Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 687 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/2/2022 2:14:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SheltiePimp:

How is the general mood and morale?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By WildBill375:

Our ranks have also swollen with troops. Reserves are been being committed to the fight as we speak.

How is the general mood and morale?

Morale is high.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 2:14:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By ClayHollisterTT:

Jesus people are stupid. He has been dead for almost 150 years.
View Quote

Yup.  Unteachable.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 2:15:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RolandofGilead] [#3]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

Where do you find that info. I can't find anything except the russian propaganda.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stone-age:
Originally Posted By ad_nauseam:

110 ruble is a fiction, you can't buy it under 150

Where do you find that info. I can't find anything except the russian propaganda.

As of yesterday you could buy for around 100/1, today is more like 110/1. Still pretty amazing it's that good right now. No hard cash though, only electronic.

@stone-age
Tagged you since this moves so fast
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 2:16:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By PurpleOtter:

Right now the entire world is betting on the Russian military ignoring Putin's launch order.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/2/2022 2:16:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By mcantu:
It seems pretty clear that Russia is sending in it's 2nd and 3rd echelon troops as cannon fodder. The troops and vehicles they sent in in 2014 were better equipped and newer than what's been sent in so far
View Quote

This doesn't make any sense.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 2:16:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By rgkeller:
Moldova doesn't have fighters and only a few planes at all
View Quote

Hmmm, sounds like a job opportunity for those with a certain skill set.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 2:17:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By outofbattery:

Do you even understand how proud I am that the Ukrainians had the first batch to help blunt the blow?

I love my little land 🇪🇪
View Quote

Right on.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 2:18:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

That guy was spot on for the T-90.  The company had such bad press because of the T-72 they just rebranded it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Q83AIJCGaQ
View Quote

Lol, the Russian propaganda outlets were praising the T-90 a few years ago. They said it was an Abrams killer.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 2:18:19 PM EDT
[#9]

That's why I can't sleep.

The logical outcome of this event comes down to very few scenarios.

A) This is a planned and coordinated effort between Russia and the West, Ukraine is just being sacrificed in a pre-negotiated deal. - Highly Unlikely
B) Russia thought this would be fast and easy, and over in a few weeks. - Possible, but highly unlikely because they knew of the training of Ukrainian forces and the weapons transfers, they knew Ukrainian special forces and regular forces have planned and prepared for this invasion.
C) Russia is totally fucked up and their planning, logistics, and tactics, and these losses are just indicative of where they are as a military. - Possibly true, due to their fallback and leverage of nuclear deterrence, and they accept the losses as part of a long term strategy

The problem with all these scenarios, is if Russia starts losing, and they are embarrassed in the eyes of the world, and they are economically destroyed, how do they retaliate? How does Putin save face?

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bassgasm:

The simple answer is most likely this: They can't.

Even if your nation is an economic and industrial powerhouse with a bad ass military, dealing with the scenario the Ukrainians are bringing to the table would be very difficult and costly. A nation experiencing an economic collapse with a sketchy military and soldiers that don't have will to fight? Nope. That ain't gonna work.

That's why I can't sleep.

The logical outcome of this event comes down to very few scenarios.

A) This is a planned and coordinated effort between Russia and the West, Ukraine is just being sacrificed in a pre-negotiated deal. - Highly Unlikely
B) Russia thought this would be fast and easy, and over in a few weeks. - Possible, but highly unlikely because they knew of the training of Ukrainian forces and the weapons transfers, they knew Ukrainian special forces and regular forces have planned and prepared for this invasion.
C) Russia is totally fucked up and their planning, logistics, and tactics, and these losses are just indicative of where they are as a military. - Possibly true, due to their fallback and leverage of nuclear deterrence, and they accept the losses as part of a long term strategy

The problem with all these scenarios, is if Russia starts losing, and they are embarrassed in the eyes of the world, and they are economically destroyed, how do they retaliate? How does Putin save face?

There is another option.  Despite Gen Miley saying that Kyiv would fall within 72 hours, Russians knew this would be a long and brutal war and don't have any intention of stopping it. They don't care if it takes 10 years and costs 100,000 Russian lives. They are intent on retaking all of the former Russian states and are planning on at least a 5 year campaign. Probably unlikely as well, but possible.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 2:18:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:

You think an S-400 is connected to the internet?
View Quote

Most likely not anymore. The unit CC ran out of data on his mobile plan.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 2:19:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:

View All Quotes

Link Posted: 3/2/2022 2:19:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By WildBill375:

Morale is high.
View Quote

You may be losing ground, but you are winning on so many fronts.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 2:20:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By M-1975::
Translation from an earlier POW video:

Guy is doing a lot of these: https://twitter.com/mdmitri91/media

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FM2LZtdXsAEXXQC?format=png&name=smalln
View Quote
That is a tier 1 PR campaign. Bypassing the media, and telling clueless moms exactly what their military sons are up to.

