Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By midwinter:
Originally Posted By Mockingbird1836:
Originally Posted By zach_:
Why wouldn't I be back? I'm here

Where ya been?
I hope you are doing well.
Well, I got covid right after becoming vice chair of our local party. Then I went full speed with that. And now I'm moving to ft worth. But I'm doing well! Aside from still not being able to smell or taste 5 months later haha.

How are you?

An actual tasteless post...

JK. Glad to see you back!
Hope those symptoms go away soon.

Thanks me too!
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 12:41:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
Welcome to Fort Worth
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By m35ben:
Well, I got covid right after becoming vice chair of our local party. Then I went full speed with that. And now I'm moving to ft worth. But I'm doing well! Aside from still not being able to smell or taste 5 months later haha.

How are you?
Welcome to Fort Worth
Thank you! Pretty excited for the change. It'll be official next week! If I live through the packing haha
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 1:31:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 1:58:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mariner82] [#4]
Originally Posted By RickFinsta:

What boils my blood is I have specific, professional experience with microbial filtration and aseptic handling from my days making products that absolutely, positively, could not have DNA/RNA fragments or plasmids in them.  I was making nucleotides and amidites which are used for things like, oh I dunno maybe PCR and mRNA treatments?  Anyways, very early on (think March 2020) I was trying to explain to people that wearing a surgical mask or cloth mask was akin to trying to stop gnats with a cyclone fence, but much worse, and they were all "okay, you anti-science whacko you need to trust the expurts.".
View Quote
I don't have your level of expertise, but I do have extensive CBRN Defense experience.  I've used the same analogy (except I used mosquitos and chain link fence) and have gotten the same pushback.  Guess we should have asked all these suburban Hausfraus what was needed instead of doing R&D on protective masks, suits, boots, and gloves.  If only we'd known about the efficacy of paper surgical masks!
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 3:14:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By exponentialpi:

"Trust the science."  "Science is settled."
View Quote
Settled science is the best science. Nothing makes me feel safer than when we've determined we couldn't possibly learn anything new about a topic.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 3:29:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 5:48:18 PM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 7/20/2021 6:08:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Cecenrse:

https://images-ext-2.discordapp.net/external/NXIOye8HFT5Sx8IZMDaVXreRa-62Nv0TDlhYuq0OFDw/https/pbs.twimg.com/media/E6xQuugWYAEtE70.jpg%3Alarge?width=260&height=398
View Quote

Nice use of @ tags CeCe
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 6:24:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By 30calTBLkid:

How goes it? Any issues?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 30calTBLkid:
Originally Posted By Skydivesnake:
Anyone heard from @Mockingbird1836 recently ? Haven't seen any new posts in a while...

No, prolly won't either.
Things happened that one would not want to be associated with. I warned of this early on.
Why wouldn't I be back? I'm here

How goes it? Any issues?
No, all's good! How are you?
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 6:58:42 PM EDT
[#10]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RSG:
From the no shit but way late news

Cloth face masks are 'comfort blankets' that do little to curb Covid spread, Sage adviser warns

Standard face coverings are just "comfort blankets" that do little to reduce the spread of Covid particles, a scientist advising Sage on ventilation has said.

Dr Colin Axon, who has advised the government on minimising the risk of cross-infection in supermarkets, accused medics of presenting a "cartoonish" view of how how tiny particles travel through the air.

He warned some cloth masks have gaps which are invisible to the naked eye, but are 500,000 times the size of viral Covid particles.

"The small sizes are not easily understood but an imperfect analogy would be to imagine marbles fired at builders' scaffolding, some might hit a pole and rebound, but obviously most will fly through," he told The Telegraph.

"Medics have this cartoonised view of how particles move through the air - it's not their fault, it's not their domain - they've got a cartoonish view of how the world is," he said.

"Once a particle is not on a biological surface it is no longer a biomedical issue, it is simply about physics. The public has only a partial view of the story if information only comes from one type of source. Medics have some of the answers but not a whole view

Dr Axon said that medics were "unable to comprehend" the miniscule elements at play, adding: "A Covid viral particle is around 100 nanometres, material gaps in blue surgical masks are up to 1,000 times that size, cloth mask gaps can be 500,000 times the size."

Dr Axon, whose report on ventilation in supermarkets was used by both Nervtag and Sage to aid decisions, says that medics "cannot have it both ways" over asymptomatic spread.

He added: "Not everyone carrying Covid is coughing, but they are still breathing, those aerosols escape masks and will render the mask ineffective."

