BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 10:09:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I bought 5 cases from psa when they had American Eagle for $11.99 a box.
View Quote

Goddamn, I will give you $15 a box…act now!
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 10:11:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
How much was the 5.7? Since they don’t show the goddamn motherfucking shit ass bastard pissant motherfucking price if the fucking goddamn piece of shit is out of stock!

God I fucking hate websites that don’t show their goddamn motherfucking price just because a fucking thing is out of stock. Why the fuck would you not show the goddamn motherfucking price on your stupid fucking shit just because it’s out of stock? I want to know the goddamn price. I don’t give a shit that it’s sold out great it’s sold out fine show me the fucking price you assholes.

Add this user story fuckwits: as a user, I want to know the fucking price of something you are selling even if it’s out of stock.

Why is this a problem for so many gun related sellers? If it comes back in stock and the price is changed, fine. The price changed but at least I have a fucking idea of what it was selling for.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 10:20:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Very cool. Glad to see them continuing on their manufacturing course.

I heard somewhere that they're getting into ammunition as well.  I hope that is true.

As far as the 5.7 goes, I purchased the Ruger 5.7 with 200 rounds right when 5.7 was about to become 4.00/rd.  It was literally about 2-3 weeks prior, so I never even got a chance to shoot it.

However, I dry fired the hell out of that pistol.  Without having fired a live round, I would opine that Ruger did really well developing that gun.  It has excellent balance, pretty good sights and a pretty good trigger.  I had watched a couple review videos.  Paul Harrell's review of the Ruger revealed that the Ruger was more accurate than the FN 5.7.

Hopefully the PSA comes close for less.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 10:23:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

@PreemptiveStrike
Educate me
Why were they great? I have a wasr63 SBR and M85pap SBR
I need a more traditional AK
@ me
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Still waiting for the PSA Type 56 (AK) spiker.

I'd bet if they made a 56 clone they'd sell like mad (I'd rather have the non spiker as IMO it's a better bayonet and removable to use as a knife but any type 56 will do).

You can get most flavors of Eastern block AKs currently through various means, but you cannot get the 56/NHM/MAK 90s anymore and IMO they were the best of the AKs.

YMMV

@PreemptiveStrike
Educate me
@ me

@bradpierson26

In all the examples I've seen of AKs Chinese have had the best fit and finish and solidly constructed. I've seen a couple dozen of various manufacturers and personally "unbanned" a few SAR-1s and Chinese MAKs by threading the barrels and swapping the FSB and gas blocks. I used to lend my barrel threading kit out to members on the AK forum here many years ago and made a thread on how to "unban" an AK.

Many people have varying opinions of what they think is the "best AK" but IMO the Chinese are/were the best. Some of the worst I've ever seen were an early WASR 10s and Egyptian MAADIs.

AK people can be very opinionated and my opinion is worth what you paid for it, hence the YMMV.

ETA the AKs that I "unbanned" were after the expiration of the 94-04 AWB and compliant with 922R
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 10:30:02 PM EDT
[#5]
It appears that the Jakl is an AR-180 upper redesigned to fit on a standard AR-15 lower?

Neat for folders.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 10:32:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Good for them. I did support them recently and am about to grab a dagger probably.

I thought the 5.7 was an odd choice compared to 45 or even 40 for the next dagger. I never shot 5.7 though, so Iay be missing out.
View Quote

yeah yeah yeah......why didn't you post pics of the stickers? You did get stickers right?
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 10:36:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 10:37:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
DAGR slide incoming ...
View Quote

Do they make a G17 length DAGR slide ? ? ?

Or are they all G19 length ? ? ?

Link Posted: 5/12/2022 10:39:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
How much was the 5.7? Since they don’t show the goddamn motherfucking shit ass bastard pissant motherfucking price if the fucking goddamn piece of shit is out of stock!

God I fucking hate websites that don’t show their goddamn motherfucking price just because a fucking thing is out of stock. Why the fuck would you not show the goddamn motherfucking price on your stupid fucking shit just because it’s out of stock? I want to know the goddamn price. I don’t give a shit that it’s sold out great it’s sold out fine show me the fucking price you assholes.

