Originally Posted By eesmith:

Got retweeted by David Reaboi:

Link Posted: 6/7/2021 11:03:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 11:31:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ecgRN:

Are memes supposed to make you sad? Cause that meme makes me sad.
View Quote

Sometimes.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 11:44:36 PM EDT
[#4]
https://thepostmillennial.com/state-department-warned-officials-not-to-investigate-lab-leak-theory-over-fears-it-would-expose-us-funding-of-gain-of-function-research

State Department 'warned' officials not to investigate lab leak theory over fears it would expose US funding of gain-of-function research
State Department staffers reportedly had "warned" officials not to investigate the theory that COVID-19 leaded from he Wuhan Institute
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 12:14:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 12:19:14 AM EDT
[#6]
US funding or Fauchi funding in secret?
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 12:38:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 1:09:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By 30calTBLkid:

I don't know that I've ever had a good experience with the state department.
View Quote
Nope.  Bunch of shitbags.  Had to give a tour of the ship to a US Ambassador and his wife.  A couple of blivets... empty suit.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 2:10:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ecgRN] [#9]
View Quote

I was fishin' in a tornado today. I manned up.

Link Posted: 6/8/2021 2:20:44 AM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 6/8/2021 2:23:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Train like you fish. Fish like you train.

Link Posted: 6/8/2021 2:27:50 AM EDT
[#12]

https://i.imgur.com/ytrMY6N.jpg?1
View Quote

Tell the truth. The tornado sucked that fish right out of the pond. You grabbed it with your bare hand as it flew thru the swirling air of the tornado.

You missed an opportunity to make up a GREAT fishing story, so I just helped out!!  

Link Posted: 6/8/2021 2:28:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 2:30:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Cecenrse:

Tell the truth. The tornado sucked that fish right out of the pond. You grabbed it with your bare hand as it flew thru the swirling air of the tornado.

You missed an opportunity to make up a GREAT fishing story, so I just helped out!!  

View Quote

EXACTLY what happened.

Link Posted: 6/8/2021 2:58:49 AM EDT
[#15]
View Quote

Sad but true.

Sto lat

CD
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 3:35:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By sharkman6:

Liberating, isn’t it?

Got contacted by the moving office this morning.  I’m getting out of this state just in time.

Washington State Schools Critical Race Mandate
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sharkman6:
Originally Posted By elcope:

That's where I am on this.

Liberating, isn’t it?

Got contacted by the moving office this morning.  I’m getting out of this state just in time.

Washington State Schools Critical Race Mandate

12. You're the twelfth one I know of since leaving in Feb. Fire season is coming.... lots of fuel from all the years of mismanaged forestry.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 3:48:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 4:39:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Very mild.  Bitch should never see daylight again.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 5:25:27 AM EDT
[#19]

Cool pics. Any damage?
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 5:25:43 AM EDT
[#20]

Cool pics. Any damage?
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 6:37:30 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By tnriverluver:
LMAO this is awesome!!!

View Quote

LOL! That was awesome!
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 8:02:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By 30calTBLkid:

I don't know that I've ever had a good experience with the state department.
View Quote

QFT.  The only decent person I found was, surprisingly, Chris Dodd's brother in Costa Rica.  Otherwise, useless.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 8:03:00 AM EDT
[#23]
LMAO this is awesome!!!

View Quote

Needs more gravel.  
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 9:16:02 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By zach_:

Cool pics. Any damage?
View Quote

It was about 20miles south of me. I haven't heard much about damage, but then i dont watch the news.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 9:24:25 AM EDT
[#25]
https://twitter.com/tomselliott/status/1402218237048279041?s=20

Can’t seem to embed a twitter link. - click through for someone in MSM who was triggered by the large number of American Flags she saw in Long Island this weekend
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 9:28:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Win1300:
https://twitter.com/tomselliott/status/1402218237048279041?s=20

Can’t seem to embed a twitter link. - click through for someone in MSM who was triggered by the large number of American Flags she saw in Long Island this weekend
View Quote

If you remove the question mark and everything after it the tweet will embed.

Link Posted: 6/8/2021 9:31:44 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 9:33:02 AM EDT
[#28]

It was about 20miles south of me. I haven't heard much about damage, but then i dont watch the news.
View All Quotes

Cool pics. Any damage?

I saw it on the news after I posted. Some property damage. Nobody hurt according to the news I saw.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 9:33:30 AM EDT
[#29]

Link Posted: 6/8/2021 9:36:33 AM EDT
[#30]

View All Quotes

Cool pics. Any damage?

Fucked up at least one residence near Platteville, and a few outbuildings,  fences and crops
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 9:49:12 AM EDT
[#31]
Macron gets bitch slapped

Link Posted: 6/8/2021 10:51:10 AM EDT
[#32]
Those 3 letter agency boys are certainly busy of late.  I wonder how long before they go after the electrical grids.

https://halturnerradioshow.com/index.php/en/news-page/news-nation/major-food-service-company-cyber-hacked-shut-down

A woman who is director in food service for hospitals has advised she was just notified that Edward Don has been cyber attacked and not able to take any orders for at least a couple of days.

Edward Don is the largest provider of food service products. Here's what this means:

According to the company's web site Edward Don & Company’s seven distribution centers in Chicago, Philadelphia, Fort Lauderdale, Atlanta, Dallas, Seattle and Los Angeles give a nationwide presence that is strategic as well as convenient.

With this company having been cyber-hacked, Hospitals cannot order any food service products along with restaurants or grocery stores.

Hospitals have a 72-hour supply for emergencies to feed patients. In other words they have their menus for the week, once all of that is gone then they have to dig into their emergency supplies which are only for 72 hours.

It means they literally have 10 days to get this resolved.

And that's just hospitals not including grocery stores and restaurants.

