User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 4:01:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

*17th post

too bad this stuff is for morbidly obese people, they need to make one tailored for the gym bro that needs to drop another ~5%-10% body fat to get visible abs.  I'm a buyer for that lol
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Interesting first post.

*17th post

too bad this stuff is for morbidly obese people, they need to make one tailored for the gym bro that needs to drop another ~5%-10% body fat to get visible abs.  I'm a buyer for that lol

Lol. Just use your willpower, gym breh.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 4:04:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Not stronger in the willpower department, apparently.
View Quote

Sometimes life keeps people busy or stressed or drags them down or just gets them a point of being comfortable and then they turn lazy.  Aging is also a factor.  The older someone gets the more effort it takes to do the same thing.  In my early 20s I was laughed at for being so skinny and told I needed meat on my bones.  I could eat whatever I wanted and never really put on any muscle mass even going to the gym 3 to 5 x a week.  Now 20 years later I can look at food and gain weight.  When someone can eat anything and not gain weight they don't learn the self discipline to regulate what they eat.  Not an excuse for me being fat but life does happen and things go down hill.  

That said just taking a drug isn't going to fix it, at least not long term.  The drug/peptide should help people to lose weight and during that process they need to train themselves to eat in moderation, eat healthier, and to get more exercise.  With no behavioral changes the person will eventually either get accustomed to the drug and it will stop working as well or they go off of it and balloon back up.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 4:05:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I don't think you read my comment correctly.

I mean I want a product that will drop 10% body fat, without losing lean mass (aka: gear); that also ISN'T gear - because I like to fuck.
View Quote

Cardio and stop eating like a typical gym bro on a permanent bulk.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 4:07:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Right? My fear is that if this catches on, we won’t know who the fat people are anymore and it’ll be harder to avoid them.

View Quote

Cocaine Pam is the hottest Pam!
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 4:11:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Damn, too late to make it in before all the “hUr dUr nO wILlpOwEr” crowd showed up.

OP. Good on you for taking charge of your health.

Hopefully this springboards you to making and maintaining healthier lifestyle choices.
View Quote

It won’t. I’d be on your side of the discussion if not for one important point- OP admitted he hasn’t changed a thing in his lifestyle other than administering the drug. His appetite declined but he still eats crappy.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 4:18:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Okay, so then why aren't you a billionaire? Why don't you have a supermodel girlfriend? What? Do you lack willpower or something?

View Quote

Because the Feds shut down my cryptocurrency exchange.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 4:20:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Compounding it?

I would be very wary of that.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 4:24:05 PM EDT
[#8]
On a related note, OP is also on TRT, Anastrazole and Clomid

Quoted:
Figured I'd share my experience for my first 6ish months of TRT.

35 year old. 5'10" Had low energy, low sex drive, "I'm running on fumes" kind of feeling.

Started to using Hone Health at the recommendation of my friend.

Day 0: 275lbs, 45" waist (measured at belly button). Total T: 230 Free T: 5ng/dl Estradiol:15.4 SHBG: 24.1 LH:2.41

I was prescribed 200Mg of test every 2 weeks (administered 50Mg 2x/week), .5Mg of Anastrazole 2x per week, and 25Mg of Clomid daily. Like an idiot, I misunderstood the directions and only took the Testosterone and not the Clomid/Anastrazole for the first 3 months, then the doctor set me straight.

Day 90: 265lbs 43" waist. Total T: 375 Free T:11 Estradiol: 39.2 SHBG:9.4

Day 120: 255lbs 41" waist. Total T: 920 Estradiol:25.9 Free T: 25

I've had no "side effects" so far other than when I wasn't taking the anastrazole I did have a bit of nipple sensitivity.

I definitely feel better; probably not like I did when I was in my 20's, but definitely more like how a healthy person my age should feel. I seem to be losing a considerable amount of weight, even though I've maintained my pretty crappy diet.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/13/2023 4:26:07 PM EDT
[#9]
I have been on Trulicity for over a year. Im on the low dose afraid to go up after my experience on Victoza.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 4:27:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Damn, too late to make it in before all the "hUr dUr nO wILlpOwEr" crowd showed up.

Hopefully this springboards you to making and maintaining healthier lifestyle choices.
View Quote
He's not in charge, he's fundamentally reliant on a drug. I think it has it's place, but I'm certainly wary of it becoming the first choice for people, especially considering the lack of long term data.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 4:28:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

20lb of fluff didn't make OP unhealthy.
What are the chances OP hits his weight goal using this "tool", discontinues use (since he's not diabetic and doesn't "need" it consistently) and then maintains that weight by making good choices?
Possible? Sure
Probable? Statically, no way.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who gives a shit.
This is like the “learn to shoot with irons before using red dots” arguments.
No. You can, in fact, be a competent shooter with irons even if you learn on red dots first.
All this complaining about people using modern tools available to them to get on a path to being healthier reeks of virtue signaling.

