Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Ironknife:

That should become copy pasta😍
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BigGrumpyBear:
Doing the Decolonizing Magic in Fantasy session now. Blue tinted hair, nose rings tats leading off with weepy stories of her grandmother and familial magical rites they performed at home that the church wouldn't approve of right after going to mass...

Yeah... going about like I expected.

ETA: Sorry guys, couldn't take anymore weepy eyed, tremulous voice familial stories from a person who couldn't look into the camera while talking. Honestly, her eyes flitted everywhere never staying on the camera for more than a split second.

I bailed and am going to do something productive like wash my eyes with bleach.

The comments on how these were lovely and amazing stories from the women participants made me eye roll so hard I now have a headache. The part where the pigeon landed on her grandmothers hand like a Mexican Snow White made me throw up in my mouth a little.

That should become copy pasta😍

I jumped back in when the Q&A started and some things became clearer.

When I rejoined she was talking about her doctor saying her diet had made her vitamin D to low and she needed to lose weight and exercise, which she thought was overly harsh

The presenter said she was a Shaman, and that the earth and plants talk to her in her dreams.

The woman participant who was scowling and silently screaming at her camera during one of yesterdays session said today she was a Wiccan feminist.

The two women that couldn't understand what a monster was; well, one was Wiccan, and the other was pagan.

She still didn't look at the camera for more than a split second. She didn't sound autistic, so I'm left with the impression she was insanely nervous, or scared. The entire time she spoke, she sounded on the verge of a blotchy cheeked, snot bubble filled fit of tears that would make Patrick Swayze proud.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Ted talk worthy presenter either, but on the whole I felt the presentation was unprofessional.

Been through 5 sessions so far and this one was the only one I've been disappointed with.

Glad that one is out of the way, got another one in a bit on world building and how not to affect your pacing which I have high hopes for.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 2:30:11 PM EDT
[#2]
https://www.facebook.com/reel/314246315085762

Yeah it's facebook, but it's such truth.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 2:37:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Rugerlvr:
All of you are making assumptions about his character you can't possibly know enough to make. You're all speaking in general, and even though I've provided what I think is pretty compelling evidence, all I see are people not actually reading what I wrote, and trying to blackpill the situation.

It is insulting, and typical for this place. I'm sorry I shared. I'm going to back out of this thread now, and let you all circle jerk about how people can't change, people aren't deserving of forgiveness, and show just how fucked conservatives are by rejecting the #walkaway people.
View Quote

@Rugerlvr
Don't sweat the surliness and trolling too hard. You're always going to be dealing with humans.

Being just a few steps out in front of your friend, you can help direct him towards "they didn't leave you, they were never with you and never right in the first place, and that's a big part of why this happened to you" and help him avoid the siren call of the neocons, david frenches, and our other assorted loonies and troublemakers.

You probably don't need to have it mentioned but the things said are usually not everything that's going on, we tend to leave the critical bits out.

"All men are mortal

socrates is mortal"

And we would just presume and never say the other part ("socrates is a man"). Often those things are there and unexamined. I can almost gaurantee your friend has some borked up things like that which you can help him see and assess - simply because he hasn't thought of these things before. Or taken them seriously as possibly being true.

One of the big ones is the idea that things are always progressing from whatever we have right now to something that is better - that underlies progressivism.

Or that human nature is changeable by humans.

This one seems to always ride along with "human nature isn't really corrupted."

There also seems to be a real problem with being blind to just how hard it is to have a free society and government that works and makes (mere life and daily living) possible, and how easily that can get destroyed - related to these thing above.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 8:53:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Varmint-Hunter:
I'm working on one of my friends. His stance on everything is in line with most Republicans, but he can't stand Trump. If I can get him to vote for Trump, I can guarantee that he will pull some of his other liberal friends over as well. We'll see.
View Quote

Simply ask him if he's better off now than he was 4 years ago.

I've asked a number of people that and a couple of times seen lights turn on.

Link Posted: 8/25/2024 9:03:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By buck19delta:
 But always felt they were better than those they cheered on.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/25/2024 9:16:12 PM EDT
[#6]

You do you boo.

I love this man, and have for decades. I love him more now. I see a genuine unalterable change in him.
View Quote

Well, apply the " trust, but verify" rule to him and let him prove himself
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 9:45:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By cyclone:

Well, apply the " trust, but verify" rule to him and let him prove himself
View Quote

100% right.

