Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 4:44:30 PM EDT
[#1]
It doesn't sound like he found morals. It sounds like he really realizes his heads on the chopping block and now he's scared. He was really never your friend that you were always.
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 4:44:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ztug:
In 2016 when my son was a freshman in college he was pro Bernie. So pretty liberal, he liked weed. But then he saw how poorly the Democrats treated Bernie, how crooked they were. And he ended up being so turned off by the Democrats that he voted for Trump and is now a reliable Republican who watches Fox News. There's an old saying if you're not a liberal when you're young you have no heart if you're not a conservative when you're older you have no brain. The switch happens at different ages for different people. Look at Tulsi gabbard and now RFK Jr. They've seen the dirty filthy scummy part of The Democrat party.
View Quote

I have a coworker like this....except he has gone more liberal.  Believes all the lies about Trump, giving away foreign secrets and will end up in prison.  I guess the only fortunate thing is he also believes our Gov is corrupt.....plans to retire outside the US for socialized healthcare which he STRONGLY believes in.

Strange thing is his oldest daughter is now a doctor, recently finished all her residency stuff and got a contract for over 300k a year and pretty sure sizable increases after that.  He bitches about how much her student loans cost and all that went along with it.  Thinks college should be free.  I really wonder when she gets taxed the fuck out of if she will agree with the socialized world he wants.  If the gov took over healthcare she would be making way less and we would all be taxed way more.  The gov fucks up everything it touches.  If she doesn't spend like a fool she can have her stuff paid off in probably 5 to 7 years and still bring home more than your average family.

Politically we are total opposites and unfortunately his journey in the liberal community started after 2012.  When we first started working he was "normal."  His wife changed his beliefs.  I don't bring up politics but some days he can't help himself and will ask how the hell I could vote for Trump.  I normally just ignore it but last time I told him that option was the least corrupt choice on the ballot....he got in his work vehicle and left.  He hasn't asked me since.
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 4:47:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ironknife] [#3]
Originally Posted By Colt1860:

Well what is your plan to deal with all these people who can't be converted?  Are we going to ask them kindly to go live somewhere else?
View Quote

Oh

And you jumped straight to death camps.

You do know this isn’t a binary thing right?   Democrats and republicans.  We never will be one monolithic people,..

I only gave the facts I know about the cult his friend was in, and my opinion on welcoming him into my trust.

I know things are gonna get bad, how it gets fixed and the end result is one question I can’t answer.   Do commies win?  Do traditional Americans win?
Is there fighting?  Is there  just a slow transition to one or the other?

Who knows, but anyone who  has supported the democrats like that guy has gets what he gets.  Anyone to sacrifice their kids on the altar of progress is not someone I’m gonna trust.

Link Posted: 8/24/2024 4:47:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By BigGrumpyBear:

As an aspiring novelist, this is the truth.

I signed up for a Sci-Fi/ Fantasy conference, one of the sessions is called De-colonizing Magic in Fantasy Writing.

I haven't had that session yet but from the title I imagine that's an hour of my life I will have wasted and won't get back.

And dear God some of the questions from the other attendees.

Every question about "how do you identify or know someone or something is a monster" came from a white woman.

They literally didn't know what a monster was and who or what could be one. One actually asked if a person could be a monster.

By the end of that session I needed a drink.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BigGrumpyBear:
Originally Posted By Rugerlvr:
First of all, he's a novelist. He works very hard at it, and has made an okay living at it. He has always been active in the writing community, and attends conferences, and workshops, and teaches auxiliary writing classes at the local university. He started to talk about being canceled by the other participants at these functions. He would sit on panel discussions, and despite considering himself an "ally" he has been attacked because he is an old white man. If you know anything about the literary world, it has devolved into a cesspit of DEI, oppression olympics, critical race theory, etc.

As an aspiring novelist, this is the truth.

I signed up for a Sci-Fi/ Fantasy conference, one of the sessions is called De-colonizing Magic in Fantasy Writing.

I haven't had that session yet but from the title I imagine that's an hour of my life I will have wasted and won't get back.

And dear God some of the questions from the other attendees.

Every question about "how do you identify or know someone or something is a monster" came from a white woman.

They literally didn't know what a monster was and who or what could be one. One actually asked if a person could be a monster.

By the end of that session I needed a drink.