20lb of fluff didn't make OP unhealthy.
What are the chances OP hits his weight goal using this "tool", discontinues use (since he's not diabetic and doesn't "need" it consistently) and then maintains that weight by making good choices?
Possible? Sure
Probable? Statically, no way.

Link Posted: 4/13/2023 4:28:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Shit.  I'm 6' and I got up to 246 lbs right around 2020.

I realized I was a fat fuck, was disappointed in myself.  I had been an athlete through college and now I was a fat sack of shit.  No, it didn't matter how much I could lift, brah.  I was still a fat sack of shit with poor impulse control.

So I made changes.  I changed the way I eat, I changed the way I exercise.  I stopped drinking so much beer.  I took control of my life and my health, and I refused to use a drug to make those changes.

Now I weigh 183 lbs.  No drugs, only hard work and permanent lifestyle changes.  I feel so much better for it, and there are no side effects except positive benefits to my health.

I really look down on those who depend on drugs to lose weight.  Fix your shit.  Unfuck yourself.  Stop eating canned fucking chili.  Otherwise you'll be dependent on those drugs forever, a permanent drain on our healthcare system.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 4:28:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Have the bothered with a sleep study?
If you're a bit fluffy chances are you would benefit from a CPAP or other method to improve your oxygen levels during sleep.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 4:29:31 PM EDT
[#14]
"A pill for an ill"  Hopefully you realize how crappy you've been feeling from the extra weight and keep it off, then realize you don't need to be a big pharma montly subscriber to take care of your own body.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 4:29:48 PM EDT
[#15]
What does it actually do? Suppress appetite?

Just do crack like a normal person and save the prescription cost.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 4:31:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Ozempic and other drugs like it are for Type 2 Diabetes.    It just so happens that they aid in weight loss.  So much so that there is a shortage of the medications.  The medications are prescribed like candy to those that want to use it for weight loss.  My wife has Type 2 Diabetes, and has had to miss dosses due to the local pharmacies being out.   She has to shop the pharmacies to see which one has inventory so her prescription can be filled.   While I hope the OP meets your weight loss goals.  I am sure the OP can understand I will not have any sympathy for you if and when you get all the side effects of the drug.
View Quote

What a load of bollocks: There is a shortage, yet it's being handed out. There's a shortage yet your wife can still find it by shopping around.

I gassed up my car today. If your local gas station is out and you have to go down the road to gas up, is there really a shortage, and if so, did I cause it ?
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 4:34:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I really look down on those who
View Quote

Well, good.  That’s the most important thing.  Congrats on your fitness journey.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 4:37:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Interesting first post.
View Quote

Good way to imply firearms people are stereotypically obese-make a topic about an obesity treatment.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 4:38:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
It's a hormone that signals to the brain that you're full, so effectively an appetite suppressant, but an extraordinarily good one. I've heard that users get sick if they try to keep eating in spite of it.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 4:40:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Damn, too late to make it in before all the “hUr dUr nO wILlpOwEr” crowd showed up.

View Quote

This - my missus lost 30lb, with the trigger being Mounjaro. She dieted, trained, but found it hard to see any results. This helped her tilt the balance, she started to see some changes, which renewed her focus on dieting and training, and that I think has been the main driver behind her weight loss. Sometime snake oil does work purely as a placebo.

Some folks just need a little extra help to get moving, even if 90% psychological, and these drugs seem to do that assuming the person believes it will.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 4:42:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 4:42:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

It does a number of things by working on GLP-1 receptors.

It seems to do a phenomenally good job of helping people reduce their A1C and blood glucose levels.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 4:44:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Don't eat shitty food and don't be lazy.

Problem solved, problem staying solved.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 4:44:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

This - my missus lost 30lb, with the trigger being Mounjaro. She dieted, trained, but found it hard to see any results. This helped her tilt the balance, she started to see some changes, which renewed her focus on dieting and training, and that I think has been the main driver behind her weight loss. Sometime snake oil does work purely as a placebo.

Some folks just need a little extra help to get moving, even if 90% psychological, and these drugs seem to do that assuming the person believes it will.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

While the studies show that these GLP-1 agonists aren’t merely snake oil, that’s awesome to hear, good on her!
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 4:48:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Shit.  I'm 6' and I got up to 246 lbs right around 2020.

I realized I was a fat fuck, was disappointed in myself.  I had been an athlete through college and now I was a fat sack of shit.  No, it didn't matter how much I could lift, brah.  I was still a fat sack of shit with poor impulse control.

So I made changes.  I changed the way I eat, I changed the way I exercise.  I stopped drinking so much beer.  I took control of my life and my health, and I refused to use a drug to make those changes.

