Red dots on pistols.. (Page 90 of 113)
Page / 113
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 12:38:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RustedAce:
What about red dots though?
View Quote

Red dots ?   Where do they come into the discussion?
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 12:41:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By 45-Seventy:

On paper, it should really be a winner and I’m not hearing anything bad about them. Then again, I’ve had a lot going on and have been distracted for a couple of months.

So what’s the story on these?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

On paper, it should really be a winner and I’m not hearing anything bad about them. Then again, I’ve had a lot going on and have been distracted for a couple of months.

Current aggregate thread on the Platypus:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Stealth-Arms-Platypus-Glock-and-P320-mag-1911-with-factory-customization/5-2634183/
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 12:42:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Rudukai13:. These are listed for less than $900 on Gunbroker:
https://marvel-b1-cdn.bc0a.com/f00000000269380/www.beretta.com/assets/0/15/DimLarge/92xi_listing001.jpg
View Quote

Iron sights….meh.
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 1:03:39 PM EDT
[#4]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Rudukai13:

Current aggregate thread on the Platypus:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Stealth-Arms-Platypus-Glock-and-P320-mag-1911-with-factory-customization/5-2634183/

I've read most of the thread and people are saying good things about them.  I've already got a race gun that is a safe queen so I can't bring myself to spend more money on another one yet, negotiations are ongoing
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 1:17:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Pantexan:

Iron sights….meh.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Rudukai13:. These are listed for less than $900 on Gunbroker:
https://marvel-b1-cdn.bc0a.com/f00000000269380/www.beretta.com/assets/0/15/DimLarge/92xi_listing001.jpg

Iron sights….meh.

It’s optics ready
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 1:20:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By sierra-def:
While you guys were bitching about how comps work, deals were being had:

Socom RMR

$439.99
https://shop.gafiringline.com/prodimages/2731-DEFAULT-l.jpg
View Quote

Thanks for that. I was looking for a deal on a black one but at that price, I couldn’t pass it up.
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 1:37:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By TW200:

We both shot Staccato at 50 yards a 1.5 steel plate. We both hit the steel almost every shot. We were both close to the same exact shooting skill level.
View Quote

1.5" plate at 50 yards?  That is impressive
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 3:06:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TW200] [#8]
Originally Posted By BaconFat:

1.5" plate at 50 yards?  That is impressive
View Quote

1 1/2' foot diameter steel plate not inches.
Just so happens I took an image yesterday while my new friend made his turn at the Staccato 50 yard shot.
Leon is a badass, just like me.
The round plates inbetween the two big white rectangular targets. At the farthest point. We each missed only 3 or 4 shots.
 Image of 50 yard shot from yesterday...

Link Posted: 8/11/2023 5:51:30 PM EDT
[#9]
I've been shooting a Dagger frame/Combat Armory G19 with dual illumination RMR for a little bit now.
Really like that set up. Only have 200-300 rds through it in the last 3 weeks or so. Carried a G19 a long time ago. Will be using this one for carry when I find a suitable IWB holster for it.

Link Posted: 8/11/2023 7:57:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By 50cal:
I've been shooting a Dagger frame/Combat Armory G19 with dual illumination RMR for a little bit now.
Really like that set up. Only have 200-300 rds through it in the last 3 weeks or so. Carried a G19 a long time ago. Will be using this one for carry when I find a suitable IWB holster for it.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/89/1000001571-2916232.jpg
View Quote

Does the Dagger not fit G19 holsters?
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 10:01:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Ivan1:

Thanks for that. I was looking for a deal on a black one but at that price, I couldn’t pass it up.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ivan1:
Originally Posted By sierra-def:
While you guys were bitching about how comps work, deals were being had:

Socom RMR

$439.99
https://shop.gafiringline.com/prodimages/2731-DEFAULT-l.jpg

Link Posted: 8/12/2023 2:12:58 AM EDT
[#12]
View Quote

The problem is, they don't yet do an RMR cut. I would wait for that.
Link Posted: 8/12/2023 2:59:58 AM EDT
[#13]
HOLY SHIT PEOPLE WE’VE BEEN DOING IT ALL WRONG THIS WHOLE TIME

Link Posted: 8/12/2023 3:29:29 AM EDT
[#14]

Honest question/serious suggestion, if you don’t want it for anything other than competition and you have a $1,700 budget why not get a SAO pistol and run in Limited Optics? Same 9mm Minor PF scoring. And it won’t be a boring striker fired pistol
View Quote

Honestly, LO slipped my mind since it was a provisional division last time I looked, and CO seems to all anyone talks about these days.  I'll have to go look into it some more, but I wouldn't be opposed to doing that, either.
Link Posted: 8/12/2023 3:40:29 AM EDT
[#15]
View Quote

I almost did buy one in a completely horrible color, but I couldn't pull the trigger until I see how durable they are.  Some people had concerns with the aluminum, from what I recall.