No matter how the conflict shakes out, I don't see how Putin retains power. He is 100% discredited to everyone, including his own people.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 2:21:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Dracster:

It's Russia. Anything is possible at this point.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
Originally Posted By Action45:
Originally Posted By PurpleOtter:
Current speculation:

• NATO air assets (AWACS, F-35's, UAV's) have been coordinating the Ukraine air defense and inflicting punishing losses on the Russians
  • The Russians failed to suppress enough of the Ukrainian AAA defenses
  • The Russian air force can't get off the ground for other reasons (maintenance/readiness, logistics etcetera)

That's huge news if true.

Don't disagree at all with those. I'll add some that other folks are considering:

- What if Putin has other plans for them? (Another related action in an adjacent area like say Moldova and Romania and/or as a check on neighboring countries/NATO)

- What if someone jammed Russian air defense systems?

Sounds like a job for Anonymous

It's Russia. Anything is possible at this point.

I wonder how many times a day some jackass SNCO or dipshit 2LT plugs their Goddamn phone into a SIPR rack to charge it.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 2:21:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Russian soldier vs Ukrainian door

Link Posted: 3/2/2022 2:22:07 PM EDT
[#16]
There is no plan. I was one of the naysayers arguing that Russia was not going to invade. My argument was based on the simple fact, that Russia does not have the cash or the demographics to conduct war. This is exactly what we are seeing on display. This is a replay of Tsushima and Winter War combined into one humiliating defeat. Russia will soon cease to be a country, they already lost. This is weapons grade stupid.

Ukraine will absolutely be in the EU and NATO. Kyiv will over the next 50-100 years will become the center of the Slavic world. Glory to them.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 2:22:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 2:22:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hatari] [#18]

Group buy!?!?

Edit: beat dammit
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 2:23:35 PM EDT
[#19]

Do you even understand how proud I am that the Ukrainians had the first batch to help blunt the blow?

I love my little land 🇪🇪
View Quote

So do I!
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 2:24:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By writerdeluxe2006:

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/2/2022 2:24:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By planemaker:

For sure you could hear that one coming for miles.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By planemaker:
Originally Posted By CS223:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/470154/E251C98C-7CEA-487A-B823-649FBAC6FAB2_jpe-2298672.JPG

I couldn't believe it, I had to look it up, its a fucking pulse jet powered drone.

For sure you could hear that one coming for miles.

Basically a mini V1.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 2:25:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By SilverBearX:

There is another option.  Despite Gen Miley saying that Kyiv would fall within 72 hours, Russians knew this would be a long and brutal war and don't have any intention of stopping it. They don't care if it takes 10 years and costs 100,000 Russian lives. They are intent on retaking all of the former Russian states and are planning on at least a 5 year campaign. Probably unlikely as well, but possible.
View Quote

Ten more years of "DEFCON updates."  

I'm in.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 2:26:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By M-1975:
Another kid POW:

Translator: https://twitter.com/mdmitri91/status/1498949550698078211

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FM1WnbsWYAEz_z2?format=png&name=large

View Quote
Propaganda is propaganda but assuming the UKR truly are humanitarian in their treatment of captures & surrenders, it will pay them back exponentially. Not necessarily now, but well in the future. It takes only a little bit of food and kindness to win the heart of an abused animal but when you do, that animal will never leave your side. Can't say if that's true for all peoples of this planet but for many it is.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 2:26:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: elcope] [#24]
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 2:26:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Walleyeguy24:

How many of those are likely air worthy? How many capable pilots do they have? How many maintenance people do they have? I'm pretty sure their logistics are fucked everywhere.  I do agree to some extent that it is suprising we haven't seen more of their air assets in battle, but they also can't afford to use many of them either. In my eyes, they are built and trained to defend Russia from their home bases. They cannot project outside of their own areas with any type of efficiency. Based on what we are seeing with all of their other equipment, they can't keep all those assets flying at once. Limited maintenance, parts, missiles/bombs, fuel, air crews, storage, etc. They just can't do it in any real numbers without abandoning their current posts.
View Quote

Martin is deluded into thinking the russians have a military that is an equal to ours. Their economy was about the same size as TX, and expects them to have a military equal to ours. He needs to understand that without nukes, they would just be a drunken pissant of a country with undeveloped potential because everyone is miserable there.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 2:27:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FreefallRet] [#26]

@freefalle7
View Quote
In 2014 my platoon lost two of four MRAPs.

