Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5112
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 1:59:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Mariner82:
Not that Certain International Actors within our gov have a history of doing exactly that or anything.

Were I King of America, the absolute rule would be "No nation building.  Ever."   We're not just not good at it, we really suck at it.  The Brits and to a lesser degree the French were good at nation building from the 15th to 17th centuries, but look where it got them:  broke and a shadow of their former selves.  The policy for shitholes like AFG should be if their ass needs to be kicked, then kick it thoroughly and GTFO leaving noting behind - not even an unspent 9mm round.  No rebuilding.  If you need your ass kicked, having your country left as rubble is the price.
View Quote

Umm….yes and no.

Nation building works or has potential to work with an educated population.
A Base population with foundational, core education across 50% or better.
Otherwise it is a complete waste of time and resources.

Only thing that brings them in line is the stick. No amount of carrot will change that !

Stick until they cease to exist in numbers to say otherwise or don’t get evolved except to apply stick from the air…until they cease to exist in numbers to say otherwise.

Sounds harsh. It is ! It also solves the the fucking problem for decades.

They only understand the stick. Give it to them !
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 2:39:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Number1gun:

Umm.yes and no.

Nation building works or has potential to work with an educated population.
A Base population with foundational, core education across 50% or better.
Otherwise it is a complete waste of time and resources.

Only thing that brings them in line is the stick. No amount of carrot will change that !

Stick until they cease to exist in numbers to say otherwise or don't get evolved except to apply stick from the airuntil they cease to exist in numbers to say otherwise.

Sounds harsh. It is ! It also solves the the fucking problem for decades.

They only understand the stick. Give it to them !
View Quote
When since just after WWII has it worked?  Pretty much nobody alive today has done it successfully - because we always choose poorly.  Further I'd suggest to you that educated populations don't need any nation building help from us, and uneducated populations neither deserve or want it.
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 2:44:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Poison - Something To Believe In
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 3:16:21 AM EDT
[#4]

Reagan met with the Mujahideen not Taliban.

Fighting for resources in a traditional fashion complete with looting and pillaging versus fighting for a state that would enforce sharia law even to the point of an obsessive preoccupation with the correct length of young men's pubic hair is what distinguishes the original mujahideen from their Taliban nemesis.

CD
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 3:47:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 4:59:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 5:10:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 5:38:24 AM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 8/15/2021 5:42:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 5:51:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 5:53:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 5:55:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 6:00:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 8:32:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 8:36:01 AM EDT
[#15]

Link Posted: 8/15/2021 8:50:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#16]
Live feed of U.S. Embassy showing fires or bombs nearby, just happened 8:45 am est.

Breaking: The Taliban now control every major city in Afghanistan except for the capital, Kabul.
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 9:13:24 AM EDT
[#17]

Commies be commies.  And yes, Russia is still a Communist state, with KGB Putin running it.  And their intel agencies had as much of a hand, if not more, than China did in the events over the last 18 months, including funding Antifa and BLM.
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 9:22:42 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 10:53:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Kabul has fallen.  No fighting, just handed over to the Taliban.

CD
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 11:43:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 11:44:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:

CD
View Quote
I don't have anything good to say about it. Not the cost to our nation in terms of its impact on human life... nothing.
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 11:46:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DarkStar] [#22]

CD
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Edited to add:

Link Posted: 8/15/2021 12:23:10 PM EDT
[#23]

Link Posted: 8/15/2021 1:08:01 PM EDT
[#24]
The medias and Biden's reaction to Afghanistan

