User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 2/18/2022 12:54:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By walkinginadangerzone:

They evacuated the civilians of Donetsk just in time.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/18/2022 12:54:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By amanbearpig:

Enlighten me on how Tucker Carlson is supposedly some Russian mouthpiece?
View Quote

Extremely doubtful but many people here immediately paint over others with a wide brush.  Thus when a reasonable person points out that not wanting the US to get pulled into defending Ukraine is a position one can have without being a Russian stooge they pile on with calling you a idiot/ stooge/ fool etc.  We see this behavior all the time here on pretty much every issue.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 12:54:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By WildBill375:
I don't think anyone believes the narrative that Ukraine, after all this time and with Russians on the border in mass are going to start hostilities. Got to be braindead to believe that stretch.
View Quote

I don't think Ukraine is going to decide to attack Russia, but I could easily see some local commander with an itchy trigger finger and a grudge to settle start shelling. To be honest he wouldn't have anything to lose, if everyone believes Russia is going to attack, and no matter what happens any "attack" on the Russian side would be immediately deemed a "false flag". *shrug*

I don't really believe any thing either side says to be totally honest. I don't like Russia and don't trust them or Putin, but I don't have any particular reason to trust those giving the "Ukrainian side". No offense meant to you of course, BerettaGuy.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 12:54:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Lets see if this works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJGQ1PG-jSE

War Gonzo just got there in time to film the aftermath of the bombing.

https://i.imgur.com/fAb6drE.jpg

Vehicle belongs to Sinenkov, head of the NM of the DPR. Assassination attempt now. lol
View Quote

So the vehicle used by a party head is left unattended/observed, or the Ukrainians employed Sam Fisher or John Clark to slip undetected into and out of Russian separatist security forces to leave a bomb that didn't do what it was supposed to do?
CSB.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 12:56:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By FrankyRay:

Side note: Just gotta' say, you're the first person I've seen using that "pay-triotic" label and I find it amusing. And your list of "usual suspects," is interesting, though I'm not familiar with some of them.

I actually enjoy some of Paul Joseph Watson's sarcastic commentaries, they reflect a lot of my own opinions. But I find it difficult to take anyone who associates with Alex Jones seriously.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:

You are welcome. Unfortunately, many conservative and "pay-triotic" websites/talk show hosts are implying that Ukraine is some backward worthless country (Tucker Carlson, Zero Hedge, BeforeItsNews.com, GlobalResearch.ca, Hal Turner, Paul Joseph Watson, Power Hour radio show, etc.) as that is part of the disinformation campaign to deflect any investigation/critical thinking that Putin may be taking Ukraine for other purposes and that his fear of NATO is a smokescreen which it is.

Side note: Just gotta' say, you're the first person I've seen using that "pay-triotic" label and I find it amusing. And your list of "usual suspects," is interesting, though I'm not familiar with some of them.

I actually enjoy some of Paul Joseph Watson's sarcastic commentaries, they reflect a lot of my own opinions. But I find it difficult to take anyone who associates with Alex Jones seriously.

Pay-triotic fits many of them - think big box churches with pastors who makes tens of millions of dollars as an analogy.

Look up any Alex Jones/Info Wars reports on Ukraine from 2014 (or around 2008-9 on Georgia) and you will see 100% Putin praising and Ukrainian-condemning news reports.  Jones launched Watson and his current reports are the same, just like his other reports on Ukraine from years ago. There was information that Watson worked for RT News at one time but Jones uses RT News as gospel and worked very closely with them and some of their hosts, often interviewing them on his show and vice versa.

Sure, all of the sites I mentioned have information I agree with on the 2A, natural medicine, free speech, etc. but some of these sites are either duped into thinking that Putin is some freedom loving Christian who is defending them against the New World Order (which is bullshit since Putin is a globalist) OR they are paid shills. Most of those sites are donor supported and it's very easy to get money funneled to them from the Kremlin - just ask Paul Manafort...
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 12:57:23 PM EDT
[#6]

There's that phrase again...

Military-technical
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 12:59:30 PM EDT
[#7]
...are either duped into thinking that Putin is some freedom loving Christian who is defending them against the New World Order (which is bullshit since Putin is a globalist) OR they are paid shills.
View Quote

Those are the ONLY two options? Your world is extremely black and white isn't it?
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 12:59:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By PissedMick:

I don't watch Tucker because we don't pay for cable, but I'm going to make a guess that you're talking about Clint Ehrlich.  I'm not sure if he's on a payroll, or is just naive, but yeah, he's definitely a Russian apologist.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PissedMick:

He spouts Russian talking points about Ukraine, I didnt say he was a mouthpiece like some of those other sites are. His so-called Russian expert is an American who worked in and for the Russian government and he is a Russian apoligist.  I dug up all the info on him and it's on this thread within the last two weeks of you want proof.

