BCM
User Panel

Page / 5112
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 11:57:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By spoonrobot:
I don't know if this has been posted but same trend as the Haiti assassination:

How many fuckin' people were involved in total?

At this point, only the most outlandish conspiracy theories seem unlikely
View Quote

Female Bureau of Investigation
Attachment Attached File

What a toxic, depressing work environment that must be
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 12:03:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:

Prepare to repel borders.

CD
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
If true, the commentary here is chilling regarding south Africa this morning...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5cxM4pUbso

Prepare to repel borders.

CD

Link Posted: 7/13/2021 12:16:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Doodles] [#3]
Originally Posted By tads:

Free Jacob Zuma. Or else...

Mr. Jacob Zuma, the former president of South Africa, refused to show up to a corruption hearing, and a warrant was issued for his arrest. Before turning himself over to the SA cops, he ordered his supporters to take the streets and a series of small protests began to escalate into full blown riots.

The protests and road blocks began in KwaZulu-Natal, (the Zulu homeland, also known as the KZN). These quickly spread to the city of Gauteng over the weekend, where 62 rioters were arrested. 30 trucks were torched on the N2 and N3 highways. The M2 to Johannesburg and the M7 to Durban and several smaller routes have all been systematically road blocked and the country has been brought to a complete stand still. This is not accidental. The Zuma boys are targeting heavy transport to destabilize the entire country. These are all strategic highways that carry essential goods and this is a systematic attack to their supply chain.

Mr. Zuma is a senior chief in the Zulu tribe hierarchy, and he is very close to the Zulu king. A supporting faction of the Zulus want Zuma freed because of tribal loyalties, and local popular support, hence the disaster starting in the KZN region.

The MK Veterans Association, the former military wing of the ANC (these guys are proper communists), is involved in the attacks. (Mr. Zuma is the former president of the ANC). The cities which are experiencing the violence have all had staged riots before. All of these attacks are being carried out by organized groups that have gone active. None of the violence is natural.

In response, the SA government raised their covid lockdown to level 4 to deal with the “Zuma variant”, and had serous clashes with rioters. Over the weekend the violence escalated.

Right now the violence is confined to roadblocks and a series of violent looting actions in most urban areas across SA. The dangerous thing about these riots is that thousands of poor people are joining them as a reaction to the heavy handed pandemic response and the lockdowns.

SA has had an alcohol ban, poverty has increased considerably for people who were already bellow the poverty line in 2019. Add a general state of mass hysteria and they have created fertile ground for a revolt to take place.

This escalation has reached Johannesburg, Durban and other cities, turning into a free for all in a 72 hour period. Given that there may be 20-50 casualties in the next 24 hours, things are set to get a lot worse.

Zuma is showing his power doing what communist trained leaders do best. But this is not about protest. This a subversion, and the goal is to erode government power by interrupting public order to incite a government repression to turn the people against the current president. In reality, this is an internal struggle between the interests that back Zuma and the Ramaphosa government.

There were reports of SA Police stations being systematically attacked. One police officer was shot and two others were injured in Alexandria. These are attacks are meant to dissuade police action and to collapse the state’s initial response capability. Amusingly, the SA Police are not really a force that can contain this mess. In fact quite a few of them have been filmed looting with the rioters.

Over the last 20 years, private security firms have become a parallel force in SA, relieving much of their work burden. (the combined private security sector has more personnel than the entire SA police force put together and it rivals the army in size).

Their cops simply do not have the man power to restore order and who ever is behind the violence knows this. The military has been deployed, but a state of exception has not been declared. The army is legally supporting police operations to restore order. They have not been deployed in full. They are being used in a deterring capacity in a show of force and riot operations in the worst areas.

The loyalty of the Army is now in play. The interesting thing will be to see what kind of deal the Zuma boys cut with the high command, because this could very easily end in a coup, if it is not already a coup in disguise.

