BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 660
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 6:13:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By FVMC:
Anyone else get a "review" status after ordering? Usually says "processing". But the last couple orders have been on review for a few days, then to processing. Just curious if others have seen that.
View Quote
Yep.

I've seen it.
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 8:10:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By kbi:

Broke my Rule of 5 calibers

Now I added .300aac to the mixhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/77256/IMG_20190814_143804_668_jpg-1054232.JPG

.45acp

9mm

.12" guage
View Quote
Nice.

Why 300 blk over 7.62x39 if you're limiting calibers?  Also, what's a .12" gauge?  That's one tiny ass shotgun.
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 8:19:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Anyone else get a "review" status after ordering? Usually says "processing". But the last couple orders have been on review for a few days, then to processing. Just curious if others have seen that.
View Quote
They are checking to make sure you are worthy
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 8:24:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: beitodesstrafe] [#4]
Originally Posted By Naporter:
Nice.

Why 300 blk over 7.62x39 if you're limiting calibers?  Also, what's a .12" gauge?  That's one tiny ass shotgun.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Now I added .300aac to the mixhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/77256/IMG_20190814_143804_668_jpg-1054232.JPG

.45acp

9mm

.12" guage
Nice.

Nope.

That is a HUGE FUCKING SHOTGUN

Link Posted: 8/15/2019 8:49:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FVMC] [#5]
Originally Posted By NOLAGT:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NOLAGT:
That's what I was thinking!

I've placed quite a few lately lol. Usually only buy during this time of year. Winter/spring is slow so gotta stock up during the good months

Edit: now that I think of it, "quite a few" (in a couple weeks) to me, is a slow day for some arfcommers
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 9:10:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By beitodesstrafe:

Nope.

View Quote
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 9:34:26 PM EDT
[#7]

I've placed quite a few lately lol. Usually only buy during this time of year. Winter/spring is slow so gotta stock up during the good months

Edit: now that I think of it, "quite a few" (in a couple weeks) to me, is a slow day for some arfcommers
View Quote
Is it an item that requires FFL?  I think I had that when my FFL's license was expiring within PSA's...2 week?.....window. But got an email stating so as well...
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 10:22:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Just wanting to know if anyone has had any experience with surplusammo.com and their SAA stripped forged uppers?  Thinking about ordering a few with their BCG combo and ordering some of the daily deal PSA BCGs at 54.99
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 10:37:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Any word on the time frame for the Israeli lower, esp written in the Hebrew {I guess} safe/semi/auto?
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 11:19:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By EnduroBro:
Just wanting to know if anyone has had any experience with surplusammo.com and their SAA stripped forged uppers?  Thinking about ordering a few with their BCG combo and ordering some of the daily deal PSA BCGs at 54.99
View Quote
SurplusAmmo is good to go. I got a stripped forged upper from them years ago when i built my first grendel, they gave me an upper with the order of the black hole weaponry's barrell.  The upper is nicely etched with their logo and an american flag.  Good Kit.
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 11:39:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BrickWurX] [#11]
Red Ryd-AR Update #5

Finally made it to the range. I kept the round count very low (25 rounds total). Specifically so I wouldn’t miss catching issues by taking a lot of ammo and getting ahead of myself. I’ve not had the time to cycle dummy rounds and go over possible “wear Issues” prior to this first trip as planned. I’ve lost nearly all of my Magpul dummy rounds under shop benches, to the cat, or in the yard! It doesn’t help that I am slightly colorblind, so combine that with the fact the “Brain-Ninjas” at Magpul cast dummy rounds in black, and every other ejected round finds a temporal black hole to evaporate into! I ran out of them, I don’t test cycle live rounds at the shop.

