User Panel

Page / 5112
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 5:55:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By zach_:

How do I get a lifetime permit?
View Quote

It was an expensive option when I got mine.  I am in TN and needless to say after July 1st I won’t need it here..... It was a toss up of pay the state 100 every 8 years or fork out the 400 for the lifetime for most.  I got the military discount on that and it cost me around 280 I think.  If I made it 24 more years it will have paid for itself plus the hassle of the renewal.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 6:32:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: zach_] [#2]
Originally Posted By Scoobysmak:

It was an expensive option when I got mine.  I am in TN and needless to say after July 1st I won’t need it here..... It was a toss up of pay the state 100 every 8 years or fork out the 400 for the lifetime for most.  I got the military discount on that and it cost me around 280 I think.  If I made it 24 more years it will have paid for itself plus the hassle of the renewal.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

After July 1, will your TN lifetime permit still be valid?

ETA; I am finding conflicting info about LTC in TX. Some say it will go away, others say it will still exist, and have the same advantages for purchase of guns, and CC reciprocity.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 7:11:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 7:24:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By DarkStar:

LOL

https://blacklivesmatter.com/blm-demands/

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/734252874770677790/839633676781486121/20fb8d17f9ff68eb.png

https://media.patriots.win/post/Okh1sB3g.jpeg

View Quote
Demand in one hand, shit in the other and see which fills up first.

Link Posted: 5/6/2021 8:20:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 8:21:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By stoner01:

Treason? Yeah, close enough
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stoner01:
Originally Posted By RSG:

https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/1389355426261655555/h7TZCuxc?format=jpg&name=small

Treason? Yeah, close enough

It's treason.

I would have been hung outside the corporate lamp post if I sent any classified info to our enemies.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 8:36:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#7]
Dbl tap.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 8:38:21 AM EDT
[#8]

Lol, you can taste their fear of Trump, and most of America that supported him.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 8:40:58 AM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 5/6/2021 8:48:09 AM EDT
[#10]

Dipshits.  These rights are already codified in the Wakandan National Constitution.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 9:00:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 9:03:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: hiyaboa] [#12]
Originally Posted By 30calTBLkid:

Meanwhile, Trump starts his own version of twitter.
View All Quotes

It’s seems like blog, which is kind of disappointing but we all know that if he allowed 2-way communication it would turn into a shit show.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 9:27:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Just get the jab and we'll give you your freedoms back.  How about no.

Link Posted: 5/6/2021 9:34:09 AM EDT
[#14]

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/733503815948435488/839851294096490516/Screenshot_2021-05-06_08.07.39.png

View Quote

Almost like they want to segregate a certain portion of the populace because of a belief ........
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 9:45:56 AM EDT
[#15]

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/733503815948435488/839851294096490516/Screenshot_2021-05-06_08.07.39.png

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/6/2021 9:51:01 AM EDT
[#16]
"Another customer in the store watches & calmly walks away"  

That's the most disturbing part of this video

View Quote

Yeah, but Baltimore
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 9:54:41 AM EDT
[#17]

Angry soy boys tweet:

Link Posted: 5/6/2021 9:59:35 AM EDT
[#18]
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1389333419159658505.html

Let's talk about January 6th. A few weeks ago I was given information, I would not even discuss it unless I could corroborate it. I have now received corroboration from three different people in two different agencies. I won't name the people or the agencies.

Violence had been planned for weeks prior to the election, violence to occupy the White House and the surrounding area to demand president Trump leave after he was re-elected. These plans were well known and were prepared for well in advance.
View Quote

What information did my three contacts pass on?
First, it was the speaker who was directing all activities for the insurrection both before and afterwards

Second, they had the help and the knowledge of the vice president, Pence. He was aware of their plans prior to the election
And helped all along. He is being promoted for president as his reward.
Speaker tried for a massacre, ordering heavy weapons, opening up the capital for attack, waiting for the violence to kick off. They were hoping that during an "occupation" when it got dark
View Quote

Much more at link.

