Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/29/2023 4:13:36 PM EDT
This is not a parody thread.

I ordered a flame thrower kit form them (berceuse why not) and only received half the order.  There should have been a flame thrower, and fuel back pack. These these a 2 separate items, not a product bundle or anything like that.

I ordered on 11/2, received on 11/8 not bad, but I only got the flame thrower and not the backpack. The packing list showed 2 items, however tracking showed only one box in the shipment.

I immediately contact PSA and get a case number on 11/8.

On 11/15 I get a request for pictures of the order I received.  Okay... well what ever fine, I respond with the requested pictures.

Next I get radio silence, I leave for vacation on 11/22 and come back with no response from PSA.  

I attempt to call on 11/28 but was not able to connect, I was busy and didn't have time to hold very long, this is one me.  I call back today 11/29 and talk to nice lady, I give her the case number and she says they will send me an email with instructions to resolve this issue.

AWESOME great, I can finally get the rest of my order.  

No, no I can't.  The response form PSA is that they are not responsible.  Here is there responce.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Palmetto State Armory does not warranty third party products, and ships these products in the same condition and packaging as they are received from the manufacturer.

You will have the following options to resolve this issue:

1) You may contact the manufacturer directly to request a repair or replacement of the item
2) You may return the affected item for a full refund to Palmetto State Armory within 30 days of the delivery date.
3) We will offer a blemish credit

Thank you for choosing Palmetto State Armory.

Best Regards,
Nyneke
Palmetto State Armory
Customer Service
View Quote

Shit, fine I will contact Exothermic, the company that made the flame thrower.  I get ahold of them explain the situation and they replay with...

Yeah this is obviously not a product warranty issue, but an order fulfillment issue. Retailers buy our products, store them in their own warehouse, and then sell them. You ordered 2 items from PSA and only received one. That's got nothing to do with us, I'm afraid. I don't see any emails of what you said to them, but I would imagine you would just say that you ordered 2 items, and only received 1, and there's only one tracking number, even though there should be 2, since they are separately boxed individual items. The delivery photo clearly shows only the UBF box. The backpack was not shipped or delivered. Call 'em.

-Chris
Exothermic Technologies
View Quote

I send an e-mail back to PSA and get radio silence once again.  

Come on PSA, get your shit together.

EDIT:PSA did in fact, get their shit together and make this right.

Link Posted: 11/29/2023 4:18:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like you got….burned
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 4:19:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Return the entire order and try again. Or credit card chargeback.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 4:21:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I had that coming...
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 4:22:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like PSA is blowing smoke up your ass
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 4:23:39 PM EDT
[#5]
There's a lot of hot takes coming at you, OP.  Sorry about all the heat you're getting.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 4:24:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 4:26:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/29/2023 4:26:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Return and chargeback.  I wouldn’t do business with them again.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 4:26:43 PM EDT
[#9]
That sucks. Hopefully you get your stuff
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 4:27:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 4:31:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 4:31:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Stop solving problems.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 4:33:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Please PM me your order number. I will get you taken care of.

Josiah
View Quote

Nice!
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 4:34:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Chargeback will get you a permaban from buying from PSA again. The OP has an offer from PSA to contact them directly, they will fix it.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 4:35:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Chargeback will get you a permaban from buying from PSA again. The OP has an offer from PSA to contact them directly, they will fix it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I chargeback my statement.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 4:35:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Josiah
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I ordered a flame thrower kit form them (berceuse why not) and only received half the order.  There should have been a flame thrower, and fuel back pack. These these a 2 separate items, not a product bundle or anything like that.

I ordered on 11/2, received on 11/8 not bad, but I only got the flame thrower and not the backpack. The packing list showed 2 items, however tracking showed only one box in the shipment.

On 11/15 I get a request for pictures of the order I received.  Okay... well what ever fine, I respond with the requested pictures.

Next I get radio silence, I leave for vacation on 11/22 and come back with no response from PSA.  

I attempt to call on 11/28 but was not able to connect, I was busy and didn't have time to hold very long, this is one me.  I call back today 11/29 and talk to nice lady, I give her the case number and she says they will send me an email with instructions to resolve this issue.

No, no I can't.  The response form PSA is that they are not responsible.  Here is there responce.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Palmetto State Armory does not warranty third party products, and ships these products in the same condition and packaging as they are received from the manufacturer.

1) You may contact the manufacturer directly to request a repair or replacement of the item
2) You may return the affected item for a full refund to Palmetto State Armory within 30 days of the delivery date.