Now I weigh 183 lbs.  No drugs, only hard work and permanent lifestyle changes.  I feel so much better for it, and there are no side effects except positive benefits to my health.

I really look down on those who depend on drugs to lose weight.  Fix your shit.  Unfuck yourself.  Stop eating canned fucking chili.  Otherwise you'll be dependent on those drugs forever, a permanent drain on our healthcare system.
View Quote

I look down on you for allowing yourself to become obese in 2020 and still being overweight now. Maybe you need to continue unfucking some of your own shit to become less overweight, before acting like a cunt to everyone else ?
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 4:51:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

what part of "I don't want to" is so hard to understand, fellas?  I don't want abs bad enough to stop drinking beer.  But if there was a pill or shot that got me there without killing my boner then I'm game.

this is very simple math, boys.  also stop being so serious.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 4:56:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
what part of "I don't want to" is so hard to understand, fellas?  I don't want abs bad enough to stop drinking beer.  But if there was a pill or shot that got me there without killing my boner then I'm game.

View Quote

Only if it makes me as strong and rich as OP...
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 5:00:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd settle for being as strong as Mattie Rogers, lmao
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 5:00:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Yepp, I'm sure you're perfect and nothing is wrong in your life. Everything about you is 100% as good as it could be..... but only when you're posting anonymously on the internet of course, lol.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yepp, I'm sure you're perfect and nothing is wrong in your life. Everything about you is 100% as good as it could be..... but only when you're posting anonymously on the internet of course, lol.

Quoted:

Eating
I didn't make any real conscious effort to change my (obviously crappy) diet.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/13/2023 5:02:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I should start a service where people pay me to wear a body camera and I yell at them when they eat crap food and sit on their ass.

I should probably outsource the yelling to a drill instructor for maximum impact..
View Quote

I can't recall if it was SNL or in living color, but  there was a skit in the early 90's, someone would pay for help to quit smoking and two guys dressed as cigarettes would show up and beat the crap out of them.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 5:02:41 PM EDT
[#31]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Eating
I didn't make any real conscious effort to change my (obviously crappy) diet.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/0c96c781a5e6260d0827848aec47d205-381.gif

You are what you eat...
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 5:04:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Hmm.

I just switched to a species-appropriate diet.

All the steak I can eat. Done.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 5:14:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

that's really the way I would try to go.
from what I have been seeing people need to stay on the drug.
Behavioral modification seems more effective and far less expensive.

Easiest for me is just waiting as long as I can in the day till I actually feel hungry for more than a moment. Often make it all the way till dinner, sometimes a light afternoon snack to get me there and then I eat whatever the fuck I want and often follow up with a nice scoop of icecream.

I'm 6'2 187 lbs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You could just not eat as much. Rather than pay $2500 per year, you’d save money and probably live longer to enjoy the money you saved.

that's really the way I would try to go.
from what I have been seeing people need to stay on the drug.
Behavioral modification seems more effective and far less expensive.

Easiest for me is just waiting as long as I can in the day till I actually feel hungry for more than a moment. Often make it all the way till dinner, sometimes a light afternoon snack to get me there and then I eat whatever the fuck I want and often follow up with a nice scoop of icecream.

I'm 6'2 187 lbs.

Age?

For most, eating carbs in the evening will stimulate carb cravings the next day.

In any case you are cycling into ketosis each day. That’s good.

But someone with serious metabolic damage that needs to be reversed would likely struggle more than you.

Zero carbs or nearly zero is much easier than what you’re doing for most people.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 5:16:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
My wife is on it to lower her A1C..she is 5'4" and went from 140 to 120 in 3 months..I call her face The O face now as she looks so gaunt...considering she still has DDD's..that weight loss in impressive
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/13/2023 5:20:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My wife is on it to lower her A1C..she is 5'4" and went from 140 to 120 in 3 months..I call her face The O face now as she looks so gaunt...considering she still has DDD's..that weight loss in impressive

whoa, how'd I pass over this comment??  

Let me recheck the math:
5'4"
120#
DDD boobs

this poor woman is literally ALL tits
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 5:34:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Age?

For most, eating carbs in the evening will stimulate carb cravings the next day.

In any case you are cycling into ketosis each day. That’s good.

But someone with serious metabolic damage that needs to be reversed would likely struggle more than you.

Zero carbs or nearly zero is much easier than what you’re doing for most people.
View Quote

I'm 40.
not really recommending icecream to lose weight. It did help me stop drinking though, kind of shortcut to the dopamine endorphin rush I used to get from booze. Cut back from a full bowl to just a scoop. My cholesterol is borderline high with kinda low HDL but i also don't exercise much.

