Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 794 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:03:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By cryo_tech:

This I don't get.

They will just be a liability. A distraction. What are there, 20? They are likely to cause more issues by doing something stupid. These are not your EESmith people.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

This I don't get.

They will just be a liability. A distraction. What are there, 20? They are likely to cause more issues by doing something stupid. These are not your EESmith people.

Cannon fodder has uses, too.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:03:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#2]
Originally Posted By PurpleOtter:
I'm elated that it's possible they could fail to launch, I'm terrified they could malfunction in a most spectacularly inappropriate way.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PurpleOtter:
Originally Posted By Third_Rail:
Originally Posted By rgkeller:
We know now that Russia has pretty much nothing to respond with.

Except nukes

If they work.

I'm really wondering now.
I'm elated that it's possible they could fail to launch, I'm terrified they could malfunction in a most spectacularly inappropriate way.

Well, their latest submarine launched ones have a pretty high failure rate in testing, and the SS-18's are well past their warranty dates so...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/RSM-56_Bulava

The missile's flight test programme was problematic. Until 2009, there were 6 failures in 13 flight tests and one failure during ground test, blamed mostly on substandard components.    

The missile did however continue to fail in the summer of 2013 and was not operational as of November 2013.[26] The Bulava became operational aboard Yury Dolgorukiy as of October 2015.[27] However, recent developments put this in question. In November 2015, the submarine Vladimir Monomakh fired two missiles while submerged. One of the missiles self-destructed during the boost phase and the other failed to deliver its warheads to the specified target. After being sent back to the manufacturer, it was determined that the missiles failed due to manufacturing defects.[28]

Chief designer Solomonov blamed the failures on the poor state of the Russian defense industry and problems in the design-technology-production chain.

"Sometimes [the problem] is poor-quality materials, sometimes it is the lack of necessary equipment to exclude the 'human' factor in production, sometimes it is inefficient quality control"
According to Solomonov, the industry is unable to manufacture 50 of the necessary components for the missile, forcing designers to improvise and look for alternative solutions, which seriously complicates the testing process. Solomonov further said that despite the failures, there was no need for changes in the design.[29]

Sergei Kovalyov, the designer of three generations of Russian strategic submarines said that due to lack of funding, the developers had been unable to conduct test launches from a floating pad to test the underwater segment of the missile's trajectory. He also said that there were insufficient funds to conduct ground-based test launches. Both types of testing had been standard procedure during Soviet times. Kovalyov also criticised the poor quality of missile components provided by a large number of sub-contractors and the absence of military representatives at manufacturing plants.[30]

I see a pattern.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:04:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Priorities.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:04:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Maine_11B_to_Nurse:

Oh I know... I was just afraid that even at 17 and 18, I'd never quite get that nuke-jack finished in time.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Cav-Gunner:
Originally Posted By mnd6563:
Originally Posted By Slayer0352:
Originally Posted By Bassgasm:

I was impressed by the ~9 second flight time in the Ukranian video, but I guess those things just fly that slow?

I was a TOW gunner and the flight time to reach max range for the TOWs that I worked with with just over 20 seconds to go 3750 meters.

Damn, is that why they said the average life expectancy of a TOW gunner in the Fulda Gap was estimated to be about 15 seconds in a WW3 scenario?

To be fair, the life expectancy of the Fulda Gap itself was also 15 seconds...

Troops in the Fulda Gap were only to be a speed bump while NATO decided if Nukes were to rain.

Oh I know... I was just afraid that even at 17 and 18, I'd never quite get that nuke-jack finished in time.

LOL @ finish a nuke-jack.  
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:05:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By hondaciv:

No.  That theory just doesnt hold any water anymore, not with all the thousands upon thousands of ATGM's shipped to Ukraine since the war broke out.  And Z can get 10k more with a single phone call.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

The Russians are trying to oversaturate the Ukrainian defenses.

Sending tank after tank until all the NLAWs, Panzerfausts and RPGs are depleted.

No.  That theory just doesnt hold any water anymore, not with all the thousands upon thousands of ATGM's shipped to Ukraine since the war broke out.  And Z can get 10k more with a single phone call.

Why not?

The Russians haven't done a damn thing right in this whole mess.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:05:25 PM EDT
[#6]

The Russians are sending the very old cold war stuff from the 1970s and 1980s now.  

View Quote
Captured and destroyed upgraded T-80s and upgraded 72s say otherwise.  A large majority of their forces are committed which does not leave any room for your theory.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:05:26 PM EDT
[#7]

Fucking worthless loser Russians attacking civilians while their armor, VDV, and regulars get fucking nuked and stacked.

