[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have ‘bad genes’ thread.
View Quote

Your ignorance is worse than my genes.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 11:15:41 PM EDT
[#2]
My classic 76 is on its second or third life, and keeps on chugging. You know it'll last forever when they sell parts and rebuild kits.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 11:17:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm going on 17 years on Wahl clippers. Clean and oil them enough and they last, so that's probably why you think they only last a couple years.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 11:18:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/579267/oneblade_jpeg-3164818.JPG

You obviously have not tried the Phillips OneBlade. It's a game changer.

You don't need some clunky 5 lbs piece of steel the size of a stuffed burrito. This thing is small & portable. And the blades are replaceable so it's always sharp.
View Quote

Ok man, I'll admit I was OneBlade curious.  Enough I googled it to look into getting one.  But then this was the pic. Now I don't know that I'm interested, I hope I'm not the target audience for this ad.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/20/2024 11:23:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I used to use an Oster 76 and they were great, but now I run a Pitbull and razor.  User name checks out.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 11:29:53 PM EDT
[#6]
I use the Wahl $30 clippers. On my third one in 20 years.

I don't save to the skin, but use no guard and the lever to the closest setting every month or so. I don't  want to shave to skin, rather have light stubble. Any suggestions? Key point is I do it myself most times.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 11:44:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Just switched from clippers to these, they don’t have my face worth a shit but they work great on your head

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/124206/IMG_7859-3164814.jpg
View Quote

Sneeze and commit seppuku.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 11:45:20 PM EDT
[#8]
I wouldn't say I go bald but I use a #1 blade. And I concur on the Oster 76. Had mine maybe 11 years now. It's a great tool.

In cold weather particularly, you really feel the difference between 3 or 4 weeks hair growth and fresh cut.

Link Posted: 3/21/2024 12:18:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I use the Wahl $30 clippers. On my third one in 20 years.

I don't save to the skin, but use no guard and the lever to the closest setting every month or so. I don't  want to shave to skin, rather have light stubble. Any suggestions? Key point is I do it myself most times.
View Quote

You want either a cheap balding clipper, or buy once and cry once - the oster 76 and get a 00000 blade for ultra short .2mm hair.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 12:32:30 AM EDT
[#10]
There is nothing like a shorn scrotum. Breathtaking really.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 1:26:21 AM EDT
[#11]
That Oster is nice. I use a Wahl 5-star balding clipper and occasionally hit the scalp with a razor and headslick cream if it needs to be smooth.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 1:50:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 6:43:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I use the $50 clippers and get about 5yrs out of them.

Do sharpen them myself.
View Quote

I’m at my second set of wahls and I’m at nearly 20 years.  Old pair broke bc someone dropped them on concrete.  Only maintenance do is adding oil to the blades; currently using CLP.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 8:10:37 AM EDT
[#14]
I had more women walk up and rub my slick bald head than rub my peach fuzz head.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 8:10:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I use the $50 clippers and get about 5yrs out of them.

Do sharpen them myself.
View Quote

How do you sharpen them?
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 8:13:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'm going on 10 years with the last pos Walmart special I got for $30
View Quote

Same. In 20 years I'm on my second set of clippers.....seems like a reasonable deal.

I still have the old set, I use it to shave around my dog's butthole from time to time, his breed tends to have hairy buttholes.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 8:14:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I have ‘bad genes’ thread.
View Quote

Why is it a bad gene?
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 8:30:44 AM EDT
[#18]
I use dorcos.
You wanna talk about cutting yourself try straight razors on a curved head.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 8:40:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Old man full head of hair master race checking in....
View Quote

Fucking 13'ers
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 8:42:33 AM EDT
[#20]
If God himself came down from the heavens and personally offered me my hair back, I’d decline.  

Fuck hair.  The money I save from haircuts allows me to buy more fishing tackle and guns.

I look better bald.  I feel better bald.  A fresh shave makes me feel like I just came out of the womb.

Also, blade for the win.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 8:43:37 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

ditto,

have done both, and those that think they look better bald are kidding themselves to avoid the uncomfortable truth they look like genetic defects

I hear the best liquid to lube up your head to shave it is your own tears from the realization you look old and weak
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 8:43:40 AM EDT
[#22]
I wax mine.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 8:46:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

ditto,

have done both, and those that think they look better bald are kidding themselves to avoid the uncomfortable truth they look like genetic defects

I hear the best liquid to lube up your head to shave it is your own tears from the realization you look old and weak
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ditto,

Says the guy who's screen name is To Old....spelled wrong.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 9:17:23 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ummmmm....
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 9:23:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Ummmmm....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ummmmm....