I've been reading correia off and on and holt and some others who comment about the rot in the head in the sci fi writers circles for years now. At  least since sad puppies. Something is extremely rotten in denmark.
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 4:53:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By RikWriter:

I'm so sick of this blackpill bullshit.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 2JokersWild:
I'm sorry OP but....Fuck him even more. People like him are why we are where we are. A sudden realization that hes a fucking idiot and a half assed apology from him just doesnt cut it from me any more. In my eyes there are no "
red pilled liberals", theres just liberals who are pissed their own party left them behind. Dont think for a fucking second hes actually been red pilled.

He supported all this bullshit, and now hes pissed it bit him in the ass. But he hasnt changed.

Attitudes like that are why we lose.
News flash, it doesn't matter. For every Democrat that starts to think 'hey wait a minute...' 5 more are imported to replace him. Why do you think we have a Somalia lady AT THE FEDERAL LEVEL of government?

and you're burying your head in the sand by glossing over it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 4:53:10 PM EDT
[#6]
It's good that your buddy has become aware about the reality of things.

On a side note, what authors/books were you recommending to him?
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 5:05:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By borat:

yup

Communism is OK until you get put in the gulag.

@2JokersWild

I was a "liberal" in college too, and then I pulled my head out of my ass when LIFE happened.
View Quote

Same.  I walked out of college in to the real world, no job waiting for me, not high pay out there for me to join into.  My views changed then and there.  I started paying attention to what the systems that were put in place to "help" people actually did, and it just helped me understand the reality I found myself in even more.
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 5:05:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Ironknife:
No

He is mad about the world he voted for.  He cooperated and used his emotions and weak NPC mind to get him where he is.

He made this bed, let him sleep in it.  He is not family.  This sounds like a good way to get Red flagged and swatted.  

At no point should you provide any information on weapons at all. Or even socialize with this person at all. The Covid crisis showed us all where these people want us.  

Do what you want, these people are beyond forgiveness.  The state of country is because of these worthless people, and there is no reason for sympathy .
View Quote

Why bother to argue your side at all if you won’t accept  the people whose minds you change?
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 5:06:21 PM EDT
[#9]

Oh

You do know this isn’t a binary thing right?   Democrats and republicans.  We never will be one monolithic people,..

View Quote

I did, because this started with you saying these people are beyond forgiveness.  Everybody wants genocide until it's time to do genocide things.
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 5:09:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Leisure_Shoot:
View All Quotes
I'm sorry OP but....Fuck him even more. People like him are why we are where we are. A sudden realization that hes a fucking idiot and a half assed apology from him just doesnt cut it from me any more. In my eyes there are no "
red pilled liberals", theres just liberals who are pissed their own party left them behind. Dont think for a fucking second hes actually been red pilled.

He supported all this bullshit, and now hes pissed it bit him in the ass. But he hasnt changed.

News flash, it doesn't matter. For every Democrat that starts to think 'hey wait a minute...' 5 more are imported to replace him. Why do you think we have a Somalia lady AT THE FEDERAL LEVEL of government?

Oh yeah, sure man.  I should be screaming and crying and telling everyone within earshot that there's no hope and they shouldn't bother to vote.  THAT will accomplish so fucking much...
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 5:11:26 PM EDT
[#11]
View All Quotes

Blackpill is by definition false in that it expressly teaches that nothing good ever happens or can happen in the future.

It often masquerades as redpill.
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 5:12:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By 999monkeys:

Why bother to argue your side at all if you won’t accept  the people whose minds you change?
View All Quotes
No

He is mad about the world he voted for.  He cooperated and used his emotions and weak NPC mind to get him where he is.

He made this bed, let him sleep in it.  He is not family.  This sounds like a good way to get Red flagged and swatted.  

At no point should you provide any information on weapons at all. Or even socialize with this person at all. The Covid crisis showed us all where these people want us.  

Do what you want, these people are beyond forgiveness.  The state of country is because of these worthless people, and there is no reason for sympathy .

You are about the last poster who should be on this topic ...
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 5:17:57 PM EDT
[#13]

I did, because this started with you saying these people are beyond forgiveness.  Everybody wants genocide until it's time to do genocide things.
View All Quotes

Oh

You're the only one suggesting genocide.

Projection.
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 5:22:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By nu3gawhat:

You're the only one suggesting genocide.

Projection.
View Quote

I'm suggesting that larping about being a cul de sac resistance fighter is ridiculous.
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 5:45:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Well, this thread is off the rails.  Lots of you seem to know my friend’s heart way better than I do.  What you’re really doing is questioning my understanding of the situation, as if I am not the one who’s been watching him grow for years. You are attacking ME, not him. I don’t appreciate it.