I don't watch Tucker because we don't pay for cable, but I'm going to make a guess that you're talking about Clint Ehrlich.  I'm not sure if he's on a payroll, or is just naive, but yeah, he's definitely a Russian apologist.

Yes, if I go back to my old post I will repost it. He was on the Russian government payroll for years and that is declared and out in the open.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 1:00:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Finslayer83:

There's that phrase again...

Military-technical
View Quote

It may just be the closest translation to a word that doesn't have an exact english language counterpart.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 1:01:37 PM EDT
[#10]
I get nervous whenever I find myself in a room full of people who all agree with one another and have no counter points to bring up.  I'm all for unity, but that unity should come once we're committed not before.  It's important to hear both sides of the argument.  

Link Posted: 2/18/2022 1:04:24 PM EDT
[#11]

Link Posted: 2/18/2022 1:05:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By mooreshawnm:

Those are the ONLY two options? Your world is extremely black and white isn't it?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mooreshawnm:
...are either duped into thinking that Putin is some freedom loving Christian who is defending them against the New World Order (which is bullshit since Putin is a globalist) OR they are paid shills.

Give an article list count from the past week from each of those sites with the following:

-number of pro-Russian or Russian sources news articles

--number of pro-Ukrainian or Ukrainian sources news articles

-number of neutral or equally cited Russian and Ukrainian news sources articles

Link Posted: 2/18/2022 1:05:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By m24shooter:

So the vehicle used by a party head is left unattended/observed, or the Ukrainians employed Sam Fisher or John Clark to slip undetected into and out of Russian separatist security forces to leave a bomb that didn't do what it was supposed to do?
CSB.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By m24shooter:
Lets see if this works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJGQ1PG-jSE

War Gonzo just got there in time to film the aftermath of the bombing.

https://i.imgur.com/fAb6drE.jpg

Vehicle belongs to Sinenkov, head of the NM of the DPR. Assassination attempt now. lol

CSB.

It's all laughable, but apparently so. lol
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 1:06:11 PM EDT
[#14]
May the Javelins fly

I should buy a Ukraine flag for the porch.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 1:09:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Brandon said war with Russia is imminent.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 1:12:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By KaerMorhenResident:
Putin has already got his victory.

He's going to either get concessions out of NATO or invade and then conclusively demonstrate how weak NATO really is right now when it fails to pass any meaningful sanctions.

NATO is so weak that only in the last month has it started to get serious about sending ATGMs into Ukraine in number
View Quote

NATO, a defensive alliance, is weak because they don't defend a non-member?
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 1:13:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By GutWrench:
Brandon said war with Russia is imminent.
View Quote

For The Ukraine or The US?
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 1:13:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Citizens of Gorlovka being evacuated.

Link Posted: 2/18/2022 1:14:02 PM EDT
[#19]
May the Javelins fly

View Quote

What is the range on a Javelin?
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 1:15:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BerettaGuy] [#20]

View All Quotes

Well, be sure to catch the latest "news" on this from a Kremlin/RT News/Tass/Sputnik perspective on any of the following "pay-triotic" sources: Tucker Carlson, Zero Hedge, BeforeItsNews.com, GlobalResearch.ca, Hal Turner, Paul Joseph Watson, Power Hour radio show, WhatReallyHappened.com TruNews.com, InfoWars, etc.

As I said, I didn't say Tucker was a Russian mouthpiece like some of the other news sites are but Tucker's expert on Russia certainly is:

Here is the background on Tucker Carlson's Russia expert:

Clinton Ehrlich (born September 20, 1989) is a Visiting Researcher at the Moscow State Institute of International Relations, who is known for being one of the only Westerners in Russia's Ministry of Foreign Affairs.[1][2][3][4][5][6][7][9][10][11] According to Foreign Policy, Ehrlich is embedded at the highest level of Moscow's national-security brain trust.[12]

If you have any idea what that means you would realize that Mr. Ehrlich is at the highest level of being a Russian disinformation operative. If you read any of his works and know anything about Russian disinformation campaigns, you would realize that he negotiates on behalf of Russia through his political appearances and writings as an "expert on Russia."

