Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 32
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 9:51:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
But can you shoot the IWI Carmel by the sea?  
View Quote

Clint Eastwood can
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 9:54:05 AM EDT
[#3]

Need to see the MKE first, but that is interesting
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 9:55:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yup. Wide handguard and standard angle grip, it might be okay. They got close....kinda

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/53395/DSC_0862a_jpg-2675176.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That PTR-63 looks a lot like the HK G41.  The dual upper/lower stock pins, the bolt and mag releases seem to match the G41 design.

Honestly, if they ditch that retarded muh-operator-tactical 10-degree grip angle for something in the 25-35 degree range it'd look more normal.  PTR's Mlok handguards also don't do it for me, but that appears to be a standard HK93 carbine length one, easy to replace.

Dunno, could be a winner.

Yup. Wide handguard and standard angle grip, it might be okay. They got close....kinda

This.

They put the wrong furniture on as the "flagship reveal", but otherwise seem to have nailed the G41 vibe.

I am already strategizing how to afford one, because there aren't any G41s to buy, I like roller locks, but don't want to fuck with HK33 type (or any other type) mags.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 10:43:01 AM EDT
[#5]
I'll get one either way, bc it is different, but I just think they could have had an out of the park homer if they would have stuck with the 33 entirely. People buying these guns are doing it bc they want stanag compatibility, well at least most aren't. We want them bc of nostalgia, clone worthiness, SOMETHING that isn't an AR or takes AR accessories.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 10:44:14 AM EDT
[#6]
And I'm sure we will figure out how to get a regular lower/trigger to work. Which is another point, PTR's usually are sear friendly, I doubt this will be.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 10:55:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
And I'm sure we will figure out how to get a regular lower/trigger to work. Which is another point, PTR's usually are sear friendly, I doubt this will be.
View Quote

https://www.ptr-us.com/product/ptr-63/

"ACTION   Semi-automatic (Host ready for NFA-registered, auto sear pack)"
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 11:01:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Good lord that PTR is ugly as shit
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 11:03:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Good lord that PTR is ugly as shit
View Quote

It really is.  Not sure what the thought was.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 11:07:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Smith & Wesson M&P 5.7

- 22 rd capacity
- Internal hammer
- Optics ready (no plate)
- New flat face trigger design

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-lyE22ekM8
View Quote

Pretty cool from S&W, but I still don't see the need for a 5.7, especially when ammo is few and far between.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 11:08:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

2. Does anybody make an AR grip that looks like an HK grip?
View Quote
The OG Ergo is pretty reminiscent of a G3 grip.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 11:12:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Pretty cool from S&W, but I still don't see the need for a 5.7, especially when ammo is few and far between.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Smith & Wesson M&P 5.7

- 22 rd capacity
- Internal hammer

Ammo companies: "We don't see the need for increasing 5.7 production, especially when guns chambered for it are few and far between."
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 11:15:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Come on baby show me the Carmel!

Link Posted: 1/17/2023 11:16:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

That looks awesome.

Lets just hope PSA is cranking out more 5.7 ammo.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Smith & Wesson M&P 5.7

- 22 rd capacity
- Internal hammer

That looks awesome.

Lets just hope PSA is cranking out more 5.7 ammo.

With Ruger and S&W making major investments into 5.7 firearms in the last couple years, I think it's a safe bet we're going to see more than FN, Federal AE, and PSA/AAC making token amounts of ammo.

I'd expect other Vista companies (Federal, CCI, Remington, Speer) to kick out other loads soon, and larger international brands like S&B, PPU, or Magtech might not be far behind.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 11:18:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Ammo companies: "We don't see the need for increasing 5.7 production, especially when guns chambered for it are few and far between."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Smith & Wesson M&P 5.7

- 22 rd capacity
- Internal hammer

PSA/AAC: "Hold my beer and watch this!"
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 11:18:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
This.

They put the wrong furniture on as the "flagship reveal", but otherwise seem to have nailed the G41 vibe.

I am already strategizing how to afford one, because there aren't any G41s to buy, I like roller locks, but don't want to fuck with HK33 type (or any other type) mags.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That PTR-63 looks a lot like the HK G41.  The dual upper/lower stock pins, the bolt and mag releases seem to match the G41 design.

Honestly, if they ditch that retarded muh-operator-tactical 10-degree grip angle for something in the 25-35 degree range it'd look more normal.  PTR's Mlok handguards also don't do it for me, but that appears to be a standard HK93 carbine length one, easy to replace.

This.

But but... Arfcom Gee Dee says it's not good because it doesn't use obscure surplus mags.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 11:19:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

2. Does anybody make an AR grip that looks like an HK grip?

Definitely comes closer than the grip PTR is using in their pictures.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 11:23:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

But but... Arfcom Gee Dee says it's not good because it doesn't use obscure surplus mags.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Wasn't somebody making a kit to mod the mag well to accept AR mags, for people building from an HK parts kit?
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 11:28:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Not every gun has to be for HSLD Tactical Timmy. Its a competition focused gun from a competition focused custom shop.
View Quote

No it doesn’t, and there are plenty of models from them that are not, so why are you upset that others want more optic ready options from them?
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 11:29:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Wasn't somebody making a kit to mod the mag well to accept AR mags, for people building from an HK parts kit?
View Quote
Yes and I think Jeff (ghilliebear/Parabellum Combat Systems) has recently done a run of 41 clones. They're cool in their own right, just not mine, and obviously from the comments, others desire.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 11:31:11 AM EDT
[#21]
A curveball from Henry:

They are making a 9mm semiauto PCC called the "Homesteader."