Nobody was killed just a few concussions and one gunner burned.

My truck was one of those, And my gunner got a few pretty bad burns. He spent two weeks in KAF  and the other soldier and I spent a week at the FOB Med center.

Other truck just had concussions and was out of action for a week.

MRAPs are tough and survivable , but easy to stop, keep in mind these trucks hit IEDs/VBIEDs vs javelins or NLAWs.

A javelin or Nlaw would have fucked us up, like closed casket funeral fucked up.

Link Posted: 3/2/2022 2:27:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Hell at this point I wouldn't be surprised to see a "Russian break away region" join Ukraine
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 2:28:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: writerdeluxe2006] [#28]
Cossackgundi is in trouble

Link Posted: 3/2/2022 2:28:15 PM EDT
[#29]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BLKVooDoo:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FM2QkySWYAIqdWc?format=jpg&name=large

That is hilarious and basically a perfect picture of what Russia sent to Ukraine.  He probably wasted 25 percent of his allotted ammo on that failed mission as well.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 2:28:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Maine_11B_to_Nurse:

It appears not to matter much, it just needs to defeat the fuel and food trucks, the rest takes care of itself.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Maine_11B_to_Nurse:
Originally Posted By kncook:
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:
Originally Posted By Tech-Com:

Great updates.

I know the M72 LAW is insufficient on MBTs but 2.7k of them from one country would really beat up the BMPs, trucks, and Tigr-M stuff.

Would a M72 LAW defeat an MRAP type vehicle?

It appears not to matter much, it just needs to defeat the fuel and food trucks, the rest takes care of itself.

There are loads of things you don’t want or need to waste an NLAW on.
 A LAW kills all those Tigrs,MTLBs,Kamazes…
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 2:29:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By mcantu:
It seems pretty clear that Russia is sending in it's 2nd and 3rd echelon troops as cannon fodder. The troops and vehicles they sent in in 2014 were better equipped and newer than what's been sent in so far
View Quote
70-80% of their troops are engaged..lol. Anything else is reserves for if/when theres major breakthroughs.  Where do you even get this bullshit anymore?

Link Posted: 3/2/2022 2:30:21 PM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

LOL.

Eric Near the DNC | The Eric Andre Show | Adult Swim

Link Posted: 3/2/2022 2:32:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By SilverBearX:

View Quote

This is a serious option.

These questions need to be answered to make sense of it.

1: Why hasn't Russia cut off internet and mobile access?
2: Why hasn't Russia targeted electrical, telecommunications, transportation, and naval logistics targets?
3: Can Russia provide political, legal, and policing forces for all territories of Ukraine?
4: Does Russia have the manpower to police Ukraine?
5: Would it be beneficial for Russia to leave an internal Police and Military force intact to govern Ukraine, as they have in Chechnya?

The next 7 days will reveal what's really at play.

Link Posted: 3/2/2022 2:33:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By bikedamon:

That captured Russian gulping down tea and food like he's starving while Ukrainians basically comfort him and he weeps is a powerful scene.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bikedamon:

That captured Russian gulping down tea and food like he's starving while Ukrainians basically comfort him and he weeps is a powerful scene.

Yeah it is.
And the second video down definitely has a Bo and Luke Duke feeling to it!
HeeeeeeeeeeeeHawwwwwwww!
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 2:33:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By maddmatt:
Hell at this point I wouldn't be surprised to see a "Russian break away region" join Ukraine
View Quote

I'm saying the US should make a claim on Siberia since Native Americans closest relatives are native Siberians and indigenous peoples of the Russian occupied Far East. Our history must not be denied!
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 2:34:48 PM EDT
[#36]

Yes and no. It certainly has changed. But, the Russian command, control, intelligence, and COMMUNICATIONS seem to he as big of a driving factor as anything.  These guys are out of fuel from the start, nobody knows where anyone else is and what to do. That is just as important. I doubt the IS or another well trained western ally would fair anywhere close to this poorly.  But these drone strikes are absolutely a game changer, there is no doubt about it. If the US isn't working on small portable, disposable drones, we are not doing a good job or reading a modern battlefield.  We also have no idea what counter drone technology is out there. GPS jamming along with other counter measures could make them useless.
View Quote

US has tube launched AI drone swarms
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 2:35:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By gene_wi:
There is no plan. I was one of the naysayers arguing that Russia was not going to invade. My argument was based on the simple fact, that Russia does not have the cash or the demographics to conduct war. This is exactly what we are seeing on display. This is a replay of Tsushima and Winter War combined into one humiliating defeat. Russia will soon cease to be a country, they already lost. This is weapons grade stupid.

