Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 682 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/2/2022 12:06:06 PM EDT
[#1]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/phildstewart/status/1499037489985736710?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1499037489985736710%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.redditmedia.com%2Fmediaembed%2Fliveupdate%2F18hnzysb1elcs%2FLiveUpdate_5f828970-9a3c-11ec-9d09-de8da8fd83fe%2F0[/tweet]

How do ya'll feel about these exchanges remaining non-compliant with sanctions vs. Russia? If you're a believer, don't you feel worried that at some point the US government will drop the hammer on cyrpto? "Only drug dealers and terrorists use it."
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 12:06:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By martin248:

Of course, but this is at some level a technical thread.

What is the reason Russia hasn't used its air power? In theory it should have flown an overwhelming number of SU's over Ukraine after the initial cruise missile strike against airfields and AA, like every other invasion in recent times.

But that didn't happen. They flew only limited sorties. That left the skies contested, and it's the reason those drones are still flying as well.

They have suffered huge losses as a result and STILL no wave of SU's. They are all sitting in the ground in Russia.

Why?
View Quote
My guess is they're afraid they can't be replaced given chip shortages and the potential sanctions (which happened). Maybe they've lost more than they're comfortable with already.  

Maybe keep them back in case of a wider conflict.

Just my WAG.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 12:06:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By AeroEngineer:
Is it just me, but does every Chechen soldier in the recent videos give the impression of being a massive douchebag?
View Quote

It's the weird blend of gopnik sub-culture with islamic fundamentalism....

Link Posted: 3/2/2022 12:06:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By M-1975:
View Quote

She’ll them now!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 12:07:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Action45] [#5]
Originally Posted By Jozsi:

They are getting the Turkish F35's.

end of story.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jozsi:
Originally Posted By AeroEngineer:
Originally Posted By 74HC:
Originally Posted By Action45:

Cannot confirm, but being reported. Fingers crossed
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/108967/73BD88D8-C814-4333-975F-6BD2338D8C72_jpe-2298591.JPG

I thought that Poland refusal at first was hardball negotiation.  I'm sure they wanted someone to replace those donated MIGs with updated fighters.  If this is true, then somebody did because there would be no way a country who's next on Putin's WARSAW appetite would give up fighters.

It's either Germany, UK, or USA that behind it doing the updating for Poland.  I suspect it's the USA because Poland wants F-35s more than ever.  So does everyone else. Putin's invasion is probably the best salesman for Lockheed Martin.  Would love to see their book to bill ratio are like in these next couple of weeks.

I'm certain there is backchannel negotiations going on along the lines of "if you "loan" Ukraine some Migs we'll make sure you get some F-35s very soon".

I think all of a sudden lots of NATO countries will be upgrading and expanding their military capabilities.

They are getting the Turkish F35's.

end of story.

Ukraine or Poland? Lol
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 12:07:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Easterner:

No but I do have a lot of nails and screws from my last craft project. Ukraine doesn't exactly have everything you need in one place. I've been getting very creative lately.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By safe1:

Got any hot glue and decorative steel beads?

No but I do have a lot of nails and screws from my last craft project. Ukraine doesn't exactly have everything you need in one place. I've been getting very creative lately.

What is the Raid for?
Asking for a friend...
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 12:07:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By 2tired2run:

I've been wondering why we haven't seen Anti ship missiles looks like they finally got an opportunity to use them
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 2tired2run:
Originally Posted By Tech-Com:

I've been wondering why we haven't seen Anti ship missiles looks like they finally got an opportunity to use them

I imagine they were waiting to close the trap before unleashing the Tye D Bol man in the Black Sea:

Turkey Closes Bosphorus, Dardanelles Straits to Warships
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 12:07:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By planemaker:

Too many ways to either eat a warhead or get shot down.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Spade:

I think they thought it would be over too fast for reactions and that the world wouldn't care.

I mean, czechslovakia, Hungary, etc

Truly ponderous that they have made next to no use of their air force, which has allowed UKR to continue to fly those drones that wiped out several columns.

Russia has a huge air force but it's mostly just sitting on the ground. Why they haven't used it is unclear.

Sure, if you fly one. What you would expect is a wave. The cruise missiles took out a lot of radar. Then fly a huge wave and destroy anything that fires AA.

Some planes would be lost, but fairly quickly there would be nothing shooting back.

But that never happened and I don't understand why not.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 12:08:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:

You can’t do that. It’s a straw purchase.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mal_means_bad:

Maybe the others will "sell" them to Poland for 1 euro to "replace" the MiG's they gave away, who will then turn around and publicly give them to Ukraine directly, because they don't give a fuck.  "We had no idea that would happen, like, we're super surprised"

Ukraine already owned them. They were just over there for a tire rotation and an oil change!