Some of you are very unhappy people, whose rigid black and white world view will keep you lonely in your old age.
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 6:03:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rugerlvr] [#16]
Originally Posted By Neomonk21:

View Quote

Keep in mind my choices have had to be subtle, because I was trying to set the hook gently and start to reel him in. one author I recommended is Christopher Rufo.  Allan Bloom’s The Closing of the American Mind is essential. The Queering of the American Child, The Parasitic Mind by Gad Saad

He recommended Woke Racism by John McWhorter to me.  When I read that, I could see he was doing a lot of soul searching.  

He’s a very educated and genuinely smart guy, if not the wisest, and I have always tried to appeal to reason with him.  If what I’m seeing now is a product of his reasoning, he won’t be backsliding, because that would betray who he believes himself to be, which is a man who can learn.  IMHO he has.
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 6:12:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By thesquidliest:
Good deal.  Hopefully not a situational change, and if things get less batshit crazy on the left (doubtful) he won't turn back.
View Quote

I doubt he’ll find the strength to vote for Trump.
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 6:23:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rugerlvr] [#18]
Originally Posted By mudholestomper:

I doubt he’ll find the strength to vote for Trump.
View Quote

I do too. I encouraged him to vote for Kennedy, as he will be on the ballot here, and let's face it, this is Utah.

I know for a fact he's not voting Harris. He called her a "Trojan Horse."

What I found out last night was the degree to which he's become red pilled. I think he's been hiding it from me for fear I was gonna rub it in his face, or say I told you so. Nothing could be further from the truth. Now I just want to talk with him more. I think it's still wise to take it slow, and let him feel out the situation. I'm eager to hear what he says about Kennedy's speech.

I will say this, I think if there's one issue that for him besides man-hating, that flat out pushed him over the edge it's the trans issue. He said to me last night: "They're asking me to ignore reality, and I'm done doing it." I was literally speechless for a minute after he said that.

Regardless of the unbridled cynicism here on good ole arfcom, this is a rare bit of great and welcome news for me in what has otherwise been a shitty summer.
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 6:38:16 PM EDT
[#19]

Keep in mind my choices have had to be subtle, because I was trying to set the hook gently and start to reel him in. one author I recommended is Christopher Rufo.  Allan Bloom’s The Closing of the American Mind is essential. The Queering of the American Child, The Parasitic Mind by Gad Saad

He recommended Woke Racism by John McWhorter to me.  When I read that, I could see he was doing a lot of soul searching.  

He’s a very educated and genuinely smart guy, if not the wisest, and I have always tried to appeal to reason with him.  If what I’m seeing now is a product of his reasoning, he won’t be backsliding, because that would betray who he believes himself to be, which is a man who can learn.  IMHO he has.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Neomonk21:

Let us know if you are looking for decent content on anything to pass along and you've come up dry.
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 6:44:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Man-hating got his goat and yet ,,still don't like Trump .no particular reason mentioned.

ok
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 7:24:09 PM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

Never intended to argue

Just noted my opinion , and some logic

I really don’t care what he does
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 7:33:10 PM EDT
[#22]

View Quote

Starts with socialism here in the last couple hundred years( what his friend supported)

Then gun confiscation (what his friends old friends supported)

I have said neither

Demonize one side(another democrat play)

I’ve said neither

I’ll tell you if I want them dead, they sure have wanted the other party dead though

So have fun thinking I want genocide(which wiping out the other political party wouldn’t be since they aren’t a race or an ethnicity)

And catchy

Everybody wants genocide until it's time to do genocide things.

Sounds funny when said like that
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 7:33:51 PM EDT
[#23]

Oh yeah, sure man.  I should be screaming and crying and telling everyone within earshot that there's no hope and they shouldn't bother to vote.  THAT will accomplish so fucking much...
View Quote

Vote harder then
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 7:38:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Both of my SILs were raving lefties. One started changing about 5-6 years ago, and has gone from a looney New Yorker to a right-winger raising chickens on an acreage in Tennessee. The other has been slower to come around, but 2020 and everything since has started to open her eyes.
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 7:39:34 PM EDT
[#25]

I'm suggesting that larping about being a cul de sac resistance fighter is ridiculous.
View Quote

I’m a larper for telling someone not to trust a hard  left democrat?  Cause I won’t forgive the people that want me dead
Eat shit dude

From death canp maker to larper in an cul de sac

What are u smoking?
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 7:47:24 PM EDT
[#26]
We’ll take all we can get. If my commie daughter turned around, my jaw would be on the floor. I don’t see that happening. The hate is strong in that one. 🙁
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 7:49:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 999monkeys] [#27]
Originally Posted By FlashMan-7k:

View All Quotes
No

It’s ok,  if you change your mind and agree with me on things, I’ll accept you.