Add this user story fuckwits: as a user, I want to know the fucking price of something you are selling even if it’s out of stock.

Why is this a problem for so many gun related sellers? If it comes back in stock and the price is changed, fine. The price changed but at least I have a fucking idea of what it was selling for.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 1:54:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

@bradpierson26

In all the examples I've seen of AKs Chinese have had the best fit and finish and solidly constructed. I've seen a couple dozen of various manufacturers and personally "unbanned" a few SAR-1s and Chinese MAKs by threading the barrels and swapping the FSB and gas blocks. I used to lend my barrel threading kit out to members on the AK forum here many years ago and made a thread on how to "unban" an AK.

Many people have varying opinions of what they think is the "best AK" but IMO the Chinese are/were the best. Some of the worst I've ever seen were an early WASR 10s and Egyptian MAADIs.

AK people can be very opinionated and my opinion is worth what you paid for it, hence the YMMV.

ETA the AKs that I "unbanned" were after the expiration of the 94-04 AWB and compliant with 922R
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd bet if they made a 56 clone they'd sell like mad (I'd rather have the non spiker as IMO it's a better bayonet and removable to use as a knife but any type 56 will do).

You can get most flavors of Eastern block AKs currently through various means, but you cannot get the 56/NHM/MAK 90s anymore and IMO they were the best of the AKs.

YMMV

@PreemptiveStrike
Educate me
@ me

@bradpierson26

Alright now I’m confused
Talk to me like I’m 5
It’s not a Chinese AK with the build quality and tolerances you’re historically referencing.
PSA is building a PSA AK that looks like a chinese AK
Like a cobra kit car...
Are we expecting them to be the same receiver trigger reunion sight etc?
Interesting viewpoint
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 2:06:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I'd like a Smith & Wesson Model 76 clone that takes Sten mags.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/136710/A757C022-2F68-4146-A900-7707C6F4EB82_jpe-2381884.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
When are they going to make a STEN?

I'd like a Smith & Wesson Model 76 clone that takes Sten mags.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/136710/A757C022-2F68-4146-A900-7707C6F4EB82_jpe-2381884.JPG
Why in the hell would you want STEN mags in 2022?  They suck to load.  They haven't been made since ~1945.  They're single position feed/unreliable.  Even the modified 20rd ones are over 10 bucks now.

If you want a straight 9mm stick mag now, UZI/Colt SMG style make more sense.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 2:08:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Give me that in a 5" 9mm.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 2:19:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

PSA Spiker
I'm just waiting like a spider.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

YMMV

PSA Spiker

I divested myself of AKs but I might buy one of those
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 2:35:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

YMMV

PSA Spiker

<-  AK noob
Why no muzzle device?
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 2:36:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

<-  AK noob
Why no muzzle device?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

YMMV

PSA Spiker

<-  AK noob
Why no muzzle device?

Don’t think the Chinese ever put one on the spiker……… other Chinese AKs had the slant compensator
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 2:41:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Don’t think the Chinese ever put one on the spiker……… other Chinese AKs had the slant compensator
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

YMMV

PSA Spiker

<-  AK noob
Why no muzzle device?

But these are threaded for standard devices?
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:30:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

yeah yeah yeah......why didn't you post pics of the stickers? You did get stickers right?
View Quote

@Spiffums

There's another sticker or two in the garage somewhere.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:33:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Make with the AK-102s already, PSA.  
View Quote

Jamin stated in a thread in the AK board the 102s are 30-45 days out now that the PSAK556 has been released. Fingers crossed. Will make a great big brother for my factory SBR SLR106UR Krink.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:35:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Do they make a G17 length DAGR slide ? ? ?

Or are they all G19 length ? ? ?

View Quote

We have a 17rd frame coming
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:35:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

But yeah, what he said.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:39:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Jamin stated in a thread in the AK board the 102s are 30-45 days out now that the PSAK556 has been released. Fingers crossed. Will make a great big brother for my factory SBR SLR106UR Krink.
View Quote

The final trials for the 101/102 are this week. If they pass they go into production. If that happens it is 30 days or less, fingers crossed ??
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 3:22:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Make with the AK-102s already, PSA.  

