BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5102
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 4:59:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ryann:

Dixon Mounds Illinois. On the Illinois River.  Quite a civilization from at least 1000 years ago. At one time the graves had been excavated and they could be viewed from a parapet built around the exposed grave site. Fascinating, and quite a civilization albeit primitive.
The graves were covered in the 90s I believe, as a kid I visited it frequently.
Pictures of the opened graves can be seen on google image.
These people were not nomadic, and lived in the same spot for generations. The museum is still open.
View Quote
Lots of Caddoan structures in the southern US as well, stretching from Texas to Florida.  

Link Posted: 5/29/2020 4:59:02 PM EDT
[#2]
These people will just keep checking that Democrat ticket and telling themselves it didn't really happen or wasn't as bad as it could have been.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 4:59:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Miami_JBT] [#3]
Originally Posted By GreasyEasy:

Sure, but that doesn't mean it's good.      

Some of you guys sound like you want to join in on burning down the government buildings.

Post pics and vids if you do please
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NickSaban11:

Plenty of American government buildings have been razed in our history. Not anarchists yet

Sure, but that doesn't mean it's good.      

Some of you guys sound like you want to join in on burning down the government buildings.

Post pics and vids if you do please

COC 4 Posting comments or links in support of illegal activities including, but not limited to, threats against the life of any person, doing harm to a state or federal official, or advocating the overthrow of the government.

~MIAMI_JBT
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 4:59:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DDDDCheapAF] [#4]
Originally Posted By Ironhandjohn:

Valhalla I am comiiiing!”

Duh-duh-du-du-duuuh

AAAAAAAAAAAHHH AAAH!!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DDDDCheapAF:
LA , Minneapolis, etc are so many miles away . These guys out here having all that fun . Its not fair . I wanna have some too ...”im gonna have me some fun, im gonna have me some fun , im gonna have me some fun ....” everybody should be able to join in the fun , right ?

Damn right, my mind constantly goes to "when is it our turn to go lawless on our oppressors".

We'll be viewed peer to peer, thus it will be a true battle to the death.

Oh well , it will be a good one . Im gunning for a seat at the table where the beer and the meat never stops coming .

Valhalla I am comiiiing!”

Duh-duh-du-du-duuuh

AAAAAAAAAAAHHH AAAH!!

Yea , ill be there . Eventually.
Great song by the way ...
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 4:59:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 4:59:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By whollyshite:
So no riots tonight?
View Quote

The GreasyEasy Forecast is currently sitting at:

10% and downward trending.

Link Posted: 5/29/2020 5:00:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Lawmonkey:

It will also result in businesses and landlords not coming back.

That place will remain a shell of a city for years to come after this.
View Quote

If they had burned my business,  and I wasn't stuck in a land lease. I would go atleast 30 miles away to start over.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 5:00:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By cmca:

What difference does it make? They could be toys for what they are using them for.

Don't want any "good" weapons getting lost and stolen.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cmca:

What difference does it make? They could be toys for what they are using them for.

Don't want any "good" weapons getting lost and stolen.

Nice "clubs"
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 5:00:48 PM EDT
[#10]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By whollyshite:
So no riots tonight?

That don’t sound like fun .
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 5:01:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 5:01:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: discworld717] [#12]
Originally Posted By Him:
If it is spread spectrum, that's harder to jam.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/29/2020 5:01:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By peecmkr45:
Minneapolis Mayor imposes 8pm curfew.

Let's see how many people let the Govn. tell them when they can be outside their homes.......
View Quote

It seems like he shouldn't issue an order that he knows will be ignored.

Unless pissing off the proles to foment further chaos is his goal.

Why scream orders at the tide? His ship is already on the rocks.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 5:01:55 PM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

No shit, back to fucking Netflix
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 5:02:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By KonamiCode:

Ask Dan Rather.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By KonamiCode:

What do you mean by protected frequency? How do you protect that?

Ask Dan Rather.