Mine isn't spelled wrong, it's abbreviated.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 9:25:36 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 9:25:52 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/579267/oneblade_jpeg-3164818.JPG

You obviously have not tried the Phillips OneBlade. It's a game changer.

You don't need some clunky 5 lbs piece of steel the size of a stuffed burrito. This thing is small & portable. And the blades are replaceable so it's always sharp.
View Quote

I have these and love them. Not great for a full head shave and the replacement blades are expensive. I like them for a pre-shave if I've let my face go a week or more, then using a razor.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 9:26:09 AM EDT
[#28]
Had my Wahl for right at 30 years, got them when I started college. I oil them every so often. I don't use them everday and when I want it done close I use a double edge safety razor.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 9:27:47 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I'm going on 10 years with the last pos Walmart special I got for $30
View Quote
+1, except i got the phillips clippers for $19.99 plus tax
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 9:28:38 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
There is nothing like a shorn scrotum. Breathtaking really.
View Quote

Highly recommend it, I suggest everyone try it.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 9:29:46 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

ditto,

View Quote

It must suck to live your life trying to impress other people. I spend exactly zero time worrying what other people think about how I look.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 9:34:28 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Bald dudes exude confidence
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 9:42:48 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

It must suck to live your life trying to impress other people. I spend exactly zero time worrying what other people think about how I look.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ditto,

Link Posted: 3/21/2024 9:44:29 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 10:18:56 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 10:23:53 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 10:31:13 AM EDT
[#37]
As I bald dude, I wish I still had a full head of hair.  But those look like nice clippers.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 11:12:56 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
First off, congrats on getting rid of that annoying shit on the top of your head… you are going to save yourself months of time and grief over the course of your life. Bald dudes exude confidence, embrace it and never look back!

Now the important part, you need to buy these clippers…

www.amazon.com/dp/B00070E8LA

You’ve probably bought some $50 Wahl pieces of shit from Target or Wal-Mart and think you’re good to go. Throw them in the trash now. They are cheaply made, the motors are shit and you’ll be lucky to get a couple of years out of them.

You might be shaving your head with a razor. Fuck that. Number one, I haven’t met a girl who doesn’t like a tiny bit of shadow. Not a single one liked the shiny smooth finish from a razor… it’s a pain in the ass, you have to keep buying razors, razor burn just sucks ass and so does cutting yourself on occasion. Ditch the blade!!

The Oster Classics are made like a washing machine from the 1950’s. As long as they are maintained, they last forever. I just had to replace my first set after 7 years because I left it them in a damn hotel room and by the time I realized it and called, they couldn’t do anything for me. When I fired up the new pair, they sounded and cut the exact same as my old ones. They are one of the few products out there that have maintained their standard of quality over the years.

You’re welcome.
View Quote

I just got through watching the RAF Banter skit, and read your screed in Michael Palin’s voice.  It was fairly amusing.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 11:18:25 AM EDT
[#39]
Meh I buy 25 dollar Walmart wahls every life 5 years. Never sharpened them in my life. Use like once a week, if not more.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 11:20:15 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Actually you need the Skull Shaver Pitbull.
View Quote

+1

That’s what I have. @UndrGrndPrdcts
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 11:31:29 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

ditto,

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ditto,

Most men , by age 50, experience male-pattern-baldness to some degree.  Shaved head , or at least stubble-head ,   looks better than male-pattern-baldness.

Also , for the part in red ,  no one likes an asshole
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 11:41:50 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

ditto,

View Quote

I'd imagine you're the type that would be emotionally devastated if you had no choice in the matter.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 11:45:29 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I'd imagine you're the type that would be emotionally devastated if you had no choice in the matter.
View Quote

He would be the combover, really bad toupee, or the corn row transplant guy!
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 11:58:15 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Actually you need the Skull Shaver Pitbull.
View Quote

Yep. Best solution I've found.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 11:58:51 AM EDT
[#45]

ROFL that was good.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 12:04:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Blessed with full head of hair so no need to go shaved head.

My dad and uncles where complete 1970's Bozo by their early twenties.

I'd rather do the awesome super come over like my step dad.. that thing was foot and a half tall at full sail !
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 12:12:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 12:18:30 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Just switched from clippers to these, they don’t have my face worth a shit but they work great on your head

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/124206/IMG_7859-3164814.jpg
View Quote

I was just about to post this. A minute a day is quick and easy.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 12:19:30 PM EDT
[#49]
Been using this for 7 years now without issue. Guess I'm doing it wrong though

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/21/2024 12:34:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

This. It's not hard, especially since there's less to shave every year!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I shave with a razor for twenty years now. Every other day.

This. It's not hard, especially since there's less to shave every year!
Came here to say this.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top