“Please roll these across the border before you take off.”
“Okay, thanks for stopping the traffic!”

Link Posted: 3/2/2022 12:08:24 PM EDT
[#10]
If Putin is as paranoid as many are suggesting it would make sense that he is not committing valuable air assets and top tier ground units to this fight.

Or maybe they are as much of a shitshow as it appears and their military is a paper bear.  We'll know soon enough.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 12:08:31 PM EDT
[#11]

What is the reason Russia hasn't used its air power? In theory it should have flown an overwhelming number of SU's over Ukraine after the initial cruise missile strike against airfields and AA, like every other invasion in recent times.

But that didn't happen. They flew only limited sorties. That left the skies contested, and it's the reason those drones are still flying as well.

They have suffered huge losses as a result and STILL no wave of SU's. They are all sitting on the ground in Russia.

Why?
View Quote

You seem CONCERNED....
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 12:08:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By MBUZICHOMA:

I read into the entire story on this.  It said the Ukranian pilots were going to be there for at least 2 weeks training. The Polish upgraded the electronics on them and need to teach the pilots the new systems.

I don't know, but personally I doubt they will go back to Ukraine. Flying into Ukraine from a Nato country would be seen as an act of war against Russia. I might be wrong though
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BigB32:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/108967/73BD88D8-C814-4333-975F-6BD2338D8C72_jpe-2298591.JPG

Why would they say this? Doesn't make sense

I read into the entire story on this.  It said the Ukranian pilots were going to be there for at least 2 weeks training. The Polish upgraded the electronics on them and need to teach the pilots the new systems.

I don't know, but personally I doubt they will go back to Ukraine. Flying into Ukraine from a Nato country would be seen as an act of war against Russia. I might be wrong though

If they are Ukrainian aircraft, it wouldn't matter if they were flying in from Poland or some non-NATO country, it's their aircraft at that point. Besides, we're already giving Ukraine shitloads of weaponry and equipment.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 12:08:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Greyswandir:
any news on CossackGundi?
View Quote

Nothing from whomever is now running his social media in 4-5 hours.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 12:09:57 PM EDT
[#14]
On a side note I've taken up arts and crafts with my free time.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/received_509363870893626_jpeg-2298598.JPG
View Quote
Are you still in Dnipro?
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 12:10:10 PM EDT
[#15]

They have suffered huge losses as a result and STILL no wave of SU's. They are all sitting on the ground in Russia.

Why?
View Quote

Saving them for Nato forces. Maybe they have a deal with China and they are hoping to get Nato countries entangled in Europe. China launches attack on Taiwan.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 12:10:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 12:10:38 PM EDT
[#17]

Why?
View Quote
Current speculation:

• NATO air assets (AWACS, F-35's, UAV's) have been coordinating the Ukraine air defense and inflicting punishing losses on the Russians
  • The Russians failed to suppress enough of the Ukrainian AAA defenses
  • The Russian air force can't get off the ground for other reasons (maintenance/readiness, logistics etcetera)

Link Posted: 3/2/2022 12:10:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NoMoAMMO] [#18]
Originally Posted By kncook:

She’ll them now!!!!!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kncook:

She’ll them now!!!!!

I don't think Ukraine can force them all to be "She", that's Mileys specialty.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 12:11:06 PM EDT
[#19]

Why?
View Quote

You seem CONCERNED....
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 12:11:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By BLKVooDoo:

Nothing from whomever is now running his social media in 4-5 hours.
View Quote

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 12:11:18 PM EDT
[#21]

WTF?! did Hesse start making rifles for the Ruskies?
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 12:11:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By prill64:

Several EU countries came out said they'd provide Jets to Ukraine, older soviet stock they likely are retiring.

Then they publicly backed out.   One country even said "why would I do that it's crazy".

But if I remember correctly from the original reports, the EU said they would purchase jets and donate them to Ukraine.

This looks like the individual countries might not want to be seen as giving directly to Ukraine, and may be preparing to say "I sold them to the EU, not Ukraine", assuming the jets are being transferred.

At the same time, Ukraine wants it known (whether true or not) they they're getting more planes.

If there's an under the table deal to get them planes, there has to be a plausible explanation for how they got them.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By prill64:

Several EU countries came out said they'd provide Jets to Ukraine, older soviet stock they likely are retiring.

Then they publicly backed out.   One country even said "why would I do that it's crazy".

But if I remember correctly from the original reports, the EU said they would purchase jets and donate them to Ukraine.

This looks like the individual countries might not want to be seen as giving directly to Ukraine, and may be preparing to say "I sold them to the EU, not Ukraine", assuming the jets are being transferred.