As far as the Shadows, the gun I never received was an AccuShadow 2 I ordered it in 2020.  Somehow the order kept getting lost between CZUSA and CZ Customs.  Maybe it'll show up one day, but I wrote it off a long time ago.  I don't even think the rep I originally spoke to worked there last I checked.
Link Posted: 8/12/2023 3:44:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DavidY] [#16]

View All Quotes

A few, mostly not however.  

That's really where the Combat Armory frame wins.
Link Posted: 8/12/2023 4:07:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DavidY] [#17]

View Quote

@50cal

I have that setup so I checked the fit in my Dagger holster from Bordertown Holsters and got a few photos (since I'm up sick anyway).  

The squareness of the slide makes it almost snug, but fit well. I'll check again later today to see if the adjustment screw can be let out just a little bit. I would have no problem using it as is however. The PSA dagger slides are tapered a little bit at the top, so there is a difference there.

I put the same combo into a safariland ALS open top (think it's 7377) for the Glock 17 and you really have to shove it in and pull it out because of the difference in the frame from the Dagger to Glock.  

If I were to order from Bordertown (and I have three holsters from him), I would probably mention you're using a very square slide and he can probably make it just a tad bit bigger. Also mentioned the optic cut. He's probably doing that standard, but just in case. My gun has a stainless steel aim Surplus and barrel in it, so it's easy to see in the photos how much clearance you have with the optic cut.

You could message him an email or on Facebook Messenger for any customization when you order, just give him the order number. Don't wait a couple hours, because he's quick and he might already have your holster made in 2 hours LOL. I believe for the Daggers, he was doing them standard with the bump out for the threaded barrel as well.

Let me know if you need better photos how this was just quick and dirty with my backup cell phone with the camera that's not as good.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/12/2023 5:56:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Only carry guns I have that don’t have optics now are my 948 and LCP Max. My Sigs, Berettas, and Glocks are all outfitted with RMRs or Holosuns
Link Posted: 8/12/2023 8:05:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/12/2023 11:34:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By DavidY:

I have that setup so I checked the fit in my Dagger holster from Bordertown Holsters and got a few photos (since I'm up sick anyway).  

The squareness of the slide makes it almost snug, but fit well. I'll check again later today to see if the adjustment screw can be let out just a little bit. I would have no problem using it as is however. The PSA dagger slides are tapered a little bit at the top, so there is a difference there.

I put the same combo into a safariland ALS open top (think it's 7377) for the Glock 17 and you really have to shove it in and pull it out because of the difference in the frame from the Dagger to Glock.  

If I were to order from Bordertown (and I have three holsters from him), I would probably mention you're using a very square slide and he can probably make it just a tad bit bigger. Also mentioned the optic cut. He's probably doing that standard, but just in case. My gun has a stainless steel aim Surplus and barrel in it, so it's easy to see in the photos how much clearance you have with the optic cut.

You could message him an email or on Facebook Messenger for any customization when you order, just give him the order number. Don't wait a couple hours, because he's quick and he might already have your holster made in 2 hours LOL. I believe for the Daggers, he was doing them standard with the bump out for the threaded barrel as well.

Let me know if you need better photos how this was just quick and dirty with my backup cell phone with the camera that's not as good.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/551633/IMG_20230812_025009393_jpg-2916775.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/551633/IMG_20230812_025031767_jpg-2916776.JPG
View Quote

@DavidY

Thank you for the tips. I appreciate it
Link Posted: 8/12/2023 11:53:03 AM EDT
[#21]
HOLY SHIT PEOPLE WE’VE BEEN DOING IT ALL WRONG THIS WHOLE TIME
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/12/2023 11:55:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By RustedAce:
What about red dots though?
View Quote

Red dots?……. Meh.
Link Posted: 8/12/2023 11:57:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By 2tired2run:
Get you a platypus......
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/12/2023 11:59:38 AM EDT
[#24]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BaconFat:. 1.5" plate at 50 yards?  That is impressive

Well, not so impressive then.
Link Posted: 8/12/2023 3:21:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By CDPhD:

I almost did buy one in a completely horrible color, but I couldn't pull the trigger until I see how durable they are.  Some people had concerns with the aluminum, from what I recall.

As far as the Shadows, the gun I never received was an AccuShadow 2 I ordered it in 2020.  Somehow the order kept getting lost between CZUSA and CZ Customs.  Maybe it'll show up one day, but I wrote it off a long time ago.  I don't even think the rep I originally spoke to worked there last I checked.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CDPhD:

Honestly the Platypus as a LO pistol is probably your best bet considering you already own (presumably) a plethora of Glock mags.

