Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 660
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 3:25:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Surage] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By C6H12O6:

Ok... I have low expectations for a couple reasons.

If I’m pessimistic and PSA nails it, then I’m ecstatic. Only problem is no one has ever made a good clone lower.

As Wissota said, Aero’s attempts are insulting. Colt did their typical bullshit with safe/fire and selector stops ground off.

It’s encouraging that PSA said they have access to real-deal M4A1s to compare their clone. That said, few people who aren’t into clones understand the importance of every detail. It’s everything and can be messed up easily. Ask Brownells.

BURRRRTTTTT

I hope PSA pulls it off. I really do. I love that PSA chose to take the ‘risk’ of potentially producing this. I’ve been waiting for it since page 90 of this thread and was checking this thread and my email like every few minutes until late Jan when Josiah said it’d be 4 weeks.

Lol dude that ain’t happening
View Quote
PSA CAN pull it off if they dont it's on purpose.  If any of you weird gun freaks ever come to SC visit a PSA site and you will understand why I say if its not perfect they did it on purpose
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 3:50:59 AM EDT
[#2]

If I’m pessimistic and PSA nails it, then I’m ecstatic. Only problem is no one has ever made a good clone lower.

As Wissota said, Aero’s attempts are insulting. Colt did their typical bullshit with safe/fire and selector stops ground off.

It’s encouraging that PSA said they have access to real-deal M4A1s to compare their clone. That said, few people who aren’t into clones understand the importance of every detail. It’s everything and can be messed up easily. Ask Brownells.

BURRRRTTTTT

I hope PSA pulls it off. I really do. I love that PSA chose to take the ‘risk’ of potentially producing this. I’ve been waiting for it since page 90 of this thread and was checking this thread and my email like every few minutes until late Jan when Josiah said it’d be 4 weeks.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

BURRRRTTTTT

So far I haven't heard that they have made any prototypes of the M4. I don't know what PSA specifically has planned to get feedback. I don't know if they mean posting pics of actual lowers or going further. I would hope they send a couple out to some of the users here to have a look over before they make more. That would make it easier to catch something small that needs fixing. Something you couldn't catch from pics, like the takedown detent hole being threaded*, could eliminate the interest of the cloners.

With the Reaper coming out this weekish, the M4 should be right around the corner. To me it seems as though they a getting short on time to send them out(if they are doing that) and get feedback and fix anything before they mass produce the clones to sell.

*would this be a legitimate concern?

Originally Posted By PalmettoStateArmory:

We have several M4A1's at our disposal to compare to. We also will get feedback from you guys as well before we start mass-producing them.

Thank you,

Josiah
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 4:28:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Even if they do manage to screw the M4A1 up it still will be the best of the rest and who will really pass it up? ie. spaceforce
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 9:30:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By XeonEvolved:

Something you couldn't catch from pics, like the takedown detent hole being threaded could eliminate the interest of the cloners.
View Quote
That wouldn’t bother me at all.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 9:33:46 AM EDT
[#5]
View All Quotes

Something you couldn't catch from pics, like the takedown detent hole being threaded could eliminate the interest of the cloners.
Same.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 9:38:18 AM EDT
[#6]
I really hope the clone lowers come out soon.

I'm not buying one... I just want them to stop clogging up this thread.

Link Posted: 2/12/2019 10:11:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By beitodesstrafe:
I really hope the clone lowers come out soon.

I'm not buying one... I just want them to stop clogging up this thread.

View Quote
If I'm not cloning, I'm not living
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 10:17:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: wissota4] [#8]
Originally Posted By Will816:

View Quote
It's not the kill. It's the thrill of the chase.
Once a clone is "done" it's boring lol
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 10:23:30 AM EDT
[#9]

View Quote
Set screws wouldn't bother me either.
As long as they provided the parts and a non hotdog selector.
I mean a real hotdog, not what some people here call a hotdog
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 10:26:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Is there not a a way to do free shipping on 3+ lowers?

Or at least some sort of flat rate?  $9 per kind of sucks.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 10:56:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Getnlwr:

I like 11.5's. Ideally without the giant front sight and just a low pro block. Either way... It looks good though. Nice build.

I'm realy curious what serial number the SNEK manufacturing is up to now. It's got to be over 5k.
View Quote
Thanks. Normally I do go with FF rails but I wanted something different and go back to my roots. I have a 16" middy almost identical that shoots the lights out.

As far as the SNEK lower I agree with you. Based on how fast they sell out., they have to be above 5K. It wouldn't surprise me if it was over 10K.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 11:53:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By walldj45:

View Quote
Many have asked same and got shot down. Only know one person who got a break and he ordered a lot more than 3. I’m ordering 6 Reapers and asked same and was denied. Maybe I should order what I know other person did to get discount.

