a minefield in daylight is DUMB and so it driving an Abram’s around in daylight with no infantry or Abram’s or protection against drones.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By KELBEAST:
Originally Posted By ServusVeritatis:

Finally getting a Himars or a few M1s isn’t a deal breaker.

The Patriot is the one you got to figure out.

The Saudi’s have lost quite a few more M1’s (25 I believe) and it’s enough for the internet to claim they’ve lost 400. So I guess according to that math, all of that Ukrainian Abram’s have been lost.

It’s pretty damn sad that we’ve sent 450 to Saudi, 150+ to Iraq, and thousands more all over the world, and only 31 to Ukraine. That doesn’t excuse them employing them in shitty tactics though. Driving Bradley’s straight in to a minefield in daylight is DUMB and so it driving an Abram’s around in daylight with no infantry or Abram’s or protection against drones.

I do give Ukraine the benefit of the doubt when it comes to equipment losses.

They are, without argument from any side, inflicting much more material and manpower loss on the enemy.

Those other M1 recipients around the world are also only fighting insurgencies or internal skirmishes.

This is a direct peer conflict between equal conventional forces….youre going to lose equipment at a certain rate.

M1 Abrams was developed 1972.
T90M was developed in 2016.

Keep that in mind.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 12:01:22 AM EDT
[#35]
❗️The Russian Federation is moving ship repair bases from Crimea!

ATESH agents record regular transportation of Russian ship engines from Crimea towards Taman.

It is likely that the occupiers are strengthening their ability to repair military vessels in Novorossiysk. In the city where the Black Sea Fleet base is now located.

The reason for this is the successful strikes of the Ukrainian Defense Forces on military targets in Crimea. ATESH plays an important role in this process.

We are confident that the Black Sea Fleet will turn into a river swamp flotilla. Or it will be completely destroyed.

Link Posted: 3/11/2024 12:12:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#36]
Video is not persuasive.

Russian source:

🇺🇦⚔️🇷🇺APU tried to invade the Belgorod region and were defeated

▪️The enemy decided to carry out an offensive in the Belgorod region for the Russian presidential elections, writes military correspondent E. Poddubny:
▪️At the junction of the Kharkov and Sumy regions, in the Grayvoronsk direction, the command of the Armed Forces of Ukraine deployed special forces units of the GUR “Artan”. The detachment was given armored vehicles, artillery and infantry. 5 tanks, self-propelled guns, MLRS, more than 10 infantry fighting vehicles and pickup trucks with heavy machine guns.
▪️The enemy tried to camouflage himself in the winter forest regiments, but the scouts of the group covering the state border promptly discovered the enemy forces.
▪️The fire defeat group waited for the moment when the battle formation began to form and defeated the enemy.
▪️5 tanks, 3 self-propelled guns, 1 MLRS, several pickup trucks and infantry fighting vehicles were destroyed, 70 Ukrainian Armed Forces militants were eliminated and seriously wounded. Our Lancets also worked; the last frame shows the density of drones in the air. VKS FABAs also worked with UMPC. Iskander OTRK missiles hit French self-propelled guns.

https://t.me/RVvoenkor/63466

Link Posted: 3/11/2024 12:16:30 AM EDT
[#37]
Trophy tank T90-A (with the help of BTS-4) pulls out another trophy T-90A
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 12:40:05 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By M35ben
In Berdychi, Ukraine’s M-1 Abrams Tanks Made Their Last Stand—And Halted The Russian Advance
The Ukrainian 47th Brigade has lost three of its 31 M-1s

David Axe   Forbes Staff

After blasting the Ukrainian army’s ammunition-starved 110th Mechanized Brigade out of the ruins of Avdiivka in eastern Ukraine three weeks ago, the Russian army had the momentum.

As the 110th and adjacent units—including, north of Avdiivka, the 47th Mechanized Brigade—retreated toward more defensible terrain to the west, the Russians advanced ... for miles.

Those miles represented the Russian army’s biggest gains in a year.

But any prospect of the Russians breaking through the Ukrainians’ new defensive line and rolling into their undefended rear—and toward major population centers—ended this month, as the 47th Brigade and other Ukrainian units turned around, fought back and even counterattacked in some areas.

It was a costly turn for the Ukrainians. The 47th Brigade—the main operator of Ukraine’s American-made heavy armor including M-1 Abrams tanks, M-2 Bradley fighting vehicles and Assault Breacher engineering vehicles—lost (according to analyst Andrew Perpetua) nearly 10 percent of its armor, including: three of the 69-ton, four-person M-1s; at least four of the 34-ton, 10-person M-2s; and two of the 65-ton, two-person Assault Breachers.

