Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 10/22/2023 4:34:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Just fed up with the bs and done biting my tongue.

No patience for patience here.
Link Posted: 10/22/2023 4:44:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Low post count on a paid account checking in!

Some peeps come here for lulz and info. Oh and black Friday threads.
Link Posted: 10/22/2023 6:26:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was a daily contributor to this site from 1999 until about 2011.  12 years!  Then I had advanced into some national roles in my career, traveling and working constantly, got married, had a wife and two stepkids to prioritize.  I also burned out on Obama's bullshit.....we could always commiserate about all his team's fuckery on this site, but I just got burned out it was getting so pervasive and just fucking nuts, with nothing we could really do about it.

Kids launched successfully, and as Obama's rule drew to a close, I renewed my membership about 2018 or so and started to get more involved again.  

But the membership has deteriorated significantly.  We have so many "conservatives" here now, who, when they join the deep discussions, are clearly leftists, commies, and statists, that it blows my fucking mind.  It's like the most recent generation or two who have joined the site, are fucking clueless.......or malevolent.  

The site operation has deteriorated as well.  I recently got an account warning that really just didn't make any logical sense.  Either people have a limited grasp of the finer points of written comprehension, or the "reason" was just stitched together and acting on the complaint of a low IQ social warrior looking for the slightest hook to complain about.  Regardless, you might as well express your opinion on a modern college campus at this point, because we get the same results.  Accused of a violation of some form of Political Correctness, and Censored.  

So, I will be participating less again.  My posting is going to drop off, a bunch.  I'm tired of arguing with people who think we should all be sacrificing our kids and grandkids financial future to fund the elites trust funds, and fund the use of corrupt proxies to continue the Obama team's dream of militarily and socially defeating the second largest White Christian nation outside of the United States in their multi-decade pursuit of a global defeat of the Advanced Western Civilization that that demographic built.  I'm tired of "you've been here long enough to know you can't refer to black people as Amish", when I didn't.  Let the butthurt leftists, thug apologists, and government information warfare types run all the long time contributors off, and supervise the site based on political correctness and low IQ interpretations of the written word.  It can only increasingly dumb down the content across the site and continue to divide and conquer rational people among the Bill of Rights supporting, America loving, Western Civilization participators that this site used to be for.  Eventually, the original demographic will all be gone.  Replaced with a different membership.  It is a consequence of going "for profit".  It has to mirror society to continue.  

From the perspective of a right leaning, but more libertarian than Republican, white male American Christian who is 100% accepting of people of all races, colors, creed, religion, etc. BUT has a specific set of beliefs about what constitutes proper individual and group behavior in a peaceful and progressive society, underpinned by Personal Responsibility and the Bill of Rights, society is sliding off the cliff.  It is being driven there by the political class with the help of government, NGOs, and SJWs utilizing Fascist media tactics, Propaganda, and political correctness.  Because it has to cater to broader society for it's continued existence and success, to an extent this site reflects that trend.    

There are likely places on the internet that will draw a line in the sand, and say "the constant societal push by and toward the left into censorship and regressive insanity ends right here for us, we will hold the line right here", but this site isn't it.  For many of us, this is extremely disappointing, as this was our cultural stronghold, our redoubt.  But it isn't any longer, and it cannot be because the establishment that is driving the slide into oblivion, has absolute control of the infrastructure that hosts it.  

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/22/2023 7:26:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Exactly this.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
For me I had an interaction early on with someone who was way too freaking cool for me to even be around, let alone post alongside. So, I just left and I spent most of my time on two other forums that had less douche bags to deal with.

It doesn’t seem to have changed much, but the news aggregation and perspectives here are too valuable to ignore.

I just don’t post much anywhere, but since I’ve been back here, what little effort I do use to post gets done here.

Exactly this.

yep -- the above highlighted

there is life outside of AR15.com.   cool site -- but not the be-all / end-all.   taking a break can be a good thing.  

Link Posted: 10/22/2023 7:38:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Old accounts getting hacked.
View Quote

^^^
Link Posted: 10/22/2023 7:45:06 PM EDT
[#6]
I am not a Bot.

Link Posted: 10/22/2023 7:45:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Some people have lives outside the internet.
Link Posted: 10/22/2023 7:59:29 PM EDT
[#8]
I’ve been here a long time.

