BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 4:42:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Maybe if Rip were peddling this shit instead of Walker, non-gays might be interested.
View Quote

That would be funny as shit.  Rip holding up the can.  This is Ranch Water.  Drink it or I will take you to the train station.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 8:16:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I was making ranch water (maybe 10 minutes) before it was cool. It’s actually pretty good if you like blanco tequila and is a fantastically refreshing hot weather drink.

Tequila + lime juice + ice + Topo Chico + shake a little Tajin on it
View Quote

Interesting. I was recently introduced to Ranch Water when visiting my family. I'll get some blanco for adding to the Topo Chico I always keep around.

Tequila highball!
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 9:50:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Ryan has done some cowboy'n. He grew up on a ranch in NM until his folks lost it.
I had tix to see him in Pine Creek, Montana on 9/11 but ran into some gals who drove up from Jackson to see if they could see him and we sold our tickets to them. Made their weekend.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 11:59:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

You'd lose money. Native Midland Texas woman named Katie Beal Brown started the company/beverage. BTW, the ranch water thing is really a west-texas beverage...they're not bullshitting about that, just used mannequin cowboys to sell it.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd lay odds "Lone River" brand is a fresh Cali transplant (Austin region) that decided to sell something  "cowboy" in these new digs.

You'd lose money. Native Midland Texas woman named Katie Beal Brown started the company/beverage. BTW, the ranch water thing is really a west-texas beverage...they're not bullshitting about that, just used mannequin cowboys to sell it.

How far west? Like El Paso? I lived in the Hill Country years ago and never saw ranchy folk drinking that.

Bet you are right about the ad agency.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 12:03:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Jesus Hershel Christ.

You folks will get triggered over anything that makes your dick uncomfortably twitch, won’t you?

It’s an advertisement to sell seltzer to guys who dress cowboy but live suburban.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This commercial just popped on my TV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99x5FFyqZtk

I laughed. Peddling "cowboy seltzer".

Knew a bunch of real ranch folk in Texas and other western states. These "working" cowpokes in the commercial...prefectly groomed two day beards, clothes are crisp and new, hats with no sweat ring stains.  The guy working the tee post driver will be there three days in that caleche dirt, driving it like a pussy. Bet director call to that guy was: "Brucey, I know it like hard, but you need to at least act butch to get through this shot!"

I'd lay odds "Lone River" brand is a fresh Cali transplant (Austin region) that decided to sell something  "cowboy" in these new digs.

Jesus Hershel Christ.

You folks will get triggered over anything that makes your dick uncomfortably twitch, won’t you?

It’s an advertisement to sell seltzer to guys who dress cowboy but live suburban.

Is being triggered anything like laughing?  Note my first sentence in the OP. That shit cracked me up.

So which flavor is it you drink?
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 12:07:07 AM EDT
[#6]
alot of jealousy shown in this thread of something that is actually quite popular.... plus its a fucking commercial not a real life documentary
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 12:07:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Must be a gay dude ranch because real men drink beer.

Did they all drive their Miata there?
View Quote

I'm figuring they screwed up and hired some Cali transplant production ad crew out of Austin.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 12:08:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Ram Ranch really rocks.
View Quote

28 US marines

Pulling up in black

Ford raptor trucks

Helicopters landing

Ram ranch is under siege

Under lockdown

Ram ranch cowboys gonna find prince Harry

Link Posted: 9/29/2021 12:10:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
That dude is an actor in Yellowstone. (In addition to being a musician).

He was also, apparently, a “bull rider” in his younger years according to Wikipedia

I’ll hazard a guess that’s he’s a lot more “cowboy” than most “country” artists out there at the moment.
View Quote

Which one? A few could ride well, but i doubt GQ dude squatting by the river wasn't.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 12:13:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I was making ranch water (maybe 10 minutes) before it was cool. It’s actually pretty good if you like blanco tequila and is a fantastically refreshing hot weather drink.

View Quote

I recognized "tequila+ lime juice+ ice", and have had all three, but what is that other stuff?  Off to google.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 12:16:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Probably right.  There are a few country artists that can handle the ranch life.

I've roped steers with George Strait.  He's a real cowboy.

I've seen Jewell on horseback.  She can ride.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He was also, apparently, a “bull rider” in his younger years according to Wikipedia

I’ll hazard a guess that’s he’s a lot more “cowboy” than most “country” artists out there at the moment.