And Tucker DOES agree with Jeffrey Ehrlich on Ukraine and this issue. And Carlson has made several derogatory remarks about Ukraine. Here is another photo of Ehrlich:

I love the attention to detail with the hammer and sickle...

https://twitter.com/ClintEhrlich
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 1:22:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By fox2008:

View All Quotes
May the Javelins fly

Around 2.5 km
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 1:22:43 PM EDT
[#22]

View All Quotes
May the Javelins fly

2500m
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 1:28:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Does the Polish airforce or usaf units there have slammers on hand?  Could make for quick work of those Iskander units..
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 1:28:46 PM EDT
[#24]

As I said, I didn't say Tucker was a Russian mouthpiece like some of the other news sites are but Tucker's expert on Russia certainly is:

Here is the background on Tucker Carlson's Russia expert:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/23/Clinton_Ehrlich_Sitting_MGIMO.jpg/300px-Clinton_Ehrlich_Sitting_MGIMO.jpg

Clinton Ehrlich (born September 20, 1989) is a Visiting Researcher at the Moscow State Institute of International Relations, who is known for being one of the only Westerners in Russia's Ministry of Foreign Affairs.[1][2][3][4][5][6][7][9][10][11] According to Foreign Policy, Ehrlich is embedded at the highest level of Moscow's national-security brain trust.[12]

https://i.ibb.co/dfvCqbf/20220129-151755.jpg

If you have any idea what that means you would realize that Mr. Ehrlich is at the highest level of being a Russian disinformation operative. If you read any of his works and know anything about Russian disinformation campaigns, you would realize that he negotiates on behalf of Russia through his political appearances and writings as an "expert on Russia."

And Tucker DOES agree with Jeffrey Ehrlich on Ukraine and this issue. And Carlson has made several derogatory remarks about Ukraine. Here is another photo of Ehrlich:

https://i.ibb.co/YbHmZK3/20220129-113916.jpg

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/18/2022 1:31:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Cypher15:
Does the Polish airforce or usaf units there have slammers on hand?  Could make for quick work of those Iskander units..
View Quote

No one in NATO is going to shoot at Russians unprovoked.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 1:33:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

Around 2.5 km
View All Quotes
May the Javelins fly

Around 2.5 km

I think 2.5km was the official requirement for Javelin as a man portable atgm, but when they started considering it for use as a vehicle launched atgm, they tested it out past 4km.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 1:33:51 PM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

Hopefully they have enough discipline not to waste them on BMPs
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 1:34:05 PM EDT
[#28]

View All Quotes
May the Javelins fly

Give it a day or three
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 1:35:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Sonoran_Tj:

No one in NATO is going to shoot at Russians unprovoked.
View Quote
Yes, which makes the slammer a great defensive weapon when flying around in friendly territory.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 1:38:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By GreenMushroom:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GreenMushroom:

Smoking a bmp packed with enemy troops is a good kill.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 1:41:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 1:46:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Car bomb in Donetsk?

No one expects an Irish invasion of Ukraine, Russia's been a diversion all along.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 1:48:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By WildBill375:

Smoking a bmp packed with enemy troops is a good kill.
View Quote

It depends on what weapons they have available and what's attacking, but one for one they should focus on knocking tanks out of the fight before BMPs.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 1:49:01 PM EDT
[#34]

Yes, if I go back to my old post I will repost it. He was on the Russian government payroll for years and that is declared and out in the open.
View Quote

Oof, yeah I didn't realize it was that overt.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 1:49:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By castlebravo84:

I think 2.5km was the official requirement for Javelin as a man portable atgm, but when they started considering it for use as a vehicle launched atgm, they tested it out past 4km.
View All Quotes
May the Javelins fly

Around 2.5 km

It's been awhile since I read the book Roughneck 91, but that SF ODA was one of if not the first unit to use javelins in combat. They describe getting kills well beyond what they thought it was capable of in training.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 1:53:21 PM EDT
[#36]

https://i.ibb.co/YbHmZK3/20220129-113916.jpg

View Quote

Found a Tucker Carlson clip (Jan. 19, 2022) with a Clint Ehrlich appearance - starts at 1:45. Not hearing anything that smacks of Russian disinformation. Sounds like a fairly rational commentary, actually. I think I'll just file this away in my mind for future contemplation and consideration.

Russian policy officer reveals what's at risk for the US

Link Posted: 2/18/2022 1:54:13 PM EDT
[#37]

Thank you for this. I heard some of these stats recently and was blown away. I had no idea that Ukraine was such a resource rich country.
View All Quotes
To help understand the "why" military action is taking place, and where it may take place, its important to understand more about Ukraine and that's why I have posted Ukrainian history and politics here. Any military conflict has economics as an influencer:

For those who ask: “Why does Ukraine matter? “

How the nation of Ukraine ranks:

1st in Europe in proven recoverable reserves of uranium ores;
2nd place in Europe and 10th place in the world in terms of titanium ore reserves;
2nd place in the world in terms of explored reserves of manganese ores (2.3 billion tons, or 12% of the world's reserves);
2nd largest iron ore reserves in the world (30 billion tons);
2nd place in Europe in terms of mercury ore reserves;
3rd place in Europe (13th place in the world) in shale gas reserves (22 trillion cubic meters)
4th in the world by the total value of natural resources;
7th place in the world in coal reserves (33.9 billion tons)

Ukraine is an agricultural country (richest soil in the world):

1st in Europe in terms of arable land area;
3rd place in the world by the area of black soil (25% of world's volume);
1st place in the world in exports of sunflower and sunflower oil;
2nd place in the world in barley production and 4th place in barley exports;
3rd largest producer and 4th largest exporter of corn in the world;
4th largest producer of potatoes in the world;
5th largest rye producer in the world;
5th place in the world in bee production (75,000 tons);
8th place in the world in wheat exports;
9th place in the world in the production of chicken eggs;
16th place in the world in cheese exports.
Ukraine can meet the food needs of 600 million people. [Russia's buddy China could use some of this...]