But you’re right, I don’t argue much, because I find it pointless.  Most people aren’t really very open to learning.  Case in point.
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 7:55:44 PM EDT
[#28]

Vote harder then
View All Quotes

Vote harder then

Give up harder.  I'm sure that'll work.
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 7:55:53 PM EDT
[#29]
He finally recovered from that week at Band Camp
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 7:56:02 PM EDT
[#30]
They’re none so blind as those that cannot see.
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 7:57:35 PM EDT
[#31]
If you are young, and not liberal, you have no heart.

If you are old, and not conservative, you have no brain.
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 8:02:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By 9divdoc:

The seductive tug of cognitive dissonance is really strong for liberal mothers and left wing sons...
View Quote

On videos, I've seen North Korean escapees, who usually inched out at immediate threat to life, still regard the Kims as parental figures. In my readings of Solzhenitsyn, he recalls many sentenced to slow-die in gulags who still thought of Stalin as a sort of god. (They often mumbled about their sentence just being a big mistake and if Uncle Joe knew, he'd pluck them right out)

Those are examples of how deeply ingrained self denial can be with the thoroughly indoctrinated.
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 8:08:27 PM EDT
[#33]

But you’re right, I don’t argue much, because I find it pointless.  Most people aren’t really very open to learning.  Case in point.
View Quote

Arguing on the internet is stupid
I did learn this on here a while ago
Last time I’ll comment on someone doing something stupid
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 8:09:39 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

You still have hope
Good luck with that
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 8:13:14 PM EDT
[#35]

You still have hope
Good luck with that
View All Quotes

You still have hope
Good luck with that

As opposed to what?  Not voting?  Telling all my acquaintances not to vote?  
Good luck with that.  It's a self-fulfilling prophecy.
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 8:14:13 PM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes

I agree with you.  Ive never seen anyone on arfcom (the only social media I have) change their mind.  People mostly like to hear themselves talk.  They justify it as “I’m not doing it change the mind of the person I’m arguing with, but rather the silent readers”.  Hint:  the silent readers aren’t changing their minds either.  They’re just laughing at the two dumbasses wasting their time arguing.
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 8:16:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: buck19delta] [#37]

You don't know that any more than the average leftist knows trump said there were fine racists at that event in charlottesville.

Which is to say you don't, you're making it up because you want it to be true, when in actuality you don't know and for some unknown reason you're stuck on being hateful and not letting anyone you don't want to change and get better ... change, and get better.

Unsarcastic question: why are you so hurt over this that you'll make pissed off posts attacking someone for saying that leftism is wrong?

There's something majorly screwed up going on here.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By buck19delta:
Ops buddy is shocked he’s getting booted out of the lifeboat by the very people he helped sink the big USS USA ship for.

buddy. He helped sink the USA, he gets no sympathy now that he discovered he’s stuck living the       maga lifestyle with ready of us.

Yeah, how dare he realize he was wrong and start to make meaningful change!

https://cdn.business2community.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/simpsons-pitchforks.jpg

His beliefs didn’t change, he didn’t realize his ideas were wrong or fucked up, he’s  just mad he lost his position on the diversity faculty, and got demoted to janitor, and realized they hate his liberal guts as much as our maga guts.  

You don't know that any more than the average leftist knows trump said there were fine racists at that event in charlottesville.

Which is to say you don't, you're making it up because you want it to be true, when in actuality you don't know and for some unknown reason you're stuck on being hateful and not letting anyone you don't want to change and get better ... change, and get better.

Unsarcastic question: why are you so hurt over this that you'll make pissed off posts attacking someone for saying that leftism is wrong?

Where did ops friend “ denounce “ his previous, die hard lefty beliefs as “ wrong “ ? Because I didn’t see that. I saw ops friend upset / mad that his lefty beliefs were not going the way he thought they should, not that he thought they were “ wrong “ in general, just a item or two he didn’t agree with anymore now that it wasn’t working out like he expected.

( For the record, I hope ops friend eventually becomes a red white and blue, flag waving, patriotic, red blooded conservative. )
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 8:16:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Actiondiver:
It doesn't sound like he found morals. It sounds like he really realizes his heads on the chopping block and now he's scared. He was really never your friend that you were always.
View Quote

That old WW2 line:

"First, they came for the Jews and i said nothing. Then they came for the...."

