BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5112
Link Posted: 11/5/2022 3:17:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PepePewPew:

"His actions are not legally or morally justified," Baker said.

View Quote

An argument could be made about whether or not he took it too far, but when you are outnumbered, the other side has already physically assaulted you, and they then chased you down as you ran away (into an area they are not allowed to be), it is legally and morally justified as self-defense.
Link Posted: 11/5/2022 3:20:03 PM EDT
[#2]

I was wrong, the DA didn't drop charges, the Grand Jury told the DA to go fuck himself.
So the DA took the violent counterfeiting bitches to the GJ, and the GJ indicted them.

Women Indicted in Fight With NYC McDonald's Worker

They were indicted by the same grand jury that dismissed charges against the worker who was seen beating them

By Jennifer Peltz • Published December 8, 2011

Two women will face felony charges after fighting with a McDonald's worker who whacked them with a metal rod but later was cleared by a grand jury, prosecutors said Thursday.

Denise Darbeau and Rachel Edwards were indicted by the same grand jury that dismissed charges against employee Rayon McIntosh in the confrontation, which was captured on video by a bystander and was posted online, the Manhattan district attorney's office said.

The charges against the women, one of whom suffered a skull fracture, won't be made public until a Jan. 11 arraignment. Their lawyer, Harold Baker, said he believed they were being charged with burglary.

"The guy that does the beating gets to walk out the door, and the people he beats end up getting charged — it seems backward to me," Baker said.

But McIntosh has said he simply defended himself after Darbeau hit him in the face and both irate women went menacingly behind the counter at a McDonald's in Manhattan's Greenwich Village on Oct. 13.

The woman, both 24, got angry when a cashier inspected a $50 bill they'd presented, a witness testified at a hearing in October. McIntosh, 31, was working as a cook that night but became enmeshed in the dispute as he took some food to the counter.

The video, shot by another customer, shows McIntosh grabbed a metal grill-cleaning tool and hit the women, even after they sank behind the counter to the floor. Darbeau was left with a fractured skull, broken arm and neurological damage, and Edwards' injuries included a serious cut to her face, Baker said.

McIntosh's lawyer, Theodore Herlich, has said the women were trying to get up and McIntosh couldn't be sure what harm they aimed to do to him. Herlich didn't immediately return a phone call Thursday evening.

McIntosh — released in March from about 11 years in prison after pleading guilty to manslaughter — initially was arrested and arraigned on felony assault and weapons charges in the McDonald's fracas. But prosecutors said Dec. 2 that the grand jury had declined to indict him on any charges.

The women, on the other hand, initially were arraigned on misdemeanor trespassing charges.

Baker said they regretted their "inappropriate behavior" at the eatery. But it doesn't compare to McIntosh's conduct, and the grand jury shouldn't have been asked to consider all three cases together, he said.

McIntosh is no longer working at the McDonald's, franchise owner Carmen Paulino said in a statement Thursday. Staffers "work hard to maintain a safe, positive restaurant environment for employees and customers," Paulino added.
Copyright AP - Associated Press

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By zach_:

I missed the dropped charges on the dude. Any mention of the fiddy dollar bill in question?

ETA;Links?

I was wrong, the DA didn't drop charges, the Grand Jury told the DA to go fuck himself.
So the DA took the violent counterfeiting bitches to the GJ, and the GJ indicted them.

They were indicted by the same grand jury that dismissed charges against the worker who was seen beating them

Two women will face felony charges after fighting with a McDonald's worker who whacked them with a metal rod but later was cleared by a grand jury, prosecutors said Thursday.

Denise Darbeau and Rachel Edwards were indicted by the same grand jury that dismissed charges against employee Rayon McIntosh in the confrontation, which was captured on video by a bystander and was posted online, the Manhattan district attorney's office said.

The charges against the women, one of whom suffered a skull fracture, won't be made public until a Jan. 11 arraignment. Their lawyer, Harold Baker, said he believed they were being charged with burglary.

