BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 4:42:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
He also should have pulled the one or two "registered" handguns out of the safe, and shown them nothing else.
View Quote
Yeah. NEVER keep your contraband with your registered stuff. It's like keeping your weed in the glove box with the registration and insurance card! What the he'll was he thinking?
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 4:45:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
If you are going to break the law,don’t invite the man into your life. Apparently screaming at his wife was more important than (relative) freedom,this wasn’t a wise choice.

Good luck getting child support from him while he’s in prison ????
View Quote
Let me help you out dude. All it takes is a woman screaming and the kid calling. It happened to my brother and he had to bail before the cops came. I even had a woman coworker demand sex or she would try to destroy me. Everyone believed her till she ripped off 30k of inventory.

People ALWAYS default to believing the woman. Even when there’s irrefutable evidence to the contrary.

It’s why I don’t tell my wife how many guns I own. Or anyone else.

It’s why I don’t post shit on Facebook.

It’s why I will never be in a private setting with women coworkers.

It’s also why you need to be really careful with children around. Schools raise them to be informants. Fuck man my nephew gets asked questions like “does daddy beat you” or “how often does daddy yell”. The bitch is never held accountable. It’s always the man.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 4:45:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
https://s.hdnux.com/photos/01/01/31/73/17145552/47/920x920.jpg

Some people collect and sell antique cars, others collect guns.

That was the point Mark Albin, 49, tried to make this week after he was charged with possession of 16 assault weapons, 76 unregistered high-capacity magazines, and six silencers.

Recommended Video
Albin also faces one count of manufacturing an explosive device in his Tackora Trail home and one count of disorderly conduct.

“Most of the guns I bought when I was younger,” Albin said Monday. “Just like an antique car, they go up in value.”

Albin, a mechanic who works at the Limestone Service Station on Danbury Road, said he built some of the guns and silencers.

Of the assault weapons included in a photo released by the Ridgefield Police Department, Albin said between five to seven were guns he assembled at home from parts he ordered online.

“They’re legally made, homemade guns,” he said. “That’s what blew a gasket with the Ridgefield police.”

“They’re not 3D-printed ghost guns,” he added.

Albin said he also assembled the six silencers from parts he bought off of Amazon.

The devices are made to look like “solvent traps,” he said.

“Maybe I should have registered the high-capacity [magazines], but they never left my house,” he said, noting that he has 10-round magazines — the legal limit in Connecticut — that he brings to the shooting range.

According to Albin, the assault weapons made at home were not registered because home-built guns do not have a serial number.

Albin said all of his guns were stored in a safe.

“I’m a mechanic, not a gunsmith,” Albin said. “I like building stuff from scratch, that’s all. And there’s plenty of documentation on the internet that’s readily available to anybody who wants to build guns from scratch.”

First Selectman Rudy Marconi said the issue was not about whether the guns were stored correctly, but that they were unregistered and therefore illegal.

“The worry is what happens when a cache like this one gets into the wrong hands?” said Marconi. “All it takes is the wrong person to get their hands on these types of weapons.”

Last Thursday, police responded to a disturbance call at Albin’s residence after his son called police during an argument between Albin and his wife.

“We were having a loud argument and my kid got scared and called 911,” he said. “Nothing physical happened. She didn’t want me to leave the house is all, and I didn’t want to stay.”

An officer who responded to the scene told Albin they would have to hold his guns.

“He said ‘because you’re a registered handgun owner, I need to collect your handguns,’” Albin said. “I gave him access to everything.”

According to a press release from Ridgefield police, officers “discovered illegal firearms, high capacity magazines, and an explosive device.”

https://www.newstimes.com/local/article/Ridgefield-man-with-weapons-cache-a-mechanic-13738917.php?fbclid=IwAR1GNsVCm-XeHHX2xbxZQs97fB1v8hNIH8zS7ZNtA6PykEwfawToxCJKbkw

Registration is evil. And the path to tyranny.
View Quote
Cop came to argument. Sees he has registered guns and cop says it’s time to take guys guns.

Never be the idiot who registers your property.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 4:49:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
He should've had a couple of them cached in an alternate location
View Quote
Maybe he does.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 4:55:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Cop came to argument. Sees he has registered guns and cop says it’s time to take guys guns.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://s.hdnux.com/photos/01/01/31/73/17145552/47/920x920.jpg

Some people collect and sell antique cars, others collect guns.

