Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5112
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 6:28:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By chicken_rider:

my PD is hiring. We lost a guy who got a domestic over a stimulus check. i wonder if its the same guy that shot a white guy in the back. Mostly car wrecks and shoot wounded deer tho
View Quote

LOL. Kind of the same around here. Go from a shots fired call to cows in the road. Ah, gotta love semi-rural policing.

Originally Posted By stoner01:

I managed to do it. Ten years in and I went to a whole other career field. This move not withstanding, the new chapters are pretty easy to flesh out.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/20/2021 6:29:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Anyone else listening to this fruitcake on AusinZone?
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 6:29:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By FCSD2162:

Much obliged. I'll definitely check that out. I have already been spending a ton of time on USAJobs and have a few apps out there. Recently got done filling out my SF86. I said it before and I'll say it again: fuck that thing. I'd rather be Chauvin's cell mate than go through that again. Seriously, thanks for the heads up.

Thank you, but it would take me a good two hours hauling ass to get to Hall County. Need to stick around here for my kid.

Well said. I had to tell them I was done FTOing people for free. I couldn't put up with that shit anymore.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Turboguy:

Usajobs.gov

Search for 2101.

There will be hundreds of openings in the next year and all of which START at $80k/year and you still get a 10% raise for the first two years, ~5% every year thereafter. ETA: The upward mobility in the FAA is incredible to behold. Also, if you have done the NHTSA accident investigation school, and have some airplane experience or better yet an A&P, search for 1825 aviation safety inspector.

Start looking and don't give up. Take it from someone who used to be a Minneapolis Police officer himself. It is really nice not to have to deal with the shit you do now.

Stay safe.

Much obliged. I'll definitely check that out. I have already been spending a ton of time on USAJobs and have a few apps out there. Recently got done filling out my SF86. I said it before and I'll say it again: fuck that thing. I'd rather be Chauvin's cell mate than go through that again. Seriously, thanks for the heads up.

Originally Posted By Freakinout:

I can probably get you a lower paying gig if you're near Hall county

Thank you, but it would take me a good two hours hauling ass to get to Hall County. Need to stick around here for my kid.

Originally Posted By bubba497h2:

I'm so glad I retired this past November. We were the dying breed. All the good ones are gone. The new officers I worked with were either ass kissers, fucking lazy, or scared of their own shadow. Glad I'm out.

Well said. I had to tell them I was done FTOing people for free. I couldn't put up with that shit anymore.

Offer is always there are we're hiring but entry level jobs suck for those who are professionals.  Just got a guy I think a lot of promoted to management.  He's former Navy and Hall county deputy.  Good guy makes knives
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 6:30:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Are they doing a war dance?
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 6:30:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By hiyaboa:
Clown world
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/20/2021 6:31:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 6:31:58 PM EDT
[#7]
They are attacking an a Big Rig

Video
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 6:32:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By cody22:

Hang in there.........It is a sad day for most of us here on the thread. I really thought it would be a hung jury. I sure was wrong.............
View Quote

Definitely.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 6:33:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Socio:

Video
View Quote
I hope there is no Reginal Denney
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 6:33:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
Quick update about my mother.

She had a visit with the doctor before her 3rd chemo session today.  They told her they did a test on the cancer they found and it is now found to be not Metastatic.  This is very good news and increases the chances of her being cured.  He also said that the chemo had an 85% chance of working against the cancer.

This is a long way from where we were in February.  They thought it might be metastasizing, and that the percentage of chance to work against it was 40% and up to 70%

Not letting our guard down, but certainly celebrating even a small victory.  Thank you all for the prayers and well wishes, it is working.  
View Quote

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Keep your guard up.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 6:34:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 6:36:29 PM EDT
[#12]
No way the Commies dont riot tonight.

Link Posted: 4/20/2021 6:36:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Freakinout:

Offer is always there are we're hiring but entry level jobs suck for those who are professionals.  Just got a guy I think a lot of promoted to management.  He's former Navy and Hall county deputy.  Good guy makes knives
View Quote

Originally Posted By elcope:
FCSD

A bit of a tip regarding USAJobs, copy and paste the KSA's from the job listing, change the verbs to past tense and paste them into any resume' or application process as skills you posess even if it's a stretch.

Word search scanners do the initial screening and look for those.