At the same time, Ukraine wants it known (whether true or not) they they're getting more planes.

If there's an under the table deal to get them planes, there has to be a plausible explanation for how they got them.

If Ukraine has formally agreed to "buy" them (wink, wink, nudge, nudge), then they would technically belong to Ukraine when they took delivery. They could then fly them wherever they wanted including into Ukraine.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 12:12:09 PM EDT
[#23]

If they are Ukrainian aircraft, it wouldn't matter if they were flying in from Poland or some non-NATO country, it's their aircraft at that point. Besides, we're already giving Ukraine shitloads of weaponry and equipment.
View All Quotes

I know it has be said to be given to Ukraine but is it really crossing the border at this time?  Go in by truck? It's not going in by aircraft.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 12:12:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Nutro:
@EEsmith

Do you have plates (Body armor)?
View Quote
I have them, don't think I have room though considering everything I'm taking is really dedicated to trauma gear.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 12:12:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By PurpleOtter:
Current speculation:

• NATO air assets (AWACS, F-35's, UAV's) have been coordinating the Ukraine air defense and inflicting punishing losses on the Russians
  • The Russian air force can't get off the ground for other reasons (maintenance/readiness, logistics etcetera)

View Quote

That’s huge news if true.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 12:12:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By bikedamon:
If Putin is as paranoid as many are suggesting it would make sense that he is not committing valuable air assets and top tier ground units to this fight.

Or maybe they are as much of a shitshow as it appears and their military is a paper bear.  We'll know soon enough.
View Quote

The full force of NATO and the US is monitoring everything that is going on, they may not want to commit anything because it will show their tactics and capabilities, they would rather let tanks and ground troops get eaten up.

Yes you are right, we will know in the next week or so.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 12:13:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 12:13:27 PM EDT
[#28]

Sure, if you fly one. What you would expect is a wave. The cruise missiles took out a lot of radar. Then fly a huge wave and destroy anything that fires AA.

Some planes would be lost, but fairly quickly there would be nothing shooting back.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Spade:

I think they thought it would be over too fast for reactions and that the world wouldn't care.

I mean, czechslovakia, Hungary, etc

Truly ponderous that they have made next to no use of their air force, which has allowed UKR to continue to fly those drones that wiped out several columns.

Russia has a huge air force but it's mostly just sitting on the ground. Why they haven't used it is unclear.

What's Russia's manufacturing ability with regard to cranking out more aircraft?  I have to imagine it's reduced, maybe that is a factor.  

Ground forces comprised of b-line conscripts from neighboring provinces and Ukrainian separatists are probably highly expendable.  Russian leadership gives zero shits about casualty numbers.  If they have to make it a meat grinder they will do so without blinking.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 12:13:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Birddog1911:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/180161/Screenshot_20220302-051559_Twitter_jpg-2298469.JPG
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 12:14:25 PM EDT
[#30]

Why?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Intune69:

Not “ponderous,” Martin. It’s Fabulous!  Aren’t you thrilled and happy for the people of Ukraine to be fighting and maybe even winning against the giant asshole bear that is Russia?  EDIT

Why?

The rumor is that some of the Ukrainians are unvaccinated and don’t wear masks. That would be enough to keep most sensible people away, right?

God bless you and God bless the Ukrainian freedom fighters!

Link Posted: 3/2/2022 12:14:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 12:14:27 PM EDT
[#32]

View All Quotes

I mean, Ukraine is their country. Why would it be an act of war?
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 12:14:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: prill64] [#33]

View Quote

The Ukrainian Jet that flew into Romania was returned unarmed because Romania didn't want to be seen as sending armed jets into Ukraine.

Whether it should be a concern or not, the NATO countries are taking the stance that an armed fighter entering Ukraine from a NATO country would be provacative.

They are sending munitions in, but those are going in through separate channels.  The Ukrainian fighter that they sent back is having it's missiles sent back separately.

Logic doesn't come into play in politics.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 12:15:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Dipshit Russian Generals bought "wow weapons" instead of what's actually practical.

They really think they can compensate with inaccurate firepower.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SheltiePimp:
Originally Posted By maddmatt:

That was my theory. They were originally going to use Ukraine as a jumping point for some smaller NATO countries and figured on a bigger fight. Since they knew everything would be watched closely, they didn't want to let folks start working on countermeasures until the last moment. Now? I don't have an idea on what the fuck they are doing.

Me too, they are advancing, but taking such heavy losses is not going to last forever. Might be the USA's tactic to bleed Russia dry to discourage taking other nato states.

It's fucking insane what we are seeing, the Russian tactics are so stupid and their logistics are so fucked up I have a hard time thinking they accepted and planned for these losses. I don't believe they are that retarded, but maybe the soviet mindset of expendability is still there.
Dipshit Russian Generals bought "wow weapons" instead of what's actually practical.

