User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 2:00:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Glencairn Whisky Glass; always neat.

Link Posted: 12/7/2018 2:03:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I have all sorts of glasses for drinking including the Glencairn type.

My favorite whiskey glasses are some stemless red wine glasses that someone gave us several years ago.

Like this

Attachment Attached File

A lot of people will recommend the Glencairn glasses and they are ok but not my favorite.

Amazon Product
  • Transparent, lustrous crystal
  • Winner of the 2006 Queen's Award for Innovation
  • Short, elegant base stand

Edited to add:

Got to have one of these

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 2:07:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Round, flat bottom, straight wall Libbey's "rocks" glass.   Cheap, thin, light.  Perfect balance.  I wish they had a BFL sandblasted on them. The ones sold here are just too steep.
View Quote
Which reminds me to go to the Libbey’s factory store in town and pick up some more.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 2:09:30 PM EDT
[#4]
The thing about the coffee cup is, it keeps the drink mostly at the temperature you want it (ice or no ice).

Also, the handle helps keep it in your hand when you're.....not paying attention.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 2:47:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The easiest to reach.....
View Quote
the one in front of me
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 2:54:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I may try some 4.5 oz rocks glasses.  Seems like it might be perfect for 1-3 shots neat.

I have your standard high and low tumblers, basically 12 and 8 oz type glasses.

While they are fine for a simple mixed drink, or with a lot of ice,
For me just having one shot or at most three the 8oz glass just seems to big for what I want.

g

I think the 4.5 oz is an option I will try.  Hopefully I can find some that look like the ones I have.

I don’t like the stem, or stem like narrow bottom glasses.

I am not a sophisticated drinker.  I have no plans to develop a sophisticated palate.  I simply like to try stuff once or twice a week.  Basically, I know blended into blandness and beaten into no offense to even a twelve year old girl having her first drink like Crown Royal is not interesting to me.

When I was a kid I remember a draft horse that startled and got of trail into some damp, swampy soft earth and cut its leg.   My job while the horse was held was to rinse off the mud, Moss, and dirt with listerine then wrap a dressing soaked with iodine over it.  I wiped my face with the back of my hand after and some mix of that got in my mouth and tasted horrible.  (My grandfather and his brother were still doing some logs jobs with horses instead of a skidders into the 90s).  When I try Laphroaig or Lagavulin it reminds me of that like it was yesterday and I have no interest in it.

So stuff in the middle is what I like tasting and comparing.

I have tried some very expensive and well regarded stuff I found uninteresting.  I have tried stuff basically on the lowest shelf the bottles are still glass instead of plastic and liked it.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 3:47:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 3:50:45 PM EDT
[#8]
I like simple glasses

Link Posted: 12/7/2018 3:53:32 PM EDT
[#9]
I have Glencairn but they just don't seem right to me. I have some of the double walled neat looking ones on the first page too, but they're too light.

These are prob my favorite, Villeroy & Boch set of 2.

ETA- neat of course, I'm not a fucking barbarian.

Link Posted: 12/7/2018 3:53:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Glencarin
no ice or water or anything else

Unless im making a whiskey cocktail, but thats a whole nother thing.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 3:56:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Maybe if y’all get drunk enough you’ll grow a pair and actually start fighting for your Liberties.....
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 3:58:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Maybe if y’all get drunk enough you’ll grow a pair and actually start fighting for your Liberties.....
View Quote
And what have you done today tough guy?
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 4:01:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Hey cut him some slack, you'd be cranky too with that much sand jammed up your cunt hole.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 4:04:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
That’s the special edition bottle made for the Blade Runner sequel.  I thought it was appropriate for the glasses.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You spend that kind of $$ on tumblers, and THAT is what you pour in them?

The late Christopher Hitchens called JW Black “The favorite beverage of despots and dictators the world over”, including himself.
That’s the special edition bottle made for the Blade Runner sequel.  I thought it was appropriate for the glasses.
In that case, party on, Garth!
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 4:06:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Hey cut him some slack, you'd be cranky too with that much sand jammed up your cunt hole.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

You're right, my bad
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 4:09:27 PM EDT
[#16]
The one an ex-roommate stole from a hotel and left in the apartment when he moved out.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 4:11:32 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm a fan of a simple rocks glass....got a pair of these at the local thrift store for 50 cents each....

