Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 169 of 5590)
Page / 5590
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 2/23/2022 8:43:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Zam18th:
View Quote

What time will that be here in the states?
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 8:44:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Around 9PM Eastern.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 8:44:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Smokey0844] [#3]
Well it’s 3:44 in Moscow.  I’m not even there and I’m nervous for them.

Or 2:44 UKR time
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 8:47:08 PM EDT
[#4]
If Russia would shoot down one of our drones, would it be considered an act of war?

Link Posted: 2/23/2022 8:47:20 PM EDT
[#5]
TUAF600 looks like a successful landing, TUAF601 just crossed into Ukrainian airspace from Romania.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 8:47:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:

Ironically, thats also why Russia is so historically obsessed with controlling Ukraine and some of its other neighbors - they are prime invasion routes into Russia.

Per Peter Zeihan, this is the border Russia wants for ensuring physical geographical barriers to invasion:

https://i.ibb.co/3cxVHCM/Screen-Shot-2022-02-23-at-4-15-17-PM.png

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FMTo7utXEAwly84?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Thats basically what this is all about; not land for resources or hatred of democracy or any other shit. Russia straight up is looking to fortify its borders with other countries because its current national borders are easy to invade by land along a huge area.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Blue_Devil_JD:
If you are Ukraine, even if you are a stronger Military, how the fuck do you defend that. 75% of the border of the country is Russia or Russia Ally. There are no bottle necks or choke points....

Ironically, thats also why Russia is so historically obsessed with controlling Ukraine and some of its other neighbors - they are prime invasion routes into Russia.

Per Peter Zeihan, this is the border Russia wants for ensuring physical geographical barriers to invasion:

Thats basically what this is all about; not land for resources or hatred of democracy or any other shit. Russia straight up is looking to fortify its borders with other countries because its current national borders are easy to invade by land along a huge area.

Quit spreading your bullshit. A country that can nuke the world five times over is worried about protecting its borders from minute armies. Who the fuck would do this? Stop your self serving lies.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 8:48:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By 7255:
TUAF600 looks like a successful landing, TUAF601 just crossed into Ukrainian airspace from Romania.
View Quote

And the handball team is almost home!
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 8:48:08 PM EDT
[#8]

Around 9PM Eastern.
View All Quotes

Around 9PM Eastern.

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 8:49:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Psaki Says Biden's Sanctions Strategy Against Russia Has "Worked" Despite Putin Invading Ukraine

Psaki Says Biden's Sanctions Strategy Against Russia Has "Worked" Despite Putin Invading Ukraine
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 8:49:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By aswrg7:

WARNING:  Depressing AF.
View Quote

This gives it a run for its money.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 8:50:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By stanprophet09:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iyy9n8r16hs
View Quote

Thank you!!
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 8:50:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By realwar:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDAZGXShCDw
View Quote

Peppermint Psaki
She needs to be making sammiches and sucking dixk.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 8:50:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Sergeant, I hope you like vodka.

So, the talking heads are saying the fireworks could start at 9EST.   SoS Blinken is confident that Russia will strike before the night is over.

I'm over here wondering if anyone wants to wager this shit won't start at all
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 8:51:08 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm late to this party. What I saw and read today was indicating the "Russian Separatists" in the Ukraine asked Russia for "help," and that's the pretext they're supposedly going to use.

My question is, what if the Ukraine asked Europe/US/NATO for "help?" And we moved some troops into the country? Would Putin still go ahead?

Just curious. I'm not as up on this as I should be. It's been a busy week trying to keep the power on at 0F.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 8:51:08 PM EDT
[#15]

Thanks
View Quote

Depends on which they go by.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 8:51:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By wjwill:
If Russia would shoot down one of our drones, would it be considered an act of war?

https://i.ibb.co/dktqXVb/Screenshot-20220223-184413-Chrome.jpg
View Quote
Absolutely. Would we go to war over it, though? Almost certainly not.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 8:51:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Bluegrasscardinal:

So, the talking heads are saying the fireworks could start at 9EST.   SoS Blinken is confident that Russia will strike before the night is over.