Over 70 % of American either eagerly  jumped in line to volunteer for rushed, unvetted, experimental medical products or were reluctantly coerced into lining up with arm out. A good portion of those were militant about everyone being injected. Even to the point of having the reluctants jailed or even murdered.

Smoke on that in the event of even more dire control pressures were applied.

The best meme i saw covering this during the Covid disruptions read:

"If you ever wondered which side you would have been on in late 1930's Germany, well, now you know."

Link Posted: 8/24/2024 9:02:14 PM EDT
[#39]
He just shared this with me.

I gotta go give him a hug.

Why Colleges Are Becoming CULTS [Full Series] | Dr. Lyell Asher
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 9:10:33 PM EDT
[#40]
One of my best friends since childhood was Democrat/Liberal for years.. even helped the Obama campaign in NV. Flash forward and he's red pilled and voting Republican. 2020 was an awakening for many intelligent, logic driven people on the left.

This sounds like your friend too. Give it time, you don't need to do anything because he's been connecting the dots on his own.
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 9:55:54 PM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes
No

I said that because of how people react to your posts where you use language like a relativist. That stuff (rightly) drives people away.
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 9:57:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Flysc:

On videos, I've seen North Korean escapees, who usually inched out at immediate threat to life, still regard the Kims as parental figures. In my readings of Solzhenitsyn, he recalls many sentenced to slow-die in gulags who still thought of Stalin as a sort of god. (They often mumbled about their sentence just being a big mistake and if Uncle Joe knew, he'd pluck them right out)

Those are examples of how deeply ingrained self denial can be with the thoroughly indoctrinated.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Flysc:
Originally Posted By 9divdoc:
The seductive tug of cognitive dissonance is really strong for liberal mothers and left wing sons...

There were people who still believed in the personality cult of stalin after the wall fell.

Some never ever get out of that stuff.

Yeah, I've heard that part where Solzhenitsyn talks about how pointless it was to argue with the true believers in the camps and prisons.
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 9:58:30 PM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes

You still have hope
Good luck with that

People who roll over when things are easy and no to low cost ...

Well, things have a habit of getting to be higher cost.
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 9:59:10 PM EDT
[#44]

( For the record, I hope ops friend eventually becomes a red white and blue, flag waving, patriotic, red blooded conservative. )
View All Quotes
Ops buddy is shocked he’s getting booted out of the lifeboat by the very people he helped sink the big USS USA ship for.

buddy. He helped sink the USA, he gets no sympathy now that he discovered he’s stuck living the       maga lifestyle with ready of us.

Yeah, how dare he realize he was wrong and start to make meaningful change!

https://cdn.business2community.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/simpsons-pitchforks.jpg

His beliefs didn’t change, he didn’t realize his ideas were wrong or fucked up, he’s  just mad he lost his position on the diversity faculty, and got demoted to janitor, and realized they hate his liberal guts as much as our maga guts.  

There ... that's the way.
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 10:19:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 999monkeys] [#45]

I said that because of how people react to your posts where you use language like a relativist. That stuff (rightly) drives people away.
View All Quotes
No

I don’t mind.  I’m not going to pretend to believe things I don’t to make friends online.  

I know it’s hard for you to accept, but I do genuinely believe in relativism to a degree.  

Perhaps I’m not a true relativist, but I find that many paths lead to the same destination.  Since I’m mostly guided by libertarian ideals, I have a problem when the left and the right try to force people  (often through actual force) down a single set path.  

What you perceive as relativism may be “leave people alone, they will get there on their own, even if by taking a different path than you might”.  To the extent there are universal truths, they are reached through all directions.

OP’s friend is an example.  He seems to have been redpilled, even if through a much longer and very different path than most on here.

Link Posted: 8/24/2024 10:30:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GroundhogOZ] [#46]
A lot of older people, who were democrats or independents have really seen the light in the last few weeks.  The words of RFK have struck home with many

I think this may be a significant moment in US politics, more so than many realise right now, Robert F Kennedy August, 2024 - never truer words - "As you know, I left that party in October because it had departed so dramatically from the core values that I grew up with. It had become the party of war, censorship, corruption, big pharma, big tech, big AG, and big money. "  

"When it abandoned democracy by canceling the primary to conceal the cognitive decline of the sitting president, I left the party to run as an independent. The mainstream of American politics and journalism derided my decision."