But in making its stand in the town of Berdychi, five miles northwest of Avdiivka, the 47th Brigade inflicted many, many more losses than it suffered. The roads toward Berdychi are littered with the hulks of Russian tanks, tracked fighting vehicles and—especially—BTR-80 wheeled armored personnel carriers. Not to mention potentially hundreds of dead Russian infantry.

More importantly, the 47th Brigade—and the adjacent brigades to the south—has halted the Russian 2nd and 41st Combined Arms Armies.

In the heady two weeks following Avdiivka’s fall, the Russians rolled through, from north to south, the settlements of Stepove, Lastochkyne and Sjeverne. But only because the retreating Ukrainians chose to not defend those settlements as they headed for the settlements farther west: Berdychi, Orlivka and Tonen'ke.

Those settlements have water at their backs, making them harder to assault across and thus easier to defend.

The Ukrainian Center for Defense Strategies summed up what happened along the Berdychi-Tonen’ke line this week. “On the Avdiivka direction, the 47th Separate Mechanized Brigade successfully defends Berdychi, repelling the attacks from the enemy’s 15th and 30th Separate Motorized Rifle Brigades.”

The 3rd Separate Assault Brigade repelled an enemy assault in the area of Orlivka, where the 25th Separate Airborne Brigade assumed a defensive position. The enemy advances along the lakes to the south of Orlivka and infiltrated to the southwest of the Zoryansky pond, south of the village.

The 53rd Separate Mechanized Brigade is holding its ground in Tonen’ke, improving its tactical position by repelling an attack from the enemy’s 114th Separate Motorized Rifle Brigade of the 1st Army Corps, supported by the 55th Separate Motorized Rifle Brigade of the 41st Army from the Lastochkyne-Tonen’ke direction.
View Quote

If there’s anything the Russians can boast about, as the Avdiivka campaign draws to a close, it’s that they’ve managed to infiltrate and dig in across the southeast corner of Tonen’ke—although only after brutally bombarding the settlement from the air and losing several warplanes in the process.

“The [Russian] 1st Separate Motorized Rifle Brigade of the 1st Army Corps and the 35th Separate Motorized Rifle Brigade of the 41st Army attacked Tonen’ke from the south, but they did not achieve success,” CDS pointed out.

And with that, five months after it began, the Battle of Avdiivka finally is ending.

It’s a pyrrhic victory for the Russians. Yes, they captured Avdiivka’s rubble. But it cost them at least 16,000 dead, probably tens of thousands of wounded and nearly 800 armored vehicles. Ukrainian losses total, it seems, a few thousand killed, thousands more wounded and fewer than 100 armored vehicles.

The M-1s, M-2s and Assault Breachers the 47th Brigade lost in close street fighting in Berdychi could be some of the final losses of the campaign. They amount to 10 percent of the brigade’s tanks, five percent of its fighting vehicles and maybe a third of its engineering vehicles.

There’s just one reason the 47th Brigade can’t swiftly replace the vehicles it wrote off in its fighting retreat west of Avdiivka. It’s the same reason the low-on-ammo Ukrainians had to retreat from Avdiivka in the first place: Russia-friendly Republicans in the U.S. Congress blocked further U.S. aid to Ukraine starting in October.

Even cut off from U.S. support, the 47th Brigade still has plenty of combat power. Likely more than enough to hold Berdychi. What it and the rest of the Ukrainian army don’t have is the surplus of people, vehicles and ammo they would need to launch a major attack back toward the east.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidaxe/2024/03/07/in-berdychi-ukraines-m-1-abrams-tanks-made-their-last-stand-and-halted-the-russian-advance/?sh=5648d34b4e70

View Quote
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 12:47:38 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By doc540:
"Sea Baby" drones haul butt

what speed?

Sea Baby Drone In Action
View Quote

Those dudes are rocking the tactical tuna
(FN FS 2000)
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 12:47:46 AM EDT
[#40]
Report on the state of the world arms trade for 2019–2023 by the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI), main conclusions:

▪️Compared to the last five-year period, arms purchases by European countries almost doubled (+94%);

▪️55% came from supplies from the USA, this is 35% more than in the previous period;

▪️Exports to the countries of Asia and Oceania (among them the 10 largest importers in the world) showed significant growth;

▪️The United States increased military sales by 17%;

▪️Russia's arms exports decreased by half, for the first time it dropped to third place, losing second place to France;

▪️Global arms supplies showed a slight drop of 3.3%.

https://t.me/tass_agency/235775

The almost two-fold increase in arms imports by European countries over the past five years is caused by supplies to Ukraine, writes the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute.