Link Posted: 12/7/2018 4:12:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 4:13:28 PM EDT
[#19]
I bought my old man a pair of cylindrical, thick-bottomed crystal tumblers from Norway.  Now they're my go-to sitting around drinking whiskey glasses.  I miss that grouchy old bastard sometimes.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 4:14:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 4:15:18 PM EDT
[#21]
A full one.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 4:18:35 PM EDT
[#22]
meh I don't care as long as it is truly GLASS. Drinking straight Whiskey or Rum from a plastic cup just tastes funny. I don't know if it is the release agent used on disposable plastic cups or that the washable restaurant service cups have absorbed so many "flavors" from foods, mixed drinks, soap, jizz, vomit, etc. that the alcohol releases it but straight drinks served from plastic cups just taste funky.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 4:22:15 PM EDT
[#23]
I use this 10oz tumbler:

Amazon Product
  • DuraCoat Color that is built to last - no fading, peeling, or cracking here
  • Its 18/8 stainless steel construction (made with kitchen-grade stainless steel) will hold up in the wild
  • Will never leave a ring on your coffee table, thanks to No Sweat Design

And these ice balls:

Amazon Product
  • KEEP DRINKS COLDER FOR LONGER: At 2.5 inches, these large ice spheres melt much more slowly than smaller versions and regular ice cubes, keeping your drink cool for so much longer
  • PRESERVES THE FLAVOR OF YOUR DRINK: The ultra-slow melting ice balls will not dilute your drink, preserving the taste and the strength of your favourite Scotch, Irish Whiskey or Bourbon. They are also perfect for chilling cocktails, rum, tequila and non-acoholic drinks
  • PERFECT FOR THE WHISKY DRINKER: So much more distinguished than whiskey rocks, giant ice spheres made from water are the only way to serve your favourite Scotch, Irish Whiskey or Bourbon On The Rocks

ETA: I usually drink mid-shelf bourbon, so drinking it neat isn't so important.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 4:22:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
Ooh, so edgy.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 4:23:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Glencairn for me.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 4:36:42 PM EDT
[#26]
I've got a couple of 8 oz jelly jars I like. Mason or Ball brand, half to 3/4 full. NO ICE in good whiskey, it deadens the flavor and aroma. If you need ice stick to Beam, Maker's Mark or SangSom, or better yet go back to your chilled shot of vodka in a martini glass. I also don't drink more than 1 to 1/2 of the good stuff before going to something cheaper. The alcohol numbs the tongue and you can't get the full taste.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 4:53:34 PM EDT
[#27]
12oz rocks glass.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 5:01:40 PM EDT
[#28]
I have these

Amazon Product
  • MADE WITH LEAD-FREE CRYSTAL HIGHEST QUALITY - With the world's most lustrous crystal, Ashcroft's modern liquor glassware will sparkle and shine in the hand. Unlike old fashioned crystal whiskey glasses which contain at least 20% lead, Ashcroft glassware is made from lead free ultra-clarity crystal.
  • THICK BASE AND SIDES THAT WON'T BREAK EASILY - A thick base and dense sides means these unique bourbon glasses will insulate your liquor better. Use a 2-inch whiskey ball in these freezer and microwave safe rocks glasses.
  • EUROPEAN DESIGN - Stunning whiskey tumblers like The Iceberg Collection are created using an expert molding process. Each glass is fitted into a mold that creates Iceberg's crevices and diamond cut appearance. Occasionally small air bubbles or spots do occur in the manufacture of all lead-free glass products.