Link Posted: 2/12/2019 12:26:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Surage] [#13]
Originally Posted By chargerdude70:
Many have asked same and got shot down. Only know one person who got a break and he ordered a lot more than 3. I’m ordering 6 Reapers and asked same and was denied. Maybe I should order what I know other person did to get discount.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By walldj45:

What really sucks is paying $9.00 for shipping + $4.13 for tax when you live in South Carolina and have the lower sent to palmetto state armory for in store pickup
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 12:43:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By wissota4:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By wissota4:
Originally Posted By Will816:

Ain’t that the truth...
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 6:22:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 6:29:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By BrickWurX:
Now that we know lasers are involved!

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7821/46155531315_74eed7a45a_b.jpg
View Quote
Hmm, slightly obscure. At least in the sense of putting it on an AR. But I can see those being popular in the event of robot uprising.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 7:05:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WhisperPickle] [#17]
Doesn't look like the Reapers were released last week. That's means just more time till the M4 lowers
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 7:08:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By socommatthews:
So did the Reapers ever get release last Friday?
View All Quotes
on Feb 6, Josiah posted that there was a delay.

Guys,

Just got informed we are having a slight delay due to coating, so it will by a day ending in a y next week.

Sorry about that!

Josiah
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 7:10:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By GHPorter:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GHPorter:

Guys,

Just got informed we are having a slight delay due to coating, so it will by a day ending in a y next week.

Sorry about that!

Josiah
Thanks. I'm a few days behind so I was searching but didn't see anything.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 7:55:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BrickWurX] [#20]
Originally Posted By Hesperus:
Hmm, slightly obscure. At least in the sense of putting it on an AR. But I can see those being popular in the event of robot uprising.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Hesperus:
Now that we know lasers are involved!

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7821/46155531315_74eed7a45a_b.jpg
Ever watch the film? Low and middle class rage against control.
It really is not an easy film to watch now days. The blonde actresses shifty eye made me nervous. But the story had a solid plot for a 20's film.

I would go Terminator for a robot uprising any day. But why?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 8:16:53 PM EDT
[#21]
I have a question for the folks using Testor paints for color-fill.

Is there an off-black available that best matches the anodizing blackish/ grey of the PSA lowers? Or should I just mix a drop or two of white in and mix to blend?

I was thinking about overfilling or level filling the "TM" on my Snek lower in a black. Sort of eliminating them as a result.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 9:47:40 PM EDT
[#22]

Is there an off-black available that best matches the anodizing blackish/ grey of the PSA lowers? Or should I just mix a drop or two of white in and mix to blend?

I was thinking about overfilling or level filling the "TM" on my Snek lower in a black. Sort of eliminating them as a result.

Thoughts?
View Quote
I had the same idea but thought the only way I could pull it off would be to fill them in solid, Cerakote, and then Color fill.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 10:19:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: giantpune] [#23]

View Quote
I'm more interested to be able to color fill my NFA engraving so it blends in.
Not sure there's a right answer, though.  Anodizing comes out slightly different colors every damn time.  If it was an exact science, then you wouldnt end up with an all black gun from PSA but the handguard, upper, lower, and buffer tube all are different shades of black.  Sometimes its blue.  Sometimes purple, usually gray.  Sometimes even pastel black.  None more black.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnpB3_Oknmw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ds7FRivVMgA
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 1:03:55 AM EDT
[#24]

The Reaper will be going out in two weeks, and the M4A1 two weeks later.

Thank you,

Josiah
View Quote
never got the email to pre pay for the M4A1 -
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 1:12:07 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By army75th:

never got the email to pre pay for the M4A1 -
View Quote
You don't prepay, Josiah will give everyone who preordered a heads up via email for a release time and you jump in and purchase yours
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 5:22:06 PM EDT
[#26]
A dark wave bump to set the mood for the Reaper.....  

In Death It Ends - We All Die
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 5:52:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Doodles:
FYI

SNEK lower is available on the Daily Deals.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 7:32:04 PM EDT
[#28]

Thoughts?
View Quote
I'm sure you could mix a color, but there may be a color out there already that's pretty close.  Check here for some colors they have in enamel paints.  You will probably find a closer match in acrylic paints under the "Black" header (I'm thinking Tamiya or Ammo of MIG might have some good matches as well), but I'm not sure how the acrylic's would hold up.
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 1:53:22 AM EDT
[#29]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTuBzEHE9Mo
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 4:26:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Surage] [#30]
Originally Posted By HappyLife_NoWife:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeqGuaAl6Ic
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HappyLife_NoWife:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTuBzEHE9Mo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeqGuaAl6Ic
WWE The Undertaker Theme Song
 I Couldn't resist this tops them all
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 9:59:36 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By samiam83:
I'm sure you could mix a color, but there may be a color out there already that's pretty close.  Check here for some colors they have in enamel paints.  You will probably find a closer match in acrylic paints under the "Black" header (I'm thinking Tamiya or Ammo of MIG might have some good matches as well), but I'm not sure how the acrylic's would hold up.
View All Quotes