Courage.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 5:03:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By DonS:
They had a male dominated system where men only hunted and raided, and the women did all the work. WTF were we thinking ending that?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DonS:
They had a male dominated system where men only hunted and raided, and the women did all the work. WTF were we thinking ending that?

There's a newspaper clipping with an old Indian dude and the following text...

Indian Chief ‘Two Eagles’ was asked by a white U.S. government official, “you have observed the white man for 90 years.  You’ve seen his wars and his technological advances.  You’ve seen his progress, and the damage he’s done.”

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued, “Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?”

The Chief stared at the government official then replied, “When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water.  Women did all the work.  Medicine man free.  Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex.”

Then the chief leaned back and smiled, “Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.”
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 5:03:21 PM EDT
[#17]
What good will a curfew do now, to quote the hildibeast, "what difference does it make now"

There are laws that state rioting, looting, arson, assault, rape and murder are all illegal, yet here are thousands of people, and I use that word lightly, doing just those acts and most on video. Only one thing will stop them, equal or greater force.  I wont go farther than that, but at this point what else is left to do.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 5:04:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By CJan_NH:

View Quote

Because everyone out after 8PM is subject to stop and search.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 5:04:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By 1shott:
What good will a curfew do now, to quote the hildibeast, "what difference does it make now"

There are laws that state rioting, looting, arson, assault, rape and murder are all illegal, yet here are thousands of people, and I use that word lightly, doing just those acts and most on video. Only one thing will stop them, equal or greater force.  I wont go farther than that, but at this point what else is left to do.
View Quote

As stated earlier, they are going to be able to have spelling contests.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 5:04:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By discworld717:

I think that the separation of cultures had a lot to do with that. Civilizations along trade routes share technological developments. So if someone has an idea in location A the end results are felt in N, far enough away to make further investigation of the technique worthwhile. Additionally, empires like the Romans and Persians force a sort of technical homogeneity. Everyone gets pulled up all at once by the conquering culture.
View Quote
To smelt and work metal takes a hell of a lot of energy. (high temperatures)

Link Posted: 5/29/2020 5:05:00 PM EDT
[#21]

I am a big fan of central heat & air conditioning, and eyeglasses. My blind ass would probably have followed the stupid buffalo over the cliff, unless my fellow hunters could have come up with a sign like this.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/WearyBlindCapybara-max-1mb.gif
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/29/2020 5:06:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By USAFtacFANAC:

I might catch some shit for saying this. That is clearly a good thing. The other side is that it enables the fucks to keep going at it since there is always some politician or schmuck to clean up after them.
View All Quotes

Ya I was torn about it too.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 5:06:30 PM EDT
[#23]

Bullshit, not even close to the same thing.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 5:06:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Not sure if this has been posted here yet. Rioters broke into the Ohio statehouse last night.

https://www.facebook.com/522652384563753/posts/1646865308809116/?vh=e&d=n
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 5:06:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: disparcher91] [#25]
I was a smudge off by the fact that repayment was turned down.  However it was not even close to what we see today.  I posted a pic pages before from Benghazi.  Mn looks like Benghazi.

https://www.bostonteapartyship.com/the-destruction-of-the-tea

Nothing was stolen or looted from the ships, not even the tea. One participant tried to steal some tea but was reprimanded and stopped. The Sons of Liberty were very careful about how the action was carried out and made sure nothing besides the tea was damaged. After the destruction of the tea, the participants swept the decks of the ships clean and anything that was moved was put back in its proper place. The crews of the ships attested to the fact there had been no damage to any of the ships except for the destruction of their cargoes of tea. :
View Quote

The tea was owned by the British East India Trading Company, so it was basically government tea.

https://www.bostonteapartyship.com/tea-blog/benjamin-franklins-views-on-the-boston-tea-party

LONDON, Feb. 2, 1774

Gentlemen: I received the Honour of your Letter dated Decr. 21, containing a distinct Account of the Proceedings at Boston relative to the Tea imported there, and of the Circumstances that occasioned its Destruction. I communicated the same to Lord Dartmouth, with some other Advices of the same import. It is yet unknown what Measures will be taken here on the Occasion; but the Clamour against the Proceedings is high and general. I am truly concern’d, as I believe all considerate Men are with you, that there should seem to any a Necessity for carrying Matters to such Extremity, as, in a Dispute about Publick Rights, to destroy private Property; This (notwithstanding the Blame justly due to those who obstructed the Return of the Tea) it is impossible to justify with People so prejudiced in favour of the Power of Parliament to tax America, as most are in this Country.

