Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5112
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 7:57:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Win1300:

Locally there are no militias.  Just local gov.  Seeing how they responded to the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy I have no doubt they will fail miserably should the time come where infrastructure needs defending.

Random thought.  How many like minded individuals would you need to lock down and secure a costco/bj's/sam's club type warehouse?  Aside from loading docks, main entrance, auto repair bays, and fire exits the skylights are the only other obvious points of entry.  

View Quote
Depends.  Are Claymores available?  M-60s or SAWs?  If just ARs pistols and shotguns, probably 20 for 24 hr coverage of all the entry points over an extended-term (7+days).
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 8:13:14 PM EDT
[#2]
At this point, I have concluded all these tic toc Karen's are simply competing to see who can make the most outrageous video. I'm just not sure when the contest ends and would we be able to vote.

Link Posted: 7/13/2021 8:14:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: michigan66] [#3]
Originally Posted By Cecenrse:
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/734252874770677790/864575534079541258/D32UJuwWAAEYwx2.jpg?width=925&height=399
(World IQ map. Sub-Saharan African average is <70)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/734252874770677790/864575534079541258/D32UJuwWAAEYwx2.jpg?width=925&height=399

Exhibt A:

Bald men in Mozambique could be targets of ritual attacks, police have warned, after the recent killing of five men for their body parts.

Two suspects have been arrested in the central district of Milange, where the killings occurred.

"The belief is that the head of a bald man contains gold," said Afonso Dias, a police commander in Mozambique's central Zambezia province.

Exhibit B:

Police in Congo have arrested 13 suspected sorcerers accused of using black magic to steal or shrink men’s penises after a wave of panic and attempted lynchings triggered by the alleged witchcraft.

Reports of so-called penis snatching are not uncommon in West Africa, where belief in traditional religions and witchcraft remains widespread, and where ritual killings to obtain blood or body parts still occur.

Rumors of penis theft began circulating last week in Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo’s sprawling capital of some 8 million inhabitants. They quickly dominated radio call-in shows, with listeners advised to beware of fellow passengers in communal taxis wearing gold rings.

Purported victims, 14 of whom were also detained by police, claimed that sorcerers simply touched them to make their genitals shrink or disappear, in what some residents said was an attempt to extort cash with the promise of a cure.

“You just have to be accused of that, and people come after you. We’ve had a number of attempted lynchings. ... You see them covered in marks after being beaten,” Kinshasa’s police chief, Jean-Dieudonne Oleko, told Reuters on Tuesday.

Police arrested the accused sorcerers and their victims in an effort to avoid the sort of bloodshed seen in Ghana a decade ago, when 12 suspected penis snatchers were beaten to death by angry mobs. The 27 men have since been released.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 8:19:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By michigan66:

Exhibt A:

Exhibit B:

View All Quotes

Exhibt A:

Bald men in Mozambique could be targets of ritual attacks, police have warned, after the recent killing of five men for their body parts.

Two suspects have been arrested in the central district of Milange, where the killings occurred.

"The belief is that the head of a bald man contains gold," said Afonso Dias, a police commander in Mozambique's central Zambezia province.

Exhibit B:

Police in Congo have arrested 13 suspected sorcerers accused of using black magic to steal or shrink men’s penises after a wave of panic and attempted lynchings triggered by the alleged witchcraft.

Reports of so-called penis snatching are not uncommon in West Africa, where belief in traditional religions and witchcraft remains widespread, and where ritual killings to obtain blood or body parts still occur.

Rumors of penis theft began circulating last week in Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo’s sprawling capital of some 8 million inhabitants. They quickly dominated radio call-in shows, with listeners advised to beware of fellow passengers in communal taxis wearing gold rings.

Purported victims, 14 of whom were also detained by police, claimed that sorcerers simply touched them to make their genitals shrink or disappear, in what some residents said was an attempt to extort cash with the promise of a cure.

“You just have to be accused of that, and people come after you. We’ve had a number of attempted lynchings. ... You see them covered in marks after being beaten,” Kinshasa’s police chief, Jean-Dieudonne Oleko, told Reuters on Tuesday.