The rifle shot high at 50 yards, so I moved the rear sight higher, allowing for a better cheek weld, and I can now install that lower front sight riser I made prior. I haven’t used any locktite as of yet for this build, thus the reason I keep checking the front sight assembly and fidgeting with parts (paranoia). Also, I am NOT an “operator” (or even slightly cool),  I don’t normally shoot with Mechanix gloves. But, I didn’t wanna scratch up that wood stock I’ve got 80+ hours invested in. And if I had a housing or part burst free during test firing, maybe the work gloves would keep the rifle from taking every finger off, or maybe just prevent them from launching down range! I’m also a lefty, shooting an AR offhanded isn’t horrible for me. But THIS rifle is not a normal AR, that stupid leather strap drove me frickin nuts! The only real way I could get a somewhat clear video was to shoot offhanded (Propped the phone against a towel because I made the mistake of thinking someone at the range might offer to help).

The video is spliced at a function test with no rounds, and then three rounds fired consecutively. These are early rounds, numbers 6, 7 and 8. I shot three individual single rounds first, then two rounds to begin a cycle testing, then this video of three rounds. Still very new. I have zero experience with phone recording, or editing (it shows), or making a youtube channel (which sucked), so please forgive the issues and short run. I will get something better done at some point down the road when I have help.

BrickWurX Mfg. Lever Action AR-15, Initial Cycle Test (Red Ryd-AR / Christmas-15)

The ammo (55Gr federal 5.56), cycled better than the polymer dummies. It wasn’t flawless (probably because I was babying the rifle), but no ejection issues other than from time to time there was a slight “catch” within the first 1/2" of travel. I could feel it early which caused me to pause, but, the round would eject no problem. First I thought it may be the hammer, but I found this to be an issue with original design of the square headed cam pin (note the wear for so few rounds). The entire BCG is PSA, nothing wrong with the parts, I’m just using them in a way that is not "as designed" (think piston driven AR). With no gas to push the bolt hard forward unlocking the cam pin by force, it wants to catch on the upper receiver guide rail occasionally. It was only a touch of resistance, but I didn’t like (noticeable in the video, ejecting the 3rd round).

After shooting, I remedied this by clipping the front of the gas tube to install a POF roller cam (Using Perma-blue for the temp color fix while testing). I also swapped the factor PSA bolt for a NiB bolt, removed the gas rings, and added an Adams Arms bolt forward spring. When modifying the carrier earlier, I used Carakote to refinish it. Cerakote is very oil resistant, the oil I was using pooled in spots, and ran off in others (I use 30W Mobile 1 synthetic in my AR’s). Because this rifle does not use a gas system, I subbed the oil with high temp marine grease. I was surprised at the improvement, stupid slick, Cerakote holds it very well.  All of this may be overkill as the cam pin may have worked itself out eventually, but it fixed my concern.

When cycling brass I also notice that the BCG did not travel back quite as far as I wanted. I missed this during bench testing. The back of the BCG carrier key was striking the charging handle cover plate, as intended, but a modification was in order for more travel. Below shows the original cover, and the cover post machining off about a ¼”, It doesn’t sound like much, but it made a big difference in loading a new round. (Alumablack touched things up for now)

Much smoother cycling action now than prior, and before wasn't bad at all. I will be playing with the return spring strength before heading back to the range. It is OK as-is, but cycling the action was a little tough for my off hand. This could  be explained away by how backwards offhand lever action shooting felt for me, but I would like to get it dialed in a bit better if possible. For those that may ask, I did not attempt to group any shots on paper this time out. Didn't even set out a target. I Just found a lump of dried grass at 50 yards out, and made it work. I will note that while I like the novelty of a lever AR, followup shot timing was way off compared to how I shoot with a standard AR. Strong or weak handed, that me simply require more range time.

Next range trip I will do a better job with video. Hopefully next round will be a little cooler, and not as dusty.

