Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thinking of Dan Quayle with "potatoe"?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I remember the Iran-Contra deal but if I recall didn't the Dems nearly crucify him for misspelling banana?
Which is a legit spelling.

Now can we get back on track?  When's Wayne Lil' Petticoat get his walking papers?  How fast can we shitcan Hammer behind him?
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 3:37:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Is Fawn Hall coming?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Didn't he take the fall for Reagan trying to protect America from communists?
Yes, he's a good guy and a great American.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/trutv/trutv.com/graphics/conspiracy/story/in-the-shadows/olmsted-gallery/oliver-north-getty-545x360.jpg
Is Fawn Hall coming?
So much to work with on this one.  Gonna stay classy though.

I think Ollie is ok.  He ain't gonna make it any worse.  So far I have no problems with this pick.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 3:37:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Oliver North

He knows how to play the politicians.

it is a needed skill and he is good at.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 3:37:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Not a bad choice, I had not heard he was even in the running. I am just a 2 year member so I have no clue what they are doing at NRA HQ.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 3:38:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I used to wonder "What the hell are they thinking". I've decided that
thinking must not really be a part of the process. What was wrong with Brownell? Did he seem like too much
of an insider? If your going to pick a figurehead, don't pick one that half the world hates. wtf. Wasn't there
an actor or a football player who could do this job?
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 3:39:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Ollie's secretary during Iran-Contra
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/IpcAAOSwxN5WYaVm/s-l300.jpg
View Quote
Whenever I see on of our admins shredding documents, I ask if they graduated from the Fawn Hall school of Shredding.  Most look at me like I'm crazy
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 3:40:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Yeah that coke money sure helped the Clintons out didn't it.
View Quote
“Our boy in Arkansas”
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 3:40:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yeah that coke money sure helped the Clintons out didn't it.
View Quote
It could be argued that with proper support and funding the Contras wouldn't have had to run drugs to stay armed.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 3:43:17 PM EDT
[#9]
That mans been killing commies before I was born.  If it upsets the gun grabbers good!  Fuck'em.  I dont give two shits laws and feels were hurt to stop commies.

I had a friend who was an advisor down south during the fun. Hes dead now.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 3:46:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Good--he's a fine man and a great patriot.  
View Quote
Agreed!  Wonder how Fawn is looking these days.....always need attractive loyal sexetary secretary
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 3:47:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I first read that as Peter North to become NRA President.
View Quote
I giggled...

Link Posted: 5/7/2018 3:48:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I remember the Iran-Contra deal but if I recall didn't the Dems nearly crucify him for misspelling banana?
That could be it.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 3:51:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Ollie was shadow Gov't.  Do not want.
View Quote
No, Ollie was actual government.  You can argue he may have been part of the Swamp/Deep State, but not that he was a democrat "fantasy government" guy like the act John Kerry is pulling now.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 3:55:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Am I going to have to see a thousand posts now about how Oliver North is a Fudd and that is "bought and paid for?"

Link Posted: 5/7/2018 3:55:19 PM EDT
[#15]
this seems like.....”a neat idea”

Link Posted: 5/7/2018 3:56:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Am I going to have to see a thousand posts now about how Oliver North is a Fudd and that is "bought and paid for?"

View Quote

As for me, it depends on whether or not he acts like a Fudd.  God, I hope not.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 4:04:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
What did he get in trouble for back in the 90's, my memory is failing me?
View Quote
I'm sorry Senator, I dont recall that event or conversation.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 4:09:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
In the words of uncle Ted.

Wango-Tango.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 4:09:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
North also got in trouble for using government funds to make improvements on his personal home.  Most of it was security related, if I recall.  Fencing, alarm, upgraded windows and doors.  Told Congress that if they had got on Abu Nidal's hit list they'd want upgraded security, too.
View Quote
Wasn't there an exchange between LTC North and Al Gore where LTC North stated that Osama bin Laden was one of the reasons he increased the security around his house and Al Gore laughed?
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 4:13:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 4:14:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
No--it was a different terrorist.  It's in his Wiki article.

Also, the funds were from a donor who was concerned for his safety, and NOT "government funds."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
North also got in trouble for using government funds to make improvements on his personal home.  Most of it was security related, if I recall.  Fencing, alarm, upgraded windows and doors.  Told Congress that if they had got on Abu Nidal's hit list they'd want upgraded security, too.
Wasn't there an exchange between LTC North and Al Gore where LTC North stated that Osama bin Laden was one of the reasons he increased the security around his house and Al Gore laughed?

