Quoted:

They are fun to watch.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Lions started 1-6 and not only could they potentially be playing a de facto playoff game in week 18, but they would be a pick 'em on a neutral field vs the Packers with Rodgers starting.

Most. Bizarre. Season. Ever.

Sucks the lions lost last weekend.

They are fun to watch.

I hope the Lions make the postseason.  If they do they'll likely play a team they beat by 11 points in the Wild Card and if they win that then in the Divisional they'll likely play a team that needed a pick 6 to beat them by 3 points and that was back when the Lions sucked.
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 3:47:26 PM EDT
[#2]
That +700 value bet on Bosa winning DPOY back in November looks like it will pay off.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 3:53:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Too bad he wasn’t hitting the opponent’s D-line like he shoved his backup QB.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This get posted yet?

Too bad he wasn’t hitting the opponent’s D-line like he shoved his backup QB.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 4:04:37 PM EDT
[#4]

Decided to go back in time and check the numbers myself. The largest number of incompletions when targeting a single receiver, in any single season since 2000, is Chris Chambers (MIA) in 2006. There were 95 incompletions. He had just a 38% catch rate.

Other highlights (or lowlights):
Amani Toomer with 89 incompletions in 2004. Eli's rookie season.
Plaxico Burress with 90 incompletions in 2005. Eli's 2nd season.
Reggie Wayne with 89 incompletions in 2012. Andrew Luck's rookie season.

Edit: For Winston in the Tweet, that was his 2nd season. His rookie season he had 72 incompletions when targeting Evans.

Basically, Derek Carr is currently being compared to Eli Manning, Andrew Luck and Jameis Winston's rookie and sophomore seasons in the NFL. You don't want that. That's a bad comparison to be associated with.
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 4:09:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Is Vegas in the market for Rodgers? What kinda draft capital do they have left to give up? We'll take Waller, a 1st and 2d please.
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 4:14:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Is Vegas in the market for Rodgers? What kinda draft capital do they have left to give up? We'll take Waller, a 1st and 2d please.
View Quote
You think Rodgers still has high end draft value? With his boat anchor contract and performance this season?

Link Posted: 12/28/2022 4:18:14 PM EDT
[#7]

You are like rainman when it comes to gambling.
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 4:19:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

This offseason if the Packers would've traded Rodgers to the Broncos (like the Broncos wanted) they could've gotten multiple first rounders and probably multiple second rounders too.

Rodgers turns 40 next season and will likely be coming off the worst season of his career.  I'm afraid that ship has sailed.
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 4:21:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
You think Rodgers still has high end draft value? With his boat anchor contract and performance this season?

https://media1.tenor.com/images/921ac349f8c6c924b119fdb17bdeadd3/tenor.gif?itemid=15240488
View Quote

Quoted:

This offseason if the Packers would've traded Rodgers to the Broncos (like the Broncos wanted) they could've gotten multiple first rounders and probably multiple second rounders too.

Rodgers turns 40 next season and will likely be coming off the worst season of his career.  I'm afraid that ship has sailed.
View Quote

They have a chance to put Rodgers and Davante back together. And a really dumb head coach and owner.
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 4:31:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

This is shaping up to be my most profitable NFL season ever in large part due to value bets.  Chalk it up to me taking advantage of the wackiest and most unpredictable NFL season ever.
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 4:35:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

This is shaping up to be my most profitable NFL season ever in large part due to value bets.  Chalk it up to me taking advantage of the wackiest and most unpredictable NFL season ever.
View Quote

Spend it in good health.
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 4:36:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/28/2022 4:40:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

They have a chance to put Rodgers and Davante back together. And a really dumb head coach and owner.
View Quote

The only way Rodgers is getting traded at this point is if the Packers throw in pick(s) with him to offset eating his cap hit.
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 4:46:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The only way Rodgers is getting traded at this point is if the Packers throw in pick(s) with him to offset eating his cap hit.
View Quote

He's still worth something. Packers management have made some nice personnel pickups and draft moves. I hope they aren't considering trading Love.
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 4:53:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
Right now, there is zero incentive for Rodgers to take a pay cut on a restructure since the money is guaranteed, so the only other option is for the Packers to eat it. Restructure with no change in compensation but change the method of payment. Packers pay out a portion of the contract and eat the dead cap hit in exchange for better trade value (draft picks) or to just make the trade happen at all.
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 4:57:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

He's still worth something. Packers management have made some nice personnel pickups and draft moves. I hope they aren't considering trading Love.
View Quote

What Happens if the Packers Trade Aaron Rodgers?

