Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 2/16/2023 12:18:38 PM EDT
A friend sold it to me for a good price.  It is next to new.  It is a little small for my hands, so I got a larger frame.  I have only been to the range with it once.

So far I like the gun.  I will still be daily carrying my G29, but it presents me with some good options.  I could shoot it very well even with the small frame.  But I do not yet have a lot of rounds down range with.  Very amazed with the versatility of this gun.  But again not a lot rounds through it yet.

Anybody with significant rounds down range care to share their P365 experiences?

Maybe @justabulletaway
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 12:23:31 PM EDT
[#1]
In!
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 12:23:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 12:24:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I daily carry my OG P365. Never failed me. Perfect subcompact carry gun for me. Probably have about 3000 rounds through it.

It (the general model) wasn't without teething issues, what gun is? But my copy has been flawless.
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 12:25:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Simple thread about MY P365, I have about 150 rounds through it. I like it.  But I have no long term experience with it.  Hoping to hear more feedback that is REAL.
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 12:25:37 PM EDT
[#5]
my first was a 365xl. it quickly became my carry piece. i cant express how much i love it. have since added a macro and a 365-380. probably going to get a couple more for the collection as well.

i find that i shoot well with it and speaking to the xl, it just fits my hand. its so easy to conceal iwb which is a huge plus living somewhere that isn't exactly gun friendly.
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 12:26:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I daily carry my OG P365. Never failed me. Perfect subcompact carry gun.

It wasn't without teething issues, what gun is? But mine has been flawless.
View Quote

You use “perfect” and “never failed me” in your first paragraph, then mention teething issues. Are you talking about your gun or just the model in general?
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 12:27:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Simple thread about MY P365, I have about 150 rounds through it. I like it.  But I have no long term experience with it.  Hoping to hear more feedback that is REAL.
View Quote
Yeah, but you rang the dinner bell for a certain SIG hater. I expect he'll be along shortly.
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 12:28:12 PM EDT
[#8]
In before monkeyspanker comes in with his SIG hate!
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 12:28:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You use "perfect" and "never failed me" in your first paragraph, then mention teething issues. Are you talking about your gun or just the model in general?
View Quote
My copy. Edited for clarity.
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 12:29:07 PM EDT
[#10]
The two we have have been flawless thus far.  No cycling issues or rust of any kind.
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 12:33:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Yeah, but you rang the dinner bell for a certain SIG hater. I expect he'll be along shortly.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meh....Liberty.  Posers can post right along with users.  We can sort through it.
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 12:35:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Here you go.

pdm was having some problems with his new gun. Enjoy.

pdm P365 failure to fire.

Link Posted: 2/16/2023 12:35:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Here you go.

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/16/2023 12:37:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Here you go.

View Quote
3000 rounds is not new.
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 12:37:56 PM EDT
[#15]
The general Sig P-365 xx enhancement links.

Armory Craft

Sig Guy

Wilson Combat Grip modules.

Mischief Machine
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 12:38:00 PM EDT
[#16]
In after spankglocksmonkey

I very much enjoy my P365X
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 12:38:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Well, I picked mine up back last year. I was skeptical as I've had several small 9mm carry guns that didn't work out for me.
I was also skeptical about carrying with no form of safety so I got the manual safety model.

I started with the basic X model gun and frame. It is very shootable as configured. At the advice of one of our good buddies, I decided to try the optic.

Now that is an absolute game changer for me.

Lastly, I opted to try the WC grip frame. I like it but it's not near the upgrade that going with a good RDS is.

The great thing about the 365 is that you can grab one model and morph it back and forth.
The killer option is that the 17rd Macro mag comes with baseplates to fit all three grip frame sizes.

I've shot my X right along side full size guns and it definitely holds it's own.

My typical range session consists of shooting steel plate racks, dueling trees, pepper poppers, etc.
This is at 15-25 yards.

I can consistently run my course with the 365 almost as well as any full size option I have.

I have tried the "Dickens Drill" with it a few times.
I can put the majority of rounds on a pepper popper at 40 yards, standing offhand, no problem.
It honestly surprised me.

I've had no issues with rust or anything as others have mentioned.
I did wipe my mags with Starrett M1 when new. I do wipe them down after range sessions.