Ukraine will absolutely be in the EU and NATO. Kyiv will over the next 50-100 years will become the center of the Slavic world. Glory to them.
View Quote

The best part of this is that they have heroes and role models.

Russia has so badly damaged their image they may as well change their name and rebrand.

My next prediction is Chechnya goes kaput. Not only have the Kadyrovites been mauled,Putin won’t be able to afford to pay them off. On the other side the Chechen who fought with Ukraine will be winners and everybody loves a winner.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 2:35:18 PM EDT
[#38]

1: Why hasn't Russia cut off internet and mobile access? Appears there troops would be even more lost without google maps and cell phones to call back to HQ.
2: Why hasn't Russia targeted electrical, telecommunications, transportation, and naval logistics targets? They need it as well.
3: Can Russia provide political, legal, and policing forces for all territories of Ukraine? No
4: Does Russia have the manpower to police Ukraine? No
5: Would it be beneficial for Russia to leave an internal Police and Military force intact to govern Ukraine, as they have in Chechnya? No

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/2/2022 2:35:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By maddmatt:
View Quote
Given the history of the region and ethnic makeup, this is possible. Kuban would be first on the list.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 2:36:21 PM EDT
[#40]

View Quote
Is he trying to steal some hardbass?
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 2:37:01 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

Agree, but so do the Russians. It's a two-way street.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 2:37:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Cypher15:
Strategic update.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TLbLwCQ1ro
View Quote
I like their analysis
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 2:38:05 PM EDT
[#43]

1: Why hasn't Russia cut off internet and mobile access?
2: Why hasn't Russia targeted electrical, telecommunications, transportation, and naval logistics targets?
3: Can Russia provide political, legal, and policing forces for all territories of Ukraine?
4: Does Russia have the manpower to police Ukraine?
5: Would it be beneficial for Russia to leave an internal Police and Military force intact to govern Ukraine, as they have in Chechnya?

View Quote

If they could they would.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 2:38:24 PM EDT
[#44]

Russia has so badly damaged their image they may as well change their name and rebrand.

My next prediction is Chechnya goes kaput. Not only have the Kadyrovites been mauled,Putin won't be able to afford to pay them off. On the other side the Chechen who fought with Ukraine will be winners and everybody loves a winner.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By gene_wi:

My next prediction is Chechnya goes kaput. Not only have the Kadyrovites been mauled,Putin won't be able to afford to pay them off. On the other side the Chechen who fought with Ukraine will be winners and everybody loves a winner.
I agree with you on Chechnya, the moment they stop getting paid, will be the moment they break away from Russia.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 2:38:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Jackal-FnM:

Group buy?
View Quote

Sorry my wife said I could have it for Christmas!
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 2:39:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:

Martin is deluded into thinking the russians have a military that is an equal to ours. Their economy was about the same size as TX, and expects them to have a military equal to ours. He needs to understand that without nukes, they would just be a drunken pissant of a country with undeveloped potential because everyone is miserable there.
View Quote

Well, a lot of people have thought “near peer” with regards to Russia meant something like that. Even myself, I figured the Russians would steamroll their way to the capital in 2 or 3 days, but pacification and victory was going to take far longer.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 2:39:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Confused Russian soldier told he fought in Ukraine under Russia’s threat of prison time
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 2:39:57 PM EDT
[#48]

Ukrainians are fighting for a free,independent Europe against tyranny. They are fighting on behalf of us.

History will remember those who stood by Ukraine’s side and curse those who tried to undermine her chance at freedom.  

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:
Originally Posted By Birddog1911:

I love my little land 🇪🇪

God Bless Estonia! I mean what balls. Hanging out there on the end of the NATO chain on the Russian border and they send their weapons which they need.

Ukrainians are fighting for a free,independent Europe against tyranny. They are fighting on behalf of us.

History will remember those who stood by Ukraine’s side and curse those who tried to undermine her chance at freedom.  

I sure as hell hope so.
Because y'all are paying a heavy price.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 2:39:58 PM EDT
[#49]

Hell yeah, now that's how you fund your military.

It would be awesome to be able to actually buy anything we wanted from that conflict, I'd have some badass new to me toys.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 2:41:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By m35ben:

Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 687 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top