Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Pennsylvania (Page 30 of 68)
Page / 68
Link Posted: 5/5/2018 8:40:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Just popped in here to say... page 30 ownage!!!
Link Posted: 5/5/2018 10:43:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Fulminata:

That's about a half hour or so away from me. I've been to Black Moshannon a bunch of times, so I'm kind of familiar with the area down there but I don't know if I spent any time in Winburne itself or not.

I live right by Moshannon (just plain old Moshannon) State Park, the one edge of it starts something like 5-600 yards past the end of my property and over Anderson Creek. Which incidentally cracked me up when it was mentioned on the TV show Blind Spot. Who the hell picks Clearfield as a place for their main character to come from, let alone has him fishing in Anderson Creek? I really should write them a letter and ask if they picked that out of a hat or see if I went to school with someone who wrote the show.
View Quote
If you watch “The Americans” on FX, the soviets had a safe house in Cresson, PA...  of all places right?
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 5:25:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 7:46:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Anyone know if we have wolves in PA?

Heard something howl last night and it wasn't any coyote or neighborhood dog.  Tone was way too low.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 7:47:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By IH1026:

Heard something howl last night and it wasn't any coyote or neighborhood dog.  Tone was way too low.
View Quote
I don't believe so anymore. Probably a Coyote.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 8:09:02 PM EDT
[#6]

View Quote
Ain't no wolves in PA. That said, I know a guy that swears there has been a handful of mountain lions reported in sectors of PA in recent years. I have no way to confirm the validity of this comment beyond the fact that this guy doesn't weave yarns.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 10:34:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Fulminata] [#7]
Originally Posted By JK_Pyre:

Ain't no wolves in PA. That said, I know a guy that swears there has been a handful of mountain lions reported in sectors of PA in recent years. I have no way to confirm the validity of this comment beyond the fact that this guy doesn't weave yarns.
View Quote
Back in the '90s we had a bobcat that killed a few neighborhood pets until it was "disappeared."

There are a few people I know that live out by where I live now that say they've seen/heard a mountain lion around here over the past year or so, I haven't seen or heard it but like you the people who've told me this aren't the type to get panicky or make shit up. One of them took down a black bear that was trying to eat one of his horses with a revolver, so it's not like he has to make up shit just for people to bow to his wilderness...ness. So I'm not saying there are, but not saying there couldn't be.

I haven't heard anything about wolves, but coyotes are a constant problem out here. Which is why I'd guess that my little 6 mile long dead end road probably has the highest per capita number of NVGs and suppressors pretty much anywhere. NVGs make it easier to kill the fuckers, and the suppressor is just good manners.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 10:57:33 PM EDT
[#8]
reports of mt. lions in my area in the past too. lots of yotes, hear them often
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 6:41:42 AM EDT
[#9]

Back in the '90s we had a bobcat that killed a few neighborhood pets until it was "disappeared."

There are a few people I know that live out by where I live now that say they've seen/heard a mountain lion around here over the past year or so, I haven't seen or heard it but like you the people who've told me this aren't the type to get panicky or make shit up. One of them took down a black bear that was trying to eat one of his horses with a revolver, so it's not like he has to make up shit just for people to bow to his wilderness...ness. So I'm not saying there are, but not saying there couldn't be.

I haven't heard anything about wolves, but coyotes are a constant problem out here. Which is why I'd guess that my little 6 mile long dead end road probably has the highest per capita number of NVGs and suppressors pretty much anywhere. NVGs make it easier to kill the fuckers, and the suppressor is just good manners.
View Quote
I need to get me some wizard eyes
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 6:43:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By endofdays:
reports of mt. lions in my area in the past too. lots of yotes, hear them often
View Quote
Whereabouts are you located?

Plenty of yotes here in the SW quadrant.
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 6:48:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Bobcats and bears.

Link Posted: 5/9/2018 6:50:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Good morning PA!
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 6:57:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Still one of the prettiest darn States that I have driven through.
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 7:17:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Yeah where I live is nothing like Pittsburgh let alone Philly.

It's like this...just try to ignore the typical boring while trying to over-sell it tourist bureau voiceover, hell mute it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKT5KzzVpOI

ETA: For reference at 0:40 it looks pretty much like my "back yard" once you get past the range and fire pit, and the road at 0:56 is pretty much the twin of the one I live on.

