Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 805 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/4/2022 10:42:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By elcope:

Indirect fire requires re-supply which is stuck in the 40 mi convoy, and missile inventory should be getting to about black right now, with no discernable means of manufacture in Russia due to sanctions and waging war one of your critical component suppliers.

View Quote

You got me Chief, not my theater but IMO a lot of this reporting is mistranslated intentionally. I'm kinda speechless at their performance so far since nothing they've done makes sense with the information available.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 10:43:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By racer765:

it's already ridiculously simple for all that except the self-guidance to vlad's henchmen part.

flite test foamboard airframe.  $1.  two servos, battery pack, arduino, some code.  maybe $100.  1/4lb c4 or some such, no idea what that goes for, probably free in theater right now.  call it $200 in hardware.  

I would be shocked if this isn't already happening right now.  doubt vlad's henchmen have any kind of emp or rf tools to kill off the shelf consumer electronics based drones since we've been seeing footage the 10 days from consumer gear.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Johnrpb:

What we need Elon to do is put together blue prints for easily field manufactured flying wing drone using readily available parts/explosives which is then controlled by mysteriously available free-source autonomous software which epstein’s themselves into Russian anti air/armor.

it's already ridiculously simple for all that except the self-guidance to vlad's henchmen part.

flite test foamboard airframe.  $1.  two servos, battery pack, arduino, some code.  maybe $100.  1/4lb c4 or some such, no idea what that goes for, probably free in theater right now.  call it $200 in hardware.  

I would be shocked if this isn't already happening right now.  doubt vlad's henchmen have any kind of emp or rf tools to kill off the shelf consumer electronics based drones since we've been seeing footage the 10 days from consumer gear.  

I hear you 100% on that.  I’m sure Ukraine has a few dozen, maybe even a few hundred dudes like you that can do that.  What I’m
Wanting is something they can put together at scale by assembly line similar to their molotov production.
Sounds like you have the subject matter expertise in this area. Could you hypothetically put together a pdf with a parts list (order links) and instructions on how to assemble/deploy?
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 10:44:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Houlagan72] [#3]
Originally Posted By solid:

Yeah i see that might be so.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Timeflies:
Originally Posted By Dr_Nimslow:
Not sure of the back story, but this is making the rounds on Ukrainian social media tonight.  One of my wife's friends sent it to her.

https://i.imgur.com/powYZG0.jpg

In for info. Looks rough

Also looks staged and edited at minimum, you know, to evoke emotion.

The kids snow suit is too clean.
Not that I doubt anything that's going over there.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 10:45:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By DeathMetalMedic:

Uh .... why are we telling the world this?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DeathMetalMedic:
Originally Posted By bikedamon:
Ukraine still has 'significant majority' of its military aircraft

https://www.reuters.com/world/ukraine-still-has-significant-majority-its-military-aircraft-us-official-2022-03-04/

Uh .... why are we telling the world this?

Maybe to watch and see how the Russians react to it.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 10:45:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By odiedodi:
Russia shouldn't even be in their country, so your logic is dogshit.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By YankeeWhite:
Now when the kids get killed they can yank the rifles and go off about Russians executing children.
Russia shouldn't even be in their country, so your logic is dogshit.
You'r half right.  The Russians shouldn't be there, but sending in kids with almost no training to get slaughtered is a good idea?  They should be moving them to the rear, but hey it's their fight.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 10:45:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 10:46:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MattyCR] [#7]

I hear you 100% on that.  I’m sure Ukraine has a few dozen, maybe even a few hundred dudes like you that can do that.  What I’m
Wanting is something they can put together at scale by assembly line similar to their molotov production.
Sounds like you have the subject matter expertise in this area. Could you hypothetically put together a pdf with a parts list (order links) and instructions on how to assemble/deploy?
View All Quotes

What we need Elon to do is put together blue prints for easily field manufactured flying wing drone using readily available parts/explosives which is then controlled by mysteriously available free-source autonomous software which epstein’s themselves into Russian anti air/armor.

