BCM
User Panel

Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 2/17/2022 5:12:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Protolith:

My guess is that they send more as training to make sure the guys that have to receive and decode and act on the message are to do it efficiently.

They could also be go commands for various missions/exercises

Shit it may translate to "tonight's entree is Salisbury steak with cherry pie"
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Boedy:

They sure have been sending out a lot of these in the last few hours I have been listening.

My guess is that they send more as training to make sure the guys that have to receive and decode and act on the message are to do it efficiently.

There isn't enough information in the messages for it to say that. It looks like they are directives to perform some action regarding a mission plan the receivers already have. So the messages themselves don't need to contain much information.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 5:15:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BerettaGuy] [#2]
Ya now, I think I agree with Putin that "Russia" should have integrity of their historic borders. Let's all support him in being safe within this area:

Link Posted: 2/17/2022 5:15:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 5:15:59 PM EDT
[#4]

He is at it again. Every hour and on the half as well. Seems much more active today.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By t75fnaco3pwzhd:

Yeah, I've just been listening for < 30 minutes and I've heard 3 different ones so far

He is at it again. Every hour and on the half as well. Seems much more active today.

Every 15 minutes, at least.  Another one now.

They're just screwing with the Russians.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 5:18:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By whollyshite:

They're just screwing with the Russians. GD'ers
View All Quotes

Yeah, I've just been listening for < 30 minutes and I've heard 3 different ones so far

They're just screwing with the Russians. GD'ers

Link Posted: 2/17/2022 5:19:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Finslayer83:
View Quote

That's not good. Take out the electricity and sneak in when everything goes dark.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 5:21:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BerettaGuy] [#7]
View Quote

Escalation in Donbas once again demonstrates Russia ‘doesn’t need peace,’ says Donetsk governor

(NOTE: Not all of the Donbas region, including parts of Donetsk, are under "separatist" control, portions are still controlled by Ukraine.)
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 5:34:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FrankyRay] [#8]

Looks rather intense... if credible.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 5:40:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Finslayer83] [#9]

Link Posted: 2/17/2022 5:43:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Ukraine gave up their nuclear weapons for a promise, no  t very smart, were they?
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 5:43:59 PM EDT
[#11]
More on evacuations.

Link Posted: 2/17/2022 5:49:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By mnd6563:

Is he talking about the Hyper Speed weapons or the Ludicrous Speed ones?
View Quote

Plaid...
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 5:56:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 5:56:33 PM EDT
[#14]

There isn't enough information in the messages for it to say that. It looks like they are directives to perform some action regarding a mission plan the receivers already have. So the messages themselves don't need to contain much information.
View All Quotes

They sure have been sending out a lot of these in the last few hours I have been listening.

Totally pointless to listen to but yet I’ve been listening for a while. Weird..during transmission there is a particular background noise that sounds like air raid sirens and an occasional a10 gun run noise mixed with a massive fart
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 6:05:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -daddy] [#15]
Originally Posted By CTAC:

Totally pointless to listen to but yet I’ve been listening for a while. Weird..during transmission there is a particular background noise that sounds like air raid sirens and an occasional a10 gun run noise mixed with a massive fart
View All Quotes

Try some of the "Russian stations."

https://www.numbers-stations.com/articles/numbers-stations-listener-starter-guide/
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 6:11:55 PM EDT
[#16]

They're just screwing with the Russians.
View Quote

Skyking skyking do not respond!

EAM’s always have an uptick when shit gets wild. Should have heard it the night the missile came into iraq from Iran and they smoked that air liner coming out of Tehran. Its was like every 2-3 minutes coded messages and Skyking.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 6:19:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By stanprophet09:

Skyking skyking do not respond!

EAM’s always have an uptick when shit gets wild. Should have heard it the night the missile came into iraq from Iran and they smoked that air liner coming out of Tehran. Its was like every 2-3 minutes coded messages and Skyking.
View Quote

so does someone sit in a silo and listen for them and then get the safe open?

how does that work in theory.

@limaxray
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 6:25:12 PM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

The farting sound is Russian I believe, some sort of data burst transmission.

There is another sound I hear on 8992 sometimes that almost sounds like a bullfrog croaking. I always laugh at that one. No idea what the hell it really is.

Maybe someone here knows what causes the whine/hum we hear in the background during EAM broadcasts. It does sound like someone talking with a tornado siren in steady wail mode going off in the distance. It is probably something electronic causing it. I believe most of these messages we hear originate from the E-6B Mercury aircraft. With all of the gear those bad boys are packing, I would not be surprised if there was some electronic interference taking place. Or it is possible this is just a natural noise associated with broadcasting on this frequency. I've always been curious about that sound too though and would love to know the reason for it.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 6:26:44 PM EDT
[#19]

so does someone sit in a silo and listen for them and then get the safe open?

how does that work in theory.