Also, the funds were from a donor who was concerned for his safety, and NOT "government funds."
Abu Nidal was the terrorist in question.  Not Osama bin Laden.

ETA
Oliver North, Osama bin Laden Hoax, Iran Contra Hearings, 7/8/1987
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 4:18:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Power or no power, if all it does is cause The Left to tinkle in their panties, I love it.
View Quote
LOL  
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 4:19:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Power or no power, if all it does is cause The Left to tinkle in their panties, I love it.
View Quote
Works for me!
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 4:20:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're picking nits.  The money came from General Secord, who got it by selling arms to Iran.  Whose money was it really?  Was it General Secord's?  Was it the Iranians' money?  Since the money was earmarked for the Contras, wasn't it really the Contras' money?
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 4:21:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 4:23:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Well since the NRA is being attacked by commies, why not hire a commie killer.

Link Posted: 5/7/2018 4:29:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
Gotta love that 80's big hair!
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 4:30:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
He is that.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 4:32:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Did you stick around for the entire meeting?

I stayed for about the first hour and saw Wayne speak. For those who didn't attend his speech it had many clips of previous speeches, it almost seemed like a "best of" like he was trying to justify why he should still be around.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Figure Head Position. Pete Brownell is the current president and at the Annual Meeting on Saturday, Pete referred to Wayne LaPierre as the leader and head of the NRA. The President holds no power. Wayne LaPierre as the Executive Vice President and CEO does. The President is simply the head of the board.
Did you stick around for the entire meeting?

I stayed for about the first hour and saw Wayne speak. For those who didn't attend his speech it had many clips of previous speeches, it almost seemed like a "best of" like he was trying to justify why he should still be around.
I did.... even the Canadian written stances for NRA to publish that we voted on.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 4:32:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Page 3 doesn't have a Fawn Hall picture yet

Link Posted: 5/7/2018 4:34:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Terry Reed in his book Compromised, Clinton, Bush and the CIA was not exactly complimentary about North.  Though the be honest, he appeared like a boy scout compared to some of the other players.  His most unflatterying accounts were of "The Boy" Bill Clinton, a real pot smoking womanizing asshole.
View Quote
But, you have to admit that if the book is correct and accurate, Ollie was a person that just got the job done.

BTW, anyone who hasn't read the book, I highly recommend it.  There is SO MUCH information in there that fills in the pieces left out by the media - which is about 90% of what actually happened during Iran-Contra.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 4:36:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here.

Maybe he'll stand on stage with an AR and say "From my cold dead hands"......
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 4:37:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Wayne LaPierre holds the real power.
View Quote
It seems that way.  And most people don't seem to like Wayne very much, yet he still manages to stay in charge for all of these years.  It's time for a change, IMO.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 4:39:27 PM EDT
[#34]
I was still in college when the leftists in the news and even on campus became unraveled over Lt Col. Oliver North telling Congress to eat shit.  It was beautiful.

I later met him in 2006 when he was on a book tour in J-Action-Ville NC.  I was proud to shake his hand-he's a great American.  Most of us appreciated everything he did to bring about the fall of the Ortega regime in Nicaragua by funding the Contras (who were fighting the Sandinistas) and thus push back against Soviet expansion into Latin America during the Cold War.  This, despite the Reds in the US Congress who did everything to undermine President Reagan's foreign policy of containing communism in the western hemisphere and who were sympathetic to Ortega and his leftist, pro-USSR gov't.

Added bonus:  IIRC Lt Col. North facilitated the sale of US weapons to Iran in an effort to gain release of American hostages in the ME.  Those same weapons were used to kill Iraqis in their 8 year slaughter with the Iranians.  This, while we gave intel to Iraq so they could slay the persians more efficiently.  More dead arabs and persians all around.  Now, who doesn't get wood thinking about the way he smote two (types of) muslims with one stone in a manner which furthered our interests both in the ME and in Latin America?  The man was the epitome of what being a true American really is.

Anyway, if the Contras murdered a leftists priest here and there because they were aiding the communist Sandinistas, then who the fuck cares unless you're a filthy communist?  Fuck them.