Oh and people around here say "y'all" instead of "yinz"...although over in Bennett's Valley they say "y'uns" No, we don't know why.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By laxman09:

Pretty much anywhere but Philly, Pittsburgh, and maybe Harrisburg is GTG in PA. Most people who aren't locals have probably only been to Pitt/Philly and they assume all of PA is like that.
Yeah where I live is nothing like Pittsburgh let alone Philly.

It's like this...just try to ignore the typical boring while trying to over-sell it tourist bureau voiceover, hell mute it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKT5KzzVpOI

ETA: For reference at 0:40 it looks pretty much like my "back yard" once you get past the range and fire pit, and the road at 0:56 is pretty much the twin of the one I live on.

Oh and people around here say "y'all" instead of "yinz"...although over in Bennett's Valley they say "y'uns" No, we don't know why.
#hillsofhome
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 7:35:07 AM EDT
[#15]

I need to get me some wizard eyes
View Quote
Yes, do recommend.

I need to start looking into places where I can shoot at night.
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 9:59:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By LibertyOrDeath76:

View Quote
Coywolves?
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 10:22:36 AM EDT
[#17]

View Quote
My understanding is that PGC absolutely refuses to entertain the concept.  Their answer is always "Bobcat."  Pictures, and I think even once a carcass - "Nope, can't be a mountain lion, there are no mountain lions in PA, must be a bobcat."

And I can sort of see their point - if they are acknowledged to exist, that means the PGC has jurisdiction.  Which means setting seasons (open or closed), etc.
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 7:32:07 PM EDT
[#18]
View Quote
I need more neighbors like this.

Though the Game Commission won't officially say their are Mountain Lions in PA, they're here. Coworker is a deputy and had photos. We also have a few alligators running around.
I'll have to chalk up the howling I heard the other night (and last night as well) to a coy-dog. It sure wasn't a coyote.
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 7:41:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By R2point0:
Coywolves?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By LibertyOrDeath76:

Coywolves?
That's all we have
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 7:48:32 PM EDT
[#20]

Coywolves?
View Quote
I've heard some pretty deep throated howls while out and about at night, but it was mixed with other coyote noises.  I figure them for coydog crosses.
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 8:33:23 PM EDT
[#21]

I need more neighbors like this.

Though the Game Commission won't officially say their are Mountain Lions in PA, they're here. Coworker is a deputy and had photos. We also have a few alligators running around.
I'll have to chalk up the howling I heard the other night (and last night as well) to a coy-dog. It sure wasn't a coyote.
View Quote
Yeah my neighbors rock, there's only 8 houses on the road but every one of them are good people. We don't have a neighborhood watch, we have a neighborhood QRF.

Another possibility is I used to know a couple of people who had wolf hybrid dogs, could be something like that that someone let loose or just ran away from. The one dude's was always trying to jump out the windows at his place, this was when I lived in town and whenever the fire whistle would blow that thing sounded like the second coming of Fenris Wolf.
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 8:36:49 PM EDT
[#22]

Whereabouts are you located?

Plenty of yotes here in the SW quadrant.
View Quote
north east
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 9:58:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Fear-Mongering won yesterday

AP Results
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/24/2018 10:03:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Gas prices are soaring.  Can we say we're lucky

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/24/2018 11:35:14 PM EDT
[#25]
It was $3.09/.gal yesterday here (Clearfield County) when I filled up too, well actually it wound up being $2.49/gal. thanks to the .60 off a gallon from my supermarket gas rewards card. I love that thing, but damn I must have bought more groceries this month than I thought.
Link Posted: 5/25/2018 2:47:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Anyone know a decent roofer in the Beaver/Allegheny County area??
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 12:19:01 PM EDT
[#27]
TMI siren testing today... all the ones around here seem to be working just fine.
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 7:49:04 PM EDT
[#28]
They're starting to spring up everywhere:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 8:50:25 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By GiggleSmith:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/40561/Tent-587296.JPG
View Quote
Congratulations PA!!!

Link Posted: 6/26/2018 10:11:50 AM EDT
[#30]

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/40561/Tent-587296.JPG
View Quote
I might need to head up to PA, grab my cousin in law, and do a shoot at my Dad's place.  Dad used to run to South Carolina to pick up fireworks in the 70's, and put on a show for the neighbors.  We lived out in the country, and everything but sparklers was illegal then, but the township cop would pull over in front of the house and watch.