Rodgers does not have a no trade clause in his contract so he could be traded to a team as well.  The timing of the option should give the Packers all the way until the end of training camp to move him. The cap charge here would depend on when he was traded. If Rodgers were to be traded prior to June 1st the Packers would take on a $40,313,750 cap hit in 2023. If he was traded after June 1st it would be a $15,833,570 cap hit in 2023 with $24,480,000 due in 2024. This assumes that the Packers did not exercise the option before the trade. If the option is exercised then the trade number spikes to nearly $100 million. There should be no need to exercise the option until the last possible day.

For the team acquiring Rodgers they would be on the hook for the salary for the year. The cap charge would be $59,515,000 if they do not exercise his option and $15.79 million if they were to exercise the option. Rodgers has an injury guarantee of $49.25 million for 2024 but that does not become fully guaranteed until 5 days after the 2023 Super Bowl. If Rodgers was cut after 2023 it would cost the team $43.725 million on the 2024 cap. If he retired they could split that as $14.575 million in 2024 and $29.15 million in 2025 using a similar June 2nd date as mentioned above in the retirement option.

So what is exactly is a 40 YO QB having the worst season of his career worth with that considered?
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 5:16:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

McDaniels will want Jimmy G if SF still wants to sell him.
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 5:28:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

McDaniels will want Jimmy G if SF still wants to sell him.
View Quote

I think? Jimmy G signed a 1 year contract with San Francisco last offseason, and at the end of this season becomes an unrestricted free agent.
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 6:30:08 PM EDT
[#19]

Link Posted: 12/28/2022 6:36:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Soooo many teams needing QBs next year.
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 7:16:07 PM EDT
[#21]
So Wentz is the starter for the Skins/Football team/commanders for Sunday's game.
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 7:40:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Bets against his home town team.
That is WRONG TO DO.
WRONG I SAY.
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 7:43:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

That is WRONG TO DO.
WRONG I SAY.
View Quote

Arfcom has the unique aspect of being realistic about how good or bad their team is.

HK just takes advantage of this and the fact that yhe Coeboys are almost always overrated.

I think pretty much all of the regulars think their team won't make it because of a huge flaw or set of flaws.

As opposed to everywhere else where everyone thinks their team is going to the SuperBowl.
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 8:51:40 PM EDT
[#24]
I was looking at long shot Super Bowl bets and was giving the Packers some consideration at 50/1.  First thing I had to determine was the likelihood they even make the postseason.  

I kept seeing people talk about how the Packers control their own destiny, but looking at the standings that didn’t seem right to me.  So I ran the numbers and, yup, it’s wrong.  They do NOT control their destiny.  I’m not sure where people are getting that they do.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 9:08:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I was looking at long shot Super Bowl bets and was giving the Packers some consideration at 50/1.  First thing I had to determine was the likelihood they even make the postseason.  

I kept seeing people talk about how the Packers control their own destiny, but looking at the standings that didn't seem right to me.  So I ran the numbers and, yup, it's wrong.  They do NOT control their destiny.  I'm not sure where people are getting that they do.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/1C5B59C1-70E5-4EB9-8E55-75191FADEC25_jpe-2652334.JPG
View Quote

They need the Commanders to drop 1 game between the Browns or Cowboys, or for the Giants to lose two.

ETA- they also need to win 2.
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 9:18:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

They need the Commanders to drop 1 game between the Browns or Cowboys, or for the Giants to lose two.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I kept seeing people talk about how the Packers control their own destiny, but looking at the standings that didn't seem right to me.  So I ran the numbers and, yup, it's wrong.  They do NOT control their destiny.  I'm not sure where people are getting that they do.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/1C5B59C1-70E5-4EB9-8E55-75191FADEC25_jpe-2652334.JPG

If the Packers do make the postseason it is likely they’ll be @49ers for the Wild Card and if they win that they’ll be @Eagles for the Divisonal.

Godspeed.
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 9:50:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 10:13:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

@Bennjammin

“Where I’m from dey empty da clip.”
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

WAT

@Bennjammin

“Where I’m from dey empty da clip.”

dez better watch his back.

what an odd signing. I know Norman was ring chasing for a bit, but panthers practice squad!?
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 10:25:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Oh yea, the commies are also starting Wentz.
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 10:56:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Carr had the 2nd longest consecutive start streak among active QBs.  And with Brady likely retiring, Carr was set to have the longest streak with no one else even close.

Hell of a way for the streak to end.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 12:42:17 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
It’s easy to rip on Carr, but not many QBs are going to be able to win with this:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/57F3170D-CAA8-4232-B7B5-61D0A7BF31A9_jpe-2651964.JPG
View Quote

That doesn't help, but in 9 seasons, Carr only had two with a QBR of 60+, and he never broke 65.