Keep it up, kill the whole fucking lot of them.

I wonder how many POW's they have now?
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:06:21 PM EDT
[#8]
View Quote

Spoon Man of Kyiv
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:06:25 PM EDT
[#9]
View Quote
No. Someone who knows what the hell they are doing.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:06:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By ryder12:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/dont_believe_you_anchorman_zps267e5cbb_GIF-108.gif

If that was true then why hasn't that 40 mile long Russian column that is 3 wide not burning after 4 days?
View Quote

precisely.

The only reason I can think of is that it isn't an immediate threat, and that thier air resources are over areas in the south or NE. IDK.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:06:42 PM EDT
[#11]
View Quote

He must have watched The Outpost.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:07:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:07:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Cpt_Kirks:

Why not?

View Quote

Well yeah.  You kinda have a point.  

Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:07:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Chokey:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:07:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By sulman:

I'm not into that mate, but you do you.
View Quote
I think this sums it up better.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:08:01 PM EDT
[#16]
The Ukrainian tranny story feels like a bit of a misstep for me in what has typically been a very slick PR op for the Ukranians. This stuff is disproportionately important to Twitter retards in particular, and it's the social media space they want to continue dominating.

But then I don't know that the 'trannies of fighting age' story is true; because it's just another thing on Twitter.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:08:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Somebody catch me up, I've had company all day.

This morning NATO was about to declare a no fly zone and Putin sounded like he wanted a cease fire or something.

But, that was nine or ten hours ago...

Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:09:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By mokerr:

Damn that is a shitload of media.....I hope no Russian assassin slips through or something

Dude has balls of steel, and to think he was a fucking comedian 3 years ago.
View Quote

That is what concerns me.
Ahmad Shah Massoud.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:09:32 PM EDT
[#19]

Here is a map of the EU:

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-nCqPd1zanuk/X4Om8E10_-I/AAAAAAAADNs/4kvAqcMhek8QhxA5Pwcgf4_arnDYYqotgCLcBGAsYHQ/s0/map-of-european-union-countries-2020-post-brexit.png

Now here's NATO:

https://preview.redd.it/25wromq91ks61.png?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=26ae14f2a41310aff8c1505c7a2804af7f4d74c9

The EU and NATO might be two different organizations, but the only EU nations worth mentioning that are not also NATO nations are Finland and Sweden.

The distinction between the EU and NATO is unlikely to ever show itself in a real world military scenario.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By elcope:

You cannot decouple the US from the EU.

EU = NATO = US. We're hitched to that wagon whether or not we want to be.

Russia hasn't attacked NATO for the same reason NATO hasn't attacked Russia. Unless Putin is truly overdue for a trip to the loony bin or unless he decides he wants to go out in a hail of ICBMs (and nobody stops him), that's not going to change.

No.

Here is a map of the EU:

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-nCqPd1zanuk/X4Om8E10_-I/AAAAAAAADNs/4kvAqcMhek8QhxA5Pwcgf4_arnDYYqotgCLcBGAsYHQ/s0/map-of-european-union-countries-2020-post-brexit.png

Now here's NATO:

https://preview.redd.it/25wromq91ks61.png?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=26ae14f2a41310aff8c1505c7a2804af7f4d74c9

The EU and NATO might be two different organizations, but the only EU nations worth mentioning that are not also NATO nations are Finland and Sweden.

The distinction between the EU and NATO is unlikely to ever show itself in a real world military scenario.

Random question, what caused Poland to wait so long to join ?
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:09:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Suburbanhillbilly:
You ought to stop that shit.
The American left learned it from Soviet infiltrators a long time ago. They pulled back the veil and started blatantly using it on us using covid, Floyd and the stolen election as an excuse.
The Canadians pushed a button and confiscated the net wealth of a bunch of peaceful truckers~ and they had help from private American companies (GoFundCommies).
So yeah. Our left is using Soviet tactics against Russia, which is good, but you're a fool if you think they're done with us.

And you have adopted that exact same tactic with your very stupid post.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Suburbanhillbilly:
Originally Posted By wayfaerer320:
Originally Posted By wsm2018:
Originally Posted By wayfaerer320:

I've said it before and I'll say it again - the Russian Federation is like a Soviet Union lite.

I remember when the Kursk blew up and one of the mother's of a missing sailor got upset at a meeting - they sedated her right in her seat.

Putin is living out an 18th century fantasy of world domination and feeding his people bullshit to go along with him.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnews.com/politics/loudoun-county-father-school-cover-up-bathroom-assault-daughter.amp

Open your eyes.