<<( been on a Fed hiring board a few times)
View Quote

Thanks y'all! Much appreciated.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 6:38:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
Are they doing a war dance?
View Quote

My wife is a card carrying Chickasaw Indian (42,000 worldwide) and whiter looking than me. She laughs her little butt off every time she sees costumed  Indian dancers at a protest....Crazy old world out there nowadays.........
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 6:39:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 6:40:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Socalmopar] [#16]
Originally Posted By Scoobysmak:

Your avatar changed....is that hope your on the next ride off this rock since we obviously lost all sense of humanity here....
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Socalmopar:

I'll high five that

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/temp-97.gif

Your avatar changed....is that hope your on the next ride off this rock since we obviously lost all sense of humanity here....

DUDE! You absolutely fukcin nailed it! YES! Though considering a return to Greasy's modified for riot season... when/if we get a house and I  unearth the jpg...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 6:42:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By michigan66:
Stuff like this--cops running after shooters--will come to a screeching halt in urban America.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2vCkVpjs5o

View Quote

As I watched the bodycam video of the cop chasing the Toledo kid in Chicago, I kept saying to myself "Why is he running after that kid? He's just asking for trouble."
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 6:42:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Scoobysmak] [#18]
FCSD

A bit of a tip regarding USAJobs, copy and paste the KSA's from the job listing, change the verbs to past tense and paste them into any resume' or application process as skills you posess even if it's a stretch.

View Quote

I know a few people that have cut and pasted the job description on the last page of the resume in USA jobs, then turned the print white to match the page.  All people see is a blank page but yet catches every word they use to screen the job application.

2nd note....leave no KSA blank...depending on the job something as simple as seen this done on a video before might pass.  Not saying totally lie but leaving it blank can get it tossed out.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 6:42:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Just wipe these motherfuckers out already.  There is no "peace" with them.  They only understand rage. So...it's time to show them what real rage, and what real violence looks like.  Fuck these half measures.  It's time to end this, once and for all.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 6:43:11 PM EDT
[#20]

My wife is a card carrying Chickasaw Indian (42,000 worldwide) and whiter looking than me. She laughs her little butt off every time she sees costumed  Indian dancers at a protest....Crazy old world out there nowadays.........
View Quote
I have no idea why there were Indians
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 6:44:28 PM EDT
[#21]
What the fuck is AOC talking about?
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 6:47:53 PM EDT
[#22]
What the fuck is AOC talking about?
View Quote

Same as usual who the fuck knowz
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 6:49:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Socio:

Video
View Quote

Don't. Be. Reginald. Denny.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 6:50:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By ErikOR:
As I watched the bodycam video of the cop chasing the Toledo kid in Chicago, I kept saying to myself "Why is he running after that kid? He's just asking for trouble."
View Quote

I'll bet he knows that now, and more importantly, so do his peers.  Look for Chicago to hit at least 850 murders this year.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 6:51:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
Quick update about my mother.
Not letting our guard down, but certainly celebrating even a small victory.  Thank you all for the prayers and well wishes, it is working.  
View Quote

That is great news my friend.  Definitely enjoy a small victory over the cancer bastard!!!!
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 6:54:13 PM EDT
[#26]
RUMOR - Columbus, Ohio cop just shot and killed a 15 year old black girl who was attacking another girl with a knife....................
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 6:56:25 PM EDT
[#27]
RUMOR - Columbus, Ohio cop just shot and killed a 15 year old black girl who was attacking another girl with a knife....................
View Quote

Poor bastard.  You couldn’t pay me enough to do that job
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 6:56:58 PM EDT
[#28]
View Quote
I thought she was in serious condition at the hospital. Could be something different.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 6:58:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 6:59:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 6:59:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By hiyaboa:

Poor bastard.  You couldn’t pay me enough to do that job
View Quote

Yep, he’ll be found guilty for sure.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 7:00:16 PM EDT
[#32]

I know a few people that have cut and pasted the job description on the last page of the resume in USA jobs, then turned the print white to match the page.  All people see is a blank page but yet catches every word they use to screen the job application.