The flip side is, he only had 3 seasons with a QBR below 50, and two of those were his first two seasons in the league.

He's a reliable starter quality QB with limited upside, but he falls apart in cold weather.

All four NFC South teams and 3 of 4 AFC South teams should be reaching out to Vegas after the Super Bowl to see what they want for him.
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 12:44:41 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Arfcom has the unique aspect of being realistic about how good or bad their team is.

HK just takes advantage of this and the fact that yhe Coeboys are almost always overrated.

I think pretty much all of the regulars think their team won't make it because of a huge flaw or set of flaws.

As opposed to everywhere else where everyone thinks their team is going to the SuperBowl.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is WRONG TO DO.
WRONG I SAY.

With the trajectory of this season, I'm fully prepared for a year that ends with the Bills losing the Super Bowl to a 49ers team lead by a QB nobody heard of a month ago. Because that's the direction this thing seems to be going.
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 12:45:48 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

With the trajectory of this season, I'm fully prepared for a year that ends with the Bills losing the Super Bowl to a 49ers team lead by a QB nobody heard of a month ago. Because that's the direction this thing seems to be going.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is WRONG TO DO.
WRONG I SAY.

You're probably right.
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 12:50:40 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is WRONG TO DO.
WRONG I SAY.

The Super Bowl is the biggest favorite from the AFC vs the 2nd biggest favorite from the NFC?

FAR too normal an ending to this season.
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 12:51:10 AM EDT
[#35]
The Cowboys, after everyone and their mother said their season was over after week 1, winning the Super Bowl seems like a far more appropriate end to the wackiest and most unpredictable season in NFL history.
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 6:19:53 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
The Cowboys, after everyone and their mother said their season was over after week 1, winning the Super Bowl seems like a far more appropriate end to the wackiest and most unpredictable season in NFL history.
View Quote

Think of the blood that would boil here throughout the playoffs.
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 10:50:06 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

The Super Bowl is the biggest favorite from the AFC vs the 2nd biggest favorite from the NFC?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is WRONG TO DO.
WRONG I SAY.

The issue here is that the 9'ers are the 2nd biggest favorite in the NFC despite going into the playoffs with either a rando 7th round rookie QB or an injured Jimmy G.
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 11:34:16 AM EDT
[#38]
If the cowboys win the superbowl... I will be single again....
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 12:08:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 12:24:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

I’m down for them in the super bowl to watch the world burn. Then we can argue if Dak is elite or not.
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 12:28:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

The issue here is that the 9'ers are the 2nd biggest favorite in the NFC despite going into the playoffs with either a rando 7th round rookie QB or an injured Jimmy G.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is WRONG TO DO.
WRONG I SAY.

That still sounds kind of normal.

How bout Jags Vs Panthers in the SuperBowl?
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 12:35:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/29/2022 12:36:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 12:40:43 PM EDT
[#44]

Yes.

That's why it would happen this year.
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 12:41:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is WRONG TO DO.
WRONG I SAY.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/29/2022 1:36:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/29/2022 1:44:24 PM EDT
[#47]

For a better comparison I ran the number of games played and sacks per game for each:
Wilson: 169 games, 2.8 sacks per game
Ryan: 156 games, 2.6 sacks per game
Tannehill: 134 games, 2.9 sacks per game
Stafford: 152 games, 2.5 sacks per game

And for shits and giggles:
Rodgers: 156 games, 349 sacks, 2.2 sacks per game
Cousins: 140 games, 296 sacks, 2.1 sacks per game
Brady: 179 games, 298 sacks, 1.7 sacks per game
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 1:52:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Oh thank fucking god. Bears CEO/President, of the last 39 years, Ted Phillips is retiring. Big Ten Commissioner Kevin Warren is an early top candidate for the job.
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 2:01:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

For a better comparison I ran the number of games played and sacks per game for each:
Wilson: 169 games, 2.8 sacks per game
Ryan: 156 games, 2.6 sacks per game
Tannehill: 134 games, 2.9 sacks per game
Stafford: 152 games, 2.5 sacks per game

And for shits and giggles:
Rodgers: 156 games, 349 sacks, 2.2 sacks per game
Cousins: 140 games, 296 sacks, 2.1 sacks per game
Brady: 179 games, 298 sacks, 1.7 sacks per game
View Quote

Now compare those to how long each holds the ball.
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 2:03:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Oh thank fucking god. Bears CEO/President, of the last 39 years, Ted Phillips is retiring. Big Ten Commissioner Kevin Warren is an early top candidate for the job.
View Quote

Lol, my kid was on a Zoom call with Warren the other day.
Page / 647
Top Top