This is a developing story, check back for updates.

Link Posted: 6/8/2021 12:41:18 PM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

nice.  what round for fish?
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 12:43:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 12:44:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:

Sad but true.

Sto lat

CD
View Quote

https://www.polin.pl/en/heroes-warsaw-ghetto-uprising
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 12:47:33 PM EDT
[#36]

criminal
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 1:07:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Hollywood_Shooter:

nice.  what round for fish?
View Quote

5in Comida (MR. Twister)

Link Posted: 6/8/2021 2:46:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 4:19:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 5:06:44 PM EDT
[#40]

Link Posted: 6/8/2021 5:27:12 PM EDT
[#41]
View Quote

Every single American owes it to themselves to pay as little in taxes as possible while using every loophole and opportunity that congress enacted. Let rich people keep their money, the poor sure don't pay their fair share either. Fuck that noise about people not paying enough in taxes. #TaxationIsTheft
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 5:29:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 5:32:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 5:42:52 PM EDT
[#44]

View Quote
The replies:   REEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 5:44:00 PM EDT
[#45]

Every single American owes it to themselves to pay as little in taxes as possible while using every loophole and opportunity that congress enacted. Let rich people keep their money, the poor sure don't pay their fair share either. Fuck that noise about people not paying enough in taxes. #TaxationIsTheft
View Quote
 Did they follow the tax code?  If so, IDGAF.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 5:48:27 PM EDT
[#46]

I was fishin' in a tornado today. I manned up.

https://i.imgur.com/0E9Nco5.jpg?1

https://i.imgur.com/mVRNFVw.jpg?1
View Quote

My brother and I encountered a “micro burst” once while fishing from a canoe.  It was...exciting.  The fishing was incredible right before, we were yanking small mouth almost every other cast.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 5:48:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 5:54:28 PM EDT
[#48]

View Quote

lol, outstanding!
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 6:22:27 PM EDT
[#49]
https://technofog.substack.com/p/the-dc-pipe-bomb-suspect

What is the FBI hiding from the public?

We all know the same feds that found these "pipe bombs" were from the same group that put them there. They are not kidding many people any more.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 6:32:30 PM EDT
[#50]

View Quote

I guess we will have to agree to disagree.  The ultra wealthy have the means to utilize loopholes note available to the average American.  From the article:

The idea of a regular tax on income, much less on wealth, does not appear in the country’s founding documents. In fact, Article 1 of the U.S. Constitution explicitly prohibits “direct” taxes on citizens under most circumstances. This meant that for decades, the U.S. government mainly funded itself through “indirect” taxes: tariffs and levies on consumer goods like tobacco and alcohol.

With the costs of the Civil War looming, Congress imposed a national income tax in 1861. The wealthy helped force its repeal soon after the war ended. (Their pique could only have been exacerbated by the fact that the law required public disclosure. The annual income of the moguls of the day — $1.3 million for William Astor; $576,000 for Cornelius Vanderbilt — was listed in the pages of The New York Times in 1865.)

and

In the early years, the personal income tax worked as Congress intended, falling squarely on the richest. In 1918, only 15% of American families owed any tax. The top 1% paid 80% of the revenue raised, according to historian W. Elliot Brownlee.

But a question remained: What would count as income and what wouldn’t? In 1916, a woman named Myrtle Macomber received a dividend for her Standard Oil of California shares. She owed taxes, thanks to the new law. The dividend had not come in cash, however. It came in the form of an additional share for every two shares she already held. She paid the taxes and then brought a court challenge: Yes, she’d gotten a bit richer, but she hadn’t received any money. Therefore, she argued, she’d received no “income.”

Four years later, the Supreme Court agreed. In Eisner v. Macomber, the high court ruled that income derived only from proceeds. A person needed to sell an asset — stock, bond or building — and reap some money before it could be taxed.

Since then, the concept that income comes only from proceeds — when gains are “realized” — has been the bedrock of the U.S. tax system. Wages are taxed. Cash dividends are taxed. Gains from selling assets are taxed. But if a taxpayer hasn’t sold anything, there is no income and therefore no tax.

Contemporary critics of Macomber were plentiful and prescient. Cordell Hull, the congressman known as the “father” of the income tax, assailed the decision, according to scholar Marjorie Kornhauser. Hull predicted that tax avoidance would become common. The ruling opened a gaping loophole, Hull warned, allowing industrialists to build a company and borrow against the stock to pay living expenses. Anyone could “live upon the value” of their company stock “without selling it, and of course, without ever paying” tax, he said.

So if you have an asset - let's say a stock or a house that has appreciated in value greatly - you can "borrow" against that increased value and use the money borrowed on "investments".  And the money you "borrowed" will allow you to deduct the interest you paid in some cases.  This article points out the absurdity of the federal income tax.  It is designed to protect those who typically donate $$ to the elected officials.  If you are okay with that - that's fine.  I'm not.

Note the following

Most Americans have to work to live. When they do, they get paid — and they get taxed. The federal government considers almost every dollar workers earn to be “income,” and employers take taxes directly out of their paychecks.

The Bezoses of the world have no need to be paid a salary. Bezos’ Amazon wages have long been set at the middle-class level of around $80,000 a year.

and

Yet this is not the self-effacing gesture it appears to be: Wages are taxed at a high rate. The top 25 wealthiest Americans reported $158 million in wages in 2018, according to the IRS data. That’s a mere 1.1% of what they listed on their tax forms as their total reported income. The rest mostly came from dividends and the sale of stock, bonds or other investments, which are taxed at lower rates than wages.

If this doesn't trouble you - I don't know what to say.  

That is, for every $100 of wealth growth over that period, typical Americans paid $160 in taxes.

Bezos paid only $1.09.
Page / 5107
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top