@limaxray
View Quote

No air and ground assets around the globe listen. ELF would be for subs. Possibly silos but not sure. I have listened a bunch but not sure how it works. Training can cause a lot of chatter. There are tomes where there are upticks of chatter for no reason. Imagine that is done so its hard for the enemy to tell if operations are going on or not. Very spooky sounding when the EAM’s go out.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 6:29:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Charging_Handle:

The farting sound is Russian I believe, some sort of data burst transmission.

There is another sound I hear on 8992 sometimes that almost sounds like a bullfrog croaking. I always laugh at that one. No idea what the hell it really is.

Maybe someone here knows what causes the whine/hum we hear in the background during EAM broadcasts. It does sound like someone talking with a tornado siren in steady wail mode going off in the distance. It is probably something electronic causing it. I believe most of these messages we hear originate from the E-6B Mercury aircraft. With all of the gear those bad boys are packing, I would not be surprised if there was some electronic interference taking place. Or it is possible this is just a natural noise associated with broadcasting on this frequency. I've always been curious about that sound too though and would love to know the reason for it.
View Quote

Data bursts do happen. Keep in mind many times these are broadcast from multiple locations at very high power because of propagation shifts so the signals can be off timed and mixed and cause some weird sounds.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 6:36:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 6:41:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By FrankyRay:

Ah-ha! The plot thickens.

That's a pretty big mobile antenna (or something), anyone recognize it? I blew up those images and sharpened them a bit.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/546602/tabara-militara-suharau-botosani-17febru-2282752.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/546602/tabara-militara-suharau-botosani-17febru-2282753.JPG
View All Quotes

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FLzxrZXUcAg_Msq?format=jpg&name=small

This is supposedly Siret, Romania, where the UH-60 mysteriously landed yesterday and picked up 4 individuals from the field. I guess they were some sort of survey team.

That's a pretty big mobile antenna (or something), anyone recognize it? I blew up those images and sharpened them a bit.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/546602/tabara-militara-suharau-botosani-17febru-2282752.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/546602/tabara-militara-suharau-botosani-17febru-2282753.JPG

I'm digging the minivan.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 6:45:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 7:00:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 7:01:18 PM EDT
[#25]
View Quote

Limeys

Horrendous will be correct
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 7:02:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By VooDoo3dfx:

I'm digging the minivan.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By VooDoo3dfx:

I'm digging the minivan.

How about that nice looking family sized tent?
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 7:04:54 PM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

Been seeing a lot of this, too.

Link Posted: 2/17/2022 7:21:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CTAC] [#28]
View Quote

Just going to say…no time like the present. Wish he’d just get it over with.  I’m sure much if Ukraine is thinking the same thing.  Constant “what ifs” can be as bad as the “what is” sometimes.

Edit-  quoted wrong post
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 7:29:45 PM EDT
[#29]

Just going to say…no time like the present. Wish he’d just get it over with.  I’m sure much if Ukraine is thinking the same thing.  Constant “what ifs” can be as bad as the “what is” sometimes.

Edit-  quoted wrong post
View Quote

Given the likely toll of tens of thousands killed and tens of billions in damage and displaced lives vs possibly averting that, I bet most would rather not get invaded.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 7:30:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 7:33:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Just going to say…no time like the present. Wish he’d just get it over with.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/17/2022 7:38:30 PM EDT
[#32]

Edit-  quoted wrong post
View Quote

Drawn out waiting is psychologically taxing.

Monty Python and the Holy Grail - Knight Running
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 7:39:17 PM EDT
[#33]
another one just now:

ABORTIVE

B4NPGN
B4NPGN
B4NPGN
B4NPGNFJLJRQHILCTOT5H7MGLI3GQ4
B4NPGNFJLJRQHILCTOT5H7MGLI3GQ4

B4HURB
B4HURB
B4HURB
B4HURBFSYQLVWP3XFHAL3U3DXG2OJB
B4HURBFSYQLVWP3XFHAL3U3DXG2OJB

Why do they repeat the start of each message 3 times before reading the message?
View Quote

I would assume that it is the intended recipient.
Mike mike mike.  Hump day!!!
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 7:40:43 PM EDT
[#34]
The news was just saying that Russia has a list of targeted people that they want in Ukraine's government.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 7:45:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By HuntingForFun:
The news was just saying that Russia has a list of targeted people that they want in Ukraine's government.
View Quote

Putin's secret weapon that has NATO scared:

Russia: Steven Seagal receives Russian passport from Putin
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 7:46:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By HuntingForFun:
View Quote