It's a great platform to get into IMO.

Link Posted: 2/16/2023 12:38:17 PM EDT
[#18]
My first was a P365XL.  I liked it so much I bought a P365X that I then bought a regular P365 grip for.  The XL is my bedside gun and the X-hybrid gun is my carry gun.  Both have optics on them.
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 12:44:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Get the Wilson X size frame, then the magguts magazine insert.  

Then it’s perfect.
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 12:44:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

3000 rounds is not new.
View Quote

He bought it new and its a month old. Go read the tread. His words not mine. Yes he starting having FTF at around 2k iirc.

I've had a couple Glocks go down over the years. Five minute fix. Back up and running. Glock master race ftmfw!!

Let the crying begin.
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 12:45:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Here you go.

View Quote

You will notice this neversig guy never talks about first person experience.
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 12:45:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
A friend sold it to me for a good price.  It is next to new.  It is a little small for my hands, so I got a larger frame.  I have only been to the range with it once.

So far I like the gun.  I will still be daily carrying my G29, but it presents me with some good options.  I could shoot it very well even with the small frame.  But I do not yet have a lot of rounds down range with.  Very amazed with the versatility of this gun.  But again not a lot rounds through it yet.

Anybody with significant rounds down range care to share their P365 experiences?

Maybe @justabulletaway
View Quote

@pdm

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Sig-P365-striker-close-up-is-this-normal-/5-2622265/
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 12:46:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Are you new to Arfcom?  What kind of thread is this?
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 12:46:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

He bought it new and its a month old. Go read the tread. His words not mine. Yes he starting having FTF at around 2k iirc.

I've had a couple Glocks go down over the years. Five minute fix. Back up and running. Glock master race ftmfw!!

Let the crying begin.
View Quote
Liberty, try not crying when people like things you don't like?
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 12:47:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Let the crying begin.
View Quote

That’s an odd statement given the sheer volume of whining that you put out there.

I have two of them with about 3k though each.  

No failures.
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 12:47:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 12:47:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Get the Wilson X size frame, then the magguts magazine insert.  

Then it’s perfect.
View Quote

I have two mags setup with Magguts. They run great. The 17 round Macro mag is great too and fits the WC frame. It does print a little for me AIWB but I added a claw to my holster and it helps. Can always go back it hey 14 rd Magguts if needed for carry.
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 12:48:27 PM EDT
[#28]
I carry a 365xl. By far my favorite carry gun.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 12:48:28 PM EDT
[#29]
They are great guns.

If you are carrying something other than a P365 series, you're doing it wrong.
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 12:48:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Let the crying begin.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

3000 rounds is not new.

Let the crying begin.
Age on a gun is pretty meaningless without taking round count into consideration. Type of ammo makes a difference too. Big difference between shooting commercial FMJ/HP then some home grown super hot stuff too. Duration of firing too. Heat is also a thing. As is lubrication.
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 12:48:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
My 365 choked on wolf. Sig said "our guns won't shoot wolf" other than that I haven't shot it a ton. I haven't seen any complaints with newer 365s
View Quote
I am pretty well covered then, I have never bought a box of wolf or tula in my life.
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 12:49:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
They are great guns.

View Quote
If I didn't have a P938 for my pocket gun I'd be all over the 365 series.
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 12:49:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
They are great guns.

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/16/2023 12:51:27 PM EDT
[#34]
My P365 is coming close to 500 rounds.  My original P365 had issues out of the box.  Sent back to Sig and they sent back the same serial number.  Current one is great.
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 12:52:45 PM EDT
[#35]
So far it’s been good. The X is a little heavier than I would prefer with a full loaded mag. Seems to drag my belt down if it don’t get it situated just right, even with a specialty carry ratcheting belt and quality Vedder IWB holster. I’ve found right at 3:00 works best for me, but I could use a bigger ass. I’ve thought of glueing a patch of moleskin to the spot on the holster that slides against my underwear. Give it some traction and keep it in place. IDK…
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 12:54:19 PM EDT
[#36]
I like mine. I got a holosun red dot and a Streamlight TLR-7 SUB, and put on a Wilson Combat XL-size frame. It's great. Now that there are 17rd mags available it's hard to think why I'd go with a full-size pistol anymore.
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 12:55:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
My first was a P365XL.  I liked it so much I bought a P365X that I then bought a regular P365 grip for.  The XL is my bedside gun and the X-hybrid gun is my carry gun.  Both have optics on them.
View Quote

I could have  wrote this post verbatim except I dont use the xl as a nightstand gun. That would be my suppressed 8" 300blk.