@Paulie771

Thank you Sir for the update!
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 3:32:04 PM EDT
[#23]
The retro stuff is supposed to start getting released next week. PSA has been insane lately.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 12:36:45 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Alright now I’m confused
Talk to me like I’m 5
It’s not a Chinese AK with the build quality and tolerances you’re historically referencing.
Like a cobra kit car...
Interesting viewpoint
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

YMMV

@PreemptiveStrike
Educate me
@ me

@bradpierson26

Alright now I’m confused
Talk to me like I’m 5
Like a cobra kit car...
Interesting viewpoint

@bradpierson26

Sorry for the delayed response. You didn't @ me so I didn't see your question. PSA has admittedly had some growing pains with their AK lines and have progressed significantly according to their specs.

They have a Cold Hammer Forged barrel (though it doesn't specify chrome lining). 7.62x39 is less velocity (aka wear and tear on the barrel) so chrome lining in theory is less important if it's not.
They have forged trunnions, which should be much stronger than cast.
They specify a 1.5mm receiver which I'm sure is properly heat treated.

In my opinion this is as close as you'll currently find to an original type 56 that I've seen and have signed up for their "notify me" email on this.

Take from it what you will and I'm in no way affiliated with PSA.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 1:01:09 AM EDT
[#25]
Who needs stickers?
Yeah, I’ve ordered a few things from them, even have a couple of pink cancer awareness ones.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 9:31:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Fuck Imgur can’t post a pic half of the time.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 9:35:35 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Solid rant. I hate when they do that I hate when any company doesn't show the price when something is out of stock
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 11:58:25 AM EDT
[#28]
PSA could really kill it if their 5.7 pistol came with a threaded barrel and 1/2x28 adaptor.  A threaded barrel and adaptor for a FN Five seveN costs 2/3 the price of the entire PSA pistol and isn’t available for the Ruger.  If PSA offered a threaded barrel option straight from the factory at a reasonable price it would be a huge advantage over the other manufacturers.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 4:55:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

@bradpierson26

Sorry for the delayed response. You didn't @ me so I didn't see your question. PSA has admittedly had some growing pains with their AK lines and have progressed significantly according to their specs.

They have a Cold Hammer Forged barrel (though it doesn't specify chrome lining). 7.62x39 is less velocity (aka wear and tear on the barrel) so chrome lining in theory is less important if it's not.

In my opinion this is as close as you'll currently find to an original type 56 that I've seen and have signed up for their "notify me" email on this.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

YMMV

@PreemptiveStrike
Educate me
@ me

@bradpierson26

Alright now I’m confused
Talk to me like I’m 5
Like a cobra kit car...
Interesting viewpoint

@bradpierson26

Neat thanks
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 4:56:37 PM EDT
[#30]
How much was the JAKL?

Edit: $1100
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 5:07:50 PM EDT
[#31]
@Jman_JJE  or anyone else in the know...

There have been rumblings of a PSA "Krinkov" in the works. Still planning for this?
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 7:12:55 PM EDT
[#32]
What if PSA started making S&W revolver clones without the hillary hole?
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 7:27:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

@bradpierson26

View Quote

I've seen a vintage MAK90 one of my buddies has as a NIB collector piece. He let me take it apart. Everything fits exactly right, and the surfaces look better than some of the die tooling in the metal stamping shop I work in. It could be used as a sample for "this is what right looks like". I've seen AKs from all over the former USSR and in all sorts of conditions and up to that point this was easily the most well made.

You know what though, the PSAK47 GF3 I got for Christmas was almost just as good. A little more play in some of the fit, but that's actually what Kalashnikov's intent was for the design. All the machining is emaculate. And the sound it makes, awwwwwww man it sounds exactly like a well maintained but well used vintage Russian AKM when you cycle the action. So good. Given a choice between them I would still take the PSA.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top