Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5112
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 8:53:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Saw this on Twitter, but it didn’t make the mainstream news.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 10:31:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: djohn] [#2]

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/25/2022 10:35:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: djohn] [#3]
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 10:48:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By evo7011:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Yikes. Just another night in Chicago, unfortunately.

More Chicago news:

Concealed carry holder returns fire, critically wounding carjacker

A concealed carry holder shot and critically wounded an attempted carjacker during an exchange of gunfire Monday morning in the Austin neighborhood.

The 45-year-old man was in his car around 1:27 a.m. in the 5500 block of West Crystal Street when a gunman walked up and started shooting, according to Chicago police.

The concealed carry holder returned fire, striking the suspect once in the upper chest, police said.

The suspect was taken by paramedics to Loyola Hospital where he was listed in critical condition, police said. His gun was also recovered from the scene.

The concealed carry holder was not injured in the shooting. Police said the shooting stemmed from an attempted carjacking.

Link Posted: 8/25/2022 11:35:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By djohn:
It almost seems like various federal law enforcement agencies are posting stuff like this on purpose:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/28207/usmsog_png-2502041.JPG

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/ThatsBait-133.gif
View Quote

Wasn't that the guy who started the shooting, by shooting a dog in front of the dog's owner (who was armed)?
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 11:38:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Mariner82:
How is this not fraud?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mariner82:
"GUNS 4 UKRAINE"

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/28207/Fa4jYx5XoAAoq0t_jpg-2502052.JPG

How is this not fraud?

No question that they are misrepresenting their event, by implying that the collected guns will be shipped to another country where they are needed.
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 11:44:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: djohn] [#7]
Originally Posted By JPN:
Wasn't that the guy who started the shooting, by shooting a dog in front of the dog's owner (who was armed)?
View All Quotes

Yes, according to the New York Times:

Essentially, the jury found that Mr. Harris and Mr. Weaver acted in self-defense in the shooting death of Deputy Federal Marshal William Degan on Aug. 21.

https://www.nytimes.com/1993/07/09/us/rebuking-the-us-jury-acquits-2-in-marshal-s-killing-in-idaho-siege.html

And the LA Times:

Degan was killed in self-defense when he and the other marshals fired the first rounds and provoked the shootout.

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1993-07-09-mn-11558-story.html
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 11:53:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Khonsu:

Is that a pickle Rick sap?
View Quote

Yes. Yes it is.
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 11:58:46 AM EDT
[#9]
View All Quotes

Yes, according to the New York Times:

Essentially, the jury found that Mr. Harris and Mr. Weaver acted in self-defense in the shooting death of Deputy Federal Marshal William Degan on Aug. 21.

https://www.nytimes.com/1993/07/09/us/rebuking-the-us-jury-acquits-2-in-marshal-s-killing-in-idaho-siege.html

And the LA Times:

Degan was killed in self-defense when he and the other marshals fired the first rounds and provoked the shootout.

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1993-07-09-mn-11558-story.html

If my memory isn't off, Randy Weaver wasn't even involved in that initial shootout.  

The dog detected the Marshals, started barking and went toward them.  Harris and Weaver's son followed the dog, to see what had agitated it.  The (now dead) Marshal put a burst into the dog, just as Weaver's son caught up enough to see the dog and the person in camo shooting it.  Weaver's son shot the person that had just shot his dog, and the rest of the team (who the son had likely not yet seen) started firing at Weaver's son and Harris, hitting and killing Weaver's son.  At that point, the person who started the shooting, and the person that had killed the Marshal, were dead, but that led to escalating the incident further, as Harris apparently returned fire (in self-defense) before retreating, and the team initially reported that the first shots fired had killed the Marshal (but could not later explain to investigators how the dead guy had fired something like half a magazine after he died).
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 12:23:03 PM EDT
[#10]
The whole story is outrageous.
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 12:46:24 PM EDT
[#11]
This isn't going the way they thought it would. Looks like a new target for Kyle.