I alternate carry the XL and the X on the p365 frame. Both have Holosun 507ks on them.
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 12:59:36 PM EDT
[#38]
I love mine.  Daily carry for me.  10+ rds, RDS, just a tad small but conceals well. Any larger and it wouldnt.
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 1:02:21 PM EDT
[#39]
They suck, because MonkeySpank says so.
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 1:04:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Age on a gun is pretty meaningless without taking round count into consideration. Type of ammo makes a difference too. Big difference between shooting commercial FMJ/HP then some home grown super hot stuff too. Duration of firing too. Heat is also a thing. As is lubrication.
View Quote

Not that I'm on monkeyspanker's side ..but 3k isn't clapped out. I have an XDM (gasp!) With 25k rounds and it's 100% original and has never had a single failure of any type.

The Hellcat ran through 20 cases of 9mm without a single failure as a promo when the Hellcat was released. 20k rounds, zero stoppages.

My average range session is 600 RDS. I consider a gun still newish after five range sessions. Sooo, yeah, 3k is too soon to start having issues, especially considering less than 1k people will complain it isn't broken in yet.
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 1:05:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They are great guns.

Sell it, get a P365.
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 1:10:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Have 3, all work as needed. My Romeo shit the bed just before a year and I sent it back to sig. They sent back a brand new one along with upgraded metal cover all within 1 week of getting the optic.
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 1:11:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Not that I'm on monkeyspanker's side ..but 3k isn't clapped out. I have an XDM (gasp!) With 25k rounds and it's 100% original and has never had a single failure of any type.

The Hellcat ran through 20 cases of 9mm without a single failure as a promo when the Hellcat was released. 20k rounds, zero stoppages.

My average range session is 600 RDS. I consider a gun still newish after five range sessions. Sooo, yeah, 3k is too soon to start having issues, especially considering less than 1k people will complain it isn't broken in yet.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/16/2023 1:12:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Carried one daily for years now,  haven't exactly put it through the wringer but it's never given me any trouble. I have a spare 365X slide with a red dot, so I can either pocket it with iron sights or go IWB with an optic. Honestly, I like pocket carrying my Hellcat better as it's a little shorter and doesn't have a weird point that can print weird, and I like my G26 better for IWB with an optic as the larger grip works better with my hand. The 365 is still a good jack-of-all-trades between those two though, and usually goes with me since it's the only one that can cover both bases.
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 1:13:02 PM EDT
[#45]
I've had my P365XL a few years now. It's my favorite 9mm. I've always been more of a 45 & 357sig guy.

However this P365XL is AMAZING! First carry gun with a red dot for me.
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 1:14:40 PM EDT
[#46]
I have an XL with a macro frame I've been carrying and teaching classes with for a few months.  Lovely gun, but very sensitive to body salt/sweat.  Surface rust on the slide.   Shoots and runs great, just needs some TLC.
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 1:18:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I have an XL with a macro frame I've been carrying and teaching classes with for a few months.  Lovely gun, but very sensitive to body salt/sweat.  Surface rust on the slide.   Shoots and runs great, just needs some TLC.
View Quote

An honest SIG owner. Much respect to you sir.
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 1:19:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't disagree. My point was there's a big difference in firing 50 rounds a day of 147gr FMJ for 60 days with a field strip/clean/lube after each time vs firing 3k rounds of +P+ in one sitting. Plus how many "xxxx gun broke xxxx manufacturer is a POS" have there been over the years and it comes out someone was putting shitty ass hot reloads, had a double charge, or was monkeying with the gun with mods/parts, and it wasn't really the guns fault.
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 1:19:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
So any SIG owner who says he doesn't have a rust problem is a liar?
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 1:20:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Am I dishonest SIG owner if I say that I haven't had a rust issue other than on the old stamped guns?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top