Best Regards,
Nyneke
Palmetto State Armory
Customer Service

Shit, fine I will contact Exothermic, the company that made the flame thrower.  I get ahold of them explain the situation and they replay with...

Yeah this is obviously not a product warranty issue, but an order fulfillment issue. Retailers buy our products, store them in their own warehouse, and then sell them. You ordered 2 items from PSA and only received one. That's got nothing to do with us, I'm afraid. I don't see any emails of what you said to them, but I would imagine you would just say that you ordered 2 items, and only received 1, and there's only one tracking number, even though there should be 2, since they are separately boxed individual items. The delivery photo clearly shows only the UBF box. The backpack was not shipped or delivered. Call 'em.

-Chris
Exothermic Technologies

Josiah

I am so glad you're here.  I love PSA and everything they have done and are doing.

HOWEVER, how many people get fucked that are not on social media?
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 4:38:14 PM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

You did kinda walk into it
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 4:39:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Josiah is the main reason why I'm a loyal PSA customer .
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 4:41:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Josiah
View Quote

Thank you for reaching out to me.  Unfortunately I figured posting on GD would be faster than calling or e-mailing again.

I also thought that a return might cause just as many issues, as the packing list said 2 items but I would only be retuning 1.

So I pulled the GD nuclear option.

I have replied with the information on this order.

Link Posted: 11/29/2023 4:45:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 4:49:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Personally, I find it really sad that this forum has to resort to Josiah providing the solution rather than the company through normal customer service channels.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 4:51:39 PM EDT
[#22]
These threads are hilarious and always end up with PSA/Josiah taking care of the customer.

ETA: I don’t mean that in a negative light, PSA goes to great lengths to keep people happy.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 4:54:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Personally, I find it really sad that this forum has to resort to Josiah providing the solution rather than the company through normal customer service channels.
View Quote

I mean I see where you’re coming from, but it’s not that different of a situation than most other large companies. Communication break downs/disconnects are nothing new.

Of course OP could have just sent Josiah an IM from the get go after getting a less than satisfactory answer from customer service, but instead he took the nuclear option (as stated in his own words).
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 4:59:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I am so glad you're here.  I love PSA and everything they have done and are doing.

HOWEVER, how many people get fucked that are not on social media?
View Quote

I love PSA as well, but you’ve got a fair point. If OP was someone with no social media, how would he have resolved this?

Link Posted: 11/29/2023 4:59:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I mean I see where you’re coming from, but it’s not that different of a situation than most other large companies. Communication break downs/disconnects are nothing new.

Of course OP could have just sent Josiah an IM from the get go after getting a less than satisfactory answer from customer service, but instead he took the nuclear option (as stated in his own words).
View Quote

Sending an IM does nothing for everybody else that could end up the same BS.  To be clear most of this whole ordeal was completely unnecessary.  An issue like this could have been resolved the day it was reported with a simple "Sorry sir we will send that right out" or " we apologize, how about a we refund the missing item."  What transpired was not customer service, it was a bunch of procedures people followed ( all be it very well) that did notching to resolve the situation.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 5:04:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Return and chargeback.  I wouldn’t do business with them again.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/29/2023 5:07:51 PM EDT
[#27]
PSA does the lords work.  Sounds like in this thread they already are working on fixing this.  Sucks that it didn't go smooth but it should get resolved.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 5:12:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Sending an IM does nothing for everybody else that could end up the same BS.  To be clear most of this whole ordeal was completely unnecessary.  An issue like this could have been resolved the day it was reported with a simple "Sorry sir we will send that right out" or " we apologize, how about a we refund the missing item."  What transpired was not customer service, it was a bunch of procedures people followed ( all be it very well) that did notching to resolve the situation.
View Quote

I agree OP.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 5:14:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Deal with the walmart of firearms and firearm stuff you can expect walmart service at times.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 5:24:33 PM EDT
[#30]
I was in PSA on Saturday and saw that flame thrower.  Man, I was tempted.  But then I had visions of me burning down the neighborhood, chasing old ladies out walking with it, doing drive bys in my truck blasting leaf piles on the side of the road, hiding behind trees waiting on squirrels to get in range….
Came to the conclusion everyone was better off if I didn’t have one.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 5:34:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 5:39:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Josiah
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Best Regards,
Nyneke
Palmetto State Armory
Customer Service

-Chris
Exothermic Technologies

Josiah

And that's why I buy from them.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 5:41:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
These threads are hilarious and always end up with PSA/Josiah taking care of the customer.