Police arrested the accused sorcerers and their victims in an effort to avoid the sort of bloodshed seen in Ghana a decade ago, when 12 suspected penis snatchers were beaten to death by angry mobs. The 27 men have since been released.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 8:32:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Atomic_Ferret:

If you have it from the inside, very few.

Local Costco is a freestanding building with no windows. Walls appear to be solid block. There is one rollup door for the entry side, another for exit, the loading dock(s) and auto center also have rollup doors.
Secure doors, backstop with heavy things that offer cover (handy forklifts are already available), position some folks on the roof to deter aggressors and the place is yours.
Bonus: Secure your vehicles in the auto center (or just drive them inside the main doors).

Only downsides would be a shitload of rotting perishables once the power goes out and everybody knows where Costco is. Bet a few other people have the same idea.
View Quote

If one were so inclined, one would set up a barter system to trade away as much of the perishables as possible early one.  While at the same time firing up the kamado joes to make jerky from as much of the beef as possible.  Pickle the eggs.  Kimchi from the cabbage. Canning tomatoes and potatoes.  Etc.

I would only accept propane, gas, diesel, ammo or fealty in exchange for the perishables - maybe silver or gold.

Link Posted: 7/13/2021 8:36:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Mariner82:
Depends.  Are Claymores available?  M-60s or SAWs?  If just ARs pistols and shotguns, probably 20 for 24 hr coverage of all the entry points over an extended-term (7+days).
View Quote

That's inline with what I thought.  No claymores or SAWs.  Neutered ARs, pistols, and shotguns in newyorkistan.  Welding, chains and bike locks would be handy for sure...As would shipping containers to block easy vehicular approach.  
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 8:56:37 PM EDT
[#7]

Exhibt A:

Exhibit B:

View Quote

Shit ain't funny 66.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 9:36:55 PM EDT
[#8]
South Africa Descends into Chaos - What is Really Happening?
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 9:39:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 9:43:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 10:13:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Doodles:

I support this message
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Doodles:

I support this message

Is it too late to be part of the #metoo movement....
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 10:27:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 10:28:29 PM EDT
[#13]

At this point, I have concluded all these tic toc Karen's are simply competing to see who can make the most outrageous video. I'm just not sure when the contest ends and would we be able to vote.

View Quote

That tweet is wrong they found my ex....she never had a job much less be a teacher....

Link Posted: 7/13/2021 10:28:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gopher] [#14]
Texas Democrats running off to DC on an aircraft vs a commercial flight to DC.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 10:37:58 PM EDT
[#15]
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/733391165159768155/864623699498631248/unknown.png?width=449&height=398
View Quote
Harsh but fair.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 10:47:17 PM EDT
[#16]

View Quote
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 10:51:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AZNetEng] [#17]
Originally Posted By The_Dog:

And?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By The_Dog:
Originally Posted By AZNetEng:
It should be. Going to do a test drive in about an hour.

And?
Rides and handles well. Waaaay underpowered. Downhill on a freeway ramp and I'd have lost to an old lady in a wheel chair. Nothing I didn't expect. I took it over some rough ground and it rides very well.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 10:53:54 PM EDT
[#18]
https://images-ext-1.discordapp.net/external/SGdwS54JJOBkLUHzhr0QMe0nUA2pv7g-HQwUEym2gEE/https/media.8kun.top/file_store/14be3f50686d45d44cc16a911bd22f76eff253ab9743820b715a0aaa3c32d711.png
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/13/2021 11:04:12 PM EDT
[#19]

Smart man that Thomas Sowell.

Link Posted: 7/14/2021 12:03:23 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Scoobysmak:

That tweet is wrong they found my ex....she never had a job much less be a teacher....

View Quote

Scoobs, you have my deepest sympathy and my deepest regards. I am truly astonished that your crazy ass isn't in jail for killing her. That alone is a testament to your character.

Link Posted: 7/14/2021 1:41:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By HBAR16:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fEVHx-m_YA
View Quote

Toto - Africa (Official HD Video)
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 1:51:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 2:03:24 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By tnriverluver:
View Quote

Lighting I believe.

CD
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 2:40:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By tads:

Part 2

The way things are developing, this does not look like a colored revolt, but an an action designed to destroy the entire South African economy. If it were simply about freeing Zuma, a negotiation would have already taken place, and the attacks to strategic targets would have been stood down. We would see sporadic looting today and more symbolic protests, but what we are witnessing is a series of strategic attacks against the supply chain and the economy.

