BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5101
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 10:54:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By airmandaniel:
Would I be allowed Texas citizenship if I bring my Tavor and camp out at Whataburger?
[/url]
View Quote

We can be friends.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 10:56:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By cm:

even in the big cities, ham has really took a hit, since younger people flock on to the internet, so the ham radio operator population is getting older and gradually smaller.

eventually, some greedy politicians are going to sell off portions of bands to commercial services, once they can claim a lack of use.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cm:
Originally Posted By stater61:

Yessir, I'm in the 4 corners area right now and there's not much ham activity compared to the bigger cities.

even in the big cities, ham has really took a hit, since younger people flock on to the internet, so the ham radio operator population is getting older and gradually smaller.

eventually, some greedy politicians are going to sell off portions of bands to commercial services, once they can claim a lack of use.

For those who have wandered into arfcom Ham forums are the folks here generally welcoming of young newcomers or is their a better place to go for Ham radio info?

I’ve started to barely get into the research but some places are rough on anyone who isn’t 50yrs+ and already an expert from what I have come across using google
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 11:05:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Suits and masks for our new uniforms?https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/355044/star-wars-dressman-05-1730205.jpg
View Quote

Yes.

Link Posted: 12/14/2020 11:10:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By AZNetEng:
I just couldn't help it...

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Hollywood_Shooter:

And her tweet is gone. Either Twitter dropped her a sweet little note or enough folks reached out and said "make it go away" but I don't care which. She signaled her side and it was recorded for posterity.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 11:17:07 AM EDT
[#5]
And her tweet is gone. Either Twitter dropped her a sweet little note or enough folks reached out and said "make it go away" but I don't care which. She signaled her side and it was recorded for posterity.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Hollywood_Shooter:

When I checked her feed now she is indignant that people are responding to her threat. So I responded to her indignant tweet.

Link Posted: 12/14/2020 11:27:10 AM EDT
[#6]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
Suits and masks for our new uniforms?https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/355044/star-wars-dressman-05-1730205.jpg

Yes.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/1f/70/75/1f7075bc084428699b907b3f910d8c9b.jpg

*Like*
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 11:32:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Oatmeal Raisin cookie is best cookie.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 11:34:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Everybodygotone:
Seems to me that big brawls with sticks and pepper spray doesn't accomplish much beyond amusing theater. Armies quit showing up to the battlefield in large formations a long time ago They evolved better tactics. Maybe time for patriots to do the same. Probably a discussion better had elsewhere.

As for the bigger rats, DJT should just say "fuck off, I'm not leaving". The election was a fraud, subsequently so is the EC vote and everything else. It's a coup. Why play along?
View Quote

I would personally prefer he be officially inaugurated, as I've got a pmag on the line in an election thread wager with a troll.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 11:45:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By planemaker:

Not really. SCOTUS could rule at any time up till Jan 20th that some/all of the electors were selected on the basis of fraudulent votes and toss them. That would invalidate the EC vote until the situation could be rectified. Also, Trump still has the 2018 EO on election interference and the Insurrection Act he can invoke to deal with the treasonous f*cks that committed fraud and/or took money from the Chicoms.
View Quote

Or... pence can simply toss the disputed states.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 11:46:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By 36trap:

In fantasyland, if patriots are gonna rise, it better happen before joe and the hoe are sworn in.  Things will be much more complicated post inauguration day.  They will quickly gut the DoD of patriot leadership and force any federal LE sympathetic to the Constitution out just as Obama did.  People better start praying Trump has the balls to follow through on his 2018 order and add the insurrection act on top of it.
View Quote

More complicated in some ways, easier in others. If we look outside of fantasy land and into history....

America didn't have the will to fight the axis until after Pearl Harbor.
America didn't really go after isis until after 911.
There were no 2A sanctuaries until after RFLs
There were no Proud Boys until after antifa.