"The guy that does the beating gets to walk out the door, and the people he beats end up getting charged — it seems backward to me," Baker said.

But McIntosh has said he simply defended himself after Darbeau hit him in the face and both irate women went menacingly behind the counter at a McDonald's in Manhattan's Greenwich Village on Oct. 13.

The woman, both 24, got angry when a cashier inspected a $50 bill they'd presented, a witness testified at a hearing in October. McIntosh, 31, was working as a cook that night but became enmeshed in the dispute as he took some food to the counter.

The video, shot by another customer, shows McIntosh grabbed a metal grill-cleaning tool and hit the women, even after they sank behind the counter to the floor. Darbeau was left with a fractured skull, broken arm and neurological damage, and Edwards' injuries included a serious cut to her face, Baker said.

McIntosh's lawyer, Theodore Herlich, has said the women were trying to get up and McIntosh couldn't be sure what harm they aimed to do to him. Herlich didn't immediately return a phone call Thursday evening.

McIntosh — released in March from about 11 years in prison after pleading guilty to manslaughter — initially was arrested and arraigned on felony assault and weapons charges in the McDonald's fracas. But prosecutors said Dec. 2 that the grand jury had declined to indict him on any charges.

The women, on the other hand, initially were arraigned on misdemeanor trespassing charges.

Baker said they regretted their "inappropriate behavior" at the eatery. But it doesn't compare to McIntosh's conduct, and the grand jury shouldn't have been asked to consider all three cases together, he said.

McIntosh is no longer working at the McDonald's, franchise owner Carmen Paulino said in a statement Thursday. Staffers "work hard to maintain a safe, positive restaurant environment for employees and customers," Paulino added.

2011?
Link Posted: 11/5/2022 3:26:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By JPN:

An argument could be made about whether or not he took it too far, but when you are outnumbered, the other side has already physically assaulted you, and they then chased you down as you ran away (into an area they are not allowed to be), it is legally and morally justified as self-defense.
View All Quotes

Baker's job was to legally justify the attacking bitches' actions, but he couldn't do that, because there's no justification.
Therefore he cast aspersions on the victim for winning the fight they started.

Originally Posted By zach_:

2011?

I knew it was years ago, but I could have sworn it was closer to four years than to eleven years.
Link Posted: 11/5/2022 3:26:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Dust ups in restaurants are the norm nowadays.
Link Posted: 11/5/2022 3:34:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Earlier today in Gulfport, Mississippi:

Armed Black self-defense coalition rally for Jaheim McMillan in Gulfport, MS

"No justice, no peace"?

No spice, no care.

Even the protestors were bored:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/5/2022 3:39:59 PM EDT
[#6]

Needs more fryer cleaning rod.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8y2DMdNpAY
View Quote
Cashier:  Honorably acquitted.  He may have done bad shit in the past but he did his time and he has a job.
News reader: Guilty of extreme faggotry.
Link Posted: 11/5/2022 3:49:36 PM EDT
[#7]
An argument could be made about whether or not he took it too far....
View Quote

Only by those who have never seen a black woman fight.  

My favorite is Blender Manager:  
Former McDonald's manager throws blender at customer

Link Posted: 11/5/2022 4:04:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By michigan66:

View All Quotes
An argument could be made about whether or not he took it too far....

And he had two of them attacking him, so I'm leaning toward the he didn't take it too far camp.  If he had stopped sooner, then one of them got up with a firm conviction she was going to show him how badly he had messed up, followed by the other one getting up and rejoining the fight, he might have also ended up in the hospital, with some bad scars as a bonus.
Link Posted: 11/5/2022 4:08:32 PM EDT
[#9]

And he had two of them attacking him, so I'm leaning toward the he didn't take it too far camp.  If he had stopped sooner, then one of them got up with a firm conviction she was going to show him how badly he had messed up, followed by the other one getting up and rejoining the fight, he might have also ended up in the hospital, with some bad scars as a bonus.
View Quote