They really think they can compensate with inaccurate firepower.
Reminds me a bit of Nazi Germany's "Wonder Weapons".

(Yes that is a helicopter/plane hybrid)

What's better? Sticking with tried and true designs that work, or blowing a shitton of money on bizarre designs that never make it past the prototype stages, or are unreliable, very difficult to repair, etc. (I believe at a certain point, the Nazi scientists were doing a dick measuring contest to see who could get the most outlandish stuff approved because they knew the war was lost.)

I'm surprised though that the Russian vehicles are getting abandoned so often. I thought Russian equipment was supposed to be reliable and could take serious abuse before breaking down.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 12:16:06 PM EDT
[#35]

Why?
View Quote

Someone touched on this last week. I heard Russian pilots don't get many actual flight training hours, probably because the Russian gov can't afford to pay for the fuel, aircraft maintenance or pilot salaries.  Then you have to consider all the air defence weapons that have been sent in to Ukraine; Russia can't afford to lose planes.

Wasn't it Longshanks who said arrows cost money but the dead cost nothing?
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 12:16:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By CS223:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FM2vHsCXwAcSCO9?format=jpg&name=medium

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/2/2022 12:17:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Українську націю не здолати
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 12:18:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Are we putting sanctions on Belarus too? If not why the hell not?  And isn't China directly interfering with the effectiveness of the sanctions? They need some too.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 12:18:23 PM EDT
[#39]

View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/2/2022 12:18:27 PM EDT
[#40]

Good journalist to follow.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 12:19:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By CS223:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FM2vHsCXwAcSCO9?format=jpg&name=medium

View Quote

No. It's just a Kovrov .50 rifle.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 12:19:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Lukashenko really looks a lot like hither.

It's creepy
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 12:19:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By SheltiePimp:

Good journalist to follow.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/2/2022 12:19:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:

Not sure, just answered the question I saw. If anyone lies and says they are going in as press but intended to go and fight there will be charges when they get back. ITAR is nothing to fuck with.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HappyCamel:
Originally Posted By BLKVooDoo:
Originally Posted By HappyCamel:
Originally Posted By Nutro:
@EEsmith

Do you have plates (Body armor)?
If he doesn't it's easy to order Chinese plates from AliExpress/Alibaba from the OEM and have them drop shipped overseas, skips ITAR

Are plates covered under ITAR?

Yes but there are exemptions for press, VIPs, etc.
I missed the post/thread where he said in what capacity he was going, press?

Not sure, just answered the question I saw. If anyone lies and says they are going in as press but intended to go and fight there will be charges when they get back. ITAR is nothing to fuck with.

My understanding is Vortex got optics to some euro volunteers assisting the Kurds against ISIS, and it seemed pretty public so I assume there was a legal channel. Retail in Euro possibly?
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 12:20:13 PM EDT
[#45]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mal_means_bad:

Maybe the others will "sell" them to Poland for 1 euro to "replace" the MiG's they gave away, who will then turn around and publicly give them to Ukraine directly, because they don't give a fuck.  "We had no idea that would happen, like, we're super surprised"

Eric Holder is probably in charge of that transaction then.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 12:20:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By PurpleOtter:
Current speculation:

View Quote

I think it's as simple as Russia can't extract resources from the population like the USSR could. Full blown Soviet Communism had millions of people that were effectively slaves. Modern Russia has a shit per capita GDP but they still have one instead of "all labor to the glory of the state".
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 12:21:23 PM EDT
[#47]
I've covered this for a week fulltime. 1,500 tweets. Probably have to return to a source of income now. Going to sleep to think on it. Hopefully things are quite tonight.

Link Posted: 3/2/2022 12:21:51 PM EDT
[#48]
LOL Holy shit, first tanks and now bombs.

"The gypsies communicated with the occupiers."

Link Posted: 3/2/2022 12:22:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Army activates pre-positioned stocks for first time in wake of Ukraine invasion

The 1st Armored Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division soldiers deploying to Germany in response to the activation of the NATO Response Force are being outfitted with thousands of vehicles and equipment pieces from Army Prepositioned Stocks-2 for the first time in the program’s history.
Army Prepositioned Stocks-2 are stock piles of equipment and gear waiting for rapidly mobilized units to tap into during international military crises. And for the first time in the 405th Army Field Support Brigade’s APS-2 program history, the unit was tasked with outfitting an entire brigade as soldiers from Fort Stewart, Georgia, deployed to Europe in the past few days.

Link Posted: 3/2/2022 12:22:10 PM EDT
[#50]
View Quote

Could use more fire.
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 682 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top