"In an honest system I believe that I would have won the election. In the system that my father and uncle thrived in. A system with open debates, with fair primaries and with a truly independent media untainted by government propaganda and censorship, and a system of nonpartisan courts, and election boards, everything would be different."

"In the name of saving democracy, a Democratic Party set itself to dismantle it."

"My uncle and my father both relished debate. They prided themselves on their capacity to go toe to toe with any opponent in a battle of ideas. They would be astonished to learn of a Democratic Party presidential nominee who, like Vice President Harris, has not appeared in a single interview or an unscripted encounter with voters for 35 days. This is profoundly undemocratic."

"What alarms me is the resort to censorship, media control, and weaponization of the federal agencies. When a U.S. president colludes with, or outright coerces, media companies to censor political speech, it’s an attack on our most sacred right of free expression. And that’s the very right upon which all of our other constitutional rights rest. "

"But we are aligned with each other on other key issues, like ending of forever wars, ending the childhood disease epidemics, securing the border, protecting freedom of speech, unraveling the corporate capture of our regulatory agencies, and getting the U.S. intelligence agencies out of the business of propagandizing and censoring and surveilling Americans and interfering with our elections. Following my first discussion with President Trump, I tried unsuccessfully to open similar discussions with Vice President Harris. Vice President Harris declined to meet or even to speak with me."  

This is leadership.  This is someone knowingly sacrificing himself for the greater good.  I suspect this will resonate with many older Americans, who still believe in a United States, one people, united under one flag.
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 10:35:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By GroundhogOZ:
A lot of older people, who were democrats or independents have really seen the light in the last few weeks.  The words of RFK have struck home with many

I think this may be a significant moment in US politics, more so than many realise right now, Robert F Kennedy August, 2024 - never truer words - "As you know, I left that party in October because it had departed so dramatically from the core values that I grew up with. It had become the party of war, censorship, corruption, big pharma, big tech, big AG, and big money. "  

"When it abandoned democracy by canceling the primary to conceal the cognitive decline of the sitting president, I left the party to run as an independent. The mainstream of American politics and journalism derided my decision."

"In an honest system I believe that I would have won the election. In the system that my father and uncle thrived in. A system with open debates, with fair primaries and with a truly independent media untainted by government propaganda and censorship, and a system of nonpartisan courts, and election boards, everything would be different."

"In the name of saving democracy, a Democratic Party set itself to dismantle it."

"My uncle and my father both relished debate. They prided themselves on their capacity to go toe to toe with any opponent in a battle of ideas. They would be astonished to learn of a Democratic Party presidential nominee who, like Vice President Harris, has not appeared in a single interview or an unscripted encounter with voters for 35 days. This is profoundly undemocratic."

"What alarms me is the resort to censorship, media control, and weaponization of the federal agencies. When a U.S. president colludes with, or outright coerces, media companies to censor political speech, it’s an attack on our most sacred right of free expression. And that’s the very right upon which all of our other constitutional rights rest. "

"But we are aligned with each other on other key issues, like ending of forever wars, ending the childhood disease epidemics, securing the border, protecting freedom of speech, unraveling the corporate capture of our regulatory agencies, and getting the U.S. intelligence agencies out of the business of propagandizing and censoring and surveilling Americans and interfering with our elections. Following my first discussion with President Trump, I tried unsuccessfully to open similar discussions with Vice President Harris. Vice President Harris declined to meet or even to speak with me."  

This is leadership.
View Quote

I like a lot of what he says, and really want to like him.  

He may actually be the best of the lot, setting aside some of his wackadoodle conspiracy theories.  Not that it matters, he won’t be elected.
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 10:39:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Sounds like me twenty years ago. Good for him.
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 10:41:10 PM EDT
[#49]
If you think we are voting our way out of this you haven’t caught on yet..  these people just wanted you dead and now they are on your side?

You aren’t red pilled yet
View Quote

Oh look, another one.  "Don't bother voting, we've already lost, the fix is in."

Link Posted: 8/24/2024 10:42:41 PM EDT
[#50]

I like a lot of what he says, and really want to like him.  

He may actually be the best of the lot, setting aside some of his wackadoodle conspiracy theories.  Not that it matters, he won’t be elected.
View Quote

I've always considered him a fringe player with a chequered past - but that speech was excellent, on point, accurate and it will come at a terrible cost for him personally.  That came from somewhere deep within him and I think it will resonate with a lot of people.  Every Democrat should read it and then hang their heads in shame at the destruction they have caused.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top