We could probably put together a long list like this. Conservatives tend to be more reactive than proactive. They have a need to see themselves as defenders rather than aggressors. They don't want to throw the first punch. That's giving up an advantage, but it is what it is.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 11:47:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By EvoXGunner:

Damn I loved when chicks all had the big hair .
View Quote

80’s baby!
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 12:07:44 PM EDT
[#12]
View Quote
Debatable. But I could make them.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 12:08:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MRTsHaircut] [#13]
Originally Posted By JCoop:
But no ties. Or ties optional. I hate wearing ties. And I'm old and independent enough to refuse to wear one.
View Quote

Ties optional but encouraged.  Best figure a clip on in case  of melee
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 12:27:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By New2AR15s:

In
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Cecenrse:
Originally Posted By RockNwood:

Somebody set up our own hosting and we subscribe to fund it?  Hosting ourselves gives the most control. It would need to be someone with access to very high bandwidth Internet connection and willing to do the site admin. Daunting.

I have had an offer from a regular member tonight, but do not feel I should be making unilateral decisions for the group beyond a certain point.  We should have a riot squad consensus, or at least a majority decision.

OFFER:

I have installed,setup,and run a phpbb forum before. I have private hosting now and am going to grab a relevant domain tonight if possible. If needed its something i could get running but would take a week or so.i have the last week of year off. Also do want to be on offsite group . will get proton mail and get back to you.

In

Yeah, sure. Why not? Not much left to lose.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 12:34:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tnriverluver] [#15]
I don't know if this was posted earlier or not but this sounds like something very very big is afoot.  Trying to post from this tablet so bear with me.

Link Posted: 12/14/2020 12:36:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Wife is making me build her an AR after I bugged her for years to get one.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 12:37:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By stoner01:

The only thing I NEED from the state of Texas is to stop infecting my mountains with folks that can't drive in snow.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BethanyHatch:
Just wait until he needs the great Republic of Texas

The only thing I NEED from the state of Texas is to stop infecting my mountains with folks that can't drive in snow.

@BethanyHatch

Meanwhile in Colorado

( Yes my Photoshop sucks )

Link Posted: 12/14/2020 12:38:55 PM EDT
[#18]

View All Quotes

Mayhem Midget sees all

That elf on a shelf isn't a elf

Stoner is sneaky
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 12:40:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Ex_Sanguine_Nation:

View All Quotes

Somebody set up our own hosting and we subscribe to fund it?  Hosting ourselves gives the most control. It would need to be someone with access to very high bandwidth Internet connection and willing to do the site admin. Daunting.

I have had an offer from a regular member tonight, but do not feel I should be making unilateral decisions for the group beyond a certain point.  We should have a riot squad consensus, or at least a majority decision.

OFFER:

I have installed,setup,and run a phpbb forum before. I have private hosting now and am going to grab a relevant domain tonight if possible. If needed its something i could get running but would take a week or so.i have the last week of year off. Also do want to be on offsite group . will get proton mail and get back to you.

In

I mean I prefer to still use arf for as much as possible but having a possible fallback to at least get info out is a good and prudent idea
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 12:45:41 PM EDT
[#20]

OFFER:

View All Quotes

OFFER:

In.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 12:48:24 PM EDT
[#21]

For those who have wandered into arfcom Ham forums are the folks here generally welcoming of young newcomers or is their a better place to go for Ham radio info?

I’ve started to barely get into the research but some places are rough on anyone who isn’t 50yrs+ and already an expert from what I have come across using google
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cm:
Originally Posted By stater61:

Yessir, I'm in the 4 corners area right now and there's not much ham activity compared to the bigger cities.

The forum here is great for hams and people interested in being one. The other online sites have a good sized presence of tards.
 You don't need to be an expert...you just have to pass the tests. Practicing on the air is vital so you can learn what you can and
cannot do with your equipment. I am a amateur extra. With a fairly modest HF station you will be surprised how well you can stay in
touch regionally.

Don't be discouraged by trolls...just study the question pool and get your ticket. Then practice on the air.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 12:48:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By tnriverluver:
I don't know if this was posted earlier or not but this sounds like something very very big is afoot.  Trying to post from this tablet so bear with me.