The concerning thing about these attacks is that the supply chain interruption that they intend to pull off goes beyond basic food distribution centers. They hit container facilities in Durban and food warehousing facilities everywhere else. The KZN is a total hell hole now. These actions were completely unnecessary, since they already control the highway system and they have already shutdown heavy transport.

The impact on SA exports will be tremendous. (This will also affect global food prices to some extent.) The real proof in the pudding for this theory will be when they systematically start going for farms, and that is inevitable at this point, because the population is going to go hungry and weather it was intended by accident or design they will have to forage for food in the country side. When that happens, we are looking at a total South African apocalypse.

A chemical plant was set on fire and they are going after large factories and South African corporations. their choice of targets is not random or opportunistic, but seems to serve a greater economic purpose. Confirming this theory will depend on what targets they hit today. The fact that they hit a water treatment plant and that they began to attack infrastructure indicates this is not going to end well for the current government.

Color revolts are designed to capture a countries resources, infrastructure and it’s economic system intact. Regime leaders live off of payoffs and baksheesh. It is not in their interest to destroy the goose that lays the golden eggs. This is nit a simple colored revolt. This is something else.

Their target-set is not merely symbolic, they are going to cause serious structural problems for the population in the long term. No aspiring regime could undertake that level of reconstruction on its own. The bill is going to be enormous, and given how the pandemic has already hit SA, they will require serious foreign aid. Also, who ever takes over will have to use a disproportionate amount of force to restore order when everyone starts going hungry.

There are rumors that this is an EFF coup (those are the red beret guys). But no one in their right mind would want to take over a social disaster of the size of what is being created, unless the intention is to completely destroy the economic order pol pot style.

If it was a coup, all they would have to do is keep pressure on the cities for another week and the government falls. Their main fuel refinery just shut down, when that happens in this game you are toast, because without fuel your cannot mobilize anything and your days are numbered because people will start going hungry. Instead of mounting political pressure, they are systematically destroying a supply chain that will take years to restore, and damaging an economy to a point where it will be beyond repair.

What we are seeing is something more consistent with an unrestricted warfare action by a foreign actor that is capable of taking over the damage, or not interested in repairing the damage at all.

So either:

a.- Its the Chinese that are going to sweep everything up because the riot bill is going to be in the gazillions.

b. This is being set up for a UN led intervention effort. (funded by the Chinese so its nit so in your face).

c.- It is the template for the great reset of  the SA population so that they will own nothing and be happy.

More concerning is the fact that this may be the type of build back better strategy that will be used to destroy independent economies throughout the world to really place us in a state of poverty.
View Quote

Another theory might be that the players don't fully grasp the long term consequences of destroying their own country's infrastructure.  Or they might not care.

I've met and worked with plenty of officials here in the US that had/have no idea how fragile our infrastructure is.  A common line of thinking is that if things fall apart it won't matter long term because "somebody" will come in and fix it.  Long-term thinking and sufficient imagination to see how bad things might be are not common to all people.

If dealing with true believer Marxist-Leninists, the destruction of the infrastructure only matters in that it will speed the revolution.  The short and long term consequences of destroying your own economy is irrelevant so long as it brings down capitalism.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 4:30:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dannylgriffin] [#25]
Originally Posted By sharkman6:
I've met and worked with plenty of officials here in the US that had/have no idea how fragile our infrastructure is.  A common line of thinking is that if things fall apart it won't matter long term because "somebody" will come in and fix it.
View Quote
Did you point out how stupid and naïve they were?  You know, the DHS has actual people that wargame these scenarios many times a year because they are extremely "problematic."
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 6:54:55 AM EDT
[#26]

Exhibt A:

Exhibit B:

View All Quotes

Exhibt A:

Exhibit B:

Link Posted: 7/14/2021 7:13:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:

Lighting I believe.

CD
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/14/2021 8:54:24 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By DarkStar:

https://i.imgflip.com/5gequ5.jpg

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DarkStar:
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:

Lighting I believe.