According to SIPRI, Kyiv has become the largest importer in Europe, taking fourth place in the world ranking. Since February 2022, 30 countries have sent weapons to Ukraine.

https://t.me/tass_agency/235776

Link Posted: 3/11/2024 1:00:46 AM EDT
[#41]
Question for discussion - what does Putin do about Ukraine after his election?
View Quote

Stays the course.  I think everyone correctly understands that Putin is treating this as a contest of wills with the west, and that all he has to do is continue what he’s been doing.  I also don’t think they’re really capable of more.  Putin will expend any level of human and material resources to either conquer Ukraine or destroy it, and will continue until he’s removed from power or Russia collapses.
IMO it’s likely that another mobilization follows soon after the election, so they can execute a summer offensive. It’s likely that this summer is their last best shot at winning outright before they start running out of armor and artillery.  Of course, they can’t really train men in that period of time, but I don’t think they care.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 1:09:42 AM EDT
[#42]

🇷🇺🇺🇦 Chronicle of a special military operation
for March 10, 2024

Russian forces again struck targets in several areas of the so-called. Ukraine. Explosions were heard in Odessa, Vinnitsa, Kirovograd and other regions, as well as in the occupied territory of the DPR.

Ukrainian formations tried to attack various settlements in the Belgorod region several times during the day, and in the area of ​​Bolshaya Pisarevka they tried to cross the border.

There are heavy battles on the fronts of the Northern Military District. In the Kupyansk-Svatovsky, Limansky and Seversky directions, the parties are conducting mutual reconnaissance and artillery duels.

Near Bakhmut, Russian forces gain a foothold in Ivanovskoye and push through enemy defenses at Bogdanovka.

In the Avdeevsky direction, the enemy is counterattacking with large forces, and there are oncoming battles on the Berdychi-Tonenkoe line. The Ukrainian Armed Forces were able to recapture part of Berdychi, Tonenky and Orlovka, but were unable to completely dislodge Russian forces.

In the Donetsk and Ugledarsky sectors, the Russian Armed Forces hold the initiative, conducting offensive operations in Georgievka and Novomikhailovka.

In the Rabotino area in the Orekhovsky sector, the enemy is strengthening its defenses and conducting a counteroffensive. Despite the almost complete destruction of the village, the Russian Armed Forces still control the central and eastern parts of the village.

https://t.me/rybar/58048

⚡️Front-line report for the morning 03/11/2024⚡️

The Zaporozhye front remains tense on the Rabotino-Verbovoye line, where the Russian Armed Forces were able to capture several enemy positions between these settlements. Fierce fighting continues in Rabotino itself, with artillery active on both sides. (Fig. 1)

On the Donetsk front there are oncoming battles from Novomikhailovka to Nevelskoye. The Russian Armed Forces actively use long-range weapons and aviation. The Ukrainian Armed Forces are trying to counterattack. In the Tonenky area, the Armed Forces of Ukraine, having pulled up reserves, counterattacked from the western outskirts of the village - to no avail. Fierce oncoming fighting continues in Orlovka. Both here and there - powerful work of artillery and aviation of the Russian Armed Forces. In Berdychi, the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation on the eastern outskirts of the settlement. also repel Ukrainian counterattacks. (Fig. 2)

In the Bakhmut direction, Russian troops continue to try to dislodge the Ukrainian Armed Forces from the western end of the settlement, and are also conducting offensive operations in Kleshcheevki and Bogdanovka. LBS has not changed. (Fig. 3)

On the Lugansk front, Russian troops, with artillery support, continue assault operations near Yampolevka and Ternov and Sinkovka. LBS remains unchanged. (Fig.4)

https://t.me/wargonzo/18664

#Summary for the morning of March 11, 2024

▪️Yesterday, in the Grayvoronsky direction of the Belgorod region, the enemy was preparing to break through the Russian state border. A detachment of the Main Intelligence Directorate of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine with assigned equipment and manpower (5 tanks, self-propelled guns, MLRS, more than 10 infantry fighting vehicles and pickup trucks with heavy machine guns) was discovered and destroyed (video) at the time of formation of battle formations. The Russian Armed Forces used all kinds of weapons: FAB, Lancets, Iskanders.

▪️At night, the Russian Armed Forces attacked enemy targets in the Odessa and Kharkov regions.

▪️In the Kherson direction, from the enemy’s shore near the city of Kherson, over the past 24 hours, a civilian ship sailing into the Dnieper was identified. It was monitored during the night, after which yesterday in the morning it was blown up by a boat with explosives, the ship was holed and ran aground. Air strikes continue on the positions of the Ukrainian Armed Forces on the right bank, and on ours - the destruction of enemy infantry in Krynki.

▪️On the Zaporozhye Front, they note the activation of enemy artillery in the Verbovoy area, near which the Russian Armed Forces occupied another strong point. In Rabotino, the advance of our units has slowed down: the demining of trenches in the village is taking place under attacks from enemy drones. The enemy launches counterattacks.

▪️West of Avdeevka, fighting is on the same lines. In Orlovka, the Russian Armed Forces advanced a little; the fourth Abrams tank of the Armed Forces of Ukraine was destroyed near Berdychi.