What boils my blood is I have specific, professional experience with microbial filtration and aseptic handling from my days making products that absolutely, positively, could not have DNA/RNA fragments or plasmids in them.  I was making nucleotides and amidites which are used for things like, oh I dunno maybe PCR and mRNA treatments?  Anyways, very early on (think March 2020) I was trying to explain to people that wearing a surgical mask or cloth mask was akin to trying to stop gnats with a cyclone fence, but much worse, and they were all "okay, you anti-science whacko you need to trust the expurts.".

So all these decades of our grandmas teaching us to cough in our sleeve, or elbow, or to cover our mouth when sneezing, none of that matters?  Just sneeze and cough everywhere, don't try to block it?  I mean, if just breathing into multi-layer masks sprays infected particles out all over the place, well then what's the point?  

Link Posted: 7/20/2021 7:37:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Dinner pic

Brown rice, red beans, green beans, sous vide fillet topped with mushroom gravy.

My endorphins are alive

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 7:45:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By HighDesert6920:
So all these decades of our grandmas teaching us to cough in our sleeve, or elbow, or to cover our mouth when sneezing, none of that matters?  Just sneeze and cough everywhere, don't try to block it?  I mean, if just breathing into multi-layer masks sprays infected particles out all over the place, well then what's the point?  

View All Quotes
From the no shit but way late news

Cloth face masks are 'comfort blankets' that do little to curb Covid spread, Sage adviser warns

Standard face coverings are just "comfort blankets" that do little to reduce the spread of Covid particles, a scientist advising Sage on ventilation has said.

Dr Colin Axon, who has advised the government on minimising the risk of cross-infection in supermarkets, accused medics of presenting a "cartoonish" view of how how tiny particles travel through the air.

He warned some cloth masks have gaps which are invisible to the naked eye, but are 500,000 times the size of viral Covid particles.

"The small sizes are not easily understood but an imperfect analogy would be to imagine marbles fired at builders' scaffolding, some might hit a pole and rebound, but obviously most will fly through," he told The Telegraph.

"Medics have this cartoonised view of how particles move through the air - it's not their fault, it's not their domain - they've got a cartoonish view of how the world is," he said.

"Once a particle is not on a biological surface it is no longer a biomedical issue, it is simply about physics. The public has only a partial view of the story if information only comes from one type of source. Medics have some of the answers but not a whole view

Dr Axon said that medics were "unable to comprehend" the miniscule elements at play, adding: "A Covid viral particle is around 100 nanometres, material gaps in blue surgical masks are up to 1,000 times that size, cloth mask gaps can be 500,000 times the size."

Dr Axon, whose report on ventilation in supermarkets was used by both Nervtag and Sage to aid decisions, says that medics "cannot have it both ways" over asymptomatic spread.

He added: "Not everyone carrying Covid is coughing, but they are still breathing, those aerosols escape masks and will render the mask ineffective."

Well to start, since you asked, most viruses like the flu are generally spread through physical contact with a surface the virus is on. It's not spread via airborne transmission, and falls out of the air quickly if you were to sneeze and spray everywhere. Covid has been shown to linger in the air for a very long time, which makes the majority of masks pointless.

So sneezing into your elbow, a tissue, etc... helps keep you from spewing the flu virus particles across the room onto any nearby surfaces, or at least greatly reduces it. Also avoiding sneezing into your hand keeps you from leaving the virus on anything you touch for a while after sneezing.

On top of all that, it's just pretty fucking disgusting to sneeze all over the place, so I look at it as a win/win.

Link Posted: 7/20/2021 7:57:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Banditman:
Dinner pic

Brown rice, red beans, green beans, sous vide fillet topped with mushroom gravy.

My endorphins are alive

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/126641/Resized_20210720_190559_jpg-2021864.JPG
View Quote

Fuck an aye dude. Looks awsome.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 9:17:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 9:31:20 PM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

That is not the corollary.  You should always cough/sneeze into your sleeve (which lowers the amount of microbes that escape via droplet and lowers velocity so they don't spread as far) and practice good hygiene such as washing your hands regularly.  You should also stay home when you're sick.  Trying to fight a virus that very early on was known to spread primarily by droplet by having everyone put on masks that don't block it, wear them all day while constantly touching their face around the eyes, and then hopefully wash them at least... was/is pants-on-head retarded.

Funny enough, the CDC used to have a "do it in your sleeve" PSA bit that got made into a funny 50s-style video by someone on the internet.  I've tried to find it since, but it was very entertaining.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 9:58:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Long ass article from Buzzfeed () on the Michigan guys and their FBI "buddies".  I haven't read it all but could be interesting.

WATCHING THE WATCHMEN

...The government has documented at least 12 confidential informants who assisted the sprawling investigation. The trove of evidence they helped gather provides an unprecedented view into American extremism, laying out in often stunning detail the ways that anti-government groups network with each other and, in some cases, discuss violent actions.