Listen to what I say because I’m presumably old.
Link Posted: 10/22/2023 8:00:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Some people have lives outside the internet.
View Quote
I feel like I have wasted so much time here over the years. When I see people who have joined within the last 5-10 years, with tens of thousands of posts, I wonder how they do it.
Link Posted: 10/22/2023 8:14:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/22/2023 8:14:49 PM EDT
[#11]
I really like a good old ass kicking internet fist fight…..but that won’t happen over here. Politics and religion are pretty much the same these
days. Falfiles has a more homogenous group of old farts to fight with in a very lightly moderated ring…..but I do like to peruse the boards and
the EE….
Link Posted: 10/22/2023 8:23:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Pre-ban squabbles and cross forum disputes always result in Sus accounts. This place had more than a few of 'em. Early 2001 post the "All your base are belong to us!" javascript on "another forum," there was a huge uptick in registered user count. There was also the "Don't mess with us homie, we have fucking grenades" dispute that DDOSed the place offline and again resulted in another uptick in usercount.

Over the years, there's always been just as many enemies as friends registered and posting.

Some folks just be trollin' same as it ever was.

-edit-
Don't get me wrong... There's clearly some enemy IO here too.
Link Posted: 10/22/2023 8:24:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/22/2023 8:31:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I often wonder,  how pathetic a man's life could be to have +50k post on one forum on the internet. Then I laugh at the comments regarding hacked accounts because so many of you are in disbelief that life does exist outside of the internet.
Get out of moms basement and live life a little of live a lot.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/22/2023 8:37:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Agents Trolls being ordered to be more involved .
View Quote
I noticed a serious uptick in political troll accounts for the 2008 election as both political parties and primarily the Dems realized the power of the internet and social media.

Link Posted: 10/22/2023 8:37:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Life happens, that doesn't mean your hobbies go away forever.
Link Posted: 10/22/2023 8:46:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
So you are telling me someone will buy this account from me? Does the EE feedback bring a premium?
View Quote

Yeah, for real??
Who knew?

My join date and super low post count can be ALL YOURS for this LOW, LOW Price!!!

Link Posted: 10/22/2023 8:51:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Well now I finally regret not having dupe accounts.
Link Posted: 10/22/2023 8:57:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I was a daily contributor to this site from 1999 until about 2011.  12 years!  Then I had advanced into some national roles in my career, traveling and working constantly, got married, had a wife and two stepkids to prioritize.  I also burned out on Obama's bullshit.....we could always commiserate about all his team's fuckery on this site, but I just got burned out it was getting so pervasive and just fucking nuts, with nothing we could really do about it.

Kids launched successfully, and as Obama's rule drew to a close, I renewed my membership about 2018 or so and started to get more involved again.  

But the membership has deteriorated significantly.  We have so many "conservatives" here now, who, when they join the deep discussions, are clearly leftists, commies, and statists, that it blows my fucking mind.  It's like the most recent generation or two who have joined the site, are fucking clueless.......or malevolent.  

The site operation has deteriorated as well.  I recently got an account warning that really just didn't make any logical sense.  Either people have a limited grasp of the finer points of written comprehension, or the "reason" was just stitched together and acting on the complaint of a low IQ social warrior looking for the slightest hook to complain about.  Regardless, you might as well express your opinion on a modern college campus at this point, because we get the same results.  Accused of a violation of some form of Political Correctness, and Censored.  

So, I will be participating less again.  My posting is going to drop off, a bunch.  I'm tired of arguing with people who think we should all be sacrificing our kids and grandkids financial future to fund the elites trust funds, and fund the use of corrupt proxies to continue the Obama team's dream of militarily and socially defeating the second largest White Christian nation outside of the United States in their multi-decade pursuit of a global defeat of the Advanced Western Civilization that that demographic built.  I'm tired of "you've been here long enough to know you can't refer to black people as Amish", when I didn't.  Let the butthurt leftists, thug apologists, and government information warfare types run all the long time contributors off, and supervise the site based on political correctness and low IQ interpretations of the written word.  It can only increasingly dumb down the content across the site and continue to divide and conquer rational people among the Bill of Rights supporting, America loving, Western Civilization participators that this site used to be for.  Eventually, the original demographic will all be gone.  Replaced with a different membership.  It is a consequence of going "for profit".  It has to mirror society to continue.  