Given what we've seen in the last decade, McD's needs to make him a traveling consultant.
Link Posted: 11/5/2022 4:16:06 PM EDT
[#10]

Given what we've seen in the last decade, McD's needs to make him a traveling consultant.
View All Quotes

A fry basket, removed from the fryer within the last minute, would be very useful in a self-defense situation.  Just extend it toward the attacker, no requirement to make a thrusting motion to hit them with it, as a simple touch on bare skin will cause intense pain.  Just lightly brushing it against a forearm will cause a nasty second degree burn.
Link Posted: 11/5/2022 4:16:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/5/2022 4:17:16 PM EDT
[#12]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqKmVbT0a9k
View Quote

Twisted Tea blender?
Link Posted: 11/6/2022 3:37:02 AM EDT
[#13]

View Quote

So, what did McD's do to protect its worker McIntosh?
Link Posted: 11/6/2022 11:21:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: djohn] [#14]
At least they're not gluing themselves to paintings

Hundreds of climate activists block private jets at Amsterdam Schiphol

Around 500 climate activists of Extinction Rebellion and Greenpeace (Nederland) are blocking the departure of private jets at the airport of Amsterdam Schiphol, The Netherlands. Some of them have chained themselves to the aircraft. Dutch Marechaussee has started to remove them from the tarmac.
View Quote

The inevitable Benny Hill edit:

Needs more airport crash tender.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/6/2022 12:10:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kbi] [#15]
Venezuelan Migrants Clash With Border Patrol Agents Near El Paso, TX

Link Posted: 11/6/2022 12:13:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By djohn:
At least they're not gluing themselves to paintings

Hundreds of climate activists block private jets at Amsterdam Schiphol

The inevitable Benny Hill edit:

Needs more airport crash tender.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/28207/2010-03-10_Rosenbauer_Simba_8x8_aussen_0-2589732.JPG
View Quote

Or just fire the planes up and taxi them around.
Link Posted: 11/6/2022 12:30:49 PM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/6/2022 12:54:18 PM EDT
[#18]
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/28207/qoGgZda_jpg-2589829.JPG

Over 25 years ago, I was directing a four engine radial to a parking spot, when a photographer suddenly came walking up from behind me and moved to a spot off to my side and a little ahead of me.  Not knowing what the moron was up to and might do next, I immediately gave the signal for an emergency stop, and the pilot locked his brakes.  My tolerance for stupidity around planes wasn't as low as it had gotten a few years later, so I didn't go over and explain to him the error of his ways while his news media cohorts watched from a safer distance, but I probably should have said something.
Link Posted: 11/6/2022 1:11:06 PM EDT
[#19]
View Quote

Vennies are bad news.  They have infested South America; currently, more than 30% of convicts in Chile are Vennies.  Similar situation in Argentina, Ecuador, and Peru.  

They have overrun neighborhoods and have made them uninhabitable for normal folks.  

Those who left Venezuela 10 years ago aren't bad, but the current wave is FSA on steroids:  violent and demanding.
Link Posted: 11/6/2022 9:44:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Things that make you go hmmmmm......

Link Posted: 11/6/2022 11:00:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By elcope:

She need some milk.
View All Quotes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqKmVbT0a9k

She need some milk.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/6/2022 11:23:56 PM EDT
[#22]

Well, I guess that answers the question of what happens when the left is suddenly required to follow the rules.
Link Posted: 11/6/2022 11:51:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Well, I guess that answers the question of what happens when the left is suddenly required to follow the rules.
View Quote

It gets better:

Link Posted: 11/6/2022 11:56:35 PM EDT
[#24]

It gets better:

View All Quotes

It gets better:

Link Posted: 11/7/2022 1:04:06 AM EDT
[#25]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjNZYipAA-g

"No justice, no peace"?