An examination of the case by BuzzFeed News also reveals that some of those informants, acting under the direction of the FBI, played a far larger role than has previously been reported. Working in secret, they did more than just passively observe and report on the actions of the suspects. Instead, they had a hand in nearly every aspect of the alleged plot, starting with its inception. The extent of their involvement raises questions as to whether there would have even been a conspiracy without them.

A longtime government informant from Wisconsin, for example, helped organize a series of meetings around the country where many of the alleged plotters first met one another and the earliest notions of a plan took root, some of those people say. The Wisconsin informant even paid for some hotel rooms and food as an incentive to get people to come.

The Iraq War vet, for his part, became so deeply enmeshed in a Michigan militant group that he rose to become its second-in-command, encouraging members to collaborate with other potential suspects and paying for their transportation to meetings. He prodded the alleged mastermind of the kidnapping plot to advance his plan, then baited the trap that led to the arrest.

Link Posted: 7/20/2021 10:57:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mariner82] [#17]
Long ass article from Buzzfeed () on the Michigan guys and their FBI "buddies".  I haven't read it all but could be interesting.

WATCHING THE WATCHMEN

...The government has documented at least 12 confidential informants who assisted the sprawling investigation. The trove of evidence they helped gather provides an unprecedented view into American extremism, laying out in often stunning detail the ways that anti-government groups network with each other and, in some cases, discuss violent actions.

An examination of the case by BuzzFeed News also reveals that some of those informants, acting under the direction of the FBI, played a far larger role than has previously been reported. Working in secret, they did more than just passively observe and report on the actions of the suspects. Instead, they had a hand in nearly every aspect of the alleged plot, starting with its inception. The extent of their involvement raises questions as to whether there would have even been a conspiracy without them.

A longtime government informant from Wisconsin, for example, helped organize a series of meetings around the country where many of the alleged plotters first met one another and the earliest notions of a plan took root, some of those people say. The Wisconsin informant even paid for some hotel rooms and food as an incentive to get people to come.

The Iraq War vet, for his part, became so deeply enmeshed in a Michigan militant group that he rose to become its second-in-command, encouraging members to collaborate with other potential suspects and paying for their transportation to meetings. He prodded the alleged mastermind of the kidnapping plot to advance his plan, then baited the trap that led to the arrest.

View Quote
All the same revolting pattern of the Fumbling Bumbling Idiots.  Create crime. Solve the crime they planned and directed.  Get publicity for solving crime.  

Top Men indeed.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 11:01:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By m24shooter:

Yet the media is just about to piss themselves regarding a "resurgence" of new variant cases although hospitals are nowhere near where they were a year in terms of bedspace capacity and the mortality hasn't spooled up either. But hey, they gotta get a little more juice out of the gig.
And a national peds group has just said all students over 2YO should be masked when they return to school regardless of vaccination status.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By m24shooter:
Originally Posted By JPN:

News media seems to be downplaying the TX democrats spreading COVID around DC, and Kamala Harris has no plans to quarantine, even though she was apparently exposed (staff claiming she was not in close proximity to the democrats who have tested positive).

Yet the media is just about to piss themselves regarding a "resurgence" of new variant cases although hospitals are nowhere near where they were a year in terms of bedspace capacity and the mortality hasn't spooled up either. But hey, they gotta get a little more juice out of the gig.
And a national peds group has just said all students over 2YO should be masked when they return to school regardless of vaccination status.

News media may end up not being able to keep ignoring the TX democrats spreading COVID as part of their little stunt to shut down the TX legislature.

Seems the total is now 6 TX democrats testing positive, along with a White House staffer and a member of Pelosi's staff.

Kinda wonder how well Pelosi and Schumer would handle it, if they ended up testing positive.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 11:06:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mariner82] [#19]

News media may end up not being able to keep ignoring the TX democrats spreading COVID as part of their little stunt to shut down the TX legislature.

Seems the total is now 6 TX democrats testing positive, along with a White House staffer and a member of Pelosi's staff.

Kinda wonder how well Pelosi and Schumer would handle it, if they ended up testing positive.
View Quote
BuT tHeY'vE bEeN vAcCiNaTeD!!!!1!  Obviously Drumpf's fault!
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 12:10:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 12:11:37 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 12:35:21 AM EDT
[#22]

No, they are afraid of what the general public might do, if they find out what has been going on.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 12:44:00 AM EDT
[#23]
Here are some other resources to support our patriot prisoners.

http://www.justiceforjanuarysix.com/
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 8:15:30 AM EDT
[#24]

Link Posted: 7/21/2021 9:30:53 AM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

Tx Dems arrived in DC with a case of Miller and left with 6 cases of Corona. Politicians always leave with more than they brought.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 9:31:08 AM EDT
[#26]

Link Posted: 7/21/2021 10:16:27 AM EDT
[#27]
Oh there's a big surprise, Telegram isn't secure.

