Quoted:
The last box is getting closer by the day
View Quote

What is the Cartridge box?
Link Posted: 8/9/2023 10:53:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Because despite all the grumbling it is very clear at this moment.

You fo, you fo alone.
View Quote

Yeah, I think that, when It does happen, It'll happen accidentally.  Something unexpected will pop off, flare out of control, and It'll spread.

Especially if It's the Right doing It.  We don't really do organization (which is why the Left has been eating our lunch, so far).
Link Posted: 8/9/2023 11:23:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/9/2023 11:40:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Yeah, I think that, when It does happen, It'll happen accidentally.  Something unexpected will pop off, flare out of control, and It'll spread.

Especially if It's the Right doing It.  We don't really do organization (which is why the Left has been eating our lunch, so far).
View Quote

Thats my thinking as well.

For some reason I think it will probably start as something not political at all. When the Arab Spring got started it was because of some Shmuck in Tunisia who couldn't make a living without paying all his money to various government officials who got so frustrated he set himself on fire.
Link Posted: 8/9/2023 11:46:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The Rs should demand to be recognized and request an excused absence each time they stand up to use the bathroom or leave the room for any other reason.

If someone doesn't ask for one, demand the parliamentarian mark them with an unexcused absence.

Demand the roll be called every 20 minutes to ensure a quorom, and demand to hear the excused or unexcused absence status of each person not present, etc.

Grind the legislature to a halt under their own rules.

Kharn
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Alinsky Rule 4: “Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules.”

If the rule is that every letter gets a reply, send 30,000 letters. You can kill them with this because no one can possibly obey all of their own rules. (This is a serious rule. The besieged entity’s very credibility and reputation is at stake, because if activists catch it lying or not living up to its commitments, they can continue to chip away at the damage.)
Link Posted: 8/9/2023 11:54:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Why is the entire North West Pacific full of leftists of all types?
View Quote

Not enough American Legionnaires, too many IWW wobblies,  since well before November 11th 1919:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centralia_massacre_(Washington)

Link Posted: 8/10/2023 11:35:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Why is the entire North West Pacific full of leftists of all types?
View Quote

Because the Northwest pacific borders Russia? Or were you talking about the Pacific Northwest?

Doesn’t look entirely full to me. Post up your state and I’m sure it looks similar.

Link Posted: 8/10/2023 7:42:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
So they(pubs) took a play out of Dem playbook & are being punished for it?
View Quote

Pretty much.

Rules for thee but not for me.

Link Posted: 8/10/2023 7:47:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
With control of the executive legislative and judicial branch along with their buddies in the media the majority party shows how corrupt it is

Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. We are a banana republic boys lol
View Quote

This. Oregon appears to be cooked.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 8:13:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

This. Oregon appears to be cooked.
View Quote
Always has been.

A while back I was reading about what is locally known as "the railroad cut" - a deep man-made ravine that cuts across the peninsula between the Willamette and Columbia rivers(giving a route from the west side of the Willamette, across that river on a bridge, then across the peninsula, and then across a bridge at the Columbia river into Washington - nevermind the fact that there was already a parallel route through a tunnel a couple of miles to the east - the tunnel is a UP route, and the cut is BNSF. Pretty sure the tunnel has always been UP, as the yard just south of there is quite old - but the cut was originally a regional railroad IIRC). It seems that the Portland City Council conspired with the railroad to do this, largely to cut off road transportation to the small city of St Johns, which was getting the majority of the shipping traffic at their docks - well, Portland wanted that business at THEIR docks! This also led to St Johns being incorporated into Portland later on.

So yeah, dirty tricks on a massive scale are nothing new to Oregon.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 8:30:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The Rs should demand to be recognized and request an excused absence each time they stand up to use the bathroom or leave the room for any other reason.

If someone doesn't ask for one, demand the parliamentarian mark them with an unexcused absence.

Demand the roll be called every 20 minutes to ensure a quorom, and demand to hear the excused or unexcused absence status of each person not present, etc.

Grind the legislature to a halt under their own rules.

Kharn
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 8:39:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Senate requires a "quorum" to call a vote.  There's no where near enough Republicans to stop the Dems from passing anything they want, but there are just enough Republicans to make a quorum impossible if they don't show up.
View Quote

this
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 12:31:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Write them in.
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 1:13:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
...or....show up to fucking work?
View Quote

I guess you didn't get the memo.  They were absent in order to prevent egregious gun control and child sex transition legislation from passing.

honestly, I'm not sure why they ever returned.  The dems managed to pass a monstrosity anyway.  I was shocked they went back to the capitol.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top