Probably right.  There are a few country artists that can handle the ranch life.

I envy you seeing Jewell anywhere. I've had a twitch for her for years. She is also legit ranch gal.  
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 12:19:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I guess OP of thread does not watch Yellowstone.
View Quote

I cut satellite about 15 years ago. I don't watch a lot TV.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 12:24:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Idk, a lot of Texas loves playing ‘cowboy’ dress-up.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 12:25:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He was also, apparently, a "bull rider" in his younger years according to Wikipedia

I'll hazard a guess that's he's a lot more "cowboy" than most "country" artists out there at the moment.

I'd pay to watch her...
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 12:27:02 AM EDT
[#15]
The clothing and people are wrong - but a metric shit ton of T posts have been pounded by hand.  I hired a crew to put up 2 miles of fence on my property.  1 out of 5 posts were wood, those were placed in holes augered by a bobcat.  The other's were driven by green card work force.  Steel is not cheap - the company ran the math and decided the risk of bending poles with the bobcat made it more expensive driving by hand-close to 1k of them.

As far drinking around a fire, not saying it completely does not happen.  To build a fence, brush needs to be cleared.  Generally that means there are brush piles that need to be burned.  It is hot work, so I bet a beer or 2 gets drank occasionally.  I think I burned a dozen or so this year - but they were not puny little camp fires, the were closer to 1k sq foot bonfires, each.  I know I had an ice chest full of beverages at each one.  I do not recall the beverages that were in it, there was a lot of water, probably a decent amount of diet cokes.  Perhaps a bit of alcohol.  
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 12:30:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The clothing and people are wrong - but a metric shit ton of T posts have been pounded by hand.  I hired a crew to put up 2 miles of fence on my property.  1 out of 5 posts were wood, those were placed in holes augered by a bobcat.  The other's were driven by green card work force.  Steel is not cheap - the company ran the math and decided the risk of bending poles with the bobcat made it more expensive driving by hand-close to 1k of them.
View Quote

Last time my brother put in a good amount of fencing they rented a gas powered driver. It was neat.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 12:35:33 AM EDT
[#17]
I have a pneumatic one.  It is easier than driving by hand for sure, but not easier than paying someone else to do it.  That said, I can probably drive 1 a minute with a track loader (that includes moving the loader from post to post).  But I do bend a few.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 12:36:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Cowboys don't dress like that. That's the thing. It's a mostly fictional creation, like the "Chinese restaurants" we have here. One of the guys I used to know in college, born in China but very American, described American "Chinese restaurants" as being the equivalent of an "American restaurant" with western decor, statues of Buddha and Jesus everywhere, and in intermingling of Southern and Long Island accents. These commercials and things like it are pure cosplay.

I mean, have you ever ridden a horse or worked on a farm? Are you aware that even a canter will whack your groin like a hammer? Do you think tight jeans are good for working flexibility? How about sweating? Do you think a felt hat is going to be comfortable in desert heat or even high desert sun? Do you have any idea how dirty EVERYTHING gets when you farm? You might have a "dress" hat but you sure as hell don't work in a clean hat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jesus Hershel Christ.

Cowboys don't dress like that. That's the thing. It's a mostly fictional creation, like the "Chinese restaurants" we have here. One of the guys I used to know in college, born in China but very American, described American "Chinese restaurants" as being the equivalent of an "American restaurant" with western decor, statues of Buddha and Jesus everywhere, and in intermingling of Southern and Long Island accents. These commercials and things like it are pure cosplay.

I mean, have you ever ridden a horse or worked on a farm? Are you aware that even a canter will whack your groin like a hammer? Do you think tight jeans are good for working flexibility? How about sweating? Do you think a felt hat is going to be comfortable in desert heat or even high desert sun? Do you have any idea how dirty EVERYTHING gets when you farm? You might have a "dress" hat but you sure as hell don't work in a clean hat.

Shit that's how all the "cowboys" around here dress.

You know the type, drives a shitty truck, wears tight jeans and a cowboy hat, thinks they are country because they listen to country music and sit around a campfire occasionally on a Friday night.  Also never rode a horse or milked a cow in their life...
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 12:42:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I have a pneumatic one.  It is easier than driving by hand for sure, but not easier than paying someone else to do it.  That said, I can probably drive 1 a minute with a track loader (that includes moving the loader from post to post).  But I do bend a few.
View Quote

We put them in at work every so often for temporary fencing.  I use the loader bucket on my backhoe.  I also bend the crap out of a lot of them.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 12:44:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 8:46:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

How far west? Like El Paso? I lived in the Hill Country years ago and never saw ranchy folk drinking that.