That was the point Mark Albin, 49, tried to make this week after he was charged with possession of 16 assault weapons, 76 unregistered high-capacity magazines, and six silencers.

Recommended Video
Albin also faces one count of manufacturing an explosive device in his Tackora Trail home and one count of disorderly conduct.

“Most of the guns I bought when I was younger,” Albin said Monday. “Just like an antique car, they go up in value.”

Albin, a mechanic who works at the Limestone Service Station on Danbury Road, said he built some of the guns and silencers.

Of the assault weapons included in a photo released by the Ridgefield Police Department, Albin said between five to seven were guns he assembled at home from parts he ordered online.

“They’re legally made, homemade guns,” he said. “That’s what blew a gasket with the Ridgefield police.”

“They’re not 3D-printed ghost guns,” he added.

Albin said he also assembled the six silencers from parts he bought off of Amazon.

The devices are made to look like “solvent traps,” he said.

“Maybe I should have registered the high-capacity [magazines], but they never left my house,” he said, noting that he has 10-round magazines — the legal limit in Connecticut — that he brings to the shooting range.

According to Albin, the assault weapons made at home were not registered because home-built guns do not have a serial number.

Albin said all of his guns were stored in a safe.

“I’m a mechanic, not a gunsmith,” Albin said. “I like building stuff from scratch, that’s all. And there’s plenty of documentation on the internet that’s readily available to anybody who wants to build guns from scratch.”

First Selectman Rudy Marconi said the issue was not about whether the guns were stored correctly, but that they were unregistered and therefore illegal.

“The worry is what happens when a cache like this one gets into the wrong hands?” said Marconi. “All it takes is the wrong person to get their hands on these types of weapons.”

Last Thursday, police responded to a disturbance call at Albin’s residence after his son called police during an argument between Albin and his wife.

“We were having a loud argument and my kid got scared and called 911,” he said. “Nothing physical happened. She didn’t want me to leave the house is all, and I didn’t want to stay.”

An officer who responded to the scene told Albin they would have to hold his guns.

“He said ‘because you’re a registered handgun owner, I need to collect your handguns,’” Albin said. “I gave him access to everything.”

According to a press release from Ridgefield police, officers “discovered illegal firearms, high capacity magazines, and an explosive device.”

https://www.newstimes.com/local/article/Ridgefield-man-with-weapons-cache-a-mechanic-13738917.php?fbclid=IwAR1GNsVCm-XeHHX2xbxZQs97fB1v8hNIH8zS7ZNtA6PykEwfawToxCJKbkw

Registration is evil. And the path to tyranny.

Even if they weren't registered,she may have ratted him out if she was pissed............
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 4:55:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
So he will lose his freedom, his family, his home, his career. A wife will lose her husband and a child their dad.

All that for a "worry"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Derp
So he will lose his freedom, his family, his home, his career. A wife will lose her husband and a child their dad.

All that for a "worry"
Yep and the state will pay 50k a year to house him in prison after paying thousands to try and convict him. He won't be paying taxes or putting money into the economy while he is in jail and his earning power and hence the taxes he pays in the future will always be less. His wife and kids will probably end up on government assistance of some sort costing many thousands more each year.
But society is much safer thanks the the diligence of law enforcement and prosecutors.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 4:58:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
That isn't how it works.

You tell them where guns are, they collect them.

In all likelihood you are handcuffed and sitting on the couch and they are sternly demanding "where are the guns, give us the guns".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He also should have pulled the one or two "registered" handguns out of the safe, and shown them nothing else.
That isn't how it works.

You tell them where guns are, they collect them.

In all likelihood you are handcuffed and sitting on the couch and they are sternly demanding "where are the guns, give us the guns".
and that would be a really good reason never too keep the guns that they know about (registered) with the guns (and other thing) they don't know about.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 5:06:57 PM EDT
[#8]

"The worry is what happens when a cache like this one gets into the wrong hands?" said Marconi. "All it takes is the wrong person to get their hands on these types of weapons."
View Quote
The worry is when the wrong people get in power and become tyrannical.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 5:07:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Where the fuck is Ridgefield?
View Quote
Close to the shit hole of NYC.
Was the home of Navy Arms (Val Forget)

Sorry did not see it was CT. There is a Ridgefield in NJ

Domestic violence is such a bullshit law.
A good friend of mine's son (real shit bird) got into a fight with his ex wife/ whatever.
The son had his address listed as my friends address, the x/wife files a domestic against the son.
The cops go to my friends home and confiscate all of his guns and ammo. Over 150 guns.
He did eventually get them back but lost some ammo in the deal.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 5:10:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
"I need to collect your guns...."