The looting is a basic confrontation of rich against poor and it could escalate into a serious civil conflict. Given that white south africans control a large portion of the private economy, along with Indian, arab, chinese and other immigrants, who are seen as evil foreign capitalists, the possibility of an ethnic confrontation is very high. The Chinese presence is not seen in a healthy light, but since they may be involved, their interests may not be targeted as quite as heavily.

Most of the rioter’s messaging is actually calling for ethnic violence. The conflict is right now is mainly rural versus urban. With KZN being the focal point. The danger is escalating the conflict with the poor urban dwellers in the larger cities that have already destroyed the shopping malls. If they go against the middle class and affluent sectors, these will not be simple socioeconomic confrontations, but ethnic ones.

Communities are organizing themselves to defend their neighborhoods, tribal allegiances among the Zulu, Bantu and other groups are being formed, and the large population of poor and unemployed black south africans are being united by subversive elements into a common block with an angry mob mentality.

This revolt is being funded and it is very systematic. Food, Fuel and supplies have been cut off to the cities, and the main looting targets have all been high profile commercial centers. Their destruction is intended to create terror and panic. Other targets have been more specific, but they are mainly economic. Critical infrastructure has not been attacked yet. Thats the next escalation. If they start messing with basic services in large urban areas, its lights out and insanity ensues.
Learn about this process because it may come to a city near you in the future, courtesy of the new world order.

The rioters and looters are being bussed into urban areas in large groups, and leadership elements are directing them, because they are not local. There are also imbedded cells mobilizing poor folks from the townships and poor neighborhoods. The crowds are large because people are genuinely angry. The resources and logistics needed to mobilize these people and to man the national road block effort indicates that there is a considerable war chest that is being used and that there are seriously vested interests at work.

Zuma’s support base is in the KZN and in impoverished rural areas. He has choked the entire country with roadblocks. The attacks on the cities have a strong rural element that is being trucked in and they are gathering support in the poorer townships.

For now the unrest is being controlled by the zuma boys and the violence is essentially staged, meaning the conflict has not taken a life of its own. Symbolic targets are being destroyed, and government credibility is being eroded.
The looters are being led by hard core rioters and criminals, they are not acting out of need or desperation. Yet.

Given the reported damage and the current level of unrest, SA is looking at a partial but reparable supply chain interruption in the next few days. The danger lies in this interruption creating secondary and tertiary effects that may lead to real discontent, shortages and more unrest. With the current poverty levels and the general dissatisfaction in the population, the situation could be very difficult to contain. if food supplies are seriously interrupted, restoring order will take several weeks.

Poor people live day to day and do not have a long term food supply in their fridge. They cannot last more than a week without their local market and the supply trucks running. When supply chains are interrupted, prices naturally rise. If these supply chains are not fully restored, the roadblocks and food distribution centers become violent focal points, and poor people in urban areas will turn to violence and looting to get fed. If that happens, they will require a complete military deployment and an airlift just to feed the population.

Economically, it will take at least a year for SA to recover, and with the lockdowns, this recovery will be hindered considerably. People stop spending, businesses are lost and unemployment rises. Everyone was already on the brink with the pandemic, and social discontent will just get worse. It is not in Zuma’s interest to escalate things to a tipping point, because if the supply chain is interrupted for a prolonged period, restoring order becomes difficult for the army and who ever leads the next government. Escalating the violence to an ethnic confrontation benefits no one because it will reach a point where the violence becomes uncontrollable.

Color revolts always reach this tipping point and are scaled back to achieve a political solution. Unless the goal is to bring SA under military control, a settlement will be reached between the government and the zuma boys. That said, if this is a new world order sponsored colored revolt, the violence will be brought to a series of new peaks to systematically destroy the economy and to get a Ramaphosa resignation. If Ramaphosa falls, the situation ends up in a constitutional crisis with a transitional military government.

The worse case scenario is for the conflict to take on an ethnic dimension in the process. After that, things can take a life of their own.