Putin fan much?
You ought to stop that shit.
The American left learned it from Soviet infiltrators a long time ago. They pulled back the veil and started blatantly using it on us using covid, Floyd and the stolen election as an excuse.
The Canadians pushed a button and confiscated the net wealth of a bunch of peaceful truckers~ and they had help from private American companies (GoFundCommies).
So yeah. Our left is using Soviet tactics against Russia, which is good, but you're a fool if you think they're done with us.

And you have adopted that exact same tactic with your very stupid post.

I'm sorry - is this thread about about liberal bullshit in America or a war in Ukraine?
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:10:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 74HC] [#21]

precisely.

The only reason I can think of is that it isn't an immediate threat, and that thier air resources are over areas in the south or NE. IDK.
View All Quotes

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/dont_believe_you_anchorman_zps267e5cbb_GIF-108.gif

If that was true then why hasn't that 40 mile long Russian column that is 3 wide not burning after 4 days?

precisely.

It's probably heavily defended with mobile S-400 and AA.  Ukraine probably has limited capability and inventory in their AF left, and see it as bait to lose the rest of it.  They really need those planes in Poland.

If Biden wasn't half dead with an IQ a couple of points higher than a half gallon of ice cream, he would have told Putin under no circumstances his military would be allowed to advance on nuclear power plants.  He failed to do that, or anything remotely close to that.  So too did NATO and EU.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:10:15 PM EDT
[#22]

Sending tank after tank until all the NLAWs, Panzerfausts and RPGs are depleted.

View Quote

There are probably four times as many ATGMs in Ukraine as Russian armored vehicles
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:10:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By 6SJ7GT:

There seems to be no real option but to fight. Russia has openly talked about "Cleansing" the Ukrainian population. The older Ukrainians are very aware of what that means and from some past posts here it looks like the older Ukrainians are the ones most willing to fight.
View Quote

Agreed. My point is they shouldn’t be fighting alone.   They are not the only ones on Putin’s list.  Offering half measures of support isn’t best for Ukrainians. It prolongs the war and forces Putin to escalate, wasting lives.   It may serve the interests of those offering limited support in that prolonging also depletes Russia’s assets. That certainly isn’t a noble reason to offer support.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:11:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:

Good to see TOR being used for its designed purpose rather than the dark stuff it's become famous for.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:
Originally Posted By mancow:
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:
Originally Posted By Cav-Gunner:
Russia will be media dark in 24 hours.

Naaa, Pravda will be unironically lying 24 hrs a day.

Now would be a good time for a TOR based "Voice of America" website.
Link distributed via telegram.
*poof* no more ironkurtiansky

Already been done.

Good to see TOR being used for its designed purpose rather than the dark stuff it's become famous for.

For sure. I saw it in a war related discord chat that had all the pertinent links and info. I'll try to find it again.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:11:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:11:25 PM EDT
[#26]

precisely.

View Quote

I've been thinking they are low on TB-2 missiles and they can't afford to run out, and they don't want to send their air force in for possible SAM losses.

I want them to get a new shipment for the TB-2s. That convoy is set up for a Russian defeat on the scale of Lake Placid.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:11:38 PM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

Those idiots out driving a war zone, screaming “journalist” instead of “press”.

Acting like they will just stop shooting.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:11:56 PM EDT
[#28]

Why not?

View Quote

They still haven't fought the way years of study say they should. You can see why; every single artillery shell gets its own tweet.

They fought the Georgian war with 3rd line equipment (T-62s!!!) and it's a good bet they've got thousands stored away for a rainy day.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:12:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By glockluv:

Spoon Man of Kyiv
View Quote

Well, all my friends are Ukrainian
(All my friends are blue and yellow)
Spoonman
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:12:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Is the U.S. still buying Russian oil today?
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:12:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By 74HC:

War of attrition would work against Poland if they go it alone with the Rooskies.  They have guts though.  One of the few in NATO that do.

France, Germany, and Netherlands would never agree to mobilize NATO forces unless their own soil is attacked.  They would sell out the minor NATO countries will no real defense if Putin agrees to leave their countries alone, and the gas pipeline running.

All this talk about rethinking their NATO commitments, their energy plans, and whatnots will be forgotten in short time.  Certainly by the next recession.  They'll go back to business as usual. Face it, NATO has been in decline for decades, has been largely obsolete due to incompetence in EU, and is on its death bed.

If NATO was a half-serious military alliance, it would have listed conditions to Putin of what will result in a response in Ukraine.  They did nothing other than sit on their hands, and talked tough words with no stick.
View Quote

Germany is scared, the politicans are shitting their pants. They would agree if Poland would be attacked because they know Germany would be the next target.