What the fuck is a "registered handgun owner?
View Quote
In Connecticut, there are databases related to firearms information. When police run a person's information it will come up with information if the person has a permit to carry or eligibility certificate. You need a permit to buy any firearm, ammunition, or magazine. A permit to carry is needed to possess a pistol or revolver outside of the home or to carry or transport one. (The upside is that a vast majority of legal gun owners are legally able to carry, and that number grew when the state expanded gun laws in 2013) Additionally, each time you buy a gun, a form is sent to the state police and your local CLEO. It describes the buyer, seller, and firearm (google Connecticut DPS-3 form if you want to see what that looks like). The state maintains a computerized record of firearms that they know about. Some towns may attempts to keep local records as well. (Handgun transfers have required paperwork and an authorization for decades as have long gun sales at retail. Long gun transfers since 2013 all require authorization numbers and paperwork).
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 5:13:25 PM EDT
[#11]
I have no idea why I went to their FB page and expected anything different.......some dumb ass sheep posting under their feed about this.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 5:19:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Why the fuck would they need his guns if he wasn’t arrested for DV? This is why I never believe anyone when they say there’s no guns in the house. That’s what anyone with a brain would say.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 5:57:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

A good friend of mine's son (real shit bird) got into a fight with his ex wife/ whatever.
The son had his address listed as my friends address, the x/wife files a domestic against the son.
The cops go to my friends home and confiscate all of his guns and ammo. Over 150 guns.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where the fuck is Ridgefield?

So the cops stole his ammo?
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 6:02:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Pro tip - If you’re going to own unregistered EBRs, illegal suppressors and hi-cap mags in a ban state you’d better be the type that never gets in arguments with the wife and better die happily married 50 years later.

One shouting match or one “I’ll show him” moment from a pissed off woman will fuck you hard.
View Quote
This makes my want to tell my wife I sold them all and start digging.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 6:04:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Glad I'm blessed to live in a decent state with a decent wife with no desire to visit 3rd world  police state shit holes masquerading as the USA.

You choose the level of crap you are willing to tolerate. This fella clearly chose wrong and is now paying for it.
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 7:38:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

So the cops stole his ammo?
View Quote
That is what he said, It was 264 Win mag. not a very common round.
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 7:41:36 AM EDT
[#17]
‘because you’re a registered handgun owner, I need to collect your handguns,’
View Quote
Fucking bullshit
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 8:10:26 AM EDT
[#18]
View Quote
This is the problem with registration. Once enacted, it puts people in jail for non-compliance, which impacts nobody's rights or freedoms.

It is a victimless felony crime.

Shall not be infringed.

lack of documentation putting people in jail is certainly infringement.

CONFISCATING GUNS BECAUSE OF A VERBAL ARGUMENT.
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 8:11:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Registration is the first step toward confiscation. Look what happened to the guy in California after he registered a gun and then the state banned possession of that gun. He was arrested. If I were in a state that required registration I'd give some thought about how to proceed from that point.
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 8:14:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Get with it it’s deer not fucking ducks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I see nothing in the fellows collection he could use for duck hunting
Get with it it’s deer not fucking ducks.
I'll pay whomever points out to me in the Constitution where it mentions hunting $100, because I sure haven't seen it.

It ain't about hunting, its about being able to shoot in the face tyrants.  Which the Founders were well aware of, having just fought for their freedom for real.
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 8:15:53 AM EDT
[#21]
He did nothing wrong. Not guilty.

The government is the only one guilty.

Guilty of making unconstitutional laws and criminals out of common people.
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 8:21:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
This should be a lesson to every single one of y’all that live in a ban state.

Get the fuck out and start over in a state where you will not spend the cost of your house and a year’s wages just to avoid jail.( but still be a convicted felon)

Seriously, with a lot of y’all the Stockholm Syndrome is thick.
View Quote
Best post so far.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top