ETA: I don't mean that in a negative light, PSA goes to great lengths to keep people happy.
View Quote
The man didn't get his order.  That's not that funny.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 5:44:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

I agree.
I dont think the OP posting this is being unreasonable at all, and I'm thankful for his honesty and transparency.

Its funny...
Someone posts a random negative interaction with a company and we berate them if they didn't try to contact the company prior to their post. Fair enough.

Now, an unsatisfied customer not only has to try to contact the company through normal means, but must ALSO try to privately contact some CS rep on the forum  before they can publically voice their frustration.

Man, the list of qualifications just to be a disgruntled customer is getting a bit ridiculous.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 5:46:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Josiah
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Best Regards,
Nyneke
Palmetto State Armory
Customer Service

-Chris
Exothermic Technologies

Josiah

You can’t get better than this.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 5:46:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Josiah will call you soon.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 5:46:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anyone who has been on this site for more than a week knows that Josiah will take care of any problem they might have, unless of course the problem-haver is a poop throwing gremlin, so why in the world some members feel the need to come here, start a thread and be a dick is beyond me.  You'd have to have your head about a mile up your ass to not know to contact him.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 5:47:50 PM EDT
[#38]
PSA customer service rep who told the customer it’s not there fault when Josiah over rules their decision…

ETA I still love PSA as when they do make a mistake they make it right. That’s customer service from the top down
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 5:48:47 PM EDT
[#39]
WTF?  

How is not receiving an item you ordered a warranty issue?

Total
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 5:56:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Especially when you take into account how big they've become and how rapidly that happened.  I'm sure they'll eventually get it all running as smooth as a Swiss watch, but in the mean time there's gonna be growing pains.  Anyone who's ever run a business and had to deal with employees knows this.  Given all they've done for our community and the 2nd amendment in general, I can forgive a little inconvenience.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 6:02:59 PM EDT
[#41]
I love PSA. And thank the lord we have Josiah to watch over us here.

BUT, I’ve been on the “PSA can’t correct the simplest mistake” train too and it can suck. When they screw up an order one of three things will happen.

A. They resolve the matter quickly and painlessly.  

B. Person resorts to coming here and Josiah corrects it.

C. It doesn’t get brought to Josiah’s attention. Customer sometimes can get stuck in some Twilight Zone limbo where the help on the phone make no sense. Wrong replacement parts arrive multiple times to correct a simple order mistake. Finally you throw your hands up and order it elsewhere.  

95% of the time everything goes smooth. But when they fail, it is in spectacular fashion that leaves you shaking your head. Don’t make me bore you with the multi bcg order fail story.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 6:04:41 PM EDT
[#42]
You have to understand what the schools are like here to understand this customer service issue. It isn't just a PSA thing.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 6:05:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

ETA: I don’t mean that in a negative light, PSA goes to great lengths to keep people happy.
View Quote

They go to great lengths IF you're on AR15.com.

If not, sucks to be you.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 6:05:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Josiah
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Best Regards,
Nyneke
Palmetto State Armory
Customer Service

-Chris
Exothermic Technologies

Josiah

Excellent
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 6:08:08 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

We apologize for the inconvenience. This was a mix-up with C/S not realizing that only 1 of the 2 items had been shipped. They thought it was one item bundled together. This was our error and should have just shipped it to you the first time you e-mailed in, as you said. We dropped the ball. We are shipping out the backpack to you tomorrow. I am replying to your IM as well.

Thank you,

Josiah
View Quote

Fuck yes.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 6:10:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Congrats Firearmsenthusiast, and way to step it up PSA.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 6:13:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

We apologize for the inconvenience. This was a mix-up with C/S not realizing that only 1 of the 2 items had been shipped. They thought it was one item bundled together. This was our error and should have just shipped it to you the first time you e-mailed in, as you said. We dropped the ball. We are shipping out the backpack to you tomorrow. I am replying to your IM as well.

Thank you,

Josiah
View Quote

That is a straight, no bullshit apology.

Though I'm too broke to buy stuff right now, when I get money, this is why you'll get it.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 6:17:24 PM EDT
[#48]
If PSA wanted to, they could pull box size and weight to see what they really shipped. Just to verify before saying "not our problem".

If I send you a box that should weight 20lbs and only weighs 9, and UPS's audit confirms it... then obviously I forgot something.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 6:19:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Sounds like PSA is blowing smoke up your ass
View Quote

Yea that sounds unlike them
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 6:22:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

Exactly.  Why does one need to put them on blast on a forum to get someone's attention?

This should have been handled, properly, before it ever even got here.

"Get your shit together PSA" still applies.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top