He talking about a large size soft stick RC airplane.  Would need a decent motor and prop and youd want more than a 1/4lbs of C4 to do anything more than kill a soldier or two.

Id be working on heavy lift octocopters that can drop multiple mortar rounds.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 10:48:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Dopple:
Putin is old soviet.  Just like biden is old... well, old.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dopple:
Originally Posted By Chaingun:
Originally Posted By Blue_Devil_JD:
Originally Posted By stone-age:

Over 9,000 dead russian troops.
Russia has over 800,000 troops.

In theater they only have 180K. 9-10 dead plus 2x that wounded. No major cities taken. Russia could see 30k dead 60k wounded before they take Kiev and Kharkiv.

That many dead in a few weeks, even if they are going to resupply, a "modern" military taking those losses in that sort amount of time is a complete disaster.
This is old soviet doctrine, losses don't matter
Putin is old soviet.  Just like biden is old... well, old.

Seems like Putin is getting backed into a corner and running out of options.

Seems like he has only two left. Win or launch nukes. I'm pretty sure he won't get taken alive.

I've been wondering if the doctrine of MAD applies to megalomaniac's?

If Napoleon had nukes would he have used them once he realized he would loose the Battle of Waterloo?

Would Hitler have used them?

Mad only makes sense if you are rational, logical.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 10:48:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By YankeeWhite:
You'r half right.  The Russians shouldn't be there, but sending in kids with almost no training to get slaughtered is a good idea?  They should be moving them to the rear, but hey it's their fight.
View Quote

When you're arming your children, you're losing.

I'm sure I'll be called a Russian troll for saying that.

Link Posted: 3/4/2022 10:49:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Houlagan72:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By lorazepam:

I normally don't pay attention.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 10:51:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Russia can run bombers out of Belarus
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 10:52:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
We are watching Ukrainian news broadcast (Ukrainian language only) and they just showed the graphic of all the Russian losses.

The female news anchor said something and my wife started laughing, I asked what did she say? She said, "I hope it will be more" lol
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/4/2022 10:53:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By BossMaverick:

Not sure what the rivalry is about, but even if the cameras are good for only 200 miles, that’s still a very effective tool for real time surveillance.
View Quote

Triton can fly for 30 hours at 55,000 feet 500 miles off target and take clear video of haji’s going OAB on sheep.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 10:54:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By rgkeller:
View Quote

Russia can go fuck their hats.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 10:54:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lorazepam] [#15]
Originally Posted By bikedamon:
Ukraine still has 'significant majority' of its military aircraft

https://www.reuters.com/world/ukraine-still-has-significant-majority-its-military-aircraft-us-official-2022-03-04/

View Quote

Tough to lose them when they stay on the ground.
Edit: I don't blame them for saving them, and the pilots. That is the most expensive part of their military.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 10:55:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Right now there's probably at least a hundred Russians in the Chernobyl zone. Some Chechen dude bro has told them "DA is fine!" and put his mask back on as he was driving off.

Link Posted: 3/4/2022 10:55:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CavScout] [#17]
Seems some of the live invasion analysis streams are quiet today/tonight. What are we watching? The Nemico(n) child or something better?
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 10:58:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By CavScout:
Seems some of the live invasion analysis streams are quiet today/tonight.
View Quote

Lookner flamed out. He was good at compiling information, but extraordinarily bad at handling internet people.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 10:58:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Seems some of the live invasion analysis streams are quiet today/tonight. What are we watching? The Nemico(n) child or something better?
View Quote
Seems the only real move today was towards the north side of Odessa.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 10:58:46 PM EDT
[#20]

View All Quotes

Neither does anyone else!
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 10:58:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: solid] [#21]

View All Quotes
Not sure of the back story, but this is making the rounds on Ukrainian social media tonight.  One of my wife's friends sent it to her.