▪️In the direction to Chasov Yar, fighting is also taking place in Ivanovsky (Krasny), Bogdanovka and near Kleshcheevka.

▪️In the Leningrad region, an aircraft-type UAV was shot down yesterday near Fornosovo, Tosnensky district. Also, two drones were shot down over the Klintsovsky and Pochepsky districts of the Bryansk region and over the territory of the Oryol region. In the Kursk region, Gordeevka, Korenevsky district, was shelled. In Kulbaki, Glushkovsky district, as a result of a direct hit from a shell, a residential building caught fire, a local resident died, and her husband received extensive burns. In Kursk, a Ukrainian drone fell and caught fire on the territory of an oil depot.

▪️In the Belgorod region, 2 aircraft-type UAVs hit a village. Builder of the Yakovlevsky urban district, a truck caught fire. Three kamikaze drones attacked the village. Gorkovsky, Grayvoronsky urban district, two - n.p. Glade of the Maslovopristansky settlement of the Shebekinsky urban district.

▪️The enemy fired 225 shells at the civilian population of the DPR, 8 civilians were wounded, incl. one child.

The summary was compiled by: Two majors

https://t.me/dva_majors/36294

Link Posted: 3/11/2024 1:42:48 AM EDT
[#43]
Russia was predicted to have an acute shortage of builders in the next 5 years

In Russia, against the backdrop of the war, there is a growing shortage of personnel in construction, which will worsen in the next five years. By 2028, the country will lack 61% of welders and assemblers, 33% of fitting workers, 21% of truck drivers and road workers, as well as 16% of steel and reinforced concrete structure installers and electric and gas welders, Kommersant reports calculations from the National Association of Infrastructure Companies (NAIC).

At the same time, according to HeadHunter, the shortage of professional builders at the end of 2023 increased by 31% year-on-year and amounted to approximately 100 thousand people. At the same time, according to the portal “Russia's Work”, approximately 23 thousand people are registered with employment services and indicate construction as their area of ​​activity. Thus, the construction industry is among the top industries with the highest personnel shortage, says Anton Glushkov, president of the National Association of Builders.

The shortage of workers is due to the demographic situation, says Natalya Leshina, Deputy General Director for Organizational Efficiency and Personnel of the Stroytransgaz Group of Companies. She cites expert estimates that by 2030 Russia will lose about 1.9 million working-age people. Also, some young people with construction specialties are involved in the war against Ukraine, adds the general director of Smart Engineers Group of Companies, Hussein Pliev. Another problem is the decline in the number of migrants. According to Glushkov, in 2023 the influx of foreign workers to Russian construction sites decreased by 50%.

https://t.me/moscowtimes_ru/19902

The explosion at the Shagonarskaya CHPP in Tyva injured 23 people

A powerful explosion occurred at the Shagonarskaya CHPP, injuring 23 people. Six are in serious condition, Kommersant reports. There are 15 people in the hospital in total. Mash reports that most of the victims were diagnosed with carbon monoxide poisoning; one thermal power plant employee was diagnosed with a traumatic brain injury.

4,000 people were left without heat. The power plant's boilers remained intact; restoration of heat supply is expected in Shagonar in the evening.

Rostechnadzor reported that a man-made explosion occurred in the boiler room. A commission has been formed to investigate the causes of the accident.

https://t.me/moscowtimes_ru/19905

The government urged Russians to have children for the sake of apartments

Russian citizens should quickly start families and have children, since there are benefits for the purchase of apartments from the state, Deputy Prime Minister Marat Khusnullin, who oversees the construction industry, said on Wednesday.

According to Khusnullin, the former head of the Ministry of Construction, at the moment it is “very profitable” to use state programs of preferential mortgages for young families. “Currently the Central Bank rate is 16%, and for family mortgages it is 6%,” the Deputy Prime Minister cited data at the “Knowledge.First” educational marathon.

Since 2014, the number of child births in the country has fallen by a third, and as a result, for eight years in a row, official demographic statistics have recorded a natural population decline.

https://t.me/moscowtimes_ru/19915

India refused to enter into contracts with Rosneft due to sanctions

Rosneft failed to conclude long-term contracts with the largest Indian oil refineries for the purchase of 500 thousand barrels per day, Bloomberg reports, citing six industry sources.

Negotiations that have been going on since at least early February ended inconclusively, with state-owned Bharat Petroleum and Hindustan Petroleum deciding not to make firm purchase commitments from Russia's largest oil company in the coming financial year.