He started traveling for work, and the area got developed, so aside from the occasional m-80 he'd time fuse with a cigarette (scared the pee outta my mom once or twice) he stopped shooting.  In the meantime my cousin married a guy who was a crewchief for a fireworks company based out of Lancaster County, and I spent 3 years shooting professionally (over Independence day week) in PA, MD, NJ, and VA.

So now aerials are legal, my cousin in law might still have his crewchief license (can buy bigger stuff), and they never developed the field behind my parent's place.  I wonder if he can get a finale cake or 2 from his old employer.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 6:33:23 PM EDT
[#31]

See you next year

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 6:35:40 PM EDT
[#32]

See you next year

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/40561/Tent-599425.JPG
View Quote
Terry Jacks - Seasons In The Sun (Official Audio)
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 6:38:03 PM EDT
[#33]

See you next year

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/40561/Tent-599425.JPG
View Quote
Geez, the ones near you aren't doing the "Everything half off!!11!!11!!11!!" sale?  Ones in my AO are always around for at least a week after the 4th...
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 6:43:51 PM EDT
[#34]
With the noise my neighbors made the past couple of nights I'd say they were Sold Out!
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 7:01:01 PM EDT
[#35]
With the noise my neighbors made the past couple of nights I'd say they were Sold Out!
View Quote
Gonna hafta see if, now that it's Friday, and the libations are flowin', if we ain't, too.  It's always fun when your 'hood turns into Little Beirut.
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 9:12:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GiggleSmith] [#36]
Oh, yeah, they were bought out!
As type this there is a family setting off fireworks.  I dunno what the display is called.  They've been making noise for the last half hour.
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 9:19:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Oh, yeah, they were bought out!
As type this there is a family setting off fireworks.  I dunno what the display is called.  They've been making noise for the last half hour.
http://ar15armory.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/usa1.gif
View Quote
My 'hood was jumpin' last night; nothing so far tonight.
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 9:40:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Plenty tonight!
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 8:54:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Lightning bugs in the backyard.  Awesome!

Oh, how I wish I could take pictures of them doing their thing!
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 9:02:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By cms81586:

If you watch “The Americans” on FX, the soviets had a safe house in Cresson, PA...  of all places right?
View Quote
You mean Cressona? 4 miles from me. There was a Cresson, Pa in the Skook but that town evaporated before Blackwood- late 1800's
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 9:04:58 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote
The Blame Commission claimed there wern't yotes in the state either circa 1982. BUT I saw one go directly under my treestand on second day of buck 1982!
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 10:05:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By CoalCracker:

You mean Cressona? 4 miles from me. There was a Cresson, Pa in the Skook but that town evaporated before Blackwood- late 1800's
View Quote
There's still a Cresson, it's between Ebensburg and Hollidaysburg.
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 1:02:32 AM EDT
[#43]
Killed a few spotted lanternfly 4th stage nymphs today.
Bad news.
Last summer I saw a building on Rt. 100 near Bechtelsville just covered with adults.
The quarantine is a joke.

Link Posted: 7/25/2018 9:14:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 9:18:49 AM EDT
[#45]
I dunno about anybody else......

But I'm getting tired of seeing Main Street being used White Water Rafting.
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 9:13:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GiggleSmith] [#46]
 I saw my first Halloween Costume displays up today.
They couldn't wait until Labor Day
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 2:13:17 AM EDT
[#47]
http://ar15armory.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/tap.gif  I saw my first Halloween Costume displays up today.
View Quote
Haven't seen them here yet, but I know they're coming soon.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 11:04:27 AM EDT
[#48]
Say, have I told any of you about my time in the service?  I did two tours in the Pennsylvania Coast Guard.

Fukkin' site staff won't give me an icon!!!
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 2:43:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JK_Pyre] [#49]
http://ar15armory.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/tap.gif  I saw my first Halloween Costume displays up today.
View Quote
I saw a halloween candy display in my local giant eagle almost two weeks ago
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 3:20:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By John_McClane:
Say, have I told any of you about my time in the service?  I did two tours in the Pennsylvania Coast Guard.

Fukkin' site staff won't give me an icon!!!
View Quote
Page / 68
Pennsylvania (Page 30 of 68)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top