View Quote
FireEye/SolarWinds people are having a bad day...lol
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 1:00:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By kbi:

@BethanyHatch

Meanwhile in Colorado

https://i.imgflip.com/4qbaxe.gif
View Quote

In the words of Chieftan, It offends me, Remove it.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 1:01:01 PM EDT
[#24]

Stoner is sneaky
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 1:03:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#25]

View Quote

Building the case for foreign interference and all that that implies.

Ominous music added for effect.

Link Posted: 12/14/2020 1:04:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By BillyDBerger:
View Quote

Wife asked me yesterday why I didn't have armor what if you have to go fight communist's! She told me to to go get the good stuff...
Asked if she wanted some and she said maybe but she will be sticking close to home to watch the grandkids....
So my Christmas is looking good.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 1:04:47 PM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

Relevant
US Hit By MAJOR Cyber Attack Going Back Maybe SIX MONTHS, Trump Was Right To Fire CISA Head
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 1:09:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RSG] [#28]

Link Posted: 12/14/2020 1:13:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 1:19:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By 36trap:

In fantasyland, if patriots are gonna rise, it better happen before joe and the hoe are sworn in.  Things will be much more complicated post inauguration day.  They will quickly gut the DoD of patriot leadership and force any federal LE sympathetic to the Constitution out just as Obama did.  People better start praying Trump has the balls to follow through on his 2018 order and add the insurrection act on top of it.
View Quote

2018 executive order this Friday due to extensive fraud, manipulation, and hacking ... all supported by foreign actors.

Trump "crosses the Delaware" by invoking Insurrection Act on Christmas Eve, coinciding with the new federal holiday.

It's gonna be a fun 2 weeks.  

Link Posted: 12/14/2020 1:19:32 PM EDT
[#31]
View All Quotes
This is settled science. Other cookies can be good, great, even fantastic. A properly made Oatmeal Raisin cookie however is not beatable. Like all similar things they are best enjoyed fresh, moist and warm still warm, with an ice cold dairy drink. In the case of apple pie, with a frozen cold dairy confection of course.

And beans can go in chili, .45 is better than 9mm because size does matter, and last but not least, Yes Virgina, there is a Santa Claus.

If I missed anything please let me know and Ill give you the truth on the subject.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 1:20:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By BillyDBerger:
View Quote
"Making" you??? Riiiiiight... We can see your smile from here.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 1:20:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FALFOX] [#33]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
Building the case for foreign interference and all that that implies.

Ominous music added for effect.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUOaJG9Kjas
View Quote

The Solarwinds security breach is massive, nearly every branch of government and the military uses Solarwinds-compromised devices. Have entities unknown *cough*-china-*cough* been listening and acting behind the scenes for the better part of a year? The msm is using their old fallback boogeyman, Russia.

And yes, I like FF12, it was a great game although the gambit system made it too easy, the "lazy man's" final fantasy. Just set up gambits and walk around and the game auto-fights and auto-heals for you.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 1:23:28 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

Apparently applies to the voting systems, along with other systems.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 1:25:08 PM EDT
[#35]

I mean I prefer to still use arf for as much as possible but having a possible fallback to at least get info out is a good and prudent idea
View All Quotes

OFFER:

In

I admit I hate change but in some respects changing how we do things needs to happen if its not shit posting.  Amazon technically owns this site, I am sure someone inside would sellout relay anything posted that might be helpful to someone.  For a majority of us we paid with CC, which may or may not have been archived somewhere with your address with it (at least your zip code).  I don't want to change but I also don't want a situation to happen I could have prevented either.  With Amazon owning the site it also means the plug can be pulled at any time.  I would much rather have a fall back plan.  On that note a fall back plan is only effective if you actually use it at least half as much as your normal comms.  You need that plan to be a solid as your primary, only then can it be effective for an actual situation that pops up.  