In for info. Looks rough

Yup. I noticed the crystal clean of the picture including the dog. Details  matter man !
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 10:59:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By hondaciv:
View Quote

Again, they shouldn't be ruling anything out, at all. It's just dumb. The only reason to make concessions is to gain something. Leave everything open - no-fly zones, NATO membership, whatever. Go ahead and quietly commit to yourself that NATO won't include Ukraine, but don't say it out loud. Stupid people.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 11:00:35 PM EDT
[#23]

Lookner flamed out. He was good at compiling information, but extraordinarily bad at handling internet people.
View All Quotes
Seems some of the live invasion analysis streams are quiet today/tonight.

That is too bad, I saw him burning out and over-reacting more as each day progressed. He had no sleep, I get it but he really started ripping into his donors and people in chat. Come on Steve, pull it together weasel!
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 11:00:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By doc540:
Russians appear to be using some type of infantry drone system in this combat vid?

starting at 00:38

anyone know for sure?
View Quote

Due to my high level contacts [cough], I've confirmed all Russian infantry platoons carry this drone for combat surveillance.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 11:02:10 PM EDT
[#25]

Lol

Poll is misleading?
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 11:02:39 PM EDT
[#26]
@Chokey for links . Great information provided by you through this thread and it is appreciated !
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 11:03:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: aeroworksxp] [#27]

Yup. I noticed the crystal clean of the picture including the dog. Details  matter man !
View Quote

Not countering your point, but it reminds me of a weird phenomenon.  You can watch videos on YouTube of people in Pakistan or India doing manual labor wearing all white robes of some kind.  And they somehow keep those robes white and clean while working in nothing but orange/red dirt and mud.  Meanwhile, I wear a white shirt and it has shit all over within an hour of doing nothing.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 11:05:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By aeroworksxp:

Not countering your point, but it reminds me of a weird phenomenon.  You can watch videos on youtube of people in Pakistan or india doing manual labor wearing all white robes of some kind.  And they somehow keep those robes white and clean.  Meanwhile, I wear a white shirt and it has shit all over within an hour of doing nothing.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By aeroworksxp:

Not countering your point, but it reminds me of a weird phenomenon.  You can watch videos on youtube of people in Pakistan or india doing manual labor wearing all white robes of some kind.  And they somehow keep those robes white and clean.  Meanwhile, I wear a white shirt and it has shit all over within an hour of doing nothing.

No ,understood completely,that picture is really clean and better than most i can get off my android. Little weird.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 11:07:03 PM EDT
[#29]

View All Quotes

In for info. Looks rough

I just keep hoping that they can all hang in there and get the job done!
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 11:07:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By MattyCR:

He talking about a large size soft stick RC airplane.  Would need a decent motor and prop and youd want more than a 1/4lbs of C4 to do anything more than kill a soldier or two.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MattyCR:

I've got a big hex that can pick up roughly 15lbs. Thing about multicopters is they typically don't have a lot of endurance/range. With just a gopro and transmitter, my big hex gets about 40minutes of endurance. With a 10lb payload, that probably would drop in half. Those styrofoam FQM-117Bs have about 15 minutes on glow fuel, 25 minutes if you use batteries and an electric motor. I like them because they're easy to mount payloads in.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 11:08:06 PM EDT
[#31]
"today's press conference is sponsored by bigdaddyunlimited."

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Croak:

I hope Zelensky isn't going to sound like a Guntuber thanking his ammo sponsors.
"today's press conference is sponsored by bigdaddyunlimited."

If you've ever made a complete ass of Russian military might in one single week, go ahead and smash that like button
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 11:08:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By madwis15:

I'd rather just see companies abandon China just like they did with Russia. That would hurt them far more.
View Quote

a better path would be to raise import tariffs on chinese-manufactured goods, and provide tax incentives for US companies to transfer manufacturing from overseas back to the United States.

but, oh wait.  Biden & Hunter are in bed with the Chinese, therefore "Xiden".  and ... no more mean tweets.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 11:10:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By x248716x:

a better path would be to raise import tariffs on chinese-manufactured goods, and provide tax incentives for US companies to transfer manufacturing from overseas back to the United States.

but, oh wait.  Biden & Hunter are in bed with the Chinese, therefore "Xiden".  and ... no more mean tweets.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By x248716x:
Originally Posted By madwis15:

I'd rather just see companies abandon China just like they did with Russia. That would hurt them far more.