From the perspective of a right leaning, but more libertarian than Republican, white male American Christian who is 100% accepting of people of all races, colors, creed, religion, etc. BUT has a specific set of beliefs about what constitutes proper individual and group behavior in a peaceful and progressive society, underpinned by Personal Responsibility and the Bill of Rights, society is sliding off the cliff.  It is being driven there by the political class with the help of government, NGOs, and SJWs utilizing Fascist media tactics, Propaganda, and political correctness.  Because it has to cater to broader society for it's continued existence and success, to an extent this site reflects that trend.    

There are likely places on the internet that will draw a line in the sand, and say "the constant societal push by and toward the left into censorship and regressive insanity ends right here for us, we will hold the line right here", but this site isn't it.  For many of us, this is extremely disappointing, as this was our cultural stronghold, our redoubt.  But it isn't any longer, and it cannot be because the establishment that is driving the slide into oblivion, has absolute control of the infrastructure that hosts it.  

View Quote

Nailed it.
Link Posted: 10/22/2023 8:57:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Because, years ago, life was good…

Now, you have to hope for the best, in a really bad world…
Link Posted: 10/22/2023 8:58:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Wait what......
Link Posted: 10/22/2023 9:00:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I often wonder,  how pathetic a man's life could be to have +50k post on one forum on the internet. Then I laugh at the comments regarding hacked accounts because so many of you are in disbelief that life does exist outside of the internet.
Get out of moms basement and live life a little of live a lot.

Life exists outside of the internet, but also on the internet with folks you meet online and even......gasp.....go meet them in real life!
Link Posted: 10/22/2023 9:05:08 PM EDT
[#23]
I don’t know
Link Posted: 10/22/2023 9:13:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Based on the timing, the all of a sudden frequency of posts, the fact that they only post in controverial threads, and their leftist views....I'm going with old accounts being hacked.

Add in the 20+'ers, we're in a lefty sammich.

Link Posted: 10/22/2023 9:24:53 PM EDT
[#25]
20 years ago was 2 years after 9/11. Some of us were just busy. Now we’re older with more time on our hands.

In some cases, maybe some of us just don’t feel the need to live on the internet. Or when we read something, don’t always feel we have anything to contribute, whereas others seem to like to hear themselves talk all the time and contribute even when they have nothing meaningful to say.
Link Posted: 10/22/2023 9:27:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
20 years ago was 2 years after 9/11. Some of us were just busy. Now we’re older with more time on our hands.

In some cases, maybe some of us just don’t feel the need to live on the internet. Or when we read something, don’t always feel we have anything to contribute, whereas others seem to like to hear themselves talk all the time and contribute even when they have nothing meaningful to say.
View Quote

So far, I don't think there is anyone participating in the thread that fits the profile the OP was talking about.
Link Posted: 10/22/2023 9:30:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Got DAMN!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/22/2023 9:40:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Well maybe the account holders do not feel the need to post every fucking piece of their daily lives.
Look at some the enormous post counts some posters have. Christ, put the phone down and go do something.

Link Posted: 10/22/2023 9:49:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Not an old low post account and not a retread.

I lurked off and on around the start of the COVID craziness.

Posting to say that my old forum which has fallen off hard has also had a minor rash of old dormant accounts showing up. Can't say that I have seen any particular political push though.

And some of it could be time of life for those of us who were first active on forums vs. other social media. Husband deceased, daughter mostly grown, and I like the *more* open discourse on Twitter, but the big platforms are harder to follow vs. a forum IMO.
Link Posted: 10/22/2023 11:12:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
My account has not been hacked or sold.
I would bet the majority of old posters suddenly posting, are situations similar to mine. Just fed up with everything going on and needed somewhere to vent.

This place used to be a refuge for like minded people. It was a tight community. We could bounce ideas or thoughts off of each other. I began back in 1999. But had to create a new account a few years later.

It doesn’t appear to be the same place for the last couple of years. Most people are on the attack now.  I guess all good things come to an end.