On that note we had a primary plan, backup plan, and then a back up of the backup plan.  The backup of the backup plan was not practiced normally and some of testing it was to show if your backup plan is bad how shit goes sideways real fast.  If your on the backup plan already the backup to the backup plan needs to be 100% operational as well.  For each plan you need to know the weaknesses and what can render that plan at under 80% effectiveness.  There will be situations that some might have to be a relay from one plan to the other since some will be "trapped" on one type comms plan and the others might only have another type of communication available.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 1:27:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#36]
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 1:29:08 PM EDT
[#37]

Stoner is sneaky
View All Quotes

Mayhem Midget sees all

Stoner is sneaky
Damn right he isn't. He is a ANTIFA sympathizer.

Link Posted: 12/14/2020 1:30:13 PM EDT
[#38]
This is settled science. Other cookies can be good, great, even fantastic. A properly made Oatmeal Raisin cookie however is not beatable. Like all similar things they are best enjoyed fresh, moist and warm still warm, with an ice cold dairy drink. In the case of apple pie, with a frozen cold dairy confection of course.

And beans can go in chili, .45 is better than 9mm because size does matter, and last but not least, Yes Virgina, there is a Santa Claus.

If I missed anything please let me know and Ill give you the truth on the subject.
View All Quotes

Must.......  butt.......... in.............. tollhouse cookie > all otherrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 1:31:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cecenrse] [#39]

What did he know and when did he know it?
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 1:31:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 1:32:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 1:33:32 PM EDT
[#42]

Mayhem Midget sees all

Stoner is sneaky
Damn right he isn't. He is a ANTIFA sympathizer.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/430646/54a6772e2fcf0bbf4fdd41c4fc8f664b-1730657.jpg

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/430646/dcougxq-2c17c69c-61b8-4ff5-9b44-e4716686-1730660.png

Link Posted: 12/14/2020 1:35:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: xmission] [#43]
View All Quotes

He is 100% correct.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 1:36:31 PM EDT
[#44]

@BethanyHatch

Meanwhile in Colorado

https://i.imgflip.com/4qbaxe.gif
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/14/2020 1:40:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 1:41:02 PM EDT
[#46]

View Quote
Welllll technically science isn't never settled. Opening with that statement completely nullified the rest of your comment.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 1:41:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 1:41:44 PM EDT
[#48]
The Land Before Time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJg3GP4tH94
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MotorMouth:

I am one of the aforementioned GenX geezers, so I have no idea what you're talking about.
The Land Before Time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJg3GP4tH94

Mmmm

Lil foot burger 😂

Oh oh

Lil foot tender loin
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 1:43:32 PM EDT
[#49]
View Quote

He was probably drinking Coca Cola.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 1:47:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Scoobysmak:

I admit I hate change but in some respects changing how we do things needs to happen if its not shit posting.  Amazon technically owns this site, I am sure someone inside would sellout relay anything posted that might be helpful to someone.  For a majority of us we paid with CC, which may or may not have been archived somewhere with your address with it (at least your zip code).  I don't want to change but I also don't want a situation to happen I could have prevented either.  With Amazon owning the site it also means the plug can be pulled at any time.  I would much rather have a fall back plan.  On that note a fall back plan is only effective if you actually use it at least half as much as your normal comms.  You need that plan to be a solid as your primary, only then can it be effective for an actual situation that pops up.  

On that note we had a primary plan, backup plan, and then a back up of the backup plan.  The backup of the backup plan was not practiced normally and some of testing it was to show if your backup plan is bad how shit goes sideways real fast.  If your on the backup plan already the backup to the backup plan needs to be 100% operational as well.  For each plan you need to know the weaknesses and what can render that plan at under 80% effectiveness.  There will be situations that some might have to be a relay from one plan to the other since some will be "trapped" on one type comms plan and the others might only have another type of communication available.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Scoobysmak:

OFFER:

In

I definitely agree with most of your points if there is to be a back up it should be used to make sure it is functional weather for discussing the same news as here or more for info recon sharing like we had this weekend. I guess I was directing my comment towards staying here for resources like the tech forums and equipment exchange at least for the foreseeable future. There is a wealth of knowledge on this site as long as the plug is not pulled
Page / 5101
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top