Link Posted: 8/25/2022 12:48:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 12:54:50 PM EDT
[#13]
It almost seems like various federal law enforcement agencies are posting stuff like this on purpose:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/28207/usmsog_png-2502041.JPG

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/ThatsBait-133.gif
View Quote

I hope they aren't getting PTSD from the replies  

Link Posted: 8/25/2022 1:01:22 PM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

He's the guy that the Marshals say murdered Sam Weaver. I don't recall for certain if they also blamed him for shooting Sam's dog, but it seems like they hung the blame for everything they did on the dead guy, and now they're treating the dead guy as a hero. Remember that Kevin Harris did nothing worthy of criminal conviction when he killed that guy.
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 1:05:45 PM EDT
[#15]

lol!!! I love it!
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 1:06:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By PepePewPew:
He's the guy that the Marshals say murdered Sam Weaver. I don't recall for certain if they also blamed him for shooting Sam's dog, but it seems like they hung the blame for everything they did on the dead guy, and now they're treating the dead guy as a hero. Remember that Kevin Harris did nothing worthy of criminal conviction when he killed that guy.
View Quote

Important points. Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 1:15:51 PM EDT
[#17]
just wanted to give an update on my Mom

she had Surgery today and everything went fine. She will spend the next 2 days in ICU.

My Cousin talked to the Nurse since nobody is allowed into the Hospital.

I am very relived that she did not get a colostomy bag. That was one of the worries we had but her Colonoscopy yesterday did not show any damage to her

upper colon.

She will be in the Hospital most likely until the 2nd of September

thank you to everybody for keeping her in your prayers

I really appreciate that

Link Posted: 8/25/2022 1:16:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PepePewPew] [#18]
Fantomas, thanks for the update on your mom, and best wishes for her continued recovery.
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 1:20:38 PM EDT
[#19]

View All Quotes

Part of the problem is that the story from the marshals changed as physical evidence (that conflicted with their previous story) was found.  They have demonstrated that their word is questionable.

Their initial claim was that subjects, that they were supposed to be watching, stumbled onto them and opened fire, killing their team member with the first shots.  The partially empty magazine that was in the dead guy's gun, said otherwise.

Either Weaver's son shot the marshal after seeing him shoot the Weavers' dog, or Harris shot the marshal in the exchange that happened after the dog was shot.  Harris (again, if my memory isn't off) claimed that Weaver's son was shot before Harris himself returned fire.
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 1:21:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Fantomas:

she had Surgery today and everything went fine. She will spend the next 2 days in ICU.

I am very relived that she did not get a colostomy bag. That was one of the worries we had but her Colonoscopy yesterday did not show any damage to her

upper colon.

I really appreciate that

View Quote

Good news.
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 1:23:28 PM EDT
[#21]

upper colon.

I really appreciate that

View Quote

excellent news!
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 1:25:40 PM EDT
[#22]

upper colon.

I really appreciate that

View Quote

Good news. Prost
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 1:35:18 PM EDT
[#23]

upper colon.

I really appreciate that

View Quote

Sounds like things are looking up.  Good to hear.  Be well.
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 1:37:19 PM EDT
[#24]
just wanted to give an update on my Mom...
View Quote

Fantastic
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 1:56:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Good news
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 2:06:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Gopher:
This isn't going the way they thought it would. Looks like a new target for Kyle.

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 2:30:21 PM EDT
[#27]

Part of the problem is that the story from the marshals changed as physical evidence (that conflicted with their previous story) was found.  They have demonstrated that their word is questionable.

Their initial claim was that subjects, that they were supposed to be watching, stumbled onto them and opened fire, killing their team member with the first shots.  The partially empty magazine that was in the dead guy's gun, said otherwise.

