Link Posted: 8/24/2019 11:44:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 11:44:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GamecockOperator] [#2]
500!

damnit man.. i was trying for that.
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 11:45:21 PM EDT
[#3]
How are we doing on the 458. Lol just wanted to put this on a fresh page.
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 11:45:49 PM EDT
[#4]
In on 500!

Happy Birthday PSA!!!
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 11:50:43 PM EDT
[#5]
HBR 500
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 11:51:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 917-30] [#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Sgt_Fish:
Check your spelling on the lower, burt. Otherwise it looks awesome.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Sgt_Fish:
Originally Posted By BrickWurX:
For those asking about the JP lower, I took the Velociraptor fossil image and vectored it down to fit a 1.25” square. It had to be redrawn completely to work as a deep laser cut. It isn’t exact, the original has far more detail, but it is about as close as I can get and it still remain usable.

Concerning the Lettering, yes that “style” has been around, but a style of lettering is different form a computer font someone worked on. The previously selected font used in your example has a copyright from 1991 and 2001, and is reserved. We cannot use that font, but, what I used for the serial and title should be close enough and probably OK. None of those fonts will work for the selector markings however, the letter type is too small (about a 7-8 font height when cut). I used a similar but solid font like in previous illustrations to fit that need. May still need to reduce the lettering, not sure.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48608659352_31e8007592_b.jpg

Also, I fixed the lowers list.
Check your spelling on the lower, burt. Otherwise it looks awesome.

The curse of Burt strikes again

...and in on 500

ETA

From page 13 of this thread when it was still just a complaint thread.

Here is the post that led to the custom lower that brought us all these pages and a bunch of custom lowers...

Originally Posted By Hebrew_Battle_Rifle:
Alright, listen up!
1. In my original post, I complained that PSA was using my money to conduct their business by charging my card immediately and then waiting too long to actually ship my order. I stated that I thought that practice was dishonest. After making that post, I returned to the PSA website and found that they clearly state that my card would be charged immediately and that there may be a delay in shipping. I should have read their policies before placing the order. I was wrong to complain about it here when it was clearly posted on their website.
Obviously I cannot retract my statement. All that I can do is own my error without equivocation.

I received an automated email from PSA stating that my order had shipped.

2. I am not a shill for anybody. I have no connection to any online vendor save for being an occassional customer. I have not engaged in any form of communication with any vendor outside of automated messages generated by computer when orders are placed, orders are shipped, or items are ounce again in stock. There is an exception to this in that I have traded PM with a representative of PSA on this forum.

3. I will not address any of the false accusations leveled at me by a pack of illiterate, poop flinging gremlins.

4. SiteStaff, respectfully, if I have violated the COC, then swing your hammer accordingly.

That is all.
 Carry on.
From page 15
Originally Posted By Alexville:
Gremlin stripped lowers with fling/no fling selector markings?
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 11:57:14 PM EDT
[#7]
When this thing goes over 500 pages, I wonder if we could come up with a lower for it?
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 11:57:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Unless PSA has figured out how to disguise their inventory and stopped letting us figure out how many items are left.

Looks like the upper I bought this morning has less than 10 in stock. So if you are on the fence with the 8inch barreled 9 upper. Might want to pull the trigger.
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 12:07:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: drfroglegs] [#9]
In on 500!

Thanks HBR for starting this thread! It's spread so much happiness!
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 12:12:29 AM EDT
[#10]
For page 500, can we discuss an Aliens themed lower?

- Weyland Yutani marked lower

or

- M41A pulse rifle marked lower

or

- Weyland Corp. lower

or

- .45 cal straight stick mag lower with M41A markings

Loads of super creative folks in this thread that can make something happen.
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 12:12:56 AM EDT
[#11]
500!
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 12:14:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By GamecockOperator:
oh i dont think they had to buy more machines.. ib et they had pleanty on hand.  i bet in fact that they're ramping up to produce tons more asap with all the rhetoric going on in the news these days.

i think it would be best to ship them all once they are all done, not piece meal... as it causes more issues than it fixes.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GamecockOperator:
Originally Posted By dlshady:

Just from what I've been able to ascertain from reading the thread (and knowing a little about how production works) this stuff is made in batches, so when they receive a batch from production they'll fill as many orders as they can and then they'll wait until the next batch arrives.  I know several guys were talking about receiving tracking numbers for their Yeet Cannons while mine still showed "processing", and those guys already have theirs in hand while mine is sitting in a UPS terminal somewhere between Columbia and Alabama.