I will go back to lurking.
View Quote

Agree with this!
Link Posted: 10/22/2023 11:50:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
The left is full of vegans, if I were to sell my account I'm sure folks would wonder what's up...
View Quote

If your posts change from the Glory of delicious smoked meats like Brisket & BBQ to the societal benefits of Tofu & Veganism - we'll all know they Hijacked your account.

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 10/22/2023 11:53:46 PM EDT
[#32]
What’s up with 13’rs and high post counts?

Bunch of fucking blabbermouths.
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 12:02:54 AM EDT
[#33]
I'm just here for the beans/no beans threads!
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 12:04:05 AM EDT
[#34]
i know of one poster who got banned from his usual haunt and reactivated his old ass account here

he convinced me to post as well and ditch that 'other' site.

you can probably guess which one it was from my location.
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 12:07:00 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Because, years ago, life was good…

Now, you have to hope for the best, in a really bad world…
View Quote

You have to make your own way and hang out with others that feel the same way.

The choice of professionals.
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 12:14:33 AM EDT
[#36]
I don't post all that much. I prefer to catch what is going on and see everyone's opinion. I post when I feel like it.

I guess this means I better change my password before someone hijacks it.
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 1:03:45 AM EDT
[#37]
im just impressed by how much some of you guys post
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 1:09:58 AM EDT
[#38]
Meh.
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 1:10:57 AM EDT
[#39]
Sounds sketchy
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 1:19:22 AM EDT
[#40]
I've been alive for 45 years. mildly following politics for the last 20+ years. there has been nothing like post jan 6 fuckery.
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 2:01:27 AM EDT
[#41]
I'm not really that much more active in hot topics than any other topic.  I'm just lazy, hence the (comparatively) low post count.
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 2:07:10 AM EDT
[#42]
Obama?

I mean, you've got the first sort of mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that's a story-book, man.

Link Posted: 10/23/2023 2:12:56 AM EDT
[#43]
Prude out of touch boomers are just too much fun to not fuck with.

Case in point.......

Quoted:

But the membership has deteriorated significantly.  We have so many "conservatives" here now, who, when they join the deep discussions, are clearly leftists, commies, and statists, that it blows my fucking mind.

View Quote

You do understand that this isn't meant to be a conservative echo chamber, right? This is a GUN/2A forum, not an exclusive hangout for y'allqueda and bible thumpers.

Also, in the same way that not participating in identity politics doesn't make one a nazi, not spouting bible verses and being critical of the dysfunctional dumpster fire the political right has become does not make one a 'leftist, commie, statist'.
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 2:17:25 AM EDT
[#44]
It was originally a fun place with great information about the AR platform that was hard to find elsewhere. Over time the better voices left, got banned or stopped posting. The signal-to-noise ratio increased. Speech restrictions and the Ukraine/Russia stuff pretty much killed the enjoyment, and other forums are better for technical info now. Arfcom has become largely pointless. The things that made it good are gone.

I'm checking in today to see how Arfcommers are reacting to the Israel/Gaza stuff, then I'll check out again.
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 2:28:37 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Post of the year
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 2:28:46 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Well maybe the account holders do not feel the need to post every fucking piece of their daily lives.
Look at some the enormous post counts some posters have. Christ, put the phone down and go do something.

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/23/2023 2:40:47 AM EDT
[#47]
I am trying to get to post 5906 so I can post gun pics in gd.

I will most likely fuck it up and waste that post on something dumb.

ETA: 4006 and 4506 were dumb posts, I don't even know what they were
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 2:57:31 AM EDT
[#48]
Lurked at this site in the late 1990's, then created an account in 2001. Tons of information and lots of people from different walks of life here. Also lots of people with short fuses as well. Have not noticed the reactivated old accounts as much as less tolerance for criticisms of the government and more support for authoritarianism; whether it comes from a reactivated account or not.

Will say that people do change in their perspective over the years and life events can cause that change as well. Perhaps being reflected in a resurgence in posting. Would agree also that hacking of an account is a possible cause of high account activity after its been dormant for some years.
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 3:30:21 AM EDT
[#49]
Sock puppets getting fisted.
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 3:32:44 AM EDT
[#50]
Not as old or as few as some obviously but...  
While there is certainly some great information here and the broad membership makes for a good news aggregator, I do my best to find other ways to spend the limited time I have left on this big blue marble.

Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top