and these
Amazon Product
  • SOPHISTICATED CRAFTSMANSHIP THAT FITS PERFECTLY IN THE HAND - For those serious about their spirits, nothing says sophistication quite like a whiskey glass. The Ashcroft whiskey set is a show-piece for any home. Sturdy and comfortable to hold, they sit beautifully in both small and large hands. These 10 ounce glasses are slim enough to fit a female hand, with enough heft to satisfy him. Occasionally small air bubbles or spots do occur in the manufacture of all lead-free glass products.
  • TOTALLY UNIQUE AND BEAUTIFULLY PACKAGED FOR GIFT GIVING - These stunning liquor glasses come packaged with an embossed magnetic closure gift box that exudes style and a sense of occasion. Each glassware piece has been carefully fitted inside a protective cushion to keep your bourbon glass perfectly safe during shipping and for storing in a cabinet. Ashcroft glasses are the perfect gift for any whiskey enthusiast or scotch drinker or as a wedding gift or anniversary gift.
  • STUNNING, EASY TO DRINK FROM 100% LEAD-FREE GLASSES - Unlike crystal whiskey glasses which contain at least 20% lead, Ashcroft glassware is made from lead free ultra-clarity glass. Smooth to drink from, the quality of our glasses ensures whiskey maintains its temperature, while the high-end design coupled with a contemporary flair makes an artistic alternative to the boring liquor glass. Savor the experience as you pour yourself a glass of Windsor or Jameson in our premium whiskey glassware.

Link Posted: 12/7/2018 5:08:13 PM EDT
[#29]
View Quote
Oh man, those twist ones are really cool
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 5:09:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Wife got me a whiskey low ball with my birth year etched on it, and these.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 5:10:06 PM EDT
[#31]
This thread is relevant to my interest! I need new glasses with a bit more heft....
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 5:22:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Coffee mug, I find the handle comes in handy...eventually
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 5:26:24 PM EDT
[#33]
None but the best.

Link Posted: 12/7/2018 5:28:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 5:36:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I have these
https://www.thedenizen.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Norlan-Whiskey-Glass_04.jpg

But the guy who said "one that doesn't leak" has the right answer
View Quote
This
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 5:41:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
holy shit that's cool
View All Quotes
@DK-Prof - but why is there a carved wooden sloth resting on the table?
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 5:44:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
This
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have these
https://www.thedenizen.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Norlan-Whiskey-Glass_04.jpg

This
I really wish they were heftier. I love the look, but just too flimsy feeling.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 5:46:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
They are definitely a lightweight glass. I do feel like I have to be a bit carful with them. But they look great.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 5:50:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
They are definitely a lightweight glass. I do feel like I have to be a bit carful with them. But they look great.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stupid right? Just a glass but somehow the weight matters
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 5:52:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I have these

View Quote
Norlan. Same ones I use
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 6:28:39 PM EDT
[#41]
I just stick a long straw into my bottle of Macallan 18..............

Seriously Glencairn glass neat or maybe 1 ice cube
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 6:54:56 PM EDT
[#42]
The Ashcroft twist glasses are only $25 when viewed on Amazon I have a pair and they are nice and heavy.

No idea why they show as 75 when the ASIN is linked.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 7:00:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Regular Scotch tumbler glass. Tulip glass occasionally for bourbon. No ice and no water (if I'm going to drink, it'll be whiskey, not whiskey ice water), and about 3 fl. oz.

I'll buy a set of those if I can pour in Glenlivet 12 and suddenly be drinking Macallan 21
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 7:01:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
@DK-Prof - but why is there a carved wooden sloth resting on the table?
View Quote
I had the same question
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 8:14:39 PM EDT
[#45]
I ordered these a couple days ago

Attachment Attached File

"Waterford Lismore Diamond Crystal" ...

Ima thinkin we'll have a great relationship
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 8:18:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 8:21:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Ooh, so edgy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ooh, so edgy.
He's right, you know
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 8:22:01 PM EDT
[#48]
View Quote
Do they sell those to Heterosexuals?
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 8:22:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

He's right, you know
View Quote
Quoted:

View Quote
Pull the stick out of your ass.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 8:27:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Leave it to arfcom, even the type of glass you use can make you gay.

Some of you guys have such fragile sexuality, I'm not sure how you can get through your day without being forced to jerk some dude off because you made the wrong fashion or glassware choice.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top