View Quote

Water plant hit. They are starting on infrastructure.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 12:18:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Win1300:

I've long been tempted to buy the plans for Ross Lillistone's First Mate or Phoenix - the former is stitch and glue the later traditional lapstrake.  And then I come to my senses when I realize a not insubstantial amount of time will be spent sanding, sanding, and more sanding...

https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-8trdi5a57j/images/stencil/400x400/products/4515/5174/Tuesday__13938.1597268211.jpg?c=1

https://duckworks.com/phoenix-iii/
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JPN:

And Old Hickory Lake and Percy Priest Lake probably suck ass for sailing, in comparison to Chesapeake Bay.

It's been something like 15 years since I did any sailing.  I need to build another boat.  ...or I could just pick up a hammer and whack myself in the head.  

I've long been tempted to buy the plans for Ross Lillistone's First Mate or Phoenix - the former is stitch and glue the later traditional lapstrake.  And then I come to my senses when I realize a not insubstantial amount of time will be spent sanding, sanding, and more sanding...

https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-8trdi5a57j/images/stencil/400x400/products/4515/5174/Tuesday__13938.1597268211.jpg?c=1

https://duckworks.com/phoenix-iii/

I bought a Stevenson Projects sailboat, called a Wing Dinghy.  The guy that had built it from their plans, covered the hull with two plies of fiberglass cloth, but for some reason cheaped out on the deck and just mixed up some resin putty to coat the deck.  By the time he had gotten tired of the boat and decided to sell it, the sails had rotted, and the resin coating on the deck was cracking off.  It needed work, but the price was cheap, and he still had the plans (included them in the sale).

After I sanded the deck down to the bare wood, I covered it with two plies of fiberglass cloth, sanded everything, then repainted.  After thinking the sails and rigging over, I didn't like that if it was built to the plans, the sails were fully up once the mast was installed at the boat ramp, and the only way to lower them was to remove the mast (apparently a design decision made to keep the cost down and simplify the rigging as much as possible).  I did not like not having the ability to lower the sails on the water, and altered the rigging to make it more complicated and expensive (bought pulleys and cleats from marine supply vendors, instead of going to a hardware store as suggested in the plans).  I was very thankful for that decision, one day when I took the boat out in worse conditions than I expected (boat ramp was in a sheltered cove, and I neglected to walk out to the point to see exactly how rough things were, before getting in the boat).  After deciding that speeds far better than I ever expected to see from that boat, were not worth dealing with the waves coming over the deck, I lowered the main and got back to the cove with just the jib (which provided respectable speed in those conditions).  Reefing points were added to the mainsail, before the next trip to the lake.

I bought the Stevenson Projects plans for their Kayak and Mini-Cat, planning to lengthen the Kayak and add structure to support a schooner rig and outriggers (the Mini-Cat hulls).  The Kayak was fairly quick to build, though it was obvious that the design process placed quick and easy building as a much higher priority than keeping the weight down (and my modifications didn't help with the weight).  I took the Kayak to the lake a few times, while I was still building the outrigger hulls and sorting out how make the beams to add them to the Kayak (trying to figure out how to keep the weight down as much as possible, and not be too complicated to assemble at the boat ramp), and it did OK paddling around, but it was nothing to brag about.  Then I got in a car wreck in the Summer of 2005 that resulted in finishing physical therapy in Spring of 2007, and when I started feeling like working on the project again, I discovered that the shed that everything had been stored in, had a leaky roof, and it was all damaged to the point that it would be better to start over.

If I do decide to abuse myself with another boat project, I'm leaning toward the Stevenson Projects Weekender.  It would probably easily handle the conditions that resulted in me dropping the main on the Wing Dinghy, the lack of a daggerboard would be better for the local lakes (the Wing Dinghy's daggerboad scraped through stuff that I guessed was submerged brush, a few times), and the ability to add a small outboard would come in handy if the wind dies (which happened once when the Wing Dinghy was in the middle of the lake).  It would also look better flying a pirate flag, than the Wing Dinghy did flying a pirate flag.

https://stevproj.com/
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 12:21:41 PM EDT
[#5]
@tads