Giving my pet Eevee a water stone

Link Posted: 8/15/2021 1:45:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 1:59:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 2:08:51 PM EDT
[#27]
ABBOTT AND COSTELLO’S ‘WHO’S ON FIRST’ ……updated
version.
Bud: ‘You can’t come in here!’
Lou: ‘Why not?’
Bud: ‘Well because you’re unvaccinated.’
Lou: ‘But I’m not sick.’
Bud: ‘It doesn’t matter.’
Lou: ‘Well, why does that guy get to go in?’
Bud: ‘Because he’s vaccinated.’
Lou: ‘But he’s sick!’
Bud: ‘It’s alright. Everyone in here is vaccinated.’
Lou: ‘Wait a minute. Are you saying everyone in there is vaccinated?’
Bud: ‘Yes.’
Lou: ‘So then why can’t I go in there if everyone is vaccinated?’
Bud: ‘Because you’ll make them sick.’
Lou: ‘How will I make them sick if I’m NOT sick and they’re vaccinated.’
Bud: ‘Because you’re unvaccinated.’
Lou: ‘But they’re vaccinated.’
Bud: ‘But they can still get sick.’
Lou: ‘So what the heck does the vaccine do?’
Bud: ‘It vaccinates.’
Lou: ‘So vaccinated people can’t spread covid?’
Bud: ‘Oh no. They can spread covid just as easily as an unvaccinated person.’
Lou: ‘I don’t even know what I’m saying anymore. Look. I’m not sick.
Bud: ‘Ok.’
Lou: ‘And the guy you let in IS sick.’
Bud: ‘That’s right.’
Lou: ‘And everybody in there can still get sick even though they’re vaccinated.’
Bud: ‘Certainly.’
Lou: ‘So why can’t I go in again?’
Lou: ‘I’m not asking who’s vaccinated or not!’
Bud: ‘I’m just telling you how it is.’
Lou: ‘Nevermind. I’ll just put on my mask.’
Bud: ‘That’s fine.’
Lou: ‘Now I can go in?’
Bud: ‘Absolutely not?’
Lou: ‘But I have a mask!’
Bud: ‘Doesn’t matter.’
Lou: ‘I was able to come in here yesterday with a mask.’
Bud: ‘I know.’
Lou: So why can’t I come in here today with a mask? ….If you say ‘because I’m unvaccinated’ again, I’ll break your arm.’
Bud: ‘Take it easy buddy.’
Lou: ‘So the mask is no good anymore.’
Bud: ‘No, it’s still good.’
Lou: ‘But I can’t come in?’
Bud: ‘Correct.’
Lou: ‘Why not?’
Lou: ‘But the mask prevents the germs from getting out.’
Bud: ‘Yes, but people can still catch your germs.’
Lou: ‘But they’re all vaccinated.’
Bud: ‘Yes, but they can still get sick.’
Lou: ‘But I’m not sick!!’
Bud: ‘You can still get them sick.’
Lou: ‘So then masks don’t work!’
Bud: ‘Masks work quite well.’
Lou: ‘So how in the heck can I get vaccinated people sick if I’m not sick and masks work?’
Bud: ‘Third base.’
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 2:14:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 2:15:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By 30calTBLkid:

I made some good friends and killed some bad people. We killed some groups of dudes who were blinding little girls who learned to read, and one group that cut a kids hand off for learning to write.
That dude that got in trouble for beating up that Afghan that was raping boys? That and more was common for a while. It just didn't get found out.
We made a small difference to a small group of people for a small bit of time, and the incompetence of our gov fucked it all off. As usual.
Was it worth the tax payer money and the good lives lost? I don't want to discuss that today, but we probably all know the answer.
View Quote

Notice the similarity to the leftists in this Country. Oligarchy full of pedophiles that want to dumb down our youth by lowering standards again and again.
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 2:16:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 2:26:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 2:29:11 PM EDT
[#32]

Reported.

Sorry... I can't stand her face.
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 2:31:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Thunder900:

Commies be commies.  And yes, Russia is still a Communist state, with KGB Putin running it.  And their intel agencies had as much of a hand, if not more, than China did in the events over the last 18 months, including funding Antifa and BLM.
View Quote

It's interesting because China is no friend of Russia's. Even in the deepest red era.
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 3:14:47 PM EDT
[#34]

Makes perfect sense.

Joe cleared the lane for them so that they can get access to mine the minerals needed to produce the solar panels and EV batteries that we will be forced (by our government) to buy from them in the near future.

Just one more step in us becoming the captive consumer state of the Chinese.

They got our manufacturing
Next is our transportation and energy sector
Then our food once we ban farming and eating meat here in the USA. Gates designed, China made "human chow (now with 20% more Uighers) for everyone".

Link Posted: 8/15/2021 3:22:04 PM EDT
[#35]

The key word in all this is “may.”  The gemstone reserves are proven but a lot of the mineral deposits are speculative.  They are based on educated guesses, but they are still guesses.  

I can only speak from my limited perspective, but I know what kinda support the USGS got from us.

Even if they have huge reserves, you’d have to build up all the infrastructure to get it out.  Then you’d have to bribe all the Afghans to get it out.  Then once you get it to the next country, you’d have a whole new set of officials to bribe.