Edited cause I forgot: I switched the bolt after round 3 to the NiB version, thinking that would be a quick fix to the slight catch/ bump I felt when charging another round. The cut down bolt and roller cam with AA spring was just after getting back to the shop.
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 11:47:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By BrickWurX:
Red Ryd-AR Update #5

Finally made it to the range. I kept the round count very low (25 rounds total). Specifically so I wouldn’t miss catching issues by taking a lot of ammo and getting ahead of myself. I’ve not had the time to cycle dummy rounds and go over possible “wear Issues” prior to this first trip as planned. I’ve lost nearly all of my Magpul dummy rounds under shop benches, to the cat, or in the yard! It doesn’t help that I am slightly colorblind, so combine that with the fact the “Brain-Ninjas” at Magpul cast dummy rounds in black, and every other ejected round finds a temporal black hole to evaporate into! I ran out of them, I don’t test cycle live rounds at the shop.

The rifle shot high at 50 yards, so I moved the rear sight higher, allowing for a better cheek weld, and I can now install that lower front sight riser I made prior. I haven’t used any locktite as of yet for this build, thus the reason I keep checking the front sight assembly and fidgeting with parts (paranoia). Also, I am NOT an “operator” (or even slightly cool),  I don’t normally shoot with Mechanix gloves. But, I didn’t wanna scratch up that wood stock I’ve got 80+ hours invested in. And if I had a housing or part burst free during test firing, maybe the work gloves would keep the rifle from taking every finger off, or maybe just prevent them from launching down range! I’m also a lefty, shooting an AR offhanded isn’t horrible for me. But THIS rifle is not a normal AR, that stupid leather strap drove me frickin nuts! The only real way I could get a somewhat clear video was to shoot offhanded (Propped the phone against a towel because I made the mistake of thinking someone at the range might offer to help).

The video is spliced at a function test with no rounds, and then three rounds fired consecutively. These are early rounds, numbers 6, 7 and 8. I shot three individual single rounds first, then two rounds to begin a cycle testing, then this video of three rounds. Still very new. I have zero experience with phone recording, or editing (it shows), or making a youtube channel (which sucked), so please forgive the issues and short run. I will get something better done at some point down the road when I have help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv7U2xt8QUE

The ammo (55Gr federal 5.56), cycled better than the polymer dummies. It wasn’t flawless (probably because I was babying the rifle), but no ejection issues other than from time to time there was a slight “catch” within the first 1/2" of travel. I could feel it early which caused me to pause, but, the round would eject no problem. First I thought it may be the hammer, but I found this to be an issue with original design of the square headed cam pin (note the wear for so few rounds). The entire BCG is PSA, nothing wrong with the parts, I’m just using them in a way that is not "as designed" (think piston driven AR). With no gas to push the bolt hard forward unlocking the cam pin by force, it wants to catch on the upper receiver guide rail occasionally. It was only a touch of resistance, but I didn’t like (noticeable in the video, ejecting the 3rd round).

After shooting, I remedied this by clipping the front of the gas tube to install a POF roller cam (Using Perma-blue for the temp color fix while testing). I also swapped the factor PSA bolt for a NiB bolt, removed the gas rings, and added an Adams Arms bolt forward spring. When modifying the carrier earlier, I used Carakote to refinish it. Cerakote is very oil resistant, the oil I was using pooled in spots, and ran off in others (I use 30W Mobile 1 synthetic in my AR’s). Because this rifle does not use a gas system, I subbed the oil with high temp marine grease. I was surprised at the improvement, stupid slick, Cerakote holds it very well.  All of this may be overkill as the cam pin may have worked itself out eventually, but it fixed my concern.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48548099246_5b2acd6fa5_c.jpg

When cycling brass I also notice that the BCG did not travel back quite as far as I wanted. I missed this during bench testing. The back of the BCG carrier key was striking the charging handle cover plate, as intended, but a modification was in order for more travel. Below shows the original cover, and the cover post machining off about a ¼”, It doesn’t sound like much, but it made a big difference in loading a new round. (Alumablack touched things up for now)

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48548099011_e9efcd4821_c.jpg

Much smoother cycling action now than prior, and before wasn't bad at all. I will be playing with the return spring strength before heading back to the range. It is OK as-is, but cycling the action was a little tough for my off hand. This could  be explained away by how backwards offhand lever action shooting felt for me, but I would like to get it dialed in a bit better if possible. For those that may ask, I did not attempt to group any shots on paper this time out. Didn't even set out a target. I Just found a lump of dried grass at 50 yards out, and made it work. I will note that while I like the novelty of a lever AR, followup shot timing was way off compared to how I shoot with a standard AR. Strong or weak handed, that me simply require more range time.