Look at it this way...  Other than quality control and inspection, I'd assume that annodizing is probably the last step these lowers go through before being ready to ship.  I'm sure their annodizing tank can only process a given number of lowers at any given time, so let's assume that number is 500, or maybe even 1000.  Would we want them to hold on to all of a given lower (Yeet Cannon) until every last one was finished an ready to ship, or would it be better to go ahead and send the finished ones to shipping so they can go ahead and get them processed and sent down the road?
oh i dont think they had to buy more machines.. ib et they had pleanty on hand.  i bet in fact that they're ramping up to produce tons more asap with all the rhetoric going on in the news these days.

i think it would be best to ship them all once they are all done, not piece meal... as it causes more issues than it fixes.
They may well have had ample manufacturing capability already on hand before this started, but I still think it probably blew up to a point beyond any of their wildest dreams.  And I completely agree, with the most recent shootings and crazy leftist BS in the news, I sincerely hope they have their forges running non-stop 24/7.  Especially with elections right around the corner!
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 12:44:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: NOLAGT] [#13]
Originally Posted By DCV_117:
Had out my Approval 15 lower earlier, still don't know what to do with it.
View Quote
I got 5...gave one to my FFL guy because he doesn’t charge me a dime.  2 are going to be .22s one with a 4” barrel and the other a 8”. RTBA .22/9mm slick side uppers.  KNS buffer tube to pic rail so I can run some sig folding braces or sticks if I SBR them. Not sure on the hand guards yet and maybe a binary trigger. Maybe I’ll do a 3rd with a 16” barrel...no plans to build the 4th at this time.

Happy 5hundo
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 1:01:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By drfroglegs:
In on 500!

Thanks HBR for starting this thread! It's spread so much happiness!
View Quote
And emptying wallet's lol
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 1:07:04 AM EDT
[#15]
500 pages of this!!!!

WAHOO!!!!
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 2:59:24 AM EDT
[#16]
500 pages of fun
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 3:11:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By FVMC:
Anyone else get a "review" status after ordering? Usually says "processing". But the last couple orders have been on review for a few days, then to processing. Just curious if others have seen that.
View Quote
My last order just went from "review" to "processing"...
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 3:20:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Thanks HBR for this Yuuge thread.
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 4:09:48 AM EDT
[#19]
I dunno, PM Josiah and see if he has any interest in you doing that for them.  I know you have no interest in going back to read all 499 pages but there have been occasions where he popped in here and just asked if we would buy something if they were to produce it, and then there have been times when we kicked an idea around, Brickwurx put together an image and it was just so incredibly cool that PSA couldn't not make it.

And to be perfectly honest, I suspect this whole limited edition lower shenanigans blew up to a level that no one at PSA ever saw coming, and I wouldn't doubt that it made them seriously re-evaluate their production capabilities.  I'd be surprised if they didn't have to add a few lines and buy some additional machines just to keep up with the insane demand that a bunch of dorks like us created.  It's been good for their business I have no doubt, and it's been great for us as well.  We all owe Josiah and his brother a huge Thanks! for being willing to ever start this insanity in the first place.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Brink89:

When Josiah and his brother decide one looks like a good seller he will pop in here and announce that it's the newest approved lower.  To be honest though, I doubt they're paying a whole lot of attention to that list here lately because there are so many which have already been approved still waiting to be produced.  As soon as one makes the approved list, someone will start pissing and moaning about "When's it going to get made?  I've been waiting three days already!" so I doubt they're very worried about adding new stuff to the list right now.  At least I sure wouldn't if I were in their shoes.
I hear that the list currently has about 20 or so to be produced. Just had a thought that making a poll for the unconfirmed for people to vote on may help PSA gauge which ones would be in-demand.
I dunno, PM Josiah and see if he has any interest in you doing that for them.  I know you have no interest in going back to read all 499 pages but there have been occasions where he popped in here and just asked if we would buy something if they were to produce it, and then there have been times when we kicked an idea around, Brickwurx put together an image and it was just so incredibly cool that PSA couldn't not make it.