View Quote

Marfa, Marathon, Midland/Odessa, Lubbock, etc.

Hill Country is hardly west. Think more dessert terrain.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 8:53:56 AM EDT
[#22]
I want to try the spicy jalapeno.  Anyone want to come over and touch dicks while drinking it? No homo.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 9:08:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

You know the type, drives a shitty truck, wears tight jeans and a cowboy hat, thinks they are country because they listen to country music and sit around a campfire occasionally on a Friday night.  Also never rode a horse or milked a cow in their life...
View Quote

What I don't get is that style of "cowboy" not only doesn't exist, it never did. It's just how it's portrayed in movies. I have never in my life seen any farmer wear a button-down shirt to do something unless they had to. In my janitor days we had Cintas uniforms but that was not voluntary. Tradesmen sometimes wear these, never farmers or cowboys...UNLESS they were playing a part, like taking some suburbanites on a horse walk.

We recognize things like bottles with "XXX" on the side and swinging saloon doors as caricatures, but not jingling spurs and cowboy theater. Maybe someday.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 9:22:57 AM EDT
[#24]

The kenny powers commercial is moar better
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 9:25:31 AM EDT
[#25]

Reminds me of this SNL classic...back when SNL was sorta funny
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 9:35:00 AM EDT
[#26]
The cowboy version of Booty Sweat, I thought this was a parody commercial.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 9:47:44 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

He was also, apparently, a "bull rider" in his younger years according to Wikipedia

I'll hazard a guess that's he's a lot more "cowboy" than most "country" artists out there at the moment.
View Quote

Season Four is coming out in early November, so I thought it was a good idea to use that actor.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 9:56:47 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
This commercial just popped on my TV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99x5FFyqZtk

I laughed. Peddling "cowboy seltzer".

Knew a bunch of real ranch folk in Texas and other western states. These "working" cowpokes in the commercial...prefectly groomed two day beards, clothes are crisp and new, hats with no sweat ring stains.  The guy working the tee post driver will be there three days in that caleche dirt, driving it like a pussy. Bet director call to that guy was: "Brucey, I know it like hard, but you need to at least act butch to get through this shot!"

View Quote

Started by a girl from Midlands, then sold to Diego (international beverage company).
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 10:12:13 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

My ex GF's family are ranchers in the Odessa/Midland area, have a big cattle operation out that way. Went to a couple shindigs with her and they were all drinking the crap out of it, told me it's a popular drink, especially the younger folks in the family and working for them.

The mexicans that work for them drink chelada (fucking nasty), but the white guys were drinking ranch water like it was tea.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 10:18:39 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I envy you seeing Jewell anywhere. I've had a twitch for her for years. She is also legit ranch gal.  
View Quote

She can also ride a motorcycle.

Back when she was with Ty Murray, they both had BMW cruisers.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 10:30:02 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 10:49:37 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

What I don't get is that style of "cowboy" not only doesn't exist, it never did. It's just how it's portrayed in movies. I have never in my life seen any farmer wear a button-down shirt to do something unless they had to. In my janitor days we had Cintas uniforms but that was not voluntary. Tradesmen sometimes wear these, never farmers or cowboys...UNLESS they were playing a part, like taking some suburbanites on a horse walk.

We recognize things like bottles with "XXX" on the side and swinging saloon doors as caricatures, but not jingling spurs and cowboy theater. Maybe someday.
View Quote

Tell me you've never been to north Texas or the OK panhandle without telling me you've never been there.
The type of cowboy that "doesn't exist" is alive and well. That style of dress is for protection from the elements as well as being stylish and classy. Cowboys and vaqueros wore long sleeve shirts way before sunscreen was invented. Same goes for a cowboy hat.
Even in my part of Arkansas this manner of dress is common. Go to the local feed store / cafe at lunch and 4 days out of 7 you will see someone in chaps or chinks wearing spurs. This ain't for show, we're ranchin' ol Son.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 10:58:51 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

28 US marines

Pulling up in black

Ford raptor trucks

Helicopters landing

Ram ranch is under siege

Under lockdown

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ram Ranch really rocks.

