Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 12:49:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My first guess was ball lightning...but ball lightning doesn't stay like that.

Also no radar signature. That's wild.
View Quote

Aircraft show up on weather radar?
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 12:56:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I know the cartels get blamed for a lot on Arfcom, but this is the first time I've seen them blamed for UFOs.
View Quote

It's the perfect crime, no witnesses will be believed
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 12:56:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 1:08:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Is there, have there been, and will there be other intelligent civilizations in the Universe? Almost certainly. Even if there were millions upon millions, though:

Time and space makes an overlap of any two civilizations extremely unlikely. An imaginary ball expanding a circumference of 500 light years from earth isn't even a pinprick in size compared to the overall size of just our single, tiny galaxy. Similarly, Even a 10 million year old civilization is a pinprick in the overall age of, again, our single, tiny galaxy. The chances of two civilizations extant in the same little tiny space and time bubble are almost absurdly unlikely. If you consider the speed of light to be a constraint, it's all but impossible.

There's just not much opportunity for overlap.
View Quote

This.

People fail to understand: A) The INCREDIBLY vast distances involving interstellar travel, and B) the extreme difficulties in crossing those distances, even if a civilization has achieved FTL travel, which is, in all probability, physically impossible.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 1:17:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I read an article that the .gov has anti radar tech that involves powerful lasers. By converging 3 lasers in the sky it creates a plasma at the convergence. The plasma sphere can then be moved with the convergence. The plasma can also be picked up by radar.

If that is true then it would explain the radical maneuvering...

But personally I want to Believe.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 1:19:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I read an article that the .gov has anti radar tech that involves powerful lasers. By converging 3 lasers in the sky it creates a plasma at the convergence. The plasma sphere can then be moved with the convergence. The plasma can also be picked up by radar.

If that is true then it would explain the radical maneuvering...

But personally I want to Believe.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/27/2021 1:20:41 PM EDT
[#7]
I knew it.  The "vaccine" is a bio-control mechanism for our new alien overloads to control us.  All who refuse the vaccine will be destroyed.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 1:24:51 PM EDT
[#8]

I am the derivative, sometimes the integral, and occasionally the cube root of evil.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 1:25:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Why is every picture of a UFO taken with a potato?

In the history of photography and flying saucers I have yet to see a picture of a spaceman.

Always a blurry light.

Link Posted: 10/27/2021 1:25:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Ok, I’m generally inclined to believe that UFOs are a phenomen of some real tangible objects and not camera defects or tricks of the eye, but come on - “striking video” of a blurry white dot on a totally black background Not the most compelling evidence
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 1:28:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Look what we have accomplished in the last 100yrs... Imagine civilizations millions of years old, that actually worked together & not constantly trying to kill each other, could accomplish
View Quote

I would argue that this is what actually spurs most technological development.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 1:29:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Swamp alien ass gas reflecting off a weather balloon.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 1:30:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Yeah okay, can we get it to do something about the fucking Potato administration?
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 1:34:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Definitely swamp gas. Or swamp ass if near Louisiana.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 1:42:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Lol that “pulsating orb” was just the camera’s autofocus moving in and out of focus on a point of light. It was probably either Venus or another aircraft.
View Quote

This, more than likely exaggerated by someone who could not hold the camera still.

But hey, the "I want to believe" crowd sees it as proof of beings from another world visiting earth and all that. Why are you pooping on their party with logic and simple explanations?
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 1:43:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Couldn't possibly be cartels doing cartel shit.
View Quote

ET is aligned with cartels, you saw it here first.

Link Posted: 10/27/2021 1:47:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Venus.  Seriously.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 2:00:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Don't see the big deal.

My wife sees a pulsating Orb every morning.
View Quote

but this one was measurable.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 2:03:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Aircraft show up on weather radar?
View Quote

I think he means TCAS. Traffic would be overlayed on  the ND (nav display, you hear the pilot mention it in the video) along with the weather radar data.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 2:05:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Fake
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 2:09:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Cool!!  Co-pilot was really calm and excited about it.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 2:14:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Some guy just used a time machine to try and track down one of his lost FEDEX packages
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 2:19:07 PM EDT
[#23]
It's the phone's software trying to even out the lighting levels as it was moving/focusing/zooming/etc.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 2:31:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I'll fall back on my "Go To" for crappy UFO video and photos.  

The one & only crash of the Concorde aircraft had decent quality still and even video from 3 vantage points for the few seconds it was airborne and in flames.  There has never been anything even remotely of that quality claimed to be a UFO.  Why do you suppose that is?
View Quote
If the pictures too clear you can tell it's a hubcap.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 2:34:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Guess they decided to come see if the rumour going around the galaxy about Fedex delivery was true.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 2:37:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Swampgas
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 2:39:39 PM EDT
[#27]
that looked less like a UFO and more like a camera trying to focus on a light reflected off a window. Like maybe a status light.  Or maybe even another aircraft.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 2:41:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Is there, have there been, and will there be other intelligent civilizations in the Universe? Almost certainly. Even if there were millions upon millions, though:

Time and space makes an overlap of any two civilizations extremely unlikely. An imaginary ball expanding a circumference of 500 light years from earth isn't even a pinprick in size compared to the overall size of just our single, tiny galaxy. Similarly, Even a 10 million year old civilization is a pinprick in the overall age of, again, our single, tiny galaxy. The chances of two civilizations extant in the same little tiny space and time bubble are almost absurdly unlikely. If you consider the speed of light to be a constraint, it's all but impossible.

