Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 12:34:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I make my own electrolyte drink. Water, salt, potassium, magnesium and a little lemon juice. It has nothing artificial and tastes great.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 12:41:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I will refer you to the Flashgitz skit for everything you need to know about Prime.

I drink body armor, stuff’s cheap, has extra vitamins/potassium, and isn’t loaded with sugar.

Working my ass off in summer, I’d gain weight drinking gatorade. I’ve lost weight drinking BA. But as always, YMMV, check the ingredients and the price, and decide for yourself which you prefer.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 12:51:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I like the taste of prime (not the energy version). That and Liquid IV for me.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 12:53:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Its the new monster energy crap
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 12:56:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Its the new monster energy crap
View Quote

We're talking about the hydration version, but I'm sure Prime Energy tastes equally shitty as Prime Hydration.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 12:58:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

And when you're nursing a hangover.
View Quote
Hair of the dog.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 1:07:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

True. If you are a roofer working in the Texas sun all day or doing an extremely long or strenuous athletic activity, it would be good to have some electrolytes. But most people have plenty of them just from their diet. Simple water would be fine in most cases.
ETA: I forgot about drinking electrolyte drinks when you are sick. I do think that helps.
View Quote
Working outside for a prolonged time is about the only time I've ever needed it, outside of being sick. I can see how a long distance runner might need it too, but I've never gotten close to feeling dehydrated while lifting weights or anything like that.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 1:58:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Liquid iv and biosteel work well.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 1:59:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

And when you’re nursing a hangover.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just drink water.
Water isn't always enough. Granted on the flipside, I would argue that many people drink electrolyte beverages unnecessarily.

True. If you are a roofer working in the Texas sun all day or doing an extremely long or strenuous athletic activity, it would be good to have some electrolytes. But most people have plenty of them just from their diet. Simple water would be fine in most cases.
ETA: I forgot about drinking electrolyte drinks when you are sick. I do think that helps.

And when you’re nursing a hangover.

Damn right. But I put hangover in the same category as being sick with the flu in that regard.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 2:00:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 2:03:10 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm a big bodyarmor lite enjoyer. The regular ones are good too, but too much sugar. Plus they sponsor my boy in the #12 hot rod Ford, Ryan Blaney.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 2:06:44 PM EDT
[#12]
I buy Biosteel.

Way better ingredients. Way better ratio of electrolytes. And a dash of some other good shit too.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 2:26:01 PM EDT
[#13]
I switched to coconut water.  Nothing artificial in it and it seems to work better than Gatorade.  Sure, it might be processed by actual monkey slaves but that's a small price to pay for my hydration.

https://nypost.com/2022/11/11/monkey-slave-labor-rampant-on-thailands-coconut-farms-report/
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 2:32:34 PM EDT
[#14]

this stuff actually works.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 3:19:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Water isn't always enough. Granted on the flipside, I would argue that many people drink electrolyte beverages unnecessarily.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just drink water.

Yea.  If you drink more than a full CamelBak of water during hard exercise you should probably take an sports drink.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 3:36:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I switched to coconut water.  Nothing artificial in it and it seems to work better than Gatorade.  Sure, it might be processed by actual monkey slaves but that's a small price to pay for my hydration.

https://nypost.com/2022/11/11/monkey-slave-labor-rampant-on-thailands-coconut-farms-report/
View Quote

I've started drinking coconut water too and it may be the perfect sports drink.

Light taste
Just enough natural sugar
Sodium
Potassium
Magnesium
Calcium

About the right amounts of each to replenish your body.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 3:48:38 PM EDT
[#17]
I sweat a lot at work

I use this

Zipfizz Energy Drink Mix, Electrolyte Hydration Powder with B12 and Multi Vitamin, Grape (20 Pack) https://a.co/d/9AAkbhq

For me,,  it picks me a lot faster than plain ole water

If I forget to bring one one day…. I feel it about the middle of the day.  
Water just Bloats me up after a while

This drink gets me back in the game after just a few drinks and I don’t have to hydrate as often

Ymmv

Edit

I click the link i posted and it took me somewhere else.   Arfcom must mess with Amazon links.    

Search it

Edit again

https://zipfizz.com/products/sample-pack
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 3:53:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
My 10 year old loves those
View Quote

Mine too.  It’s cuz the youtubers pump the hell out of it.  I think it tastes terrible
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 4:00:02 PM EDT
[#19]
This guy has a good argument on why it's bullshit

Logan Paul and KSI's Billion Dollar Scam
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 4:21:22 PM EDT
[#20]
My daughter and her stupid friends like it. It's limited with extreme prejudice in our house.

Wife does triathlons and I'm a runner. We use a combination of Gatorade zero, Liquid IV, Ucan, SIS, pickle juice, & a hydration vest/bladder backpack. I use the SIS+ electrolytes, Hammer, and Huma gels for calories during long workouts. Huma is more of a fruit pulp pouch so it digests easier but you will poop if you're on the move for 6-16 hours straight.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 4:54:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Been buying Powerade Zero’s from Safeway
for $.90 cents per for the last few months.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 4:56:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Fpni

Shit drink amazing marketing
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 5:09:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
No.  They removed the actual minerals/salt that replenishes electrolytes in order to give it a more sugary flavor without actually using sugar.  It's basically a vitamin A and potassium dump.  Neither of which are great for you above recommended dosages,
View All Quotes
Quoted:
No.  They removed the actual minerals/salt that replenishes electrolytes in order to give it a more sugary flavor without actually using sugar.  It's basically a vitamin A and potassium dump.  Neither of which are great for you above recommended dosages,

Hmm.
Recommended daily intake for Potassium is ~4,700mg for men

I've also seen lower estimates in the 3,000s, it looks like there's debate on that (scientifically speaking).
A lot of this ^ is supposed to come from fruits and vegetables.

The odds of people getting enough in their day from what they ACTUALLY eat (not what they report they eat), it's not great.

This drink is 700mg of potassium in a drink

especially in a child since they accumulate in the body

Hmm, my understanding is that the body doesn't hold on to potassium well at all (same with magnesium), it holds on to sodium though (which most people have WAY too much of)

and nutrition facts are written for adults.

This is true

A few a day probably isn't bad.  Not great for kids to be drinking consistently.

I think caution is a solid idea when it comes to dealing with children and health
"Local GD'er agrees with another GD'er that water is in fact wet"

Also, it tastes like shit.

They aren't my favorite

I encourage everyone who read this ^ to do their own research, ask their doctor, etc etc etc.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 5:40:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
My 10 year old loves those
View Quote

We got some but ditched them. Artificial sweeteners.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 6:12:35 PM EDT
[#25]
I drank a prime energy drink at 8pm and drove 13 hours straight home from Myrtle Beach to Ohio. Definitely better than coffee or Bang.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 6:26:55 PM EDT
[#26]
People were dropping dead of unhyrdration all the time before Gatorade

Link Posted: 9/21/2023 6:37:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
All hype.
View Quote

Food Theory: Logan Paul is LYING About Prime!

TLDR its loaded with "electrolytes" but not in a ratio that matters. its all hype. its made to be sweeter and less salty then most correct made sports drinks.

ETA beat. a lot. I feel bad as I should.
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 11:36:57 AM EDT
[#28]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top