As the India Company however are not our Adversaries, and the offensive Measure of sending their Teas did not take its Rise with them, but was an Expedient of the Ministry to serve them and yet avoid a Repeal of the old Act, I cannot but wish & hope that before any compulsive Measures are thought of here, our General court will have shewn a Disposition to repair the Damage and make Compensation to the Company. This all our Friends here wish with me; and that if War is finally to be made upon us, which some threaten, an Act or violent injustice on our part, unrectified, may not give a colourable Pretence for it. A speedy Reparation will immediately set us right in the Opinion of all Europe. And tho’ the Mischief was the Act of Persons unknown, yet as probably they cannot be found or brought to answer for it, there seems to be some reasonable Claim on the Society at large in which it happened. Making voluntarily such Reparation can be no Dishonour to us or Prejudice to our Claim or Rights, since Parliament here has frequently considered in the same Light similar Cases; and only a few Years since, when a valuable Saw-mill, which had been destroyed by a Number of Persons supposed to be Sawyers, but unknown, a Grant was made out of the Publick Treasury of Two Thousand Pounds to the Owner as a Compensation—I hope in thus freely (and perhaps too forwardly) expressing my Sentiments & Wishes, I shall not give Offence to any. I am sure I mean well; being over with sincere Affection to my native Country, and great Respect to the Assembly and yourselves,

Gentlemen, Your most obedient and most humble Servant

B. FRANKLIN,
View Quote

They were Classy As Fudge

@bradpierson26
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 5:07:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BillofRights] [#26]

What an idiot!

My ancestors were raiders and warriors, stealing horses, crops, weapons, women & children, and land from everyone we came in contact with. It didn’t matter; smaller tribes or white people, everyone was fair game to us.

The Ojibway ran us out of Minnesota so we went west, and when we got horses we invaded the northern Plains, taking what we wanted while assimilating or eliminating smaller tribes & settlements, like The Borg in braids & buckskins.
View Quote

The Ojibway musta been a bad ass tribe.    Haven’t heard anything about them. - Nevermind. Also known as Chippewa, which I know about.   Evidently, they early-adopted the white man’s guns and gained a technological edge.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 5:07:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By BMSMB:
i
It's not
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BMSMB:
i
Originally Posted By SurfAnimal:

I just got in from work. This ones hot. Black tobacco shop owner just fired a few rounds...

I'm not sure if its live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUU90XQajP8

It's not

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 5:08:31 PM EDT
[#28]

That was from yesterday.  

It came over the scanner as well, brothers called to say they fired shots.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SurfAnimal:

I just got in from work. This ones hot. Black tobacco shop owner just fired a few rounds...

I'm not sure if its live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUU90XQajP8

That was from yesterday.  

It came over the scanner as well, brothers called to say they fired shots.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 5:08:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Has anyone seen a interview with a business owner or corporation that has been looted/burnt?
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 5:09:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Curfew???

Link Posted: 5/29/2020 5:09:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By AlvinYork:

Well, if you'd played your hand the right way perhaps you'd have been an honored elder and protected by the rest of the tribe.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AlvinYork:
Originally Posted By discworld717:
Originally Posted By mike_nds:

Sometimes I think I'd prefer that lifestyle.

Hunt all day, have my wife make dinner, rawdawg her later that night...............

Flush toilets for the motherfucking win!

I am a big fan of central heat & air conditioning, and eyeglasses. My blind ass would probably have followed the stupid buffalo over the cliff, unless my fellow hunters could have come up with a sign like this.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/WearyBlindCapybara-max-1mb.gif

Well, if you'd played your hand the right way perhaps you'd have been an honored elder and protected by the rest of the tribe.