There's just not much opportunity for overlap.
View Quote

If it's not ours or some other nations black budget product then my own personal belief is that they're not aliens from another planet but most likely something from another dimension.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 2:43:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 2:44:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Are the terms "Swamp Gas" and "weather balloon" too outdated now?  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Drone or jetpack

Are the terms "Swamp Gas" and "weather balloon" too outdated now?  

I don't know. But everytime I see videos like this, the doubters call it a drone or a jetpack or wings unit or whatever else they can think of. My post was meant as sarcasm, but I forgot the emoji
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 2:44:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
So, do we think that the WWII B-17 bomber crews were lying about the "foo fighters"?
These were glowing orbs that would follow the planes.
However, given what China recently accomplished with their physics defying supersonic globe circling nuke rocket, maybe the tech has been with us for a while.
View Quote

my first thought, that is a foo fighter.

have read many WW2 ETO books and they were so common they were joked about.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 2:45:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I'll fall back on my "Go To" for crappy UFO video and photos.  

The one & only crash of the Concorde aircraft had decent quality still and even video from 3 vantage points for the few seconds it was airborne and in flames.  There has never been anything even remotely of that quality claimed to be a UFO.  Why do you suppose that is?
View Quote

Nobody had clear video or photos of the B2 before it's official release either.

Yet here it is.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 2:47:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

This.

People fail to understand: A) The INCREDIBLY vast distances involving interstellar travel, and B) the extreme difficulties in crossing those distances, even if a civilization has achieved FTL travel, which is, in all probability, physically impossible.
View Quote

"Man will never fly"
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 2:48:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
We are not alone IMO.
View Quote

You are right. There are at least a billion Chinese.

I expect a few of their military folks know exactly what this orb is.  Know, as in they've seen the schematics or stolen them.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 2:49:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 2:49:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Foo Fighter

Link Posted: 10/27/2021 2:50:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Fake and retarded.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 2:50:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

This. Fair amount of wtf in that video but none of it concerned the "orb".

Not believable at all.

The whole thing sounds like it was filmed as a joke for the guy's girlfriend.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol that "pulsating orb" was just the camera's autofocus moving in and out of focus on a point of light. It was probably either Venus or another aircraft.

Not believable at all.

The embarrassing juvenile sounding narrative doesn't help the credibility factor any.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 2:51:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Still waiting for the grainy, out-of-focus pics!
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 2:56:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I guess the pilot was lying about it pulsating while watching it in real time, and has no idea what other aircraft looks like. It's not like a professional pilot has ever seen another plane in the sky

eta - also zero radar signature
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol that “pulsating orb” was just the camera’s autofocus moving in and out of focus on a point of light. It was probably either Venus or another aircraft.

I guess the pilot was lying about it pulsating while watching it in real time, and has no idea what other aircraft looks like. It's not like a professional pilot has ever seen another plane in the sky

eta - also zero radar signature

And no beacon or nav lights strobing.

Link Posted: 10/27/2021 3:00:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

In the history of photography and flying saucers I have yet to see a picture of a spaceman.

Always a blurry light.

View Quote

Go outside with your cell phone at night and take a picture of any distant light.

You'll have your answer.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 3:02:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wrong.   They mentioned it was pulsating. plus, autofocus doesn’t work like that-it doesn’t give a strobe effect.    They see Venus and Mercury and Stars every night, so it wouldn’t cause comment.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 3:03:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Look what we have accomplished in the last 100yrs... Imagine civilizations millions of years old, that actually worked together & not constantly trying to kill each other, could accomplish
View Quote

Take yourself to a good museum.   Most of humanities advances, were invented for war.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 3:04:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Screen shot from planes dashboard camera.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 3:05:08 PM EDT
[#45]
Which is more likely?

1.  Pilot saw Venus and tried to take a picture.

2.  Monsters from outer space piloted a spacecraft to Earth and flew alongside a jet.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 3:10:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Foo fighter....
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 3:12:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Always a blurry light.

View Quote

It’s difficult to video a single ball of plasma through an aircraft window.   The glass is thick, and polarized, so there’s diffraction and reflections, etc.    He actually did a pretty good job.  

The pulsating looked like a regular pattern.  It gives me the impression of something man made, I guess because it had a similar frequency to strobe lights.    

They definitely saw a UFO, but it might be a secret military project, rather than extraterrestrial.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 3:14:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
My first guess was ball lightning...but ball lightning doesn't stay like that.

Also no radar signature. That's wild.
View Quote

It may have had some observable radar signature but no transponder?
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 3:14:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

No.

Unless a military drone.

No civilian drone or jetpack can fly for 30 minutes, with the equipment needed for lighting, particularly over the Gulf at the altitude and airspeed below.

The 767 was flying at approximately 575 mph at 37,000 ft when the encounter happened.
View Quote

They do now, there was an incident earlier this year where a drone evaded two helicopters for well over an hour including speeds of 100 mph at 15,000 feet.

Drone chase article
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 3:16:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
The embarrassing juvenile sounding narrative doesn't help the credibility factor any.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol that "pulsating orb" was just the camera's autofocus moving in and out of focus on a point of light. It was probably either Venus or another aircraft.

Not believable at all.

They sounded like they were kidding around. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was a reflection of an internal light and was filmed as a prank.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top