Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MotorMouth:
Hawaii is tropical West Virginia.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BethanyHatch:
"Texas is Hawaii with oil and guns  a part of America that is apart from America. No other state wants to be more like no other state than Texas."

Basically sums up Texas

Is Texas the desert West Virginia?

And 3800
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 10:49:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 10:49:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By 30calTBLkid:

I don't understand. Maybe I'm too tired. Can I get some water for my friends and I? What was it you were saying again?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FCSD2162:

I can see that going over well. Dude refuses to blow, cop is talking to the hospital about a blood draw, drunk is in the back seat loping the mule, yelling "third option!"

Probably would lead to more cooperative arrestees if they were made aware of that option. But it'll be the luck of the draw if you get a male or female nurse. You pays your money, you takes your chances.

No matter. Enjoy your buzz, close your eyes and listen to Scarlett Johansson read you implied consent again.

See, I read the thread.

Ah, very good. I always had faith in you. Now please have a seat. The State of Georgia requires me to read you something...

I don't understand. Maybe I'm too tired. Can I get some water for my friends and I? What was it you were saying again?

LOOK, SIR! I reread it once. Now do you want to go get milked or blow into the machine?
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 10:49:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By JPN:

The water level at Three Gorges Dam is currently within a few feet of the max level.  One bunker buster would be more than enough to take out half (or more?) of China's manufacturing capacity and internal shipping capability.
View Quote

Rod from God
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 10:49:57 PM EDT
[#5]

Outside of the resort areas, Hawaii is rural and full of clannish folk that don't cotton to outsiders.

Even in town, the $750k houses have their washer and dryer out on the porch.  Zoning seems to be more of a suggestion.  It's a strange and wonderful place, much like West Virginia (except everything is expensive, beaches and the weather is awesome year round).
View Quote

It seems like a cool place to hunt pigs and axis deer, maybe I need to add that place to my bucket list.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 10:51:06 PM EDT
[#6]

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 10:52:04 PM EDT
[#7]
IN ON 3800

Link Posted: 12/19/2020 10:52:57 PM EDT
[#8]

Huh, learn something new everyday.

I wonder if they have bear?
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 10:52:57 PM EDT
[#9]

LOOK, SIR! I reread it once. Now do you want to go get milked or blow into the machine?
View All Quotes

I can see that going over well. Dude refuses to blow, cop is talking to the hospital about a blood draw, drunk is in the back seat loping the mule, yelling "third option!"

Probably would lead to more cooperative arrestees if they were made aware of that option. But it'll be the luck of the draw if you get a male or female nurse. You pays your money, you takes your chances.

No matter. Enjoy your buzz, close your eyes and listen to Scarlett Johansson read you implied consent again.

See, I read the thread.

Ah, very good. I always had faith in you. Now please have a seat. The State of Georgia requires me to read you something...

Listen here deputy, I ain't giving a machine or anyone else a blowjob.

I could go for one of those milkshakes.  Chocolate, if you don't mind.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 10:53:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cecenrse] [#10]

Link Posted: 12/19/2020 10:53:45 PM EDT
[#11]

Outside of the resort areas, Hawaii is rural and full of clannish folk that don't cotton to outsiders.

Even in town, the $750k houses have their washer and dryer out on the porch.  Zoning seems to be more of a suggestion.  It's a strange and wonderful place, much like West Virginia (except everything is expensive, beaches and the weather is awesome year round).
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By evo7011:

Hmmmm, I've never been to Hawaii but I know WV has far more freedoms and cheaper land.

A guy, who spent some time there when he was in the Navy, said it wasn't so expensive if you had a fishing pole and a couch.  Put the couch on the beach, cast your line out into the water with just a sinker on it, and you've got yourself a 'rent free' efficiency apartment.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 10:54:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By hiyaboa:

Is Texas the desert West Virginia?

And 3800
View Quote

Now you've done it, the Texans will not be happy to being compared to lowly West Virginia.