Either Weaver's son shot the marshal after seeing him shoot the Weavers' dog, or Harris shot the marshal in the exchange that happened after the dog was shot.  Harris (again, if my memory isn't off) claimed that Weaver's son was shot before Harris himself returned fire.
View Quote

And Kevin Harris, as a random dude I never met, has more credibility in this than all the Marshals on the scene put together, just based on the fact that I never heard of him saying anything that later proved to be demonstrably false.
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 2:34:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Great to hear Fantomas!
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 2:57:45 PM EDT
[#29]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/28207/FawZ0h2XgAEeiqi_jpg-2502205.JPG

View Quote

@Skywarp2203

Somebody photo shop beitodesstrafe head on that guy lol
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 4:06:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By kbi:

@Skywarp2203

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kbi:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/28207/FawZ0h2XgAEeiqi_jpg-2502205.JPG

@Skywarp2203

Link Posted: 8/25/2022 4:47:06 PM EDT
[#31]

upper colon.

I really appreciate that

View Quote

Good news!
Glad was able to avoid the bag. Those are not pleasant.
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 5:16:23 PM EDT
[#32]

I'll check it out. I have been to Als and it's decent, but cash only.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/124501/82D5579C-92BC-413C-A612-87D7365BA239_jpe-2501104.JPG
View Quote
damn it evo....you're killin' me here
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 5:17:24 PM EDT
[#33]
PICKLE RICK!   that's funny as all get out
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 5:22:59 PM EDT
[#34]

upper colon.

I really appreciate that

View Quote
glad to hear it -- hopefully she continues to improve
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 5:25:39 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

It's been a while but wasn't Sammy shot in the back and the dog was killed by an MP5? Then Harris shot the marshal with a Mini 14.
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 5:32:40 PM EDT
[#36]

It's been a while but wasn't Sammy shot in the back and the dog was killed by an MP5? Then Harris shot the marshal with a Mini 14.
View All Quotes

I can't remember if I read anything clarifying where (front or back) Weaver's son was shot.  Harris was later shot from behind (hit in the shoulder?), in the incident where Weaver's wife was shot and killed while holding a 'deadly assault infant'.

Have to wonder about any federal agency that was involved, and willing to (many years later) bring attention to their involvement.
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 5:37:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 5:45:23 PM EDT
[#38]

I can't remember if I read anything clarifying where (front or back) Weaver's son was shot.  Harris was later shot from behind (hit in the shoulder?), in the incident where Weaver's wife was shot and killed while holding a 'deadly assault infant'.

Have to wonder about any federal agency that was involved, and willing to (many years later) bring attention to their involvement.
View Quote

Like I said it's been a while but Bo Gritz used to talk about this on his radio show at great length. He brought out details I had not seen or read anywhere else. The FBI would have killed them all if not for his intervention.
I know, Bo-Bo has become something of a punch line to many on this board.
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 5:53:29 PM EDT
[#39]

I really appreciate that
View Quote

Thanks for the encouraging update!
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 5:54:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By elcope:

Great news.

Did you make it to Berlin yet?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By elcope:

upper colon.

I really appreciate that

Great news.

Did you make it to Berlin yet?

Tuesday is my Flight

Link Posted: 8/25/2022 6:19:22 PM EDT
[#41]

I need one of those.  Not joking.
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 6:30:45 PM EDT
[#42]

Tuesday is my Flight

View Quote

Guten flug
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 6:35:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By stoner01:

Guten flug
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stoner01:

Tuesday is my Flight

Guten flug

danke

Link Posted: 8/25/2022 6:47:41 PM EDT
[#44]

upper colon.

I really appreciate that

View Quote

This is a big hurdle overcome!   Continued prayers for your mum and your family Fantomas.  Really glad to hear she won't need the bag.
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 7:26:05 PM EDT
[#45]

upper colon.

I really appreciate that

View Quote

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 7:34:37 PM EDT
[#46]

Tuesday is my Flight

View Quote
travel safe
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 10:58:25 PM EDT
[#47]

Chicago is still in the lead, but they shouldn't get too complacent in maintaining that lead.

https://www.wkrn.com/news/local-news/nashville/high-school-freshmen-show-up-to-nashville-school-in-stolen-suv/
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 3:42:43 AM EDT
[#48]

upper colon.

I really appreciate that

View Quote

Praying for her recovery.

CD
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 11:53:45 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By BillyDBerger:

I need one of those.  Not joking.
View Quote

Think I got the last one of the run.
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 1:12:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 5112
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top