You’d be better off mining the seabed or trying to capture a meteor.  

Link Posted: 8/15/2021 3:26:29 PM EDT
[#36]

Fighting for resources in a traditional fashion complete with looting and pillaging versus fighting for a state that would enforce sharia law even to the point of an obsessive preoccupation with the correct length of young men's pubic hair is what distinguishes the original mujahideen from their Taliban nemesis.

CD
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

CD

A problem we’ve had since day one is believing anybody we meet with in anyway represents the various people on the ground in Afghanistan.

The people we are negotiating with in Doha could very well end up having no influence over the Taliban on the ground around Kabul.

Link Posted: 8/15/2021 3:31:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 3:36:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 3:40:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 3:48:07 PM EDT
[#40]

That is a handsome firearm.
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 3:50:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 3:57:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By elcope:

Don't tell the State Department that or you'll get the look.
View Quote

When I was in high school I read all the Tom Clancy books.  The State Department characters were all seasoned diplomats/spooks.  They all spoke the local languages and knew the local culture from both professional training and self study.  These characters were well educated and reasoned/practical people who understood both the nuances of diplomacy and how the world really worked.  And they knew how to make the two intersect to achieve real results on the ground that would preserve and promote our nation’s interests.

Then I got older and went to my first country team meeting.

Link Posted: 8/15/2021 4:31:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By DarkStar:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/76255/1970C369-5FD7-4494-87A5-CA591AC04D85_jpe-2053549.JPG

Edited to add:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/733391165159768155/876492339907002368/itbtG1Lp.png

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DarkStar:

CD

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/76255/1970C369-5FD7-4494-87A5-CA591AC04D85_jpe-2053549.JPG

Edited to add:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/733391165159768155/876492339907002368/itbtG1Lp.png

Not reassuring given the value of the US dollar
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 5:23:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By RSG:
View Quote

ANTIFA is learning that the police are there to protect them from the rest of America that wants to be free and left alone (A much larger group than Patriots alone).

When people realize the police won’t protect ANTIFA from We the People, ANTIFA will be Hunted and Destroyed.

For now, for the most part, ANTIFA is still protected.
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 5:35:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By RSG:
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/15/2021 6:02:03 PM EDT
[#46]

Taliban start laughing their ass off when asked about women voting, lol
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 6:16:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Carter had the embassy in Iran. Clinton had Mogadishu. Obama had Benghazi. Now Biden has Kabul.
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 6:45:49 PM EDT
[#48]

That is the ANA Central Supply Depot about 3mi NW of KAIA. The NATO advisors had our own break room building in the center of the coumpound.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AZNetEng:
Unless I'm thinking of a different site, I installed the Telxon wireless inventory there.  Did it have a Conex break room that had a mountain dew cooler and a pinball machine in it?

That is the ANA Central Supply Depot about 3mi NW of KAIA. The NATO advisors had our own break room building in the center of the coumpound.
Ok. Different place.
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 6:53:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Atomic_Ferret:

Makes perfect sense.

Joe cleared the lane for them so that they can get access to mine the minerals needed to produce the solar panels and EV batteries that we will be forced (by our government) to buy from them in the near future.

Just one more step in us becoming the captive consumer state of the Chinese.

They got our manufacturing
Next is our transportation and energy sector
Then our food once we ban farming and eating meat here in the USA. Gates designed, China made "human chow (now with 20% more Uighers) for everyone".

View Quote

Unless I'm badly mistaken, China's new "Silk Road" through it's Belts and Roads program would go thru Tazjekistan and into Afghanistan to follow the length of the country from the East to the almost the far West end of the country too.
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 6:56:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cecenrse] [#50]
Photo purportedly showing the last flight from the United States Embassy, which is carrying the flag.
The Embassy has been seized by the Taliban.

I'm sure that fellow feels a great deal of anger and dismay for the way the withdrawal and collapse occurred. At the same time, an immense amount of pride in himself for hand carrying the symbolic US flag out safely. Even if we are currently disappointed, disgusted, and angry at our current government complicity in lots of horrible events, our nation is beautiful. Our flag is still a matter of pride. This country was birthed and nurtured in the blood of many patriots who died, suffered and many still suffer today. Don't forget the many good folks out there when you see these photos.
Page / 5112
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top