I had a long-time liberal friend, back to our childhood. We would occasionally debate political issues in emails (he lived out of state) and his arguments were basically emotional. And his knowledge of American and world history was limited.

Well, one day out of the blue in 2007 he called me to tell me that, in his words, the "scales" had fallen from his eyes, and he was now conservative. He even became a practicing Catholic in a semi-conservative parish.

Then I noticed about five years ago he would call and ask me the conservative position (and its reasoning) on a few subjects. I thought to myself that, he should KNOW his position simply from his own readings, his conscience, thinking for himself, etc. - NOT from asking me.

Then he went through an acrimonious divorce and was next dating a woman 15 years his junior (he was 65 at the time) who he really liked but from what he told me of her (she had never been married and wanted very badly to have a baby and SOON - whether it was fathered by an anonymous sperm donor or him, didn't seem to matter to her...just SOON. The biological clock.). I politely suggested that for me, this would be a big red flag. Unsurprisingly he also told me she was liberal.

Anyway, he started sounded increasingly liberal, became somewhat more drama - oriented. Then called me one day ostensibly to ask me an "ethical question". After I answered something that was extremely simple, he went on to tell me about someone who he called racist based on one rather nebulous incident. And I disagreed with his opinion of the person in question. The rest of our talk was friendly. When I hung up, I blocked him on phone and email. A month after I got a letter from him apologizing for "offending" me.

I wasn't offended. I was tired. I had no interest, after trying to patiently educate him since our college days, in responding. Apparently he had forgotten his conservative "principles". Had also become too much of a drama queen (his ex wife, girlfriend, his kids,  - lots of drama).

Nope... trust but verify. Life is too short.  

Link Posted: 8/26/2024 2:38:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By tsg68:
Any man under 30 who is not a liberal has no heart, and any man over thirty who is not a conservative has no brains.

Winston S. Churchill
View Quote

Fuck him. I was a conservative as a zygote
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 11:35:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Funny thing about John Brown, he was not a left wing anarchist:

Its Wiki but…
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 1:57:39 PM EDT
[#10]
OP - The late author and Libertarian: L. Neil Smith wrote a Sci-Fi book called Pallas it's about a Vietnamese descended boy who is living in a communist commune on the asteroid Pallas and about his life inside and outside of that commune.
And it describes gun control and totalitarianism within the commune and life outside of the commune where people are living life as libertarians.
Might be a good book to recommend to your friend, ditto with 1984 (I'm sure he's read it) or the Gulag Archipelago

On becoming Red Pilled - my late sister was a divorce attorney living in Berkeley, she was pretty far left. She started to become redpilled after she noticed that the Democratic Party kept getting more extreme and progressive. She started to get scared for her law practice being "canceled" if word got out among her network of lawyers and judges that she wasn't entirely on board with the whole leftwing ideology.
Towards the end of her life was was seriously considering retiring at age 60, selling her house and moving to Mexico just to get away from her "friends" and associates.
Sadly she never made it - she passed away in Mexico, suddenly from a form of Lupus called Catastrophic Anti-Phospholipid Syndrome

I've known a lot of people who lived and escaped from communist countries and listened to their horror stories of their family members being punished for something their grandparents did.
I worked with 2 people whose families were punished because these two people escaped (one from East Germany the other from Maoist China).
The left eats its own and that is something that your long time friend is seeing and experiencing first hand.

Once upon a time Democrats enjoyed hearing different views, sadly those old Democrats have passed away, and the younger Democrats have become Totalitarian and have their "Thought Police"

Link Posted: 8/26/2024 2:18:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By RikWriter:

Attitudes like that are why we lose.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 2JokersWild:
I'm sorry OP but....Fuck him even more. People like him are why we are where we are. A sudden realization that hes a fucking idiot and a half assed apology from him just doesnt cut it from me any more. In my eyes there are no "
red pilled liberals", theres just liberals who are pissed their own party left them behind. Dont think for a fucking second hes actually been red pilled.

He supported all this bullshit, and now hes pissed it bit him in the ass. But he hasnt changed.

Yep, just look at the responses where I posted about two very pro gun candidates trying to get on the ballot for NRA board.

Yeah it has sucked for years but Wayne is gone and now is a chance to take what is still the largest, most influential, well funded pro gun organization and remake it in a way that fights the way we want it, but no "NRA bad, me no like, me support this organization 1/20th the size and nothing else" there was even a pro gun mod acting like reforming the NRA is pointless, like once it gets on our bad side that's it forever no matter how much that is shooting ourselves in the foot.