Right?
Just be thankful you're not an Eskimo elder?
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 5:09:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By FistPeso:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CJan_NH:

So that means it is ok to arrest the CNN guys?
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 5:09:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By mike_nds:

You'll never achieve poo nirvana until you've sat on a BWCA toilet in the beautiful northern woods.

http://www.beyondthetent.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/BWCA-Toilet.jpg
View Quote
I wouldn't shit in that thing for wondering what would crawl up my ass from inside it.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 5:10:37 PM EDT
[#34]
here we go again.

multiple screens in different cities

Link Posted: 5/29/2020 5:11:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 5:11:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 5:12:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By 13starsinax:
Has anyone seen a interview with a business owner or corporation that has been looted/burnt?
View Quote

Just one. Middle age black dude with a pretty nice looking bar. He was crying. It was sad
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 5:12:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 5:12:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Miami_JBT:
Back then, it was the Police that GD screams for. An era when LE wore button down shirts with ties and carried a six shot .38 with twelve rounds on a loop belt. They weren't "militarized" and carried slap jacks.  But hey, they could shoot people in the back since Tennessee v Garner didn't exist yet. They could force/beat confessions out of people with violence since Miranda v Arizona didn't exist yet.

This is actually one of the most restrained time periods in American LE History.

GD always has a hard on for this belief that the police of yesteryear were like Andy Griffin. Soft, kind, and gentle. Well, the honest truth is that LE back in the day shot people in the back for fleeing the scenes of crimes. Beat confessions out of folks. Gathered evidence through illegals means. etc...... The equipment that LE used back in the day was similar to that of the Military too.

Cap n' Ball Revolvers became cartridged ammunition. Rifles, Shotguns, and Submachine Guns. Batons instead of Sabers. But radios, armored vehicles, uniforms, etc....

American Law Enforcement Uniforms trace their paramilitary look to our Civil War. When agencies were being formed post war, surplus Union uniforms were used since they were cheap and commanded authority. As time went on, agencies were created by States and their Political Subdivisions to replace the militias that used to be called out to enforce law and order when the lowly city marshal or sheriff couldn't do it. During the start of the 20th Century, US Law Enforcement fully supplanted the local and state militias as a replacement due to the 1903 reorganization of the military structure and the massive call up of the National Guard during WWI. States and their Political Subdivisions needed uniformed and armed forces to quell riots, strikes, etc since the NG was called away to Europe and there was a massive issue of Labor Strikes and Socialist inspired riots. Not to mention the Race related issues too.

https://naminteresno.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/New_York_Metropolitan_Police_Uniforms_1871.jpg

New York City Police uniforms from 1871.

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/NSgAAOSwdJJbcMQj/s-l1600.jpg

Union Army Uniform during the Civil War.

https://i.4pcdn.org/pol/1555383820538.jpg

Florida Highway Patrol Uniform 1950s.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/5d/83/66/5d8366899eb8a6a579a3e99d35a3881b.jpg

Post WWII US Army Class B Uniform.

People really need to look into the Blazer Experiments done by a number of agencies in the 1960s and 1970s. They wanted to ditch the "militarized" look and adopt a more "civilian" look. Gone was the traditional Class B Patrol Uniform, Gun Belt,Badge, etc... they adopted a civilian dress attire.

Menlo Park Police (California) went with an embroidered patch on the left side of the jacket. The gun was kept concealed as were the cuffs.

https://99percentinvisible.org/app/uploads/2016/06/officer-croppy.jpg

https://putthison.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/tumblr_o8tdqzP6Ng1qa2j8co1_1280.jpg

https://99percentinvisible.org/app/uploads/2016/06/photoshoppeds-copy.jpg

https://99percentinvisible.org/app/uploads/2016/06/denny-roberts-blazer-leads.jpg

By 1977, the department had determined that the blazers did not command enough respect. Eighteen months into the blazer trial, officers discovered, assaults on police officers began to rise steadily, until they were double the amount of the year before. After switching back to more official-style police blues, the assault rates dropped again.