The Bidens should be fed to alligators for their treason with China, no doubt.

But the Chicom Money Train started with Bush the Elder, at least, if not all the way back to Nixon.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 11:10:13 PM EDT
[#34]

Jack Posobiec is a fucking idiot and it amazes me people still follow him
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 11:10:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Consigli:

Seems like he has only two left. Win or launch nukes. I'm pretty sure he won't get taken alive.

If Napoleon had nukes would he have used them once he realized he would loose the Battle of Waterloo?

View Quote
Putin apparently doesn't have sole control over Russian nukes.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 11:10:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By rgkeller:
View Quote

U.S. can put stickers on B2s in MO.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 11:11:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Seems like the biggest threat to Ukranian strongholds is Russian artillery.

How does Ukraine counter that?

Can they?
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 11:12:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By mokerr:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mokerr:

I got tired of him trying to sell me a pillow every 4 hours.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 11:12:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By wayfaerer320:

Can they?
View Quote
Counter battery and taking ground. Area denial
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 11:13:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:

It has different international feel to melt a plant vs lighting a nuke.  

They can melt a plant without getting a nuke in return.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:
Originally Posted By macro:
Couldn't they just threaten to nuke them?

It has different international feel to melt a plant vs lighting a nuke.  

They can melt a plant without getting a nuke in return.

Does the deliberate destruction of nuclear plants to spread radiation justify a first strike nuke attack?
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 11:13:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By wayfaerer320:

Can they?
View Quote
Artillery and drones.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 11:13:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By planemaker:

I've got a big hex that can pick up roughly 15lbs. Thing about multicopters is they typically don't have a lot of endurance/range. With just a gopro and transmitter, my big hex gets about 40minutes of endurance. With a 10lb payload, that probably would drop in half. Those styrofoam FQM-117Bs have about 15 minutes on glow fuel, 25 minutes if you use batteries and an electric motor. I like them because they're easy to mount payloads in.
View Quote

Given the distances to front line fighting, Id take payload over endurance.  

Bigger issues Id have with am electronics is being jammed or plain old shot at.  

Id want to have a decent INS and make a smart flight plan to get in and out ASAP and carry as much as I could.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 11:14:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By M-1975:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By M-1975:

I would think any "normal" group of people or "government" would always have a side eye look to their peers who have an overwhelming say in ultimate power and duly note going forward they might have to kill this asshole.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 11:14:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Just a hypothetical question here...

Send F35's to knock out sams with AWAC supoort
F22's to provide CAP
AC-130's, A10's, and AH64's to clean up ground targets

Could it be done with no boots on the geound and how long would it take to clean house of the russian armor?
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 11:14:40 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 11:15:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By BlueSetter:

Triton can fly for 30 hours at 55,000 feet 500 miles off target and take clear video of haji’s going OAB on sheep.
View Quote

Uh, no.  Even assuming the sensors were capable at that shallow slant angle and range through atmospherics (they arent), curvature of the earth puts the horizon at 287.5 miles from 55000 ft.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 11:15:28 PM EDT
[#47]

Does the deliberate destruction of nuclear plants to spread radiation justify a first strike nuke attack?
View Quote

I'm going with "no".  

Nobody in the west is shooting first.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 11:15:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 11:19:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
We are watching Ukrainian news broadcast (Ukrainian language only) and they just showed the graphic of all the Russian losses.

The female news anchor said something and my wife started laughing, I asked what did she say? She said, "I hope it will be more" lol
View Quote

Based
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 11:20:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 805 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top