And to be perfectly honest, I suspect this whole limited edition lower shenanigans blew up to a level that no one at PSA ever saw coming, and I wouldn't doubt that it made them seriously re-evaluate their production capabilities.  I'd be surprised if they didn't have to add a few lines and buy some additional machines just to keep up with the insane demand that a bunch of dorks like us created.  It's been good for their business I have no doubt, and it's been great for us as well.  We all owe Josiah and his brother a huge Thanks! for being willing to ever start this insanity in the first place.
The list is available to all, I revise it as often as I can to keep it updated.

CLICK FOR LOWER LIST UPDATE - PAGE 424

Currently there are 18 lowers remaining on the CONFIRMED list (52 NON-CONFIRMED, and growing).  PSA may or may not make every lower on the confirmed list, sometimes interest drops, things change. With the exception of the Bear Creek Arsenal lower design, most lowers that make it to the CONFIRMED list, have been made. Other than the "ALLOUTPFG-15", nothing new has been moved from unconfirmed to confirmed for some time. Probably based on what has already been stated, they have been catching up with production (and the thread did go through that whole whine session of "More would be awesome! Hey why you make so many?", not to long ago).

From my understanding, yes lowers are made in batches, rotated in the line and cycled in lots. 500 at a time sounds correct, but I do not have solid numbers on that. Larger lots may be ran for lowers with a higher interest (M4A1), and I'm sure the newer pre-sale system helps to streamline the rotation schedule.  My guess is that when a batch for one design is completed, they ship them as soon as possible to customers in order to minimize everyone waiting longer. PSA has the capability of manufacture high volumes, they own STS, Ferrous Engineering and Tool, Lead Star Arms, and DC machine. Keep in mind what is posted here is a fraction of what is produced by PSA. They still offer stealth lowers, PSA marked lowers, and have other specialty lowers such as the Iraq and PSA Liberty lowers, in addition to those listed here. And they continue to maintain PSA marked lowers for complete rifle build sales.

Concerning a pole, I worked on the idea some time ago, lots of variables. It would be very difficult to track an entire list on ARFCOM, the thread moves too quickly. Offering a pole outside of ARFCOM presents an issue of either less convenience (people may not bother), or member vote tracking (lower voter fraud could be a totally new thing!). And poles including fewer designs present preference issues. Keeping the pole on arfcom will ensure a single vote is counted per member, but do polls allow for non paying forum members to vote?

Offered a pole for one specific lower design to gauge interest may be a better option. Take the VIRGINIA-15 lower design for example. Yes, there are members on this thread looking forward to this design, but is there enough broad interest in the design outside of this thread to ensure it is not too narrow? I'm not sure. If you placed the VIRGINIA-15 lower in a pole against the M16A2 clone, or even the MAVERICK-15, it would likely lose.  That pole only reflects which lower a large group of people may want more, not data concerning whether or not each lower is actually wanted. A pole of its own would have a truer result.