Link Posted: 7/21/2021 11:15:20 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 1:24:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Razorfist on Maricopa election fraud.

Link Posted: 7/21/2021 1:56:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By DarkStar:

Oh there's a big surprise, Telegram isn't secure.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/733391165159768155/867405186246639667/Screenshot_2021-07-21_08.57.55.png

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/21/2021 2:46:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 3:11:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 4:31:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 5:11:05 PM EDT
[#34]
View Quote

DC is getting a ghetto.  NICE!!!
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 5:38:59 PM EDT
[#35]
View Quote
Everything in that shithole is run by blacks already!
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 6:03:06 PM EDT
[#36]
View Quote

I’m sure that will be nice!
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 6:08:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 6:15:03 PM EDT
[#38]

It has been a very long time since I have seen a radio like that.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 6:21:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Looks like DeSantis has been bought.
https://t.me/disclosetv/3526
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 6:34:37 PM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes

AM rocks. 1360 WSAI!!!!! FM radios in cars. Ha. Thst was an option declined on my family's cars as a kid. We called it am jam. The first, second, and third that car I was allowed to drive had am jam.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 6:48:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Mariner82:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mariner82:

If my memory isn't off, their police department was hiring from the local gangs, back in the 1990s.  Evidence storage was in an unattended warehouse, with no alarm system (regular lock on the door), so guns recovered at crime scenes were effectively laundered by the DC police - gun was logged in, then would disappear from evidence (easy to do, with the lack of security) and be back out on the street with the police being the last record of possession (couldn't tie any old homicides to the person that now had the gun).

ATF stopped releasing the results of their mass tracings of crime scene guns to the public, after their mass tracing of crime scene guns in DC showed that the DC police department was the largest single source of guns in DC.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 6:55:36 PM EDT
[#42]

AM rocks. 1360 WSAI!!!!! FM radios in cars. Ha. Thst was an option declined on my family's cars as a kid. We called it am jam. The first, second, and third that car I was allowed to drive had am jam.
View Quote

My 71 GTX had one. It did not stay in there long though.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 6:55:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By SDVtech:
View Quote

The vaccines are saving lives.  He’s taking the proper path, that if you want a vaccine it is readily available to you.  if you don’t want one, you won’t be forced to.

Link Posted: 7/21/2021 6:58:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By 20229mm:

The vaccines are saving lives.  He’s taking the proper path, that if you want a vaccine it is readily available to you.  if you don’t want one, you won’t be forced to.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 20229mm:
Originally Posted By SDVtech:

Exactly.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 7:02:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Another one: PENCE-IVE - to be hesitant and fearful, esp. when a moment of reckoning comes and your decision affects the final destiny of a country.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 7:03:56 PM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes

What years did you drive the GTX? Car audio was very limited at that time.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 7:14:26 PM EDT
[#47]

What years did you drive the GTX? Car audio was very limited at that time.
View Quote

The one car I wish I never sold.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 7:20:17 PM EDT
[#48]

View Quote

To this day, there are certain songs that only sound right on a single speaker AM radio.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 7:20:30 PM EDT
[#49]
Read this about the Witmer scam.  Sure sounds like a practice run for 1/6.

Here is the FBI agent who helped set up the Witmer scam.    
https://t.co/kYwHDi8lLH?amp=1

Link Posted: 7/21/2021 7:22:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Cecenrse:
Read this about the Witmer scam.  Sure sounds like a practice run for 1/6.

https://images-ext-2.discordapp.net/external/oA-YHTl8fbCfRGq7pRej8qHQ2f3bwufSa8iOV5wcVFg/https/pbs.twimg.com/media/E62o8SkWQAAaN-9.jpg%3Alarge?width=236&height=398
https://images-ext-2.discordapp.net/external/G3aGwb3VsFtxzBbxxagB-Rw7wCE_EYh8Fpvzua3Hewk/https/pbs.twimg.com/media/E62o8yaWEAIPOXX.jpg%3Alarge?width=229&height=398

Here is the FBI agent who helped set up the Witmer scam.    
https://t.co/kYwHDi8lLH?amp=1

View Quote

Do you remember back when this happened there was a guy with a red beard that made a video, who was supposedly involved, with an Anarchist flag in the background??  Could that have been Trask?  I can't remember the face at the moment, but he sure looks familiar to me for some reason.
Page / 5115
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top