The leader of the Indian oil market, the state-owned Indian Oil Corp., already has long-term contracts with Rosneft and Gazprom Neft for the supply of 24.5 million tons of raw materials. However, the company will most likely reduce purchase volumes in 2024, Bloomberg writes.

https://t.me/moscowtimes_ru/19928

Gabon threatens to drive away Russian oil fleet

Gabonese Transport Minister Loïc Moudoma told Reuters that many Russian tankers had recently abandoned the Liberian flag and registered in Gabon. He said Gabon would remove them from its register if they were found to be engaged in illegal activities.

The tankers are among the vessels in the Sovcomflot fleet that have switched to the Gabonese flag: as of early February, of the 147 tankers in the Sovcomflot fleet, 42 vessels have changed their flag to the Gabonese flag, mainly from Liberian or Panamanian.

Dozens of oil tankers used by Russia have abandoned the flags of Liberia and the Marshall Islands in recent weeks following US pressure. The changes reflect the close relationship between the United States and the companies acting as ship registry administrators for Liberia and the Marshall Islands, which are based not in those countries but in the US state of Virginia, near Washington, and are subject to the jurisdiction of American regulatory authorities.

Since October, the U.S. Treasury Department has imposed price ceiling sanctions on 41 oil tankers, 24 of which were Liberian-flagged and one was flagged in the Marshall Islands. Some of the tankers were registered in Gabon, including 12 of the 14 that the US Treasury Department sanctioned on February 23.

https://t.me/moscowtimes_ru/19930

Russian companies began to go bankrupt en masse

Russia has been hit by a wave of corporate bankruptcies: in the first two months of 2024, the number of bankrupt companies increased by almost 60% compared to last year. In January, 571 companies were declared bankrupt against 364 a year ago, and in February - 771 against 478, Kommersant calculated based on reports of judicial acts in the EFRSB.

Prior to this, the number of bankruptcies had been steadily declining: in 2021 it was 10,306 cases, and in 2023 - 7,400. However, in 2024, the increase in the number of bankruptcies may turn out to be sustainable - this is indicated by statistics on monitoring procedures. Such procedures are introduced by the court after the declaration of insolvency of a legal entity from the debtor itself or its creditor has been recognized as justified. Observation lasts from five months or more. It shows the number of launches of new bankruptcy processes in the corporate sphere.

According to Fedresurs data, in 2023 surveillance was introduced in 7,532 companies - this is 44.1% higher than in 2022 (5,225 legal entities), when the moratorium was in effect. In the vast majority of cases, upon completion of the monitoring procedure, the company is declared bankrupt and bankruptcy proceedings are opened.

https://t.me/moscowtimes_ru/19991

Russia has lost half of its arms exports

Russia's arms exports fell by 53% in 2019–2023 compared to the previous five-year period. As a result, the country fell to third place for this indicator for the first time during observation, according to the report of the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SPIRI). As a result of the Five-Year Plan, the share of Russian weapons on the world market shrank to 11%. Russia was displaced from second place by France, which increased exports by 47% and increased its share in world exports to 11%. The first place is still occupied by the United States, whose exports grew by 17%, and its share in the global arms market reached 42%.

According to SPIRI, back in 2019, Russia supplied major types of weapons to 31 countries, in 2022 - already in 14, and in 2023 - only in 12. India became the largest importers of Russian weapons (34% of total exports weapons of the Russian Federation), China (21%) and Egypt (7.5%). The countries of the Middle East and Africa accounted for 13% and 10%, respectively. For comparison, the United States supplied major weapons to 107 states in 2019–2023, which is more than in all previous periods. The Middle East accounted for 38% of American supplies, Asia and Oceania - 31%, Europe - 28%.

https://t.me/moscowtimes_ru/19999

Link Posted: 3/11/2024 2:42:34 AM EDT
[#44]

Link Posted: 3/11/2024 3:11:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#45]

Link Posted: 3/11/2024 3:17:22 AM EDT
[#46]
A particularly large theft of diesel fuel, for which former “Hero Z” Major Alexander Sungurov is accused (the Cheka-OGPU was the first to tell about this), turned out to be a large-scale scam involving another 17 servicemen from different military units. Moreover, Sungurov was one of the last to come under investigation - in December 2023. Criminal proceedings were launched on July 20, 2023, a number of defendants admitted guilt. According to the investigation, military personnel have been stealing diesel fuel for a year since July 2022.

Another person involved in large-scale embezzlement is the head of the fuel and lubricants service, Major Oleg Kulikov. He, like Sungurov, is a combat veteran and has been awarded state and departmental awards. However, Kulikov was not included in the Ministry of Defense’s “Heroes of Z” section.

Initially, the investigation of the large-scale theft was carried out by the 534 Military Investigation Department. In October 2023, the case was withdrawn from its proceedings and transferred for investigation to the Main Military Investigation Department (GVSU). Major Kulikov spent five months in custody. On January 16, the court refused to grant the investigation’s request to extend his arrest, and the officer was released.