28 US marines

Pulling up in black

Ford raptor trucks

Helicopters landing

Ram ranch is under siege

Under lockdown

HAHAHAHAHAHA
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 10:59:37 AM EDT
[#34]
Lone river out in the west, but there's a Texas state sign in the bar?
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 11:02:56 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Which one? A few could ride well, but i doubt GQ dude squatting by the river wasn't.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hadn’t watched the video until reading your post above.  Yeah, the dude squatting by the river is the guy from Yellowstone the show.  I don’t know much about him other than seeing the TV show and reading his wiki page when you started this thread.  Apparently he can ride pretty well as he was, (again according to his bio), a bull rider.  

But what do I know, I’m just all hat no cattle because I like to keep from getting skin cancer.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 11:14:52 AM EDT
[#36]
I live on the other side of the state, I never heard of it.

I would venture to guess that "ranch water" in East Texas is more likely to be Bud,Miler,Coors, light than anything else, maybe mixed with V8 if before noon.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 11:37:46 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you including plaid flannels in this button down shirt list? Because that's how just about any farmer I've ever know dresses. Jeans or coveralls, your choice.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 2:35:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

What part of Hill Country is in West Texas?

We've already established the brand is out of Midland.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 2:53:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Ranch water? Sounds like something out of a horse trough.
View Quote

Exactly
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 2:56:57 PM EDT
[#40]
The spicy seltzer isn't bad. I had one at a nearby tex-mex restaurant with their Pablo Escobar tacos they had on special one month. I doubt I'd go out of my way to buy any to keep at home though.

The commercial itself wasn't bad from a production standpoint.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 3:18:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

This led to me twisting my ankle and being on crutches for a few weeks.  

Yet, I did not learn my lesson and must have drunk literally gallons of this ethereal elixir this summer whilst lounging in the pool. I do know that I went through 8 large bottles of topo chico because they are on the bottle tree.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 3:21:33 PM EDT
[#42]
No one there could change an air filter in their wifes' boyfriends Carola.
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 3:54:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Where was this post back in June? Now I gotta find some Top Chico. We don't have much for Mexicans around here so the local WalMart doesn't carry it, but it's available at others.
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 4:26:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Tell me you've never been to north Texas or the OK panhandle without telling me you've never been there.
The type of cowboy that "doesn't exist" is alive and well. That style of dress is for protection from the elements as well as being stylish and classy. Cowboys and vaqueros wore long sleeve shirts way before sunscreen was invented. Same goes for a cowboy hat.
Even in my part of Arkansas this manner of dress is common. Go to the local feed store / cafe at lunch and 4 days out of 7 you will see someone in chaps or chinks wearing spurs. This ain't for show, we're ranchin' ol Son.
View Quote

Same in my part of the state.
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 4:40:01 PM EDT
[#45]
In my AO there is a "mater-planned community" called Wolf Ranch.
Every time I see the billboard I picture a fenced paddock filled with cavorting wolves, guarded by stern-faced cattle.
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 4:42:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Looks like Broke Back Mountain.
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 5:02:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Are you including plaid flannels in this button down shirt list? Because that's how just about any farmer I've ever know dresses. Jeans or coveralls, your choice.
View Quote

Flannel obviously doesn't count.

Jeans are fine, albeit miserable in the heat, but tight jeans are not only poorer for protection they're not comfortable.
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 5:02:47 PM EDT
[#48]
Ranch Water is delicious.

It's either that or Dos X while fishin.
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 5:05:18 PM EDT
[#49]
Jesus.

Is that the guy from Yellowstone?
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 5:13:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I live on the other side of the state, I never heard of it.

I would venture to guess that "ranch water" in East Texas is more likely to be Bud,Miler,Coors, light than anything else, maybe mixed with V8 if before noon.
View Quote
During animal trapping and relocation the proper hydration schedule is to drink enough coffee to kill a city slicker, then once out in the field, water and Coors Light in a 1 to 1 ratio. After the work is done, 8-12 ice cold Coors Lights, followed by a few tequila or whiskey shots chased down with Coors Light.

Then story time from the retired PBR guy, complete with scars, drunk dialing rodeo bunnies, then pass out wherever looks comfy.

5am, coffee starts again.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top