2nd note....leave no KSA blank...depending on the job something as simple as seen this done on a video before might pass.  Not saying totally lie but leaving it blank can get it tossed out.
View All Quotes
FCSD

Since I'm looking, I'll keep this in mind as well. Trying to get in on the supply side at the local VA hospital, but the application closed the 6th. So far so good.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 7:01:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By 30calTBLkid:

That aged like mayonnaise on French fries
View Quote

Hope is now dead, along with a lot of other things. Thats what you smell, not the mayo.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 7:01:57 PM EDT
[#34]
I hope there is no Reginal Denney
View Quote
If that driver sits there until the unhook the glad-hands...he ain't going anywhere. At least he'll have to pull that trailer with the brakes locked up.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 7:03:16 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

Check out the railroads such as BNSF. They have their own PD.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 7:04:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By SDVtech:

Check out the railroads such as BNSF. They have their own PD.
View Quote

BNSF isn't in Georgia much. Norfolk Southern and CSX are. they both have agents. I almost got on with UP but lost out in the final round to a guy with more time in. Wyoming doesn't recognize them otherwise I'd love to do that out here.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 7:05:37 PM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

Yeah....I knew it deep down inside but we past the entry to "clown world" back in Nov.  I just wanted to pretend it was a dream....I wasn't dreaming...
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 7:06:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By pcsutton:
If that driver sits there until the unhook the glad-hands...he ain't going anywhere. At least he'll have to pull that trailer with the brakes locked up.
View Quote

Where is the live stream on this one?
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 7:07:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 7:09:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By AZNetEng:
I gotta log off... For a bit anyway.

Take care guys. Be safe and take no chances.
View Quote

Adios amigo, I hope to see you again, I’d really miss the cooking.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 7:11:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Scoobysmak] [#41]
What is the Hoe (the VP) talking about by a goerge floyd bill that she hopes the senate will pass?

Just noticed she was on.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 7:12:20 PM EDT
[#42]

Been working on it. For the longest time, I tried to maintain the position that I couldn't leave, because us "good" ones are a dying breed. I thought I wouldn't let the current climate affect me. I thought if I leave, they'd just fill my spot with some assclown. But within the past few months, my thoughts changed to "fuck it, I'm out!" It's not worth it anymore. My how times have changed. Oh well.
View Quote

And that’s just it, it’s not the same job you signed on to do.

Sorry for the misfortune.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 7:12:44 PM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JPN:

Won't happen.

If it's a quick Not Guilty, there will be some noise about there being a verdict, but they will hold off for a day or so before announcing the verdict, to allow time to ask for more cops and national guard to be brought in.

Yeah that time line has come and gone.  I personally don't think involuntary manslaughter is even appropriate but do believe when it was obvious GF stopped moving he should have stopped.  Guy was a dick but to overcharge him isn't right either.  I predict a hung jury or maybe the manslaughter charge sticks.  If they to get him for any murder charge then any law written no longer matters is the message I get out of that.

I agree with the dick but not guilty part.

I also think the rule of law, or at least law being applied fairly, is dead. It has nothing to do with income, race, or even social status, and everything to do with ideology and "social credit".

What I think will most likely should happen, is the case as presented will get a not guilty verdict, Chauvin to be reinstated as a cop, back pay, immediate retirement with a pension and a lawsuit against the city.

What actually happens may be different, and if so, it means to me that the jury decided that instead of doing their job, they decided instead to set justice aside and punish him for being a dick.

Link Posted: 4/20/2021 7:15:05 PM EDT
[#44]

BNSF isn't in Georgia much. Norfolk Southern and CSX are. they both have agents. I almost got on with UP but lost out in the final round to a guy with more time in. Wyoming doesn't recognize them otherwise I'd love to do that out here.
View Quote

I'm glad you knew cuz I didn't know which rr's were in GA.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 7:16:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By GS_mk2:

And that’s just it, it’s not the same job you signed on to do.

Sorry for the misfortune.
View Quote

Kudos for hoping for the best.  I don't blame anyone for walking away.  You just can't win anymore.  You're wrong if you do something.  You're wrong if you don't do anything.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 7:17:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By SDVtech:

I'm glad you knew cuz I didn't know which rr's were in GA.
View Quote

I may or may not like trains and such............
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 7:18:09 PM EDT
[#47]
All police departments hiring now! Step right up!!!!
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 7:19:20 PM EDT
[#48]
What unconstitutional policing is Biden talking about?
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 7:19:38 PM EDT
[#49]

I may or may not like trains and such............
View Quote

We know you like motorboats.  
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 7:23:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Biden really tried to increase the divide in America.
Page / 5112
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top