Let us remind you that after the publication of the Cheka-OGPU, the Russian Ministry of Defense removed from the site information about Major Alexander Sungurov from the “Heroes Z” section. The officer was arrested in Crimea in a criminal case of embezzlement of diesel fuel by an organized group on an especially large scale.

https://t.me/vchkogpu/45603

A source from the Cheka-OGPU reported on several very unpleasant air accidents that happened in March 2024 with aircraft of the SLO (special flight detachment) "Russia", transporting, among other things, top officials of the Russian state.

According to sources close to the airfield service of Rossiya, on March 6, when landing TU 214 at Vnukovo, the brake pads of one of the side landing gear broke, which almost led to the plane rolling out of the airfield. There were passengers on board the government plane at the time. According to the interlocutor, most likely they were FSO and presidential protocol officers flying back from a business trip.

Before this, problems with wing mechanization arose on another SLO board, which was transporting persons from the escort of the President of the Russian Federation to Krasnodar.

Such aircraft accidents, according to our sources, have become not at all uncommon. In August 2023, a Tu 214 plane made an emergency landing in Chita due to a landing gear failure. Then they disguised everything as a bird hitting an airliner engine. Despite the fact that the executive office of the President of Russia has a huge amount of money to buy spare parts, and the number of hours of government Tu and Ilov is not so large.

The planes of high-ranking Russian officials, as it turns out, are not insured against accidents with the planes they are currently flying. After one such incident, a chassis failure in 2011, then-President Medvedev purchased French Falcons for his needs and to this day uses mainly foreign cars.

https://t.me/vchkogpu/46454

Link Posted: 3/11/2024 3:19:06 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Prime:
View Quote

We're going to get to the point where mini fighter jet drones will be fighting with mini guided missiles
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 4:07:52 AM EDT
[#48]
The eight key points of France's military assistance to Ukraine (1/2)

OPINION - "The Government may, on its own initiative (...), make a statement on a given subject which gives rise to debate and may, if it so decides, be the subject of a vote without incurring its responsibility". It is on this constitutional basis (art. 50-1) that a debate will take place on Tuesday 12 in the National Assembly and Wednesday 13 in the Senate on the situation in Ukraine following the signing on 16 February of a bilateral security agreement with Ukraine. On this occasion, the Mars Group proposes an eight-point reflection on our military assistance to Ukraine.

By Mars Think Tank.

1. How did the West give up defending Ukraine from the start?

Let us recall at the outset that, to date, France has no legal obligation to provide military assistance to the Ukrainian state under any treaty of alliance. Since Ukraine is not a member of either NATO or the EU, the member states of these organizations did not owe it any military assistance in the event of aggression. And even if that had been the case, there's never anything automatic. This is why Western servicemen serving alongside the Armed Forces of Ukraine (AFU) in February 2022 were recalled by their respective states in order to protect them in the event of Russian aggression and to avoid any risk of co-belligerence. From this tactical-political reality stems the dilemma of the West: how to help Ukraine "from behind", i.e. without getting directly involved in the conflict?

The signal was given as early as 2014, when Russia annexed Crimea, when the Western signatories of the Budapest Memorandum of December 1994 (the United States and the United Kingdom, editor's note) renounced to provide Ukraine with the guarantees promised in exchange for its renunciation of the possession of nuclear weapons. It is true that the Memorandum was not a treaty ratified by the parties, but the mere reiteration of political commitments of the same value as the verbal commitment of US Secretary of State James Baker that NATO would not "extend an inch to the East" when it was necessary to lift the Russian veto on German reunification. When historians have enough hindsight and the emotion has dissipated, they may explain that the war in Ukraine has settled the ambiguities created by the dissolution of the Warsaw Pact and the Soviet Union. In this cathartic and apocalyptic ordeal (in the literal sense of "revelation of intentions"), this is no longer the time for ambiguity.

But as soon as a permanent member of the UN Security Council and with nuclear weapons attacked a non-nuclear-weapon state, it was obvious that international law had become inoperative and that relations between states had to obey the pure language of force. As such, withdrawing its military advisers on the eve of the invasion was more than a signal: a real green light. This was tantamount to physically erasing any "red line" drawn on internationally recognized Ukrainian territory.

Incidentally, the problem arises in the same terms today in Armenia. If France is serious in its commitment to protect the integrity of the small Caucasian republic, member of the Francophonie which seeks to emancipate itself from Moscow and confronted with Turkish-Azeri imperialism, it is not enough to deliver light armored vehicles and surface-to-air missiles: a preventive presence of ground troops is necessary, if only symbolically; By the time the abuser has committed the act, it is too late to intervene (1). A strategic stalemate.