I did keto long enough. I tend not to struggle much controlling carbs and have kind of just adopted an eat whatever foods leave me feeling satisfied approach. Not really trying to lose much weight at this point anyway.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 5:40:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Enjoy being a fatlard then.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 5:42:52 PM EDT
[#38]
My doctor wanted me to go back on Trulicity. I had horrible side effects. I told her no but I'd try that drug Elon Musk was on, Ozempic. She gave me that "look" and said ok, but it would be at least 9 months before the supply issues cleared up and she would prescribe it to me.

I don't quite understand, you want me to take the drug that makes me horribly sick, but a different one, that's way may popular and may work better for me, I have to wait for that one.

Link Posted: 4/13/2023 5:48:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LMAO, k
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 6:02:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I'm 40.
not really recommending icecream to lose weight. It did help me stop drinking though, kind of shortcut to the dopamine endorphin rush I used to get from booze. Cut back from a full bowl to just a scoop. My cholesterol is borderline high with kinda low HDL but i also don't exercise much.

I did keto long enough. I tend not to struggle much controlling carbs and have kind of just adopted an eat whatever foods leave me feeling satisfied approach. Not really trying to lose much weight at this point anyway.
View Quote

Good. No science here, but I’m gonna guess you adapted thoroughly to keto, and now you can slip back and forth into and out of ketosis pretty easily. That’s been the case for me, and I’ve read others who say the same.

We all enter this world in a ketogenic state. After years of species inappropriate food, our bodies forget how to run on ketones. You can turn the switch back on, but it takes months of very low carb to get that system adapted back to our original process.

Btw I’m same height n weight 6’2” 185 but 65yo. My worst shape was 2013, 215lbs. Discovered keto and it was like throwing a switch. Better mood, much improved cognitive functioning, and my weight balanced itself without any real restrictions other than no carbs, which I stopped craving.

In any case, OP, keep us posted.

Link Posted: 4/13/2023 6:06:57 PM EDT
[#41]
GD: Covid taught us that Big Pharma is evil

Also GD: Big pharma, help me because I'm fat
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 6:08:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
My doctor wanted me to go back on Trulicity. I had horrible side effects. I told her no but I'd try that drug Elon Musk was on, Ozempic. She gave me that "look" and said ok, but it would be at least 9 months before the supply issues cleared up and she would prescribe it to me.

I don't quite understand, you want me to take the drug that makes me horribly sick, but a different one, that's way may popular and may work better for me, I have to wait for that one.

View Quote

She may have to tell your insurance company you're on another diabetes drug for several months before they'll approve Ozempic, if they won't approve or cover Wegovy.

Kharn
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 6:22:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
Demand is way outstripping supply because the word is out that it actually works. Rent-a-thots on tiktok are shilling it en masse. She probably gets asked for it all the time.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 6:47:00 PM EDT
[#44]
I want a new drug by Huey Lewis comes to mind! As a 50 year old my body doesn’t work as hard as it used to. Maybe I drink too much, maybe I like food too much, I’m with you OP, going to check into this a little deeper! Until all these jackasses are paying yours or my bills, keep doing you.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 6:56:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I want a new drug by Huey Lewis comes to mind! As a 50 year old my body doesn’t work as hard as it used to. Maybe I drink too much, maybe I like food too much, I’m with you OP, going to check into this a little deeper! Until all these jackasses are paying yours or my bills, keep doing you.
View Quote

If it helps you more power to ya.
I just don't like drugs which are expensive and you need to continue to take.

I used naltrexone to quit drinking but you can stop taking it once you quit drinking.

If you can learn the I'm full or actually hungry signals taking the drug and then stop taking it and keep up the behavior modification that's awesome. Doesn't seem to be the case for most though.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 7:06:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

If you couldn’t tell, my response was tongue in cheek.

Might want to tune that sarcasm meter a bit.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 7:20:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Now we're talking.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 7:33:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Now we're talking.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now we're talking.

Contrave 8-90. You will hate junk food, hate fat people, refuse to be around noisy eaters, etc.

$400ish cash price for 180 pills, start at one per day in the morning, up it to two when needed.

Kharn
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 8:51:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I look down on you for allowing yourself to become obese in 2020 and still being overweight now. Maybe you need to continue unfucking some of your own shit to become less overweight, before acting like a cunt to everyone else ?
View Quote

Hell yes.  That’s the attitude.  Shame is a powerful motivator.  I hate that body positivity shit.  Dead serious.

I’m continuing to work, but I’m definitely not satisfied.  Obviously, I’m still a bit of a fatass.  I just went through a bulking phase to get my lifting numbers up, and Easter involved too much candy.

Time to get back to cutting.  Get motivated.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 8:52:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Getting down to a healthy weight and learning a healthy lifestyle, then weaning off, is the intent. You also have to break the addiction to food and resolve any underlying psychological issues, or it will come right back.

Kharn
View Quote

You also need to gain some muscle mass to increase your TDEE. Not gonna lie, I judge most people who choose to take this shit. Pathetic.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top