CD

https://i.imgflip.com/5gequ5.jpg

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 9:26:35 AM EDT
[#29]

Exhibt A:

Exhibit B:

View All Quotes

Exhibt A:

Exhibit B:

I never realized that District 9 was a documentary.

Meeting With Obesandjo | District 9 | Voyage
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 9:42:22 AM EDT
[#30]
Gun Control is Over

If it weren't for ordinary civilians with guns standing between rioters and their communities, those communities would be overrun and innocent people would be killed and wiped out. The proposed amendments to the FCA would have made such defence impossible.

Link Posted: 7/14/2021 10:58:08 AM EDT
[#31]
View Quote
God...
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 11:02:08 AM EDT
[#32]
God...
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/14/2021 11:13:31 AM EDT
[#33]

That's inline with what I thought.  No claymores or SAWs.  Neutered ARs, pistols, and shotguns in newyorkistan.  Welding, chains and bike locks would be handy for sure...As would shipping containers to block easy vehicular approach.  
View All Quotes

Things to consider.  How long are your shifts? How do you handle a reserve force? Are all positions static? Do you have enough means to secure all the entry points,  are do you secure approaches and choke points. Do you have high enough vantage points to see hostiles before they're on the property?
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 11:25:21 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By dannylgriffin:
Did you point out how stupid and naïve they were?  You know, the DHS has actual people that wargame these scenarios many times a year because they are extremely "problematic."
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dannylgriffin:
Originally Posted By sharkman6:
I've met and worked with plenty of officials here in the US that had/have no idea how fragile our infrastructure is.  A common line of thinking is that if things fall apart it won't matter long term because "somebody" will come in and fix it.

Just like the general public, there are people in government that believe food comes from stores, electricity comes from a plug on the wall, and water comes from a faucet.  The issue of how store, plug, and faucet obtains them, is a form of magic that is better not questioned (too many headaches, or even having to reconsider their world views, could be the result).
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 11:41:05 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 12:34:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 12:51:08 PM EDT
[#37]
I suspect after the lightning strike gravity gets an assist too.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 12:53:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By stoner01:

Things to consider.  How long are your shifts? How do you handle a reserve force? Are all positions static? Do you have enough means to secure all the entry points,  are do you secure approaches and choke points. Do you have high enough vantage points to see hostiles before they're on the property?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stoner01:

Let's not forget that the world is full of people that if they can't have it won't let you have it either. Guarding against fire becomes an issue and the perimeter on those buildings is not small nor would it be trivial to guard.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 1:31:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 4:16:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Let's not forget that the world is full of people that if they can't have it won't let you have it either. Guarding against fire becomes an issue and the perimeter on those buildings is not small nor would it be trivial to guard.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 4:21:24 PM EDT
[#41]
View Quote

He wanted another hit
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 4:40:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 5:26:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By JPN:

Just like the general public, there are people in government that believe food comes from stores, electricity comes from a plug on the wall, and water comes from a faucet.  The issue of how store, plug, and faucet obtains them, is a form of magic that is better not questioned (too many headaches, or even having to reconsider their world views, could be the result).
View Quote

Cargo Cult mentality. They have no idea how fragile modern civilization actually is and all the interdependent intricacies involved in keeping it running smoothly. Then again some of them on top just play dumb and know just where to throw the monkey wrenches to achieve their evil purposes.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 6:47:44 PM EDT
[#44]
God...
View All Quotes
God...

Dudes w/ a couple Ladders, chisels, 3# sledges and flower bed edgers... Bravo to that work crew!
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 8:05:24 PM EDT
[#45]
From the Border | Guest: Victor Avila | Ep 478
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 8:06:44 PM EDT
[#46]

Just thought this might be useful.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 8:29:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 8:31:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Why are the vaccinated so scared of the unvaccinated?  This push and self selection is so damn crazy.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 8:31:38 PM EDT
[#49]

Just thought this might be useful.
View Quote

I didn't realize how far I had fallen behind on EDC standards.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 8:32:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By exponentialpi:
Why are the vaccinated so scared of the unvaccinated?  This push and self selection is so damn crazy.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/200878/9B58B7A9-575F-42B9-B07C-842C2A0E46C5_jpe-2013893.JPG
View Quote

I guess the false positive test are still out there in masses...
Page / 5112
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top