2. What is France already doing to help Ukraine militarily?

Beyond the quarrels between experts over the quantification of arms and ammunition deliveries and the other dimensions of bilateral military cooperation for the benefit of the Ukrainian Armed Forces (AFU), particularly in terms of targeting and intelligence, France is financially committed under the European Peace Facility (EPF). This is an intergovernmental mechanism created in 2021 to help certain African states and which the Europeans found very appropriate in February 2022 to finance the first deliveries to the AFU, in particular of ex-Soviet equipment still in the possession of the former Warsaw Pact member countries.

The idea was simple, some (Poland, Slovakia, Czechia in the lead) delivered their old tanks, others (Germany, France, Italy) reimbursed them at the price of new (2): in the emotion of the first months, everyone was happy, especially since no one paid anything at first. But when it finally came time to pay for it, the main contributors mentioned above understood that it was necessary to put an end to this mechanism and return to more legible bilateral aid. The fact remains that France is committed to the tune of more than two billion euros to the EPF, in particular to finance (despite the French veto) weapons not produced on its soil or in Europe, and that no one yet knows who will pay: the General Staff fears that the bill will be charged to the budget of the armed forces. A financial impasse.

3. What is the purpose of the Franco-Ukrainian agreement of 16 February 2024?

It is in this context that the Franco-Ukrainian agreement signed in Paris on 16 February 2024 between Presidents Macron and Zelensky comes into play. This treaty of alliance, which must be called by its name, is a real innovation insofar as, by this agreement, France is legally obliged to engage militarily for the first time with Ukraine. Politically, this agreement means that France now favours direct bilateral engagement over intergovernmental instruments such as the EFF. It was imperative to opt for a bilateral solution given the blockages and negligence in Europe to adapt the VET, the Germans no longer wanting to pay so much and the French wanting to restrict the VET for equipment produced in Europe.

The idea is above all to gain better political and media visibility. Paragraph 7 recalls that "France has provided Ukraine with military aid worth a total of €1.7 billion in 2022 and €2.1 billion in 2023" as part of the "bilateral fund for security and defence assistance to Ukraine, in good coordination with the European Peace Facility". From now on, "in 2024, France will provide up to €3 billion in additional support". At least, that is the commitment of the signatory, who has all the legitimacy and competence to do so.

However, whatever its name, there is no doubt that this Franco-Ukrainian alliance treaty, in that it stipulates military aid of €3 billion in 2024, is one of the treaties or agreements "which commit the finances of the State" within the meaning of Article 53 of the Constitution. However, they "can only be ratified or approved by virtue of a law" and "they do not take effect until they have been ratified or approved". Therefore, the agreement is legally unenforceable until Parliament has given its opinion.

Why is the parliamentary debate on 12-13 March not based on Article 53, rather than Article 50-1? Mystery. However, it is indeed a law that is required by the Constitution in order to authorize the ratification of the treaty by the same President of the Republic. Admittedly, a law without amendment, but adopted in the manner provided for by the Constitution. It should be remembered that historically, Parliament has refused such authorisation only once: in 1954 with regard to the European Defence Community. Any decree publishing the treaty or authorizing ratification would be subject to censure by the administrative judge, not on the merits, but in the absence of legislative authorization. Ignoring it is unimaginable. A legal impasse. This leads us to think that this agreement is nothing more than a form of communication.

4. Should ground troops be sent?

Far be it from us to "shoot the ambulance" or to try to interpret the president's words in a rational or psychological way: let's take her at her word because "these are serious enough subjects. Every word I utter on this subject is weighed, thought out and measured." It is understood that these are combat troops intended to repel Russian forces, and not just bomb disposal advisers or trainers.

What would this mean in concrete terms? Assuming that there are intervention plans (which cannot be excluded since it is the role of a general staff to produce plans, including for the most unlikely missions), who can seriously believe that France (even supported by contingents from Canada, Estonia, Lithuania, the Netherlands or the Czech Republic, which have announced their support for an intervention) can reverse the balance of power? Have we measured the consequences of such an entry into war?

It should be noted that, to date, this cannot be an intervention in the context of collective self-defence recognised by Article 51 of the Charter of the United Nations (as in 2013 in Mali and in 2015 in Iraq), since Ukraine has not officially requested combat "ground troops" from allied or friendly states.

Incidentally, it should be remembered that the Constitution (again!) stipulates (Article 35) that "the declaration of war shall be authorized by Parliament". However, it is indeed a declaration of war against Russia that is at issue (and not a simple external operation) in order to come to the aid of an ally under attack, as in 1939 on the side of the Poles. With the same result. And the same consequences. Except that in 1939, it was the entire Polish nation that called for help. Today, in a Ukraine where the public authorities do not want to mobilize more for fear of fuelling emigration, there is reason to doubt this. Obviously, the Crimea-Donbass of 2024 is not the Alsace-Lorraine of 1914. In its great wisdom, the 1958 Constitution gave the Head of State, Chief of the Armed Forces, many powers, which have been further increased by practice for 65 years; but he denied him the power of life and death over the Nation. Democratically, it belongs to Parliament, the representative of the sovereign people.