We need all the allies we can get, isolating ourselves just means we hang separately.

Link Posted: 8/26/2024 4:19:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By IceChimp:

Yep, just look at the responses where I posted about two very pro gun candidates trying to get on the ballot for NRA board.

Yeah it has sucked for years but Wayne is gone and now is a chance to take what is still the largest, most influential, well funded pro gun organization and remake it in a way that fights the way we want it, but no "NRA bad, me no like, me support this organization 1/20th the size and nothing else" there was even a pro gun mod acting like reforming the NRA is pointless, like once it gets on our bad side that's it forever no matter how much that is shooting ourselves in the foot.

We need all the allies we can get, isolating ourselves just means we hang separately.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By IceChimp:
I'm sorry OP but....Fuck him even more. People like him are why we are where we are. A sudden realization that hes a fucking idiot and a half assed apology from him just doesnt cut it from me any more. In my eyes there are no "
red pilled liberals", theres just liberals who are pissed their own party left them behind. Dont think for a fucking second hes actually been red pilled.

He supported all this bullshit, and now hes pissed it bit him in the ass. But he hasnt changed.

The fence sitters still don't realize that their beliefs that government does good stuff is not true and that constantly strangling it is the only thing that will stop this train.

I'm glad Tulsi and RFK are coming around but they probably think government just needs reforms and the right people in charge. Even Trump won't be a slash and burn president but he is almost infinitely better than the whore and her commie entourage.

And I am so looking forward to Trump winning if only because I will get to see Washington DC burn to the ground by left wing mobs destroying their favorite place
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 4:49:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By dedreckon:

The fence sitters still don't realize that their beliefs that government does good stuff is not true and that constantly strangling it is the only thing that will stop this train.

I'm glad Tulsi and RFK are coming around but they probably think government just needs reforms and the right people in charge. Even Trump won't be a slash and burn president but he is almost infinitely better than the whore and her commie entourage.

And I am so looking forward to Trump winning if only because I will get to see Washington DC burn to the ground by left wing mobs destroying their favorite place
View Quote

Yeah. Maybe they'll burn the St. Floyd of Fentanyl statue down by mistake.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 5:01:39 PM EDT
[#14]

A year or two ago, I started noticing things about him were changing. First of all, he's a novelist. He works very hard at it, and has made an okay living at it. He has always been active in the writing community, and attends conferences, and workshops, and teaches auxiliary writing classes at the local university. He started to talk about being canceled by the other participants at these functions. He would sit on panel discussions, and despite considering himself an "ally" he has been attacked because he is an old white man. If you know anything about the literary world, it has devolved into a cesspit of DEI, oppression olympics, critical race theory, etc.
View Quote

I'm glad that guy is changing his view.

What you said here is something that really bothers me: the incessant attacks on white people for just being white. In college (lit studies) there was a big push to "diversify the canon" just for the sake of it; the phrase "dead white guys" was very popular at that time. Good lit is good lit as far as I'm concerned. I don't look at the author's skin color to decide if they might have something valuable to say.

My politics aren't driven by my skin color, either, and I don't have any ethnicity test for ideas, but many others do.

I've never been a racist. It's a petty and narrow way to look at the world. I have seen more racism aimed at whites in recent years than I've ever observed going the other direction.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 5:02:44 PM EDT
[#15]
No

He is mad about the world he voted for.  He cooperated and used his emotions and weak NPC mind to get him where he is.

He made this bed, let him sleep in it.  He is not family.  This sounds like a good way to get Red flagged and swatted.  

At no point should you provide any information on weapons at all. Or even socialize with this person at all. The Covid crisis showed us all where these people want us.  

Do what you want, these people are beyond forgiveness.  The state of country is because of these worthless people, and there is no reason for sympathy .
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 5:03:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gehrig] [#16]

View Quote

Exactly, his party left him behind, he’d go back in a minute. He’s an old guy and just got the drift that his side is commie, it took him that long.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 5:29:37 PM EDT
[#17]
No

He is mad about the world he voted for.  He cooperated and used his emotions and weak NPC mind to get him where he is.

He made this bed, let him sleep in it.  He is not family.  This sounds like a good way to get Red flagged and swatted.  

At no point should you provide any information on weapons at all. Or even socialize with this person at all. The Covid crisis showed us all where these people want us.  

Do what you want, these people are beyond forgiveness.  The state of country is because of these worthless people, and there is no reason for sympathy .
View Quote

In other words.........................Sorry, not sorry
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top