Thanks again for your cogent write up of how you see things.  Much appreciated.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 12:41:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Doodles] [#6]
Edit...see below
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 1:01:43 PM EDT
[#7]

ZA fuel prices will soar. Distribution warehouses looted and torched. Businesses looted and burned. Water treatment plants torched. Communities and cities defended by armed citizens who shared their ammo stashes with police and their army who ran out of ammo and supplies.. while their government has an amendment up to limit ammo and outlaw reloading and components. Dead bodies in the streets. Personal scores being settled by criminal gangs. Indians and whites on the same side against criminals and communists. Tribal conflicts and hatred between tribes in the black community has blacks against blacks. They can not count on defense or arrests by the police or army. Private security forces have been supplementing police forces who are understaffed and under supplied already. Fact:  All the private forces together number larger than the total ZA police force.

This is what an organized communist color revolution looks like. We can not allow the same shit to continue progressing here.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 1:25:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Part 2

The way things are developing, this does not look like a colored revolt, but an an action designed to destroy the entire South African economy. If it were simply about freeing Zuma, a negotiation would have already taken place, and the attacks to strategic targets would have been stood down. We would see sporadic looting today and more symbolic protests, but what we are witnessing is a series of strategic attacks against the supply chain and the economy.

The concerning thing about these attacks is that the supply chain interruption that they intend to pull off goes beyond basic food distribution centers. They hit container facilities in Durban and food warehousing facilities everywhere else. The KZN is a total hell hole now. These actions were completely unnecessary, since they already control the highway system and they have already shutdown heavy transport.

The impact on SA exports will be tremendous. (This will also affect global food prices to some extent.) The real proof in the pudding for this theory will be when they systematically start going for farms, and that is inevitable at this point, because the population is going to go hungry and weather it was intended by accident or design they will have to forage for food in the country side. When that happens, we are looking at a total South African apocalypse.

A chemical plant was set on fire and they are going after large factories and South African corporations. their choice of targets is not random or opportunistic, but seems to serve a greater economic purpose. Confirming this theory will depend on what targets they hit today. The fact that they hit a water treatment plant and that they began to attack infrastructure indicates this is not going to end well for the current government.

Color revolts are designed to capture a countries resources, infrastructure and it’s economic system intact. Regime leaders live off of payoffs and baksheesh. It is not in their interest to destroy the goose that lays the golden eggs. This is nit a simple colored revolt. This is something else.

Their target-set is not merely symbolic, they are going to cause serious structural problems for the population in the long term. No aspiring regime could undertake that level of reconstruction on its own. The bill is going to be enormous, and given how the pandemic has already hit SA, they will require serious foreign aid. Also, who ever takes over will have to use a disproportionate amount of force to restore order when everyone starts going hungry.

There are rumors that this is an EFF coup (those are the red beret guys). But no one in their right mind would want to take over a social disaster of the size of what is being created, unless the intention is to completely destroy the economic order pol pot style.

If it was a coup, all they would have to do is keep pressure on the cities for another week and the government falls. Their main fuel refinery just shut down, when that happens in this game you are toast, because without fuel your cannot mobilize anything and your days are numbered because people will start going hungry. Instead of mounting political pressure, they are systematically destroying a supply chain that will take years to restore, and damaging an economy to a point where it will be beyond repair.

What we are seeing is something more consistent with an unrestricted warfare action by a foreign actor that is capable of taking over the damage, or not interested in repairing the damage at all.

So either:

a.- Its the Chinese that are going to sweep everything up because the riot bill is going to be in the gazillions.

b. This is being set up for a UN led intervention effort. (funded by the Chinese so its nit so in your face).

c.- It is the template for the great reset of  the SA population so that they will own nothing and be happy.

More concerning is the fact that this may be the type of build back better strategy that will be used to destroy independent economies throughout the world to really place us in a state of poverty.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 1:26:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Wish it were about happier circumstances.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 1:33:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Some lessons learned is to protect your infrastructure.  That is the job of the state, if they fail, then militias would have to step up.  Won't be pretty.