Let us now suppose that fighting "ground troops" are sent without a declaration of war. Let us also assume that the questions relating to the operational command (OPCOM) between the French forces and the AFU are settled (3). Two hypotheses: either they are engaged in the fire, or they are not. In the first case, it is not only obvious that Article 5 of the North Atlantic Treaty would not apply to France, but it is also possible that France will be ostracized from NATO under Article 8 of the same Washington Treaty which stipulates "the obligation not to enter into any international commitment in contradiction with the Treaty".

In the second case, enemy forces avoid combat in the area where French units are deployed to prevent any risk of escalation between nuclear powers. After four months of the "phoney war", as provided for in the Constitution, the French Parliament was (finally) consulted on this intervention and blew the whistle for the end of the recess. Or not.

Another hypothesis, which is actually very theoretical, is to send ground troops in Ukrainian uniforms. But French law prohibits mercenaries.

Assuming, therefore, that the option of intervention "on the ground" has been seriously discussed between the allies, it is in reality an operational stalemate. Or is the idea of French "ground troops" to mean that their neutralization by Russian forces would immediately trigger a nuclear response? In this case, it must be made clear, because it is really the only way to prevent Russia from achieving its operational objectives. But the "grammar of deterrence" dictates that two nuclear powers should never be placed in a situation of direct confrontation. Again, this is unambiguous. No one needs a leader of the armed forces playing "Dr. Strangelove."

Military history tends to show that the only conventional solution to defeat Russia in this war would be to open a second front, as was done in the Baltic (Bomarsund) during the Crimean War of 1854. Who seriously believes it? France of the Second Empire lost tens of thousands of deaths in the Crimea. What remains of it, apart from the Boulevard de Sébastopol and the communes of Malakoff and Kremlin-Bicêtre? Conversely, coincidence or not, Ukraine began to doubt victory from the moment a second front was opened in Gaza on October 7, diverting attention and military aid from the Americans, the only ones militarily capable of reversing the balance of forces.

---------------------------------------------------------------

This article is published in memory of our journalist friend and member of the Mars group, Jean-Michel Quatrepoint, who passed away at the beginning of the year.

----------------------------------------------------------------

1 Cf. https://www.latribune.fr/opinions/artsakh-acte-final-d-une-tragedie-annoncee-978448.html

2 Cf. https://www.latribune.fr/opinions/comment-les-francais-financent-l-effort-de-guerre-polonais-et-l-industrie-de-defense-extra-europeenne-940513.html

3 Let us recall Foch's words: "Since I know what a coalition is, I admire Napoleon much less!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------

* The Mars group, made up of about thirty French personalities from different backgrounds, from the public and private sectors and the academic world, is mobilized to produce analyses relating to the issues concerning the strategic interests relating to the defense and security industry and the technological and industrial choices that are the basis of France's sovereignty.
The Mars Think Tank*

https://www.latribune.fr/opinions/les-huit-points-cle-cles-de-l-assistance-militaire-de-la-france-a-l-ukraine-1-2-992609.html

Link Posted: 3/11/2024 4:41:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#49]
🔥 Storm, enemy mines and planes - how did they turn the Taurid tower?

❗️ ICTV released an exclusive material about the unknown episodes of the "Boika Towers" operation.

???????? ??????. ?????? ???????? ?????? ???????? ???????????? ???. ???????? ????????? ????? ?????.

🫡 Our actions in the Black Sea are preparations for a serious operation in Crimea, - Kyrylo Budanov

📌 On March 10, 2024, the premiere of the documentary "War for the Sea: From the Dnipro to the Crimea" took place on the air of the national telethon.

“????? ?? ????: ??? ?????? ?? ?????”

Link Posted: 3/11/2024 5:01:36 AM EDT
[#50]
Warehouse fire in the village of Rodniki, Ramensky District.
The roof collapsed during the fire.

https://t.me/ostorozhno_moskva/12548

A large fire at a warehouse in the Moscow region was localized

MOSCOW, March 11 - RIA Novosti. A fire at a warehouse with building materials in the village of Rodniki near Moscow was localized on 970 square meters, according to the Telegram channel Ministry of Emergency Situations of Russia.

The fire started in the Ramensky urban district, quickly covering 700 square meters, then the roof collapsed from the fire. Fuel caught fire inside the warehouse. Later, the fire spread to a nearby building.

"Firefighters of the Ministry of Emergency Situations of Russia localized the fire in Suburbs. The area was 970 square meters," the report says.

https://ria.ru/20240311/pozhar-1932257566.html

Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 5477 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top