Next range trip I will do a better job with video. Hopefully next round will be a little cooler, and not as dusty.
View Quote
So cool.
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 3:23:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Red Ryd-AR Update #5

View Quote
That's neat, for those just tuning in here are the previous updates:
Update #1
Update #2
Update #3
Update #4

Brickwurx - are you willing to show us more pics of the mechanism for the lever action? You have an image in update 3 and explain it further here but I think some of us are curious about what the interaction between the lever and BCG look like. I am having trouble visualizing it (*Don't know if you are trying to patent it and don't want to show that much yet)
pic I'm referring to:

Anyways you have shown us some great art both as drawings and firearms
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 7:51:22 AM EDT
[#14]
that is awesome
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 8:09:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By chargerdude70:
Is it an item that requires FFL?  I think I had that when my FFL's license was expiring within PSA's...2 week?.....window. But got an email stating so as well...
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By chargerdude70:

No FFL.
Upper and optics.
Day 4 or 5 on review now.

An order for a few mags was "reviewed" for a couple days too. A week or 2 ago
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 9:17:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Red Ryd-AR Update #5

View Quote
That is super cool. Well done BW.
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 9:31:35 AM EDT
[#17]
That is sweet how short the stroke is on the Red Rider!

If we can keep our mags...guess that is the work-around on the AWB - LOL

Red
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 10:50:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Red Ryd-AR Update #5

Edited cause I forgot: I switched the bolt after round 3 to the NiB version, thinking that would be a quick fix to the slight catch/ bump I felt when charging another round. The cut down bolt and roller cam with AA spring was just after getting back to the shop.
View Quote
That is fantastic!

When will you be selling these kits? I'm serious, TAKE MY MONEY!!!
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 11:36:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Red Ryd-AR Update #5

View Quote
WOW, that throw is much shorter than I would have thought it would be.

Fantastic work!
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 3:08:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kersty52] [#20]
I finally got my new safe.

Then I decided to start putting things together.....fuuuuuuuuck.  That’s just the kits and uppers, I have enough spare shit laying around to make a few more rifles and carbines.

Now I am figuring out where some of my money has been going besides lowers
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 3:13:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By kersty52:

Then I decided to start putting things together.....fuuuuuuuuck.  That’s just the kits and uppers, I have enough spare shit laying around to make a few more rifles and carbines.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/320626/14445D0B-D1FE-4399-97B8-F64A17BFD19A_jpeg-1056613.JPG
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 3:26:47 PM EDT
[#22]

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/320626/14445D0B-D1FE-4399-97B8-F64A17BFD19A_jpeg-1056613.JPG
View Quote
That's beautiful. I wish I had your problem.
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 4:22:18 PM EDT
[#23]
I ordered a complete upper on monday and it was at my door on thursday afternoon. I was impressed with their speed.  
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 4:36:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Nice.

View All Quotes

.45acp

9mm

.12" guage
Nice.

Wanted something different

I've had plenty of ak's the last 3 decades

And being able to use my gi and p-mags for .300 is a nice trade off in not having to buy another type of magazine

Plus the .300 is getting suppressed in the coming months

I'm out in the sticks several days a week and even though the neighbors are a few hundred yards I wanna keep my shooting on the down low

A suppressor I can who're from the .300 to the 5.56's would be handy

Sorry 12 guage!