CD
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 1:36:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 1:56:50 PM EDT
[#12]
View Quote

I support this message
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 1:57:01 PM EDT
[#13]

Free Jacob Zuma. Or else...
View Quote

Clear and cogent.  Best backgrounder on the situation I've found.  Kudos tads!
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 2:12:56 PM EDT
[#14]

Part 2

<snip>

So either:

a.- Its the Chinese that are going to sweep everything up because the riot bill is going to be in the gazillions.

b. This is being set up for a UN led intervention effort. (funded by the Chinese so its nit so in your face).

c.- It is the template for the great reset of  the SA population so that they will own nothing and be happy.

More concerning is the fact that this may be the type of build back better strategy that will be used to destroy independent economies throughout the world to really place us in a state of poverty.
View Quote
I don't see those as "either" choices.  b. leads to a. which results in c.  The only wrench would be that every single UN force in history has been the US plus some token contribution by others.  China obviously wouldn't want the US involved, and frankly I don't think the US public will support it in any event, so that works out for China.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 2:15:35 PM EDT
[#15]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/32677/ir4cuba_jpg-2012248.JPG

CD
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/13/2021 3:31:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 3:31:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 3:55:28 PM EDT
[#18]

Link Posted: 7/13/2021 3:55:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Some lessons learned is to protect your infrastructure.  That is the job of the state, if they fail, then militias would have to step up.  Won't be pretty.

CD
View Quote

Locally there are no militias.  Just local gov.  Seeing how they responded to the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy I have no doubt they will fail miserably should the time come where infrastructure needs defending.

Random thought.  How many like minded individuals would you need to lock down and secure a costco/bj's/sam's club type warehouse?  Aside from loading docks, main entrance, auto repair bays, and fire exits the skylights are the only other obvious points of entry.  

Link Posted: 7/13/2021 4:15:14 PM EDT
[#20]

Part 2

The way things are developing, this does not look like a colored revolt, but an an action designed to destroy the entire South African economy. If it were simply about freeing Zuma, a negotiation would have already taken place, and the attacks to strategic targets would have been stood down. We would see sporadic looting today and more symbolic protests, but what we are witnessing is a series of strategic attacks against the supply chain and the economy.

The concerning thing about these attacks is that the supply chain interruption that they intend to pull off goes beyond basic food distribution centers. They hit container facilities in Durban and food warehousing facilities everywhere else. The KZN is a total hell hole now. These actions were completely unnecessary, since they already control the highway system and they have already shutdown heavy transport.

The impact on SA exports will be tremendous. (This will also affect global food prices to some extent.) The real proof in the pudding for this theory will be when they systematically start going for farms, and that is inevitable at this point, because the population is going to go hungry and weather it was intended by accident or design they will have to forage for food in the country side. When that happens, we are looking at a total South African apocalypse.

A chemical plant was set on fire and they are going after large factories and South African corporations. their choice of targets is not random or opportunistic, but seems to serve a greater economic purpose. Confirming this theory will depend on what targets they hit today. The fact that they hit a water treatment plant and that they began to attack infrastructure indicates this is not going to end well for the current government.

Color revolts are designed to capture a countries resources, infrastructure and it’s economic system intact. Regime leaders live off of payoffs and baksheesh. It is not in their interest to destroy the goose that lays the golden eggs. This is nit a simple colored revolt. This is something else.

Their target-set is not merely symbolic, they are going to cause serious structural problems for the population in the long term. No aspiring regime could undertake that level of reconstruction on its own. The bill is going to be enormous, and given how the pandemic has already hit SA, they will require serious foreign aid. Also, who ever takes over will have to use a disproportionate amount of force to restore order when everyone starts going hungry.

There are rumors that this is an EFF coup (those are the red beret guys). But no one in their right mind would want to take over a social disaster of the size of what is being created, unless the intention is to completely destroy the economic order pol pot style.