Thoughts?
Thank you for the info, one of the other members was correct, anodized parts are different shades. I am gonna pick up some of the testers stuff from your link, I did not know they made a top line enamel in a flat base. After curing, flat enamels will hold a bit of the same oil as the anodized parts after cleaning and lubing.  I have a feeling the flat gun metal and a touch of flat black will blend completely.
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 10:27:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Doodles] [#32]
Originally Posted By Surage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jya2eBCDcW0  I Couldn't resist this tops them all
View Quote
Bump Bump Bump....rave for the Reaper

Link Posted: 2/14/2019 11:49:10 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 12:14:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Thank you for the info, one of the other members was correct, anodized parts are different shades. I am gonna pick up some of the testers stuff from your link, I did not know they made a top line enamel in a flat base. After curing, flat enamels will hold a bit of the same oil as the anodized parts after cleaning and lubing.  I have a feeling the flat gun metal and a touch of flat black will blend completely.
View All Quotes

Thoughts?
Glad I could help!  
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 1:09:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Will someone update this thread when the reaper drops? I missed the the sign up for it.
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 1:12:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By RandyLahey01:
Will someone update this thread when the reaper drops? I missed the the sign up for it.
View Quote
I'd put money on OP not updating the title.
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 6:07:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By beitodesstrafe:

I'd put money on OP not updating the title.
View Quote
We should start a pool, he has to come back at some point
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 6:32:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: helogene] [#38]
IS there a chance he (OP) could come back and DELETE this thread???

Or has it been "PROTECTED"????
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 6:33:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By helogene:

View Quote
You can’t delete a thread.

He could request a lock though.
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 7:05:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Sputnik556:

View Quote
He could delete the thread subject.
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 7:07:17 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

It won't ever get locked.
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 7:11:27 PM EDT
[#42]

View Quote
He was banned I would think he would have to sign up under a totally new email address and screen name. Therefore he would have no ownership of this thread. At least that would be my guess.; But I'm sure the moderators can do whatever they please with it. It was one suggested to have something done with this thread to protect it from people coming in when new lowers are announced/released and then going and announcing it on Reddit or other chat sites. I don't know why that was shot down.

To solve that we've been stressing that people refrain from coming in here after you've received your email and being all happy and posting about it. We do not speak about it until it's been officially posted on the website for General Public to purchase. This way the pre-order people have the best chance I'm getting what they signed up for.
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 7:18:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: XeonEvolved] [#43]

He was banned I would think he would have to sign up under a totally new email address and screen name. Therefore he would have no ownership of this thread. At least that would be my guess.; But I'm sure the moderators can do whatever they please with it. It was one suggested to have something done with this thread to protect it from people coming in when new lowers are announced/released and then going and announcing it on Reddit or other chat sites. I don't know why that was shot down.

To solve that we've been stressing that people refrain from coming in here after you've received your email and being all happy and posting about it. We do not speak about it until it's been officially posted on the website for General Public to purchase. This way the pre-order people have the best chance I'm getting what they signed up for.
View Quote
Nope, OP isn't banned. He exiled himself. If he wants to return to be berated(for good cause) he can do so at any time. Probably has a couple dozen Mention Notifications to catch up on

eta: OP could come back and edit the title/original post. I get the feeling the mods would be on our side of having it stay as it is though
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 7:21:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By TheTallest:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TheTallest:

1000 YEARS OF PSA
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 7:36:37 PM EDT
[#45]

[ed]He could request a lock though.]/red]
View Quote
Which will accomplish nothing but making the mods laugh and change the title back.
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 7:38:29 PM EDT
[#46]
Nope, OP isn't banned. He exiled himself. If he wants to return to be berated(for good cause) he can do so at any time. Probably has a couple dozen Mention Notifications to catch up on

eta: OP could come back and edit the title/original post. I get the feeling the mods would be on our side of having it stay as it is though
View All Quotes

This.

Side note:  want to see if a member is banned?  Just go to their profile. If they’re banned it’ll say they’re locked. You can reach HBRs profile by clicking on his name on any of his asinine posts.
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 7:44:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Naporter:

This.

Side note:  want to see if a member is banned?  Just go to their profile. If they’re banned it’ll say they’re locked. You can reach HBRs profile by clicking on his name on any of his asinine posts.
View Quote
Thanks for the education!  Could of swore someone reported him as banned. That’ll teach me for regurgitating what someone else said without knowing the facts. Does this mean I’m not really a French Model?

Link Posted: 2/14/2019 7:50:11 PM EDT
[#48]
So... what'd I miss?  
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 8:03:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Doppleganger871:
So... what'd I miss?  
View Quote
Absolutely nothing
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 8:51:10 PM EDT
[#50]

Thanks for the education!  Could of swore someone reported him as banned. That’ll teach me for regurgitating what someone else said without knowing the facts. Does this mean I’m not really a French Model?

View Quote
The only member that I am aware of that got a ban from this thread was SlyTiger after he started threatening to kill other members. Boy, he was a hoot.
Page / 660
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top