Tired to much driving around the last 3 weeks
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 4:38:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Nope.

View All Quotes

.45acp

9mm

.12" guage
Nice.

Nope.

That would be a Thai lady boy surprise for you

I ain't shooting that thing
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 4:39:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By badredfish:
That is sweet how short the stroke is on the Red Rider!

If we can keep our mags...guess that is the work-around on the AWB - LOL

Red
View Quote
Figuring out the gearing configuration took some time, I worked to keep it short. It was important that 30 round mags and drums would work. It's possible to cycle the action without removing the thumb from the stock hole by rocking the hand. But I found that movement odd for an AR. Not as easy as prior to the addition of a return spring.

The thumb hole stock looks better than if it were filled in solid, for complaint states a solid stock will work just as well. I made the hand grip as wide as those of a shotgun or a precision bolt rifle, much bigger than AR grips. You can see how the grip rounds at the top and groves for placement of the thumb either through the stock, or beside it.  I sucked at cycling right handed, left handed I do not use the thumb hole, my thumb rests over the grip parallel with the barrel. Much faster cycling the action cowboy style. No issues with grip.
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 5:15:13 PM EDT
[#27]
@Brickwurx

That is a thing of beauty!  You should totally sell that design to a company that would be able to mass produce it. I’m sure there must be some Company out there that likes producing firearms and firearm related accessories. Did I miss the compass in the stock?

On another note, my IStand lower got delivered to my LGS. Now just waiting on a phone call from them.
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 5:52:44 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote
First world problems. Me? Lower rich and upper poor.
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 7:34:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: beitodesstrafe] [#29]
Finally built my SNEK gun:

Link Posted: 8/16/2019 8:17:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Naporter] [#30]
Finally built my SNEK pistol:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/138374/20190816_192647-1056864.jpg
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 9:02:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Brink89] [#31]
anyone go over the 4-6 weeks wait? for a preorder lower
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 9:07:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Thinking about a 16" mock dissy with midlength gas on an A2 lower.
Anybody have thoughts on that?
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 9:12:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Brink89:
anyone go over the 4-6 weeks wait?
View Quote
I just popped in on the last page, so I'm not sure if your question is in reference to a specific item.

Be that as It may, I made two orders last Monday and one arrived last week and the other arrived yesterday. The order that shipped last week was a red dot and some mags. The order that shipped out and arrived this week was an upper receiver and some ammo. The upper showed as in stock when I placed my order but apparently other orders were filled and they were out of stock until this week.
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 9:14:49 PM EDT
[#34]
FIFY
View All Quotes
Finally built my SNEK pistol:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/138374/20190816_192647-1056864.jpg
FIFY
@Naporter

Fixed

edit to gun

and thanks
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 9:16:58 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote
That's a lot of freedom  . . Nice
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 9:19:19 PM EDT
[#36]
@Guitargod1985

for a preorder lower. i edited my post to reflect that.
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 9:22:01 PM EDT
[#37]

Then I decided to start putting things together.....fuuuuuuuuck.  That's just the kits and uppers, I have enough spare shit laying around to make a few more rifles and carbines.

View Quote
Dang, I've got room in my safe if you need to thin the herd haha
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 9:51:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: giantpune] [#38]
View Quote
We're at 5.2 weeks (37 days) since the a-salt order went through.  They don't typically do anything on the weekends.  Monday will be 5.7 weeks (40 days).  Cutting it close.  They may have to throw in an extra sticker or some bubble wrap in the box to make up for it.  Sure would hate to see them lose some more customers over this.
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 10:20:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By giantpune:
We're at 5.2 weeks (37 days) since the a-salt order went through.  They don't typically do anything on the weekends.  Monday will be 5.7 weeks (40 days).  Cutting it close.  They may have to throw in an extra sticker or some bubble wrap in the box to make up for it.  Sure would hate to see them lose some more customers over this.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By giantpune:
Someone posted a couple pages ago that they'd received a tracking number for their A-Salt lowers so they should be trickling out soon.  But at the end of the day, they'll get here whenever they get here.
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 11:56:12 PM EDT
[#40]
A salt and Ammo shipped.