If it was a coup, all they would have to do is keep pressure on the cities for another week and the government falls. Their main fuel refinery just shut down, when that happens in this game you are toast, because without fuel your cannot mobilize anything and your days are numbered because people will start going hungry. Instead of mounting political pressure, they are systematically destroying a supply chain that will take years to restore, and damaging an economy to a point where it will be beyond repair.

What we are seeing is something more consistent with an unrestricted warfare action by a foreign actor that is capable of taking over the damage, or not interested in repairing the damage at all.

So either:

View Quote

In watching things unfold in the SA thread, I kind of suspected this is exactly what was happening.
This is a destabilization hit being billed as riots over a former leader.

In exchange for their participation, the players will be allowed to engage in some wholesale ethnic cleansing.

And this is likely a template will be used in other countries, much in the same way as the "Arab Spring" was.

And yes, I believe that it could be tried here, with aspects of our own government (blue city/state legislators, police etc) being on the same side as the rioters and looters.

Trigger could be anything from a high profile, Floyd(esque) police incident, election audit results, terrorist attack or merely the growing battle between the states and the feds over extended unemployment compensation.
Not sure how one would prepare for an event like this or what the counter would be. Especially in blue states.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 4:19:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Atomic_Ferret:

In watching things unfold in the SA thread, I kind of suspected this is exactly what was happening.

In exchange for their participation, the players will be allowed to engage in some wholesale ethnic cleansing.

And this is likely a template will be used in other countries, much in the same way as the "Arab Spring" was.

And yes, I believe that it could be tried here, with aspects of our own government (blue city/state legislators, police etc) being on the same side as the rioters and looters.

Trigger could be anything from a high profile, Floyd(esque) police incident, election audit results, terrorist attack or merely the growing battle between the states and the feds over extended unemployment compensation.
Not sure how one would prepare for an event like this or what the counter would be. Especially in blue states.
View Quote

The election audit has real potential for becoming the lit match that hits the pool of gasoline.  
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 4:24:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 4:26:18 PM EDT
[#23]

The election audit has real potential for becoming the lit match that hits the pool of gasoline.  
View All Quotes

This is exactly what I'm suspecting is the match.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 4:28:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Mariner82:
I don't see those as "either" choices.  b. leads to a. which results in c.  The only wrench would be that every single UN force in history has been the US plus some token contribution by others.  China obviously wouldn't want the US involved, and frankly I don't think the US public will support it in any event, so that works out for China.
View Quote

Thats the joke. China has them over a barrel. Though this one would require a token security council resolution.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 4:28:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By HBAR16:

Clear and cogent.  Best backgrounder on the situation I've found.  Kudos tads!
View Quote

Thank you.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 4:35:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Its okay when BLM does it.

In solidarity with Cubans, protesters stop Palmetto Expressway traffic

Link Posted: 7/13/2021 4:35:33 PM EDT
[#27]

CD
View Quote

The key is to map out your infrastructure in your area before the drama. When we had our mine craft disaster, the communists tried to blow up our natural gas sub-stations (pump control units) and we had no idea where they were or that they even existed until they were caught in the act. Also, defending gas stations with sticks and oil drum shields can be very stressful when molotovs are being bandied about.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 4:46:05 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

They were hoping people were angry enough in the 2020 riots to pull it off. Fortunately no one took the bait. What worries me is if these guys start messing with the food supply like they already are, or if things get more complicated once inflation sets in. The economy is due to collapse and that would be the event that could set the conditions for a disaster like this.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 4:51:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Atomic_Ferret] [#29]

Locally there are no militias.  Just local gov.  Seeing how they responded to the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy I have no doubt they will fail miserably should the time come where infrastructure needs defending.

Random thought.  How many like minded individuals would you need to lock down and secure a costco/bj's/sam's club type warehouse?  Aside from loading docks, main entrance, auto repair bays, and fire exits the skylights are the only other obvious points of entry.  

View All Quotes

CD

If you have it from the inside, very few.