But no, TX isn't the desert version of WV. Best that I can tell, TX has maximum freedom, relatively low taxes, excellent food, and a shitload of wildlife available to hunt on large ranches.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 10:55:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By inkaybee:

Rod from God
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By inkaybee:
Originally Posted By JPN:

The water level at Three Gorges Dam is currently within a few feet of the max level.  One bunker buster would be more than enough to take out half (or more?) of China's manufacturing capacity and internal shipping capability.

Rod from God

You don't want to vaporize too much of the water.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 10:55:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Doodles:

View Quote

No, pigs and deer but that's about it. IIRC, all the wildlife there is non-native.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 10:56:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 10:56:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Billy Squier - Lonely Is The Night - 11/20/1981 - Santa Monica Civic Auditorium (Official)
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 10:59:24 PM EDT
[#17]

It seems like a cool place to hunt pigs and axis deer, maybe I need to add that place to my bucket list.
View All Quotes

It really is a beautiful place.

I don't know what it takes to get a hunting license there as I've never looked into it.  I spent most of my time there snorkeling, hiking, and eating food.

It is wildly expensive though.  The only reason that I've found it to be within reach is that I stay with family.  Roundtrip flights from Ohio vary from $800 to $2400 depending on the time of year.  I almost went back this past March when the RT tickets were $450, but I was sure that I'd have to be back at work once the two week pandemic lock down was up.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 11:00:33 PM EDT
[#18]

View All Quotes

Never seen bear on the islands, but I have had elk burgers there.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 11:01:30 PM EDT
[#19]

View Quote

Pro tip: seriously though, if any of you get stopped for suspicion of DUI in Georgia, refuse everything; and don't say shit. I've seen the ALS hearing go either way depending on the administrative judge. A good DUI attorney helps at the suspension hearing, too. By submitting to SFSTs and chemical tests, you're incriminating yourself. I don't condone DUI, in fact I despise it.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 11:03:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 11:04:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By BillyDBerger:

I miss when I lived in Maine.  We didn't want to be like anywhere else and wanted everyone not from there to go away.
View Quote

That's Montana.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 11:05:19 PM EDT
[#22]

I miss when I lived in Maine.  We didn't want to be like anywhere else and wanted everyone not from there to go away.
View All Quotes
"Texas is Hawaii with oil and guns  a part of America that is apart from America. No other state wants to be more like no other state than Texas."

Basically sums up Texas

That about sums it up.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 11:05:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 11:05:41 PM EDT
[#24]

Hell yeah. Happy riots for a change.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stoner01:
Buffalo just got AFC east. First time since 95. There my be riots just because of this. And especially if we keep on going.

Hell yeah. Happy riots for a change.

Link Posted: 12/19/2020 11:05:56 PM EDT
[#25]
“Watch it Abe. I seen him do some things”
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 11:06:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 11:06:33 PM EDT
[#27]

I don't know what it takes to get a hunting license there as I've never looked into it.  I spent most of my time there snorkeling, hiking, and eating food.

It is wildly expensive though.  The only reason that I've found it to be within reach is that I stay with family.  Roundtrip flights from Ohio vary from $800 to $2400 depending on the time of year.  I almost went back this past March when the RT tickets were $450, but I was sure that I'd have to be back at work once the two week pandemic lock down was up.
View Quote

Yea I've looked into it when I was married, and couldn't justify the cost, which was basically double for what I would have paid in Florida.

Single Evo can easily do it, not sure I want to though. I'd rather just fly and wonder around Japan or Bolivia for 10-14 days.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 11:09:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By zach_:

Too fuckin colddddddd.
View Quote

In Buffalo,  no. It's perfect riot weather.  Snow won't let it ALL burn
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 11:10:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 11:12:09 PM EDT
[#30]
January 6 is going to be interesting.

Link Posted: 12/19/2020 11:12:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Man, where's all the good riots these days!
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 11:14:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 11:16:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 11:16:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By airmandaniel:
Man, where's all the good riots these days!
View Quote

Probably on vacation, gearing up, and standing by for orders from their democratic overlords. January 20th is going to be a wild night.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 11:17:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 11:17:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Yay 3800!
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 11:21:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 11:21:21 PM EDT
[#39]

Yea I've looked into it when I was married, and couldn't justify the cost, which was basically double for what I would have paid in Florida.