If a pole was created just for the VIRGINIA-15 lower, asking for a vote of whether or not you would, or would not buy, if the response is low, you have your answer. If the response was high, this helps to build support for that design without positioning it against another design by forcing someone to choose. If done correctly, each pole could yield results which could influence a production outcome. Numbers could then be compared for each pole. But a pole can also be a double edged sword concerning feedback, the response may not be as expected.
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 4:13:37 AM EDT
[#20]
in on 500
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 6:08:55 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By RoccoOnFire:
500!
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 6:25:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: EnduroBro] [#22]
Is Alien 51 still happening?  Just want to make sure I’ll still be able to do my 300BO 7.5” space pistol.
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 7:13:32 AM EDT
[#23]
500!
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 7:17:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Knoxp9090] [#24]
In at 500!!!!
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 7:24:30 AM EDT
[#25]
In at 500

Biggest thread ever by an Arkansan

Woo Pig Sooie and Go PSA
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 7:33:03 AM EDT
[#26]
Still 500? This thread is awesome!
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 7:36:28 AM EDT
[#27]
500 pages. That's pretty awesome.
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 7:38:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Pocono, Indy, and Daytona!
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 7:43:31 AM EDT
[#29]
In on 500 !!
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 8:01:00 AM EDT
[#30]
Just saw the list up to this point and there are some neat lowers being considered. I liked the Bomber lower as well. I’d be in for one of those if they offer it.
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 8:27:15 AM EDT
[#31]
500!  Thanks, PSA and especially you, HBR.  Bitch about something else, you PFG!  
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 8:32:23 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By 45BArmorer:
When this thing goes over 500 pages, I wonder if we could come up with a lower for it?
View Quote
Yes - I say we call it "Dog Pile"  The logo will be a big pile of dawg S&^%

Selectors could be...

No Step

Fling Poop

Flaming Bag

LOL
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 8:40:25 AM EDT
[#33]
In on 500
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 8:43:40 AM EDT
[#34]
Five hundo
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 8:56:19 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By DCV_117:
View Quote
Woooo!!
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 9:09:19 AM EDT
[#36]
Here's to another 500.
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 9:27:20 AM EDT
[#37]
In on the fi hunnit!

And the Mattis:
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 9:29:54 AM EDT
[#38]
Barely, but in on 500!
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 9:46:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Naporter] [#39]
In on 500.
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 9:49:21 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 10:06:53 AM EDT
[#41]
In on 500 and another one of my @Josiah for 14.7" P&W M4 profile barrelled uppers, kit or not.
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 10:40:45 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By BrickWurX:

If a pole was created just for the VIRGINIA-15 lower, asking for a vote of whether or not you would, or would not buy, if the response is low, you have your answer. If the response was high, this helps to build support for that design without positioning it against another design by forcing someone to choose. If done correctly, each pole could yield results which could influence a production outcome. Numbers could then be compared for each pole. But a pole can also be a double edged sword concerning feedback, the response may not be as expected.
View Quote
I personally would almost rather do the poll and then know the actual support level. That way I can know if there's any chance of PSA making it sooner rather than later.

If that poll goes up, you bet I'm gonna be spamming it both on reddit and IRL, I want that lower!

Also, 500!
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 10:45:17 AM EDT
[#43]
In on 500
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 10:48:41 AM EDT
[#44]
Hey guys I was browsing Facebook and saw a comment about a company over charging for their order. And when the person making the comment reached out to get it fixed the company supposedly replied with “PSA does this all the time. Why is it only a problem when we do it.”  I was gonna email a screenshot to Josiah as it is so unprofessional for an company to slander another company in my opinion.  But before sending it should I bother Josiah with such matter?
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 11:05:15 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 11:05:44 AM EDT
[#46]
This thread has been a lot of fun to follow.

500 pages worth!
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 2:46:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 3:35:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DMG-LDS] [#48]
500 woot!

Link Posted: 8/25/2019 4:18:47 PM EDT
[#49]
In on 500.  About how much I've paid in Shipping so far for these dang lowers.
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 4:34:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By EnduroBro:
Hey guys I was browsing Facebook and saw a comment about a company over charging for their order. And when the person making the comment reached out to get it fixed the company supposedly replied with “PSA does this all the time. Why is it only a problem when we do it.”  I was gonna email a screenshot to Josiah as it is so unprofessional for an company to slander another company in my opinion.  But before sending it should I bother Josiah with such matter?
View Quote
i agree its unprofeesional.

i dont see in any harm in making him aware.
Page / 660
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top