View Quote

I watched Blinken's latest interview, he said the pieces are in place but he has no idea when it could start. Did you see something else?
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 8:52:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 8:52:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By wjwill:

https://i.ibb.co/dktqXVb/Screenshot-20220223-184413-Chrome.jpg
View Quote

They would claim Ukrainians shot it down
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 8:53:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By MarneRock:

Quit spreading your bullshit. A country that can nuke the world five times over is worried about protecting its borders from minute armies. Who the fuck would do this? Stop your self serving lies.
View All Quotes
If you are Ukraine, even if you are a stronger Military, how the fuck do you defend that. 75% of the border of the country is Russia or Russia Ally. There are no bottle necks or choke points....

Russia may believe that. But the only country that might invade Russia is China - lots of empty land that 1.4B people could utilize.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 8:54:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Kagetora:
I'm late to this party. What I saw and read today was indicating the "Russian Separatists" in the Ukraine asked Russia for "help," and that's the pretext they're supposedly going to use.

My question is, what if the Ukraine asked Europe/US/NATO for "help?" And we moved some troops into the country? Would Putin still go ahead?

Just curious. I'm not as up on this as I should be. It's been a busy week trying to keep the power on at 0F.
View Quote

Turkey just landed one military cargo plane in Kyiv, and a second is in Ukrainian airspace just southwest of Odessa. We should see it take a northern turn just past Odessa.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 8:54:38 PM EDT
[#22]
So there's currently help going to Ukraine, but I don't know that boots are being sent in.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 8:55:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By M-1975:
View Quote

Turkish AF pilots say hold my falafel
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 8:55:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Kagetora:

View Quote

The US would tell them to pound sand.

There is a chance,albeit small,that Poland will move to make sure Lviv doesn’t fall but again think that is very unlikely.

Link Posted: 2/23/2022 8:56:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Pshpin:

Im not a military aviator, I just fly for fun but ill take a shot at a guess as to why.

My guess is this is ADS-B data. Its very useful when you arent talking with ATC so you can still be aware of other aircraft (it works through GPS).

My guess, is its on as a safety/courtesy for other aircraft operating outside of radar service areas (including mobile units), or without flight followings.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mokerr:
Why can we even see the USAF aircraft over Ukraine? Is it a power projection, "hey we're fucking watching" type deal?

Im not a military aviator, I just fly for fun but ill take a shot at a guess as to why.

My guess is this is ADS-B data. Its very useful when you arent talking with ATC so you can still be aware of other aircraft (it works through GPS).

My guess, is its on as a safety/courtesy for other aircraft operating outside of radar service areas (including mobile units), or without flight followings.

Rules say you have ADS B on when flying in Europe and a lot of other places and for the time being the aviation rules aren’t thrown out the window for US forces.  If US Military aircraft were flying without ADS B on it’s a signal that the rules are out the window and gives the Russians a potential excuse to intercept or take some action against them.  No “innocent” excuse for the Russians to take action against them if they are squawking and following the rules of aviation. It may seem like a load of horseshit given that some stuff has started to kick off but unless the US military is actually going to start engaging expect to see US aircraft continuing to show up ADS B.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 8:58:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Longer version

Doocy Turns Psaki Into a MESS by Giving Her a Savage Reality Check on Russia

Link Posted: 2/23/2022 8:58:08 PM EDT
[#27]

View All Quotes

Wind your neck in a bit. He's referring to a recent article by Peter Zeihan that discusses Russia's and the USSR's historical control of the nine natural pinch points on their borders.

Link Posted: 2/23/2022 8:59:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Boregonian:

Rules say you have ADS B on when flying in Europe and a lot of other places and for the time being the aviation rules aren’t thrown out the window for US forces.  If US Military aircraft were flying without ADS B on it’s a signal that the rules are out the window and gives the Russians a potential excuse to intercept or take some action against them.  No “innocent” excuse for the Russians to take action against them if they are squawking and following the rules of aviation. It may seem like a load of horseshit given that some stuff has started to kick off but unless the US military is actually going to start engaging expect to see US aircraft continuing to show up ADS B.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Boregonian:
Originally Posted By mokerr:
Why can we even see the USAF aircraft over Ukraine? Is it a power projection, "hey we're fucking watching" type deal?