I hope Ukraine finds everyone on that list, rounds them up and puts them in a big cell together until this is all over. And wire the place with a ton of explosives, ready to be detonated if Russia invades.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 7:47:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Trash_Panda:

You think gas masks work by physically filtering out chemical agents?
View Quote

Particulate filtration, gas and vapor adsorption.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 8:02:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By blueballs:

Given the likely toll of tens of thousands killed and tens of billions in damage and displaced lives vs possibly averting that, I bet most would rather not get invaded.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By blueballs:

Edit-  quoted wrong post

Not exactly what I meant and don’t disagree.  But living looking over your shoulder everyday isn’t any way to live.  If it’s going to happen…get it over with.  They are no more ready today than they will be in a year from now.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 8:17:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 8:21:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Wonder if the reports of cell service down are from the shelling or EW?

Its 2:30am there right now.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 8:23:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By flyboyaviator:
Ukraine gave up their nuclear weapons for a promise, no  t very smart, were they?
View Quote

Particularly since it was little more than a promise to send a strongly worded letter.

Link Posted: 2/17/2022 8:25:14 PM EDT
[#42]
The more I think about this, the more I realize that Russia can't militarily conquer Ukraine. They could certainly invade and take the entire country most likely. But they would never be able to hold it. A nationwide insurgency that lasted for years would bleed Russia dry, both in lives and money. And you know the west would make sure they had a constant flow of weapons and support. The other option would be to overrun the country, install a pro-Russian government, then leave. But that would not work either. As soon as Russia left the Ukrainians would throw out such a puppet government faster and much more violently than they did in 2014. The majority of Ukraine's citizenry is now an organized militia. Over 50% of residents in a recent poll stated they would actively take up arms against Russia if they invaded. Russia may have a big army, but not anywhere big enough to control a country the size of Texas with with over 22 million of its citizens ready to fight.

I'm really not sure what Putin's end game is here. The guy isn't regarded as a fruitcake. He is supposedly a rational player. He has to be able to look at this picture and reach the same conclusions everybody else is. So what is he trying to accomplish? Does he hope these tactics will scare someone in the west so badly that they block Ukraine from a NATO membership? Does he think the weak Biden admin will cave and offer him some major concession for basically free? The thought would have to occur to him after watching how Obama/Biden has dealt with Iran and the signing of that shitty nuclear deal that Trump threw in the trash. It just seems like he is trying to scare someone into giving him something. But I'm just not sure he is really prepared for or in any realistic position to take what we wants by force.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 8:25:36 PM EDT
[#43]
View Quote

They are literally OTM every single day.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 8:27:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
Wonder if the reports of cell service down are from the shelling or EW?

Its 2:30am there right now.
View Quote

Not the shelling. Service is back up. EW is certainly a possibility as is cyber, since Vodafone was hacked earlier this week.

Shelling has slowed for the time being.

This was an hour or two ago near Luhansk.

Earlier in the night

Link Posted: 2/17/2022 8:29:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 8:31:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By 58Teague:

Not the shelling. Service is back up. EW is certainly a possibility as is cyber, since Vodafone was hacked earlier this week.

Shelling has slowed for the time being.

This was an hour or two ago near Luhansk.

Earlier in the night

View Quote
Thank you sir
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 8:32:00 PM EDT
[#47]
View Quote

Why? It's not like Russia is going to attack a NATO country.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 8:36:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By voodochild:

Why? It's not like Russia is going to attack a NATO country.
View Quote

Why are you questioning your CinC?
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 8:37:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Charging_Handle] [#49]
View Quote

Now we're fucking talking! About damn time we sent something into theater that has the capability for a dominating presence. Sending 6 F-16's to Romania and 6 worn out F-15's that were preparing to be handed over to the ANG to Estonia or Poland wasn't very reassuring. The F-35 OTOH, is a game changer. Even a few of those being present completely changes the dynamic. It wouldn't hurt my feelings any if we sent over some Raptors as well, along with more armor and self propelled artillery. A few more conventional capable B-52s or B-1Bs going to RAF Fairford to join the 4 already there and a good supply of JASSMs would also seem a prudent move. Bring in some stuff that can seriously fuck shit up if needed. That is how you deter an adversary.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 8:42:31 PM EDT
[#50]

Just going to sayno time like the present. Wish he'd just get it over with.  I'm sure much if Ukraine is thinking the same thing.  Constant "what ifs" can be as bad as the "what is" sometimes.

Edit-  quoted wrong post
View All Quotes

Just going to sayno time like the present. Wish he'd just get it over with.  I'm sure much if Ukraine is thinking the same thing.  Constant "what ifs" can be as bad as the "what is" sometimes.

Edit-  quoted wrong post

The longer people feel that way, the longer the uncertainty and anticipation, the more likely they'll be willing to make concessions.

Page / 5591
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top