Local Costco is a freestanding building with no windows. Walls appear to be solid block. There is one rollup door for the entry side, another for exit, the loading dock(s) and auto center also have rollup doors.
Secure doors, backstop with heavy things that offer cover (handy forklifts are already available), position some folks on the roof to deter aggressors and the place is yours.
Bonus: Secure your vehicles in the auto center (or just drive them inside the main doors).

Only downsides would be a shitload of rotting perishables once the power goes out and everybody knows where Costco is. Bet a few other people have the same idea.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 4:56:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9divdoc] [#30]
I guess they found their George Floyd?

I remember back when it was Stephen Biko...
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 4:59:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Atomic_Ferret] [#31]

The key is to map out your infrastructure in your area before the drama. When we had our mine craft disaster, the communists tried to blow up our natural gas sub-stations (pump control units) and we had no idea where they were or that they even existed until they were caught in the act. Also, defending gas stations with sticks and oil drum shields can be very stressful when molotovs are being bandied about.
View All Quotes

CD

Gas stations in the US are pretty well fire proof (at least the fuel part). We store fuel underground so not a whole ton of risk for a big boom.

A lot of our other infrastructure is very, very vulnerable.

Hell, with a couple dozen committed people and the right umm, "items" you could effectively trap my county of 3,000,000 people.
There are basically 3 ways in/out, all are major freeways.. With bridges or mountain passes as chokepoints.

You would also be "trapping" a naval fleet (inc aircraft carriers, nuclear submarines and SEALS), a Marine corps air station and one of the largest USMC bases in the country.

Could easily work the other way (keeping people out) if desired.

Link Posted: 7/13/2021 5:01:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 5:05:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Nobody is really radicalized as yet... But by the time they are done hundreds of thousands will be.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 5:07:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By tnriverluver:
Chalk one up for the good guys/gals

Woman accused of running over George Floyd protester found not guilty of assault

Damn good hit at that!!!  Video in Tweet.

View Quote

this is surprising to me on several levels
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 5:08:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Hollywood_Shooter:

that looks fun
View All Quotes
It should be. Going to do a test drive in about an hour.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 5:11:53 PM EDT
[#36]

I would drive that
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 5:16:06 PM EDT
[#37]
View Quote

My name is Hollywood and I support this message.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 5:19:20 PM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

The skylights may take care of themselves.  

Link Posted: 7/13/2021 5:23:12 PM EDT
[#39]

Durban, South Africa as of today
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 5:24:12 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 5:28:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cecenrse] [#41]

(World IQ map. Sub-Saharan African average is <70)

This MAY rustle some jimmies, but sometimes the truth hurts.  After these events start we constantly hear people say, "Why would they destroy their own community like that?" Here is precisely why.

"I'm gonna hammer this one home again because it is fundamental to understanding geopolticis in Africa and way too many people in the US have been indoctrinated to be "color blind" and think there is zero difference between ethnicities and cultures

The average African is clinically mentally retarded. That's not edgy internet humor.  It's reality. If you are by first world standards only mildly retarded, you are the one eyed king in the land of the blind over in Africa.

It is physically beyond most of their capability to think beyond immediate gratification needs and understand repercussions of behavior. The thought of "we just burned all the farmland after kicking out the White farmers. How are we going to get food and eat?" doesn't even cross their mental radar. It's "hey! I can steal a TV like everyone else." and thought process ends."

Food comes from stores, not farms (paraphrased quote from an actual South African elected representative)
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 5:46:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 5:57:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Looting spree continues in KZN | Part 1
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 6:02:41 PM EDT
[#44]
EVERY WEBM I FOUND ON /POL/ AT 4 AM SOUTH AFRICAN UNREST EDITION
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 6:10:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FALFOX] [#45]
Just posted in the South Africa thread. I had never seen this site before and the vids are in convenient right click-save as format.

ETA: link made hot.

https://riotarchive.com/
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 6:11:35 PM EDT
[#46]
That map is dildos because it shows Canada as having a higher IQ than the US.  
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 6:37:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 6:45:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 6:56:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By AZNetEng:
It should be. Going to do a test drive in about an hour.
View Quote

And?
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 7:13:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 5112
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top