Interesting, thanks for the feedback y'all. I know nothing of aviation. Silly me figured US military aircraft just did whatever the hell they wanted everywhere lol
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 8:59:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Man feeling queasy about this tonight. Hope all our Arfcomers and their family members are safe tonight
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 8:59:55 PM EDT
[#30]
There is a Azur Air Boeing 777 #QU4490 airliner inbound to Kyiv airport from the Dominican Republic.  Arrival time 3:59am!!!!  They might want to divert...
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 9:00:12 PM EDT
[#31]
So there's currently help going to Ukraine, but I don't know that boots are being sent in.
View Quote

Stingers from Latvia that arrived Tuesday

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/23/2022 9:00:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By amd_dude:
@stanprophet09 where are you listening to your EAMS
View Quote

I have a metric ton of radio equipment. I am not currently listening to them. I have in the past, but there is no information to be gained from their frequency, at least none that I can gather. I spent a lot of time when there were no world events and there are times the amount and frequency of EAM's go out. They are cool to listen to as are the classic clandestine numbers stations. I do not mention it in these threads much because people like to listen to them. I have the equipment here to listen from ELF to 10Ghz including EME communications.

Skyking Skyking do not respond........  12 56 17 9 9 9 18 41

Those are always cool and spooky.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 9:00:25 PM EDT
[#33]
E-6B Mercury airborne over New Mexico, flying a race track pattern.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 9:00:48 PM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes

Link Posted: 2/23/2022 9:00:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By mnd6563:
There is a Azur Air Boeing 777 #QU4490 airliner inbound to Kyiv airport from the Dominican Republic.  Arrival time 3:59am!!!!  They might want to divert...
View Quote

Oh shit
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 9:00:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Bluegrasscardinal:

View Quote
Put a case of pmags down and see who bites.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 9:01:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By outofbattery:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56204/893E01C1-2A70-4700-A4FF-3DDA107EA0A0_jpe-2290771.JPG

View Quote

Let’s hope that many a Ka-52 gets a buttfucking from those.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 9:01:34 PM EDT
[#38]

Here is the interview with Blinken.....he seems to affirm Holt's question about invading Ukraine tonight, then walks it back to "we don't really know when"
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 9:01:38 PM EDT
[#39]
TUAF601 did indeed start a northerly turn at Odessa. I think we can safely assume this bird is landing at UKBB as well.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 9:01:53 PM EDT
[#40]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56204/893E01C1-2A70-4700-A4FF-3DDA107EA0A0_jpe-2290771.JPG

View All Quotes

Link Posted: 2/23/2022 9:01:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By PissedMick:

Yeah, my opinion on Turks has gone up tremendously.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Element94:
Those A400 pilots have balls of titanium.

The Turks are cunts. There is a reason they were dropped from the F-35 program. And are/were cozying up to Russia for S-500’s.

Maybe the Turkish relationship with Ukraine is more important than with Russia at the moment, but make no mistake. They are not close friends with the West either, much less the U.S., NATO membership notwithstanding.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 9:01:58 PM EDT
[#42]
View Quote

Not US boots. Maybe some other countries and maybe Mercs.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 9:02:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By mnd6563:
View Quote

The Dom Rep would be a nice place to turn around and go back to.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 9:05:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: castlebravo84] [#44]

View All Quotes

Nah, those have ejection seats.  Use the stingers on Mi-8s full of commies.

Shocking video: Mi-17 helicopter was shot down in Syria
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 9:05:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By binthere:

The Turks are cunts. There is a reason they were dropped from the F-35 program. And are/were cozying up to Russia for S-500’s.

Maybe the Turkish relationship with Ukraine is more important than with Russia at the moment, but make no mistake. They are not close friends with the West either, much less the U.S., NATO membership notwithstanding.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By binthere:
Originally Posted By Element94:
Those A400 pilots have balls of titanium.

Turks are trash.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 9:05:35 PM EDT
[#46]
View Quote

What do you mean
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 9:05:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 9:06:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By realwar:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDAZGXShCDw
View Quote

Guess that depends on what your definition is?

I mean if you're gonna get pushed before hand, might as well do the thing.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 9:06:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Smokey0844] [#49]
Double tap
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 9:06:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Take us to DEFCON 3
Get onto SAC
Tell em to flush the bombers!

Seriously guys, we'll wake up in the morning to more "imminent" talk.  Or not, we will see...
Page / 5590
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 169 of 5590)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top