Media isn't reporting much about what's going on in the Bundeswehr and Germany, but they already mobilized a bunch of reserve personal.

Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:13:19 PM EDT
[#32]

View All Quotes

I had to read that a couple times. Now when I see a Z all I can think of is the Russian army.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:13:20 PM EDT
[#33]
The Ukrainian tranny story feels like a bit of a misstep for me in what has typically been a very slick PR op for the Ukranians. This stuff is disproportionately important to Twitter retards in particular, and it's the social media space they want to continue dominating.

But then I don't know that the 'trannies of fighting age' story is true; because it's just another thing on Twitter.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/478547/FM1Tmx9VkAAhmus_jpeg-2301388.JPG
View Quote
Look, he can play dress up during peace time, but when your country is in the fight of its life, it's time to get serious.   That's a man, and he needs to start acting like it.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:14:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mokerr] [#34]
Originally Posted By kncook:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kncook:

They thought it was a Ukrainian checkpoint. Fog of war and all that

The main reporter with them probably has more experience seeing combat that the vast majority of people on earth. I think they're brave as shit for being out there reporting the truth.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:14:51 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

Europes arsenals will be gone in a few days.  

Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:14:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By YankeeWhite:
Everyone thinks that if Putin is gone things will be better.  How's that worked out for us in the past?  Largest nuclear power in the world with possibly no leadership or possibly a stronger leader, that's a big gamble.
View Quote

You are correct.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:15:00 PM EDT
[#37]

Surrounded by men in a war zone. Probably not good.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:15:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Star_Scream:

There are probably four times as many ATGMs in Ukraine as Russian armored vehicles
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Star_Scream:

The new nickname for NLAWs should be Doritos.

"Crunch all you want. We'll make more."
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:15:06 PM EDT
[#39]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Sean124:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/TSdKDYc-50.gif

Were they Nazis?
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:15:07 PM EDT
[#40]

They still haven't fought the way years of study say they should. You can see why; every single artillery shell gets its own tweet.

They fought the Georgian war with 3rd line equipment (T-62s!!!) and it's a good bet they've got thousands stored away for a rainy day.
View All Quotes

Why not?

The Russians still have thousands of lend lease THOMPSONS stored away.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:15:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Cypher15:
Captured and destroyed upgraded T-80s and upgraded 72s say otherwise.  A large majority of their forces are committed which does not leave any room for your theory.
View Quote

This has been a slight change this week; I noticed a lot more images of better equipped units rather than last week's story which was Yuri looking for potatoes with his bao feng and crocs. There's going to be some interesting papers when this is all done.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:16:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Swampgrass:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Swampgrass:
Originally Posted By elcope:

You cannot decouple the US from the EU.

EU = NATO = US. We're hitched to that wagon whether or not we want to be.

Russia hasn't attacked NATO for the same reason NATO hasn't attacked Russia. Unless Putin is truly overdue for a trip to the loony bin or unless he decides he wants to go out in a hail of ICBMs (and nobody stops him), that's not going to change.

No.

Here is a map of the EU:

Now here's NATO:

That was the next round of hires after the wall came down.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:16:31 PM EDT
[#43]

It's probably heavily defended with mobile S-400 and AA.  Ukraine probably has limited capability and inventory in their AF left, and see it as bait to lose the rest of it.  They really need those planes in Poland.

If Biden wasn't half dead with an IQ a couple of points higher than a half gallon of ice cream, he would have told Putin under no circumstances his military would be allowed to advance on nuclear power plants.  He failed to do that, or anything remotely close to that.  So too did NATO and EU.
View All Quotes

precisely.

ATACMS...
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:16:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Wow, just saw that Morning in Hostomel, what point does the word get out to not sit in your vehicle.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:17:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Cypher15:
View Quote

There are many pics of old T-72s out there, and they start sending more of the old shit right now. Not days ago.

Why should they send a T-90 when a T-72 from 1985 can do the same job?

Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:17:27 PM EDT
[#46]
So what did I miss today?

Did OAB take out anymore squads

Is that convoy burning yet

Any videos yet of javelins in action?
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:17:54 PM EDT
[#47]

The Russians still have thousands of lend lease THOMPSONS stored away.
View Quote

Man I want to see what crates of still NIB Thompsons looks like.  
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:17:58 PM EDT
[#48]
View Quote

That's a thing. We did that in the "90's.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:18:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:18:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By TripleC:

This sounds awesome but How do we know its accurate?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TripleC:
Good thread here:

This sounds awesome but How do we know its accurate?

If it was BUFF's probably wouldn't be doing racetracks and the Truman wouldn't be near the Aegean.
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 794 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top