People have been shooting aluminum framed guns for a very long time now, there aren’t any specific durability concerns. It won’t last as long as steel, but it’ll still last a perfectly acceptable length of time even if being used for competition
Link Posted: 8/12/2023 3:32:17 PM EDT
[#26]
I got to speed shoot the piss out of this staccato yesterday and made another new shooting friend.
When i'm at my local range shooting, other shooters keep putting their loaded guns in my hands for me to speed shoot for some reason.
I shot this Staccato really fast 30 yards with the 28 round factory magazine. Staccato had a two pound trigger.
I shot the fastest I ever have and only missed 3 shots. All together I shot 125 rounds.
We both shot Staccato at 50 yards a 1.5 steel plate. We both hit the steel almost every shot. We were both close to the same exact shooting skill level.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309020/20230810_144245-2915877.jpg
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309020/20230810_144305-2915880.jpg
View Quote

@TW200 Is that XC engraved on both sides of the slide?
Link Posted: 8/12/2023 3:40:18 PM EDT
[#27]
In regard to the original question.  To each, their own.  As long as they are not hurting anyone else, who cares.  Have dots on 3 of my guns, including the last pistol I bought.  Mostly so I can say I have one and be familiar with it.

Link Posted: 8/12/2023 5:24:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TW200] [#28]

View All Quotes
I got to speed shoot the piss out of this staccato yesterday and made another new shooting friend.
When i'm at my local range shooting, other shooters keep putting their loaded guns in my hands for me to speed shoot for some reason.
I shot this Staccato really fast 30 yards with the 28 round factory magazine. Staccato had a two pound trigger.
I shot the fastest I ever have and only missed 3 shots. All together I shot 125 rounds.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309020/20230810_144245-2915877.jpg
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309020/20230810_144305-2915880.jpg

Looked etched.
Link Posted: 8/12/2023 5:26:44 PM EDT
[#29]

View All Quotes

Not what your mom told me. Ba Zinga!
Link Posted: 8/12/2023 7:51:07 PM EDT
[#30]

Is this that plastic piece of shit that can’t be adjusted or a new and exciting retarded idea?
Link Posted: 8/12/2023 7:53:26 PM EDT
[#31]

Is this that plastic piece of shit that can’t be adjusted or a new and exciting retarded idea?
View All Quotes

The previous retarded idea. They deleted the post cause the comments were vicious
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 7:14:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Heaviest slide mounted dot?  508T is supposed to be 2 ounces, don't know how accurate that is.  Are any of the enclosed emitters heavier?
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 7:16:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 8:35:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rudukai13] [#34]
Originally Posted By November5:
Heaviest slide mounted dot?  508T is supposed to be 2 ounces, don't know how accurate that is.  Are any of the enclosed emitters heavier?
View Quote

Enclosed optics as a rule will be heavier (when compared to optics made of the same material) because there’s just more material there. Plus a second lens compared to open optics.

ACRO: 2.1 oz
MPS: 2.05 oz
RCR: 1.95 oz

Except apparently the 509T is 1.72 oz because…🤷‍♂️

Or if you want really heavy, people have put Aimpoint Micro T1 optics on pistol slides and those come in at 3.0 oz
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 8:38:43 PM EDT
[#35]

Unsurprisingly, the RCR earns Aaron Cowan’s seal of approval
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 9:07:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Sent an old G17 frame to battlewerx to cut and throw some OD on her. Need to take her out shootingAttachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 4:47:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Will we get to 100?
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 7:34:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By bandanabandit1:
Will we get to 100?
View Quote

Most certainly
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 9:55:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By BMSMB:

Most certainly
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BMSMB:
Will we get to 100?

Most certainly

In for the long haul.
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 10:57:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Will we get to 100?
View Quote

::Clears throat::

::Cracks knuckles::
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 10:58:54 PM EDT
[#41]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 2tired2run:
Get you a platypus......

https://www.ipswichfirst.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/Platypus-4.jpg

Does it come with a happy switch?
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 11:01:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 11:02:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 11:02:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 11:02:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 11:03:09 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 11:03:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 11:06:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9mmmac] [#48]
Thought is was Aqua Velva.  Pepperidge Farm has trouble remembering.

Link Posted: 8/16/2023 11:08:09 PM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes

Meh, 18" at 50 yards is meh. Not bad but not OMG!

I regularly shoot an 8" plate at 50 yards with my iron sighted Springfield loaded. I probably get 2-3 misses every 10 rounds. On the propane tank I m at 100%
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 11:26:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By 03RN:

Meh, 18" at 50 yards is meh. Not bad but not OMG!

I regularly shoot an 8" plate at 50 yards with my iron sighted Springfield loaded. I probably get 2-3 misses every 10 rounds. On the propane tank I m at 100%
View Quote

You could hit it 11 out of 10 times if you used a red dot
Page / 113
Red dots on pistols.. (Page 90 of 113)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top