Single Evo can easily do it, not sure I want to though. I'd rather just fly and wonder around Japan or Bolivia for 10-14 days.
View All Quotes

If you like beaches, oceans, forests, mountains, hiking, camping, fishing, boating, swimming, good food (heavy on seafood and Asian influences), you need to do Hawaii.

I've only ever been to Maui, and it really is fantastic.  I could never live there though; Too tiny, and I'd get island fever very quickly.

If you ever do decide to go, IM me and I'll give you some pointers.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 11:24:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 11:25:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Cecenrse:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/georgia-gov-kemp-attends-white-house-christmas-party-despite-trump-attacks/ar-BB1c4fH6

While grabbing that link for you, I found this.  It's hilarious to me for some reason.  I see it as Cruella da Trump and his attack dog sidekick, though I'm sure that's not how the creator intended it.  I tend to always try to find something good in everything though.

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theboredavocado.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2020%2F08%2Ftrump-pence-halloween.png&f=1&nofb=1
View Quote

I find that disrespectful to the office.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 11:25:36 PM EDT
[#42]

What? Sorry, I gave at the office. Can I bum a cigarette? What were you asking again?
View Quote

Here's your smoke. I finally know 30cal's essence.

I despise it as well but that's the advice I've heard for nearly every state. Deny them your essence.
View Quote

Whoops. Too late, homie.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 11:27:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MitchbSC] [#43]
Originally Posted By Mariner82:
Now tell us about traffic FROM Germany.  Data, even election data, sent TO Germany is less of a concern, but still worth investigating.  Also gets me thinking  about where did the data go after it got to Frankfurt?  Who received it in Frankfurt and any other place it went and what did they do with it?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mariner82:
Originally Posted By Cecenrse:

Now tell us about traffic FROM Germany.  Data, even election data, sent TO Germany is less of a concern, but still worth investigating.  Also gets me thinking  about where did the data go after it got to Frankfurt?  Who received it in Frankfurt and any other place it went and what did they do with it?

The TB of data landed in Germany and some-not-all was run through sampling algorithms or a few math-n-stat models.  Trump was winning massively, but they only had to steal about a dozen counties in the US running Dominion voting steal boxes in swing states that can mess with the 270 electors goal.  The data coming back from Germany only needs to be in the KB or MB to set those machines to steal in those dozen counties.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 11:27:27 PM EDT
[#44]

If you like beaches, oceans, forests, mountains, hiking, camping, fishing, boating, swimming, good food (heavy on seafood and Asian influences), you need to do Hawaii.

I've only ever been to Maui, and it really is fantastic.  I could never live there though; Too tiny, and I'd get island fever very quickly.

If you ever do decide to go, IM me and I'll give you some pointers.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/19/2020 11:28:02 PM EDT
[#45]
So we did a chilli cook-off today. Met some great neighbors.  

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 11:28:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Protect, serve, and deliver:

Link Posted: 12/19/2020 11:28:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 11:28:43 PM EDT
[#48]

Hush up Lebe. Hand them pistols over nice and easy
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dbmers:
“Watch it Abe. I seen him do some things”

Hush up Lebe. Hand them pistols over nice and easy

Bout time someone got it. Smh
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 11:29:38 PM EDT
[#49]

Basically sums up Texas
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 11:30:05 PM EDT
[#50]

I despise it as well but that's the advice I've heard for nearly every state. Deny them your essence.
View All Quotes

Pro tip: seriously though, if any of you get stopped for suspicion of DUI in Georgia, refuse everything; and don't say shit. I've seen the ALS hearing go either way depending on the administrative judge. A good DUI attorney helps at the suspension hearing, too. By submitting to SFSTs and chemical tests, you're incriminating yourself. I don't condone DUI, in fact I despise it.

The ALS business is not a joke in every state.  

In Ohio for instance, you will get a one year suspension unless you get lucky and the LEO that nabbed you screws up the ridiculously easy paper work.

Implied consent is bullshit, and DUI is blown way out of proportion.  

Drink and drive, I don't care.  Injure or kill someone, then throw the book at them.
Page / 5115
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top