Like the Ruger PC Carbine, it uses a mag well adapter system. There's one for a new Henry mag, one for Glock mags, and one that uses M&P or P320 mags.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2023/01/16/shot-2023-henry-usas-new-semiauto-9mm-carbine-homesteader/
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 11:32:39 AM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

Not bad, not bad at all.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 11:33:17 AM EDT
[#23]
I....negotiated..... a spot with Kahr Firearms to get into the show.

Never been here before, so what should I do, and where should I go?
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 11:33:39 AM EDT
[#24]
And here's the Taurus revolver that has a Holosun K footprint mount:

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2023/01/16/shot-2023-lots-new-revolvers-taurus-rossi/
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 11:35:07 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

The main issues is that digital night vision requires a lot more ambient light than intensifier tubes. The majority of the $60 NV cameras use IR flood light as well which is not passive. Those $60 NV cameras really only can see in the dark as far as the IR light can throw.
View Quote

It does now, but won't for long.

The HIGH END stuff soon will be just as good as typical, original night vision. The demos I've seen are truly incredible : They're shooting daytime quality 4k videos at midnight while very overcast.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 11:37:32 AM EDT
[#26]
The PTR 63 is ugly, but that’s moot if their builders still don’t know how to make guns with proper bolt gap.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 11:43:26 AM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

Oh, wow.  Didn't expect that, nice!
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 11:46:21 AM EDT
[#28]
View Quote
Make a VP9 or 92 magwell adapter, and I'm in.

Geez this SHOT will be expensive for me.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 11:48:13 AM EDT
[#29]

Come on S&W.  Where you at?
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 11:48:28 AM EDT
[#30]
View Quote

Oh Snap.  I like this.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 11:49:35 AM EDT
[#31]

I dig it but WTF is that rear sight doing there? That isn't how ghost rings work my dudes.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 11:51:05 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I dig it but WTF is that rear sight doing there? That isn't how ghost rings work my dudes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Probably a compromise on how to get an optics rail mounted on the receiver.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 11:51:30 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Smith & Wesson M&P 5.7

- 22 rd capacity
- Internal hammer

View Quote

Sorta want
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 11:52:19 AM EDT
[#34]
Shot show starts today.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 12:00:43 PM EDT
[#35]
DEADAIR Mojave-9
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 12:03:42 PM EDT
[#36]
View Quote

Oh snap!
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 12:07:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Not bad, not bad at all.
View Quote

Hardly wait to see them advertised in "Our Wisconsin" magazine...that should give Evers & Kaul fits...
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 12:11:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Market is already saturated, with more than enough options to fit all needs. The industry and their marketing is becoming ridiculous.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 12:14:40 PM EDT
[#39]
View Quote

Not bad, people will be ticked they're making a new gun and not pumping out .357 leverguns though.
Here's a comment from that link-
"One day I'll get my Henry American made SxS shotgun. One day...."

I want a coach gun and pump action rifles! 17" threaded pump .44 with a pistol grip would probably be a buy now for me. An arfcommer said Henry showed him a prototype revolver during a tour.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 12:25:25 PM EDT
[#40]
According to Magpul and Zev, their wacky folding FDP-9/FDC-9 is in final testing and production planning for a 2023 release.

It’s been two years since we announced the partnership between ZEV Technologies and Magpul to create the Folding Defensive Pistol and the Folding Defensive Carbine. We’re pivoting to final testing and production planning, and the plan is for the FDP-9 and FDC-9 to be available through ZEV Technologies in 2023. The classification of the FDP-9 means you’ll be able to purchase it like any other handgun, while the FDC-9 is classified as a short-barreled rifle. You’ll be able to convert your FDP to an FDC with an added conversion part after you receive your approved form 1, or by purchasing it as a factory SBR with an approved form 4.

Testing and producing a project of this scale is a huge part of the process that can’t be rushed. Unlike the original folding concept firearm, which merely allowed the demonstration of an idea, the FDP-9 is a complete redesign of that concept meant to increase durability, reliability, practicality, and to incorporate important safety features and regulatory compliance features necessary to create a very real and usable firearm. We’re preparing for the release in 2023 and we’re looking forward to sharing the final product that so many have waited for since the concept was first shown more than a decade ago.
View Quote
https://magpul.com/fdp-fdc
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 12:25:59 PM EDT
[#41]
SIG Sauer's MCX-Spear They will start shipping the .308 version first towards the end of February. MSRP $4,199

SIG Sauer MCX-Spear -- SHOT Show 2023

SIG MCX Spear now available in 6.5 Creedmoor

SIG MCX Spear now available in 6.5 Creedmoor
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 12:30:55 PM EDT
[#42]
That's cool but it seems you could get it even lower if you moved it to the barrel just past the frame. Would that be an engineering no-no?
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 12:33:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Ummm what is this that Palmetto is making!Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 12:35:27 PM EDT
[#44]
https://iwi.us/product/csr16/

IWI Carmel US-version.  MSRP at $1800.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Kinda tired of the 10-degree grip angle shit being a thing now.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 12:41:12 PM EDT
[#45]
View Quote

Is that a .22 bore?

This reminds me of the Umarex Stg-44s that came in the wooden crates 10 years ago.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 12:42:06 PM EDT
[#46]
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

God damn I love PSA
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 12:42:28 PM EDT
[#47]
I know nothing, just saw that picture. Im gonna guess its an STG44 clone that fires 5.56 or something similar.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 12:42:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Is that a .22 bore?

This reminds me of the Umarex Stg-44s that came in the wooden crates 10 years ago.
View Quote

It’s 5.56, 300BO and 7.92 Kurtz
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 12:44:32 PM EDT
[#49]

Despite being almost entirely plastic, this thing weighs over 8 lbs in bare form and costs ~$1,800?

I can kind of understand the cost, but the weight seems bad.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 12:44:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Anything from surefire yet?
Page / 32
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top