Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 3:14:36 PM EDT
[#1]

An arc from a brake light or a turn signal switch, a  power window. Any relay inside the passenger compartment. Gasoline vapors collect in low spots.

Doesn’t take much of a spark to ignite the vapors.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 3:17:51 PM EDT
[#2]
We live in a world so advanced and cushy that a man that stupid can reach 40+ years old without ever experiencing Darwinism.   Just think about that.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 3:19:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'd like to know how the gasoline ignited.
View Quote

I'm wagering cigarette lighter or vape pen.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 3:20:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have done some stupid things in my life but never that stupid.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/30/2022 3:21:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Stupid hurts....  Well in this case it burns...
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 3:23:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I wonder if this involved illegal immigrants or individuals who have recently arrived in the USA?

This sounds very much like third world stuff and clearly the people involved were sadly very low IQ from the sounds of it.  

I imagine that this kind of third world type stuff will become more and more common as we invite more impoverished third world migrants into our country.  

Man, this nation is really going to Hell.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 3:27:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Stupid should hurt.  

Link Posted: 9/30/2022 3:28:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
There is mildly stupid.

There is normal stupid.

There is extremely stupid...

And then there is this, which is off the stupid scale. Words cannot express... After hearing this story, most people with Downs Syndrome would say, "those people are real dumb." Kamala Harris would cackle at the idiocy, while secretly being thankful that she is not actually the dumbest person on the planet. Joe Biden would look around aimlessly and possibly wander off to find a young girl to grope, but Biden is not longer a sentient lifeform, so he doesn't count.
View Quote

The only story I can recall that truly rivals this was a group of teenagers who blew themselves up. This was probably 20 years ago or so, but I still remember the article because it was so absurd.

They had a 5 gal. propane tank and some black garbage bags they were using to huff propane while inside a mobile home.

One of them decided he wanted to have a cigarette.

Link Posted: 9/30/2022 3:36:03 PM EDT
[#9]
have they been huffing gas or something? or they have been this stupid for a long time and just lucky enough to survive thus far?
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 3:38:26 PM EDT
[#10]
did someone have a funnel?

even so, pouring liquid from a flimsy bag
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 3:43:56 PM EDT
[#11]
I seriously thought those memes were bullshit.  WTF is wrong with people?
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 3:53:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Well, that seems like a self-correcting problem, doesnt it?
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 3:59:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 4:00:52 PM EDT
[#14]
The men filled several plastic grocery bags with gasoline before loading them into their car.
View Quote

Improvise, adapt, and immolate yourself.  

Link Posted: 9/30/2022 4:02:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 4:03:27 PM EDT
[#16]
I would say Darwin strikes again, but the id10t lives.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 4:05:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
We live in a world so advanced and cushy that a man that stupid can reach 40+ years old without ever experiencing Darwinism.   Just think about that.
View Quote
Even worse, our government holds a gun to our head and takes our money to subsidize these fucking morons.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 4:08:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
https://www.azfamily.com/2022/09/30/phoenix-man-burned-after-group-loads-grocery-bags-gasoline-into-car-causing-fire/

PHOENIX (3TV/CBS 5) -- Police say a Phoenix man is in the hospital with serious burns after a group of men filled grocery bags with gasoline and loaded them into a car, leading to a fire on Thursday morning. Phoenix police say a vehicle was engulfed in flames near 35th Avenue and Ocotillo Road shortly after 8 a.m. Police arrived and found a man in his 40s burned near the car and rushed him to the hospital.

Officers talked to another man at the scene, who said the car was his own. He reportedly told police his vehicle was stolen by a man who burned him with an “unknown object” before stealing his car. The man’s friend allegedly witnessed the robbery and drove to follow the stolen car. The man told police he followed them while walking and found his car on fire, along with his friend who’d been badly burned.
TRENDING: Preliminary autopsy shows man was shot in the neck after throwing rocks at Phoenix officers

However, police soon found out the man’s story wasn’t adding up. Witnesses at the scene reportedly told police a third man was involved, but he didn’t match the suspect’s description. Police confronted the man, who confessed to making up the elaborate story with his friends.

Police later found out the victim had asked his two friends to get gasoline since one of their cars was empty. The men filled several plastic grocery bags with gasoline before loading them into their car. They then picked up the victim and drove where the second vehicle was parked. However, before they arrived, the bags of gasoline ignited with the three men inside the car, causing the vehicle to erupt in flames.

The victim is in extremely critical condition, while another man had minor burns. No one has been arrested. The investigation is ongoing.
View Quote
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/30/2022 4:16:41 PM EDT
[#19]
It shows that you, too, can’t not die in a freak gasoline fight incident.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 4:20:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I'd like to know how the gasoline ignited.
View Quote

With people THIS stupid, it wouldn't surprise me if one of these morons lit up a cigarette/blunt in the car, and the fumes caught.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 4:21:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Stay out of the avenues.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
it's shit like this that gives the west side a bad name

Stay out of the avenues.

Yes, yes...Mesa is the place to be!
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 4:24:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 4:29:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Amazing.  Not the first time this has happened.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 4:40:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 4:42:51 PM EDT
[#25]
moved here from Florida...
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 4:46:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
It's not safe to transport gasoline inside the passenger compartment of a vehicle.

They should have used a truck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKpkel2MdYk
View Quote

I see 3 very stupid people in that video. The gas truck guy and the two morons who knew it was a major fire risk but decided to follow the truck so closely they'd be part of the fireball.

Link Posted: 9/30/2022 5:22:49 PM EDT
[#27]
I know we all hate the EPA Compliant gas cans, but come on man!

This also proves that grocery bags are not just for single use like the politicians say.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 5:24:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Liquid + bag = Canadians.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 5:26:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
That's why I always double bag.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 5:29:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I don't trust those bags with groceries.
View Quote

If the bags had been filled with french bread, it would have soaked up the gas, preventing leaks.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top