Link Posted: 5/6/2021 10:02:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By FCSD2162:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/vladimir-putin-laughing_zpsov82lsef_GIF-129.gif

That's some funny shit. I'm going to bed. I hate you all. Except that one that posts shit from Afghanistan. He's cool.
View Quote

What did I do?
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 10:08:11 AM EDT
[#20]

Link Posted: 5/6/2021 10:08:39 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 10:13:38 AM EDT
[#22]

OK, so Abbott said he would sign this. Done deal!
OK, now my LTC will not be necessary.
How do I carry in another state after my Texas LTC expires?
Can I now only carry in Texas?
Do I need to get a CCW, LTC, or whatever applies from states with "reciprocity" in place? Oklahoma requires residency to get a CCW.

Good Morning Riot Squad
View Quote

The LTC will be kept, but you won't need it to carry a handgun. It still has to go back to the house since they added some amendments though.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 10:21:35 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 10:22:36 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 10:23:45 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 10:26:03 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 10:34:41 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By BillyDBerger:

What did I do?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BillyDBerger:

That's some funny shit. I'm going to bed. I hate you all. Except that one that posts shit from Afghanistan. He's cool.

What did I do?

LOL! Nothing. That's just my way of showing my affinity towards you people.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 10:35:48 AM EDT
[#28]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E0qmgESVIAAWxLf?format=png&name=small
View Quote
Kids will remove the mask anyway.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 10:42:37 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 10:43:32 AM EDT
[#30]

We are all the color we are by an accident of birth. Why can't everyone just be proud of who they are, rather than denigrating everyone else? Sheer self loathing is pervasive.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 10:51:46 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Cecenrse:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/406377/IMG_20210506_102736_740-1931805.jpg

We are all the color we are by an accident of birth. Why can't everyone just be proud of who they are, rather than denigrating everyone else? Sheer self loathing is pervasive.[/qu

te]Totally not a hate group
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 10:54:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: blueinterceptor] [#32]
Deleted
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 11:00:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Doodles] [#33]
Originally Posted By blueinterceptor:
Deleted
View Quote

I had the exact same thought.

"He's the smartest guy I know" FJB
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 11:06:52 AM EDT
[#34]

Link Posted: 5/6/2021 11:12:27 AM EDT
[#35]

I said this months ago, but if you can afford it stock up on paper goods, home repair items, cooking (aluminum Foil, etc.) and canning supplies and long storing food items. Just a reminder as prices begin to soar.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 11:23:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Thunder900] [#36]
Originally Posted By Cecenrse:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/406377/IMG_20210506_110107_678-1931861.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/406377/IMG_20210506_110101_595-1931862.jpg

I said this months ago, but if you can afford it stock up on paper goods, home repair items, cooking (aluminum Foil, etc.) and canning supplies and long storing food items. Just a reminder as prices begin to soar.
View Quote

Given political instabilities in the Middle East,  and the revocation of drilling permits here in the US, I expect not only $5+/gallon gas by end of the summer, but also shortages and gasoline rationing. To those who are "Essential" keep your "ma Essential " letter as you may need it to buy gas later this year.

This could be even worse if a super strain emerges from India into the middle east.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 11:27:22 AM EDT
[#37]

Link Posted: 5/6/2021 11:56:45 AM EDT
[#38]

View Quote
What is a Fort Jackson rifle?
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 12:10:47 PM EDT
[#39]

ETA; I am finding conflicting info about LTC in TX. Some say it will go away, others say it will still exist, and have the same advantages for purchase of guns, and CC reciprocity.
View Quote

I ass-u-me it will still be valid since states that require one will still need it. TN unfortunately does not bypass a background check for CCP holders..