Burnsville Police (Minnesota) had their uniforms consisting of navy-blue blazers, blue trousers, and clearly written name tags. The cops sort of looked like flight attendants.

https://improvingpolice.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/pd-linnee.jpg

Same issue. Assaults on LEOs went up and the general public did not hold law enforcement in high regard or as someone with authority. Over 400 agencies across the US did the experiment and they all came to the same conclusion. the General Public will respect a paramilitary style uniform. So the accouterments that go with it are part of it. That includes ranks, uniform devices, cut, traditions, etc....

The kinder, gentler, softer police that GD craves was tried and it failed. The past was never a nicer era of police. It used to be far more aggressive and violent towards the general public. There is a reason SCOTUS cases like Tennessee v. Garner, Arizona v. Miranda, Berghuis v. Thompkins, Berkemer v. McCarty, Stansbury v. California, Schmerber v. California, and Escobedo v. Illinois exist.

Right now is the era in which the police are the kindest and nicest to the general public.

View Quote

"Back then, it was the Police that GD screams for. An era when LE wore button down shirts with ties and carried a six shot .38 with twelve rounds on a loop belt."

You almost described my uniform...

Back then....

Clip on ties, but no button downs, Colt or SW revolver, 6 rds in a pouch or two, slap jack [that I still have].

Shotgun on front seat, at times, often... A couple of times a Thompson...

Something else relating to TV show Mayberry re: my specifics, very important, but can't discuss...
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 5:13:38 PM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes

Haha, that shit will rot your brain .
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 5:13:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By TripleC:
here we go again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0a-1WeLDvh8
View Quote

Shit Houston is starting. Hope Dallas does not
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 5:14:03 PM EDT
[#43]

No your committed to rape, violence, theft, drugs, arson, and rape.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 4thbreak:

No your committed to rape, violence, theft, drugs, arson, and rape.
Anyone who uses the word "inequity" in a sentence is a cunt, 99.999% of the time.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 5:14:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 5:15:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By -daddy:

Oh shit.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By -daddy:
Originally Posted By RSG:

Oh shit.

OHHH SNAP!!
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 5:16:11 PM EDT
[#46]
5pm est and no protest crowds, but people cleaning up. Arrest made.

I'd say it's over.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 5:16:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By 1shott:

View Quote

Because now they really, really, really, really mean it this time.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 5:17:09 PM EDT
[#48]

Just one. Middle age black dude with a pretty nice looking bar. He was crying. It was sad
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 13starsinax:

Too bad a disgusting amount of posters voted "Burn baby burn" when asked if they find riots entertaining in that horrible thread that got locked.

Sure glad this man's livelihood could be destroyed so thugs can get free shit and and assholes can enjoy watching the suffering of others.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 5:17:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By trails-end:

Could Richmond PD have used those on Jan 20, 2020?
View Quote

I mean I was more of speaking about using cell jammers to block the signal so that they wouldn't have coms or access to internet while burning the city down.

Richmond had 2 choppers, and the FBI plane covering the entire area. We had one with the FLIR and surveillance camera ball fly low over the Diamond several times while I was there, which we assumed was documenting the people in line. Its kind of a normal reaction to look up and directly at it, so as far as imaging goes, they definitely got a ton of faces.

The FBI plane probably had the IMSI catchers as well as ones placed on the buildings in addition to the surveillance capability's. Not to mention the sheer number of guys on roofs that had cameras with telephoto lenses, that you would see come out when someone I guess stood out or looked extra scary to them.

With this kind of a riot, the best course of action is probably those sonic devices, and massive amounts of tear gas, water cannons, and something like blocking cell reception.

These kinds of people love cameras, they freely film themselves committing crimes, and want the attention. You deprive them of that and I suspect they would probably get bored and go home.

Maybe I'm wrong, I'm certainly no expert.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 5:17:53 PM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TripleC:
here we go again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0a-1WeLDvh8

It's Friday man!
Page / 5102
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top