For any of you haters out there, I hope this makes you so angry you piss all over yourself.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 4:39:55 PM EDT
[#35]
I remember watching him testify during the Iran-Contra hearings.  While I thought it was pretty clear he didn't follow the letter of the law, I liked that North wasn't intimidated by the congressional hearings, and I think it really irritated the congresscritters because they knew he wasn't intimidated.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 4:40:11 PM EDT
[#36]
my memory is a bit foggy,...but this is what I remember as a teenager reading SOF magazine,...instead of the mainstream media

Communism was growing in central america

Liberals in congress cut funding to those fighting the commies

backroom deals were made to fund anti-commie warriors

congress and the liberal media found out and Colonel North took the fall

(I bet chuck schuemer and nancy pelosi really hate him)
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 4:40:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I first read that as Peter North to become NRA President.
View Quote
His slogan was "Reasonable Gun Control" and the NRA didn't understand what he was talking about.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 4:41:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Agreed!  Wonder how Fawn is looking these days.....always need attractive loyal sexetary secretary
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not bad for almost 60  @GetGunz

[youtube]https://youtu.be/6wH9v9bH2Bg[/youtube]
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 4:43:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Which is true of most associations.  They're a different breed of cat.  The board can fire the exec.  And the membership can turn out the board.  Theoretically.  It just doesn't happen very often.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Which is true of most associations.  They're a different breed of cat.  The board can fire the exec.  And the membership can turn out the board.  Theoretically.  It just doesn't happen very often.
Things have been done to prevent another 1977 Coup
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 4:48:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
my memory is a bit foggy,...but this is what I remember as a teenager reading SOF magazine,...instead of the mainstream media

View Quote
You should have heard the media lose their shit when they filmed Green Beret advisers carry (*gasp*) M16A1 rifles during the conduct of their duties in advising the El Salvadorian Army who were fighting their own civil war being waged against the gov't in San Salvador by proxy thanks to one of the USSR's many "wars of national liberation".

Anyone that's lived through that era can only laugh at how hollow the so-called "Russia scandal" rings when the leftist politicians and their stooges in the press have been more openly supportive of international communism and the Russians than any other group to include acedemia right up until the election of DJT.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 4:56:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
You should have heard the media lose their shit when they filmed Green Beret advisers carry (*gasp*) M16A1 rifles during the conduct of their duties in advising the El Salvadorian Army who were fighting their own civil war being waged against the gov't in San Salvador by proxy thanks to one of the USSR's many "wars of national liberation".

Anyone that's lived through that era can only laugh at how hollow the so-called "Russia scandal" rings when the leftist politicians and their stooges in the press have been more openly supportive of international communism and the Russians than any other group to include acedemia right up until the election of DJT.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am convinced there is a 70ish former KGB agent (probably female) who was assigned to Welsey College as a recruiter in 1967 who is wondering what happened to the Soviet Union and her Order of Lenin for recruiting the President of the United States as a KGB spy.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 5:02:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I am convinced there is a 70ish former KGB agent (probably female) who was assigned to Welsey College as a recruiter in 1967 who is wondering what happened to the Soviet Union and her Order of Lenin for recruiting the President of the United States as a KGB spy.
View Quote
Who was that?
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 5:06:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Who was that?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who was that?
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 5:07:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
https://www.nrablog.com/articles/2018/5/lt-colonel-oliver-north-poised-to-become-nra-president/

DALLAS – Lt. Colonel Oliver North, USMC (Ret.) will become President of the National Rifle Association of America within a few weeks, a process the NRA Board of Directors initiated this morning.

“This is the most exciting news for our members since Charlton Heston became President of our Association,” said NRA Executive Vice President and CEO Wayne LaPierre.  “Oliver North is a legendary warrior for American freedom, a gifted communicator and skilled leader.  In these times, I can think of no one better suited to serve as our President.”
View Quote
Does the NRA president actually have any power? Does this really matter?
View Quote
I am fine with this but Oliver North can not hold a musket above his head and say "From my cold dead hands".
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 5:07:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who was that?
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/413/6B2CA372-E4D6-4332-B5A7-3703B7FB3AB5-536737.jpg
Yep
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 5:10:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Same here.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here.

Link Posted: 5/7/2018 5:13:09 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yep, Vice President but CEO of the organization.  How to dump his ass?
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 5:13:21 PM EDT
[#48]
If he does he can go back to prison.

Edit; I did not remember them vacating his sentence.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 5:15:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
What did he get in trouble for back in the 90's, my memory is failing me?
View Quote
I don’t recall...
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 5:17:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Yep
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who was that?
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/413/6B2CA372-E4D6-4332-B5A7-3703B7FB3AB5-536737.jpg
Yep
I was thinking more along the lines of Bill Fucking Klinton and didn't even think about that other POS.  One of the few women in this world that I truly hate.

Yes, I agree.  Sad thing is, she isn't the only one in conptemporary politics that's totally in love with everything that the USSR represented.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top