Ukraine is an industrialized country:

1st in Europe in ammonia production;
2-е Europe's and 4th largest natural gas pipeline system in the world (142.5 bln cubic meters of gas throughput capacity in the EU);
3rd largest in Europe and 8th largest in the world in terms of installed capacity of nuclear power plants;
3rd place in Europe and 11th in the world in terms of rail network length (21,700 km);
3rd place in the world (after the U.S. and France) in production of locators and locating equipment;
3rd largest iron exporter in the world
4th largest exporter of turbines for nuclear power plants in the world;
4th world's largest manufacturer of rocket launchers;
4th place in the world in clay exports
4th place in the world in titanium exports
8th place in the world in exports of ores and concentrates;
9th place in the world in exports of defence industry products;
10th largest steel producer in the world (32.4 million tons).

Information provided by the Ukrainian Congress Committee of America, Ukrainian World Congress (my grandfather was a member all his life since coming here in the late 1940s) - Свiтовий Конґрес Українців

Thank you for this. I heard some of these stats recently and was blown away. I had no idea that Ukraine was such a resource rich country.

Ukraine has been called "The Breadbasket Of Europe" for a very long time.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 1:55:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Ukrainian artillery
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 1:55:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By RockMech:

View Quote

No NATO is weak because the US is weak. Afghanistan proved that. Germany is weak because they are depending on their NG from Russia. All Russia has to do is cut it off.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 1:56:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 1:59:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Russia refused to participate in the OSCE meeting...not sure how old this is though.

kursk region...self propelled artillery being trailered

Link Posted: 2/18/2022 2:00:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By stanprophet09:

No NATO is weak because the US is weak. Afghanistan proved that. Germany is weak because they are depending on their NG from Russia. All Russia has to do is cut it off.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stanprophet09:
Originally Posted By RockMech:

NATO is weak because Great Britain, France, Germany, Denmark, the Netherlands, Italy and all of the other countries of NATO are weak.  The only ones bothering to try anymore is Poland.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 2:00:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2tired2run] [#43]
Turkish journalist no confirmation yet....

Unconfirmed as of yet....

Link Posted: 2/18/2022 2:01:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Finslayer83] [#44]
Originally Posted By 2tired2run:
Ukrainian artillery
View Quote

They are basically the Vice of Russia, most likely funded by Russia.

They happened to be next to the car bomb too....
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 2:02:54 PM EDT
[#45]

It's been awhile since I read the book Roughneck 91, but that SF ODA was one of if not the first unit to use javelins in combat. They describe getting kills well beyond what they thought it was capable of in training.
View All Quotes
May the Javelins fly

Around 2.5 km

They are stupid expensive, large, and a pain in the ass to tote around. Most US units don't want to carry them around.

I went to Javelin training in 06. Consisted of a computer simulations and we had a live fire demonstration where 1 student was allowed to fire one at the tank range.

They are designed so you can airburst on open vehicles or explode after penetration. Solid choice for any enemy armored vehicles.

Ukraine has tanks as well. Many Russian tanks were destroyed in 2014 as well as Ukrainian t64's.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 2:03:34 PM EDT
[#46]

Found a Tucker Carlson clip (Jan. 19, 2022) with a Clint Ehrlich appearance - starts at 1:45. Not hearing anything that smacks of Russian disinformation. Sounds like a fairly rational commentary, actually. I think I'll just file this away in my mind for future contemplation and consideration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLrCy0Vlcy4
View Quote

How many times did he have him on?  One that I'm aware.  Maybe there was more than one.  Who actually cares ?  How many other guests did he have on when discussing Ukraine?  Lot's of them and many dozens of times talking about Ukraine.  The spamming of that one dude's pics as if he is the only guy and he somehow is actually proof the Tucker is a Russian dupe is retarded.  Almost as retarded as dozens of posts about who is more authentic Ukrainian and the subsequent dicks measuring fests.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 2:06:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 2:09:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 2:13:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2tired2run] [#49]
Evacuations are staged.....

per putin about sanctions

Link Posted: 2/18/2022 2:15:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By RhodesianSon:
Car bomb in Donetsk?

No one expects an Irish invasion of Ukraine, Russia's been a diversion all along.
View Quote

Wasn't there a pic of a dude in a track suit drinking Guiness a few pages back?
Page / 5591
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top