Still no love on Yeet!
Link Posted: 8/17/2019 8:55:51 AM EDT
[#41]
Red Ryd-AR Update #5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbXWqatpito

View Quote
Im going to ask the obvious question... Do you plan on, or have the means to manufacture these? If so, i will order one for sure. Beautiful!
Link Posted: 8/17/2019 8:57:17 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By dlshady:

Someone posted a couple pages ago that they'd received a tracking number for their A-Salt lowers so they should be trickling out soon.  But at the end of the day, they'll get here whenever they get here.
View Quote
Yes sir, mine should be here Tuesday.

Yeet Cannons are arriving today.
Link Posted: 8/17/2019 9:02:38 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By speedbuggy16v:
just our of curiosity whats the lag time on PSA orders at the moment?
View Quote
Update for anyone else curious on lag time, ordered on the 10th will arrive on the 19th!
Link Posted: 8/17/2019 9:07:46 AM EDT
[#44]
Yeet’s are at FFL. He wasn’t available for first attempt for the IStands. So Monday on those I suppose. Wasn’t the Asalts the ones that appeared in daily deals before email was sent?  I got in on those about 2 hours after the fact and still are processing.
Link Posted: 8/17/2019 1:33:46 PM EDT
[#45]
View All Quotes

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/138374/giphy-663526.gif
hahahha ban em! i dare ya!!!  like the Borg, or Legion, we are many hahha
Link Posted: 8/17/2019 1:41:22 PM EDT
[#46]
@PalmettoStateArmory

What is the status of the Backlash 9s? Are they in production, or are you waiting until all units have been sold?
Link Posted: 8/17/2019 3:33:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Sputnik556:
@PalmettoStateArmory

What is the status of the Backlash 9s? Are they in production, or are you waiting until all units have been sold?
View Quote
Yea...they are a wee bit behind on that 4-6 week delivery...8 weeks and counting  
Link Posted: 8/17/2019 3:43:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 8/17/2019 7:01:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By d16man:

4-6 weeks was a guess on atf variance approval iirc.
View Quote
i believe you are correct there sir.
Link Posted: 8/17/2019 7:19:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By kunkernator:
Im going to ask the obvious question... Do you plan on, or have the means to manufacture these? If so, i will order one for sure. Beautiful!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kunkernator:
Red Ryd-AR Update #5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbXWqatpito

With a premium wood stock, possibly (but selectively expensive), strong injection molded plastics, negative for now. The latter being the only realistic option for sales sustainability. This design was really only conceived because of the Christmas themed design I was working on. I had no idea if I could pull it off, or make something work.

Now that that the Red Ryd-AR is mostly GTG, my next move is to shift to a more standard AR platform. 3D print a stock for an AR with less work invested (test rifle). Run it hard, try and break stuff, R&D, rinse, repeat. Dial things in.

I originally considered a minimalist build kit, but that could leave a lot of problem areas for a builder. A standard kit would be better, then maybe a few premium options if that works out.

Standard kit:
Composite polymer stock Kit (thumb hole or solid fill option, maybe a few color options), - includes stock assembly (lever drive mechanism, buffer tube assembly, & lever assembly)
Front trigger guard drill/trim jig, with anti-walk pin kit
Bolt carrier (with cam pin and return spring)
Upper charging handle slot plug
Gas port cover sleeve (options for different sized barrels)

Upgrades kits could include a matching upper and lower set (Lower pre-drilled, or even a billet machined lower with lever slot milled in), Upper with gas tube port removed, and charging handle port flap. Possible wood upgrades, or brass lever parts, pretty open at that point for design parts.

All of that a would depend on a market demand.
Page / 660
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top