TN does have its own system and does not look to NICS for approval though. Every TN resident gets this, I wish CCP holders could get a pass.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 12:16:26 PM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes

There's not going to be any change in the TN permits.  They just won't be necessary to carry in most places in the state.  The 'permitless carry' law doesn't allow carry in one or two of the old 'gun free' areas that that had legal exceptions made for carry permits, so the carry permit does allow a little more 'freedom' to carry.  The permits also allow carry in states that have reciprocity with TN.

Biggest impact on TN permits, is that the "what was the fucking point of creating this permit?" permit that was created about a year and a half ago, now becomes the "no, seriously, what was the fucking point of creating this permit?" permit, as it really didn't have much purpose other than to temporarily draw support away from Constitutional carry bills.  It allows taking the class online (no range qualification requirement) and has a lower fee, but does not allow open carry and it's reciprocity is more limited than the normal (now referred to as "enhanced carry") permit.

The lifetime permit existed before the "what was the fucking point of creating this permit?" permit, so it's just the normal (now "enhanced carry") permit without a requirement to renew every four years or so.

Yeah, it's a little confusing, but that's what happens when the NRA strolls into the TN legislature and completely ignores the Tennessee Firearms Association and NRA members who have been paying attention to gun legislation in our state.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 12:17:28 PM EDT
[#41]

Angry soy boys tweet:

View Quote

Uh I think soy boys twastika account is gone, came up to me for a sign up page....
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 12:24:05 PM EDT
[#42]

I ass-u-me it will still be valid since states that require one will still need it. TN unfortunately does not bypass a background check for CCP holders..

TN does have its own system and does not look to NICS for approval though. Every TN resident gets this, I wish CCP holders could get a pass.
View Quote

The reason that I saw repeatedly given for TN permit holders not being able to bypass the NICS, was our renewal periods were too long (feds wanted the TN permit renewal requirement changed to every year).

TN FFLs don't have to deal with NICS (run by the FBI), but they do have to deal with TICkS (run by the TBI), and the TBI essentially just runs the TICkS check by running a NICS check on the buyer and then checking to see if the gun's serial number has been reported stolen.  If NICS goes down, TICkS also goes down.

Not much good to say about ticks.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 12:26:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By m35ben:

I am going to guess the guy was in training for the Frot Jackson PD. He used their rifle, could be wrong though.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 12:28:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JPN] [#44]

Uh I think soy boys twastika account is gone, came up to me for a sign up page....
View Quote

Going to the linked article, then following the links to the replies, results in a 'this tweet was deleted by the author' when you backtrack from there.

ETA: ...and the tweet author changed his account settings to private.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 12:30:54 PM EDT
[#45]

View All Quotes

Angry soy boys tweet:

He deleted it, and locked his account  I had a feeling that might happen.  He was getting hammered and whining about being attacked by Nazis.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 12:31:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By JPN:

The reason that I saw repeatedly given for TN permit holders not being able to bypass the NICS, was our renewal periods were too long (feds wanted the TN permit renewal requirement changed to every year).

TN FFLs don't have to deal with NICS (run by the FBI), but they do have to deal with TICkS (run by the TBI), and the TBI essentially just runs the TICkS check by running a NICS check on the buyer and then checking to see if the gun's serial number has been reported stolen.  If NICS goes down, TICkS also goes down.

Not much good to say about ticks.
View Quote

That is kinda what I thought about how it was ran since when the NICS started to slow down in the panic purchasing TICkS did as well.  Maybe not as much information gets passed but honestly owner and serial number are the worst and the rest is extra fluff.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 12:35:41 PM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes

No dinner for you.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 12:36:15 PM EDT
[#48]

If you are seeking the Anti Christ, look no further than Fauci. He should have been Clinton suicided a long time ago!
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 12:37:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 12:43:37 PM EDT
[#50]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E0tj18uWYAAAHyj?format=jpg&name=large

View Quote
The ends justify the means. Except when it doesn't. Like say in self defense. Or upholding the law. Or anything they don't like.
Page / 5112
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top