No spice, no care.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/28207/Screenshot_2022-11-05_152931_png-2588658.JPG
View Quote
10-round fixed mag?
Link Posted: 11/7/2022 1:05:38 AM EDT
[#26]

It gets better:

View Quote
troll level: wizard
Link Posted: 11/7/2022 1:25:00 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 11/7/2022 2:39:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#28]
Originally Posted By RSG:
View Quote

Bozo clown, Liar in Chief
If a 5.56 exits a 22" Rem 700 at 3200 fps, show me any "Assault Rifle" where the same cartridge fires at 16,000 fps!!!!
Link Posted: 11/7/2022 2:42:30 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 11/7/2022 6:12:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:

If a 5.56 exits a 22" Rem 700 at 3200 fps, show me any "Assault Rifle" where the same cartridge fires at 16,000 fps!!!!
View All Quotes

Listen Fat, 5.56 assault rifles are bad dudes.
Link Posted: 11/7/2022 8:52:57 AM EDT
[#31]

Where can I find some of these 6k fps quicker faster bullets?
View All Quotes

Well, he is the POTUS. He gets the good stuff.
Link Posted: 11/7/2022 10:37:38 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 11/7/2022 11:28:51 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Hollywood_Shooter:
10-round fixed mag?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Hollywood_Shooter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjNZYipAA-g

"No justice, no peace"?

No spice, no care.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/28207/Screenshot_2022-11-05_152931_png-2588658.JPG
10-round fixed mag?

I'm not seeing the 10 round mag, but I do see an AR with a .22LR mag.
Link Posted: 11/7/2022 11:52:26 AM EDT
[#34]
View Quote

If the cop loses her job, she could always apply for a position with the FAA.
Link Posted: 11/7/2022 11:53:21 AM EDT
[#35]

So, what did McD's do to protect its worker McIntosh?
View Quote

The franchise announced he was no longer in their employ, so nobody would go to that store looking to get even with him. (/sarcasm)
Link Posted: 11/7/2022 12:51:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: michigan66] [#36]
Business employees shot an early morning burglar, then waited more than 2 hours for Chicago police to show up

A Chicago business owner got sick of having his South Side auto shop burglarized, so he and a few employees staked the place out Friday night to see if they could catch a thief red-handed. Prosecutors say they not only caught a burglar but they also shot him, then had to wait more than two hours for Chicago police to show up.

The stakeout of the business in the 300 block of East 69th Street paid off around 3:26 a.m. Saturday, when the employees saw someone cut a hole in the perimeter fence and crawl onto the property, prosecutor Kenneth Flesch said.

Several employees watched as the intruder grabbed a tire rim from the property. Then, they moved in and confronted the man, identified as George Perkins.  

Perkins swung a crowbar at three of the employees, prompting one to pull out a gun and fire shots into the air, Flesch said. But at least one of the bullets went somewhere else — into Perkins’ shoulder.

The shop owner and his employees detained Perkins and called 911 repeatedly. Flesch said police “eventually arrived approximately two hours later.”

Chicago Police Department dispatch audio confirms that CPD’s Grand Crossing (3rd) District had a backlog of calls waiting for service at the time of the incident. A dispatcher first read out the call, classified as a “holding the offender” incident, around 3:27 a.m. It was read out again at 4:51 a.m. Neither reading included any mention of someone being shot.

Finally, around 5:27 a.m., the fire department notified police that they had responded to the business and found someone — apparently Perkins —with a gunshot wound. At that point, a CPD supervisor pulled a patrol unit off of paperwork to handle the call.

The employee who shot Perkins said he fired into the air because Perkins was resisting, Flesch said, but the employee was long gone when police arrived, and no charges have been filed against him.

Perkins’ public defender said he is unemployed and homeless and was merely rummaging through garbage in the alley when everything went wrong. At the age of 53, Perkins has no criminal background. Prosecutors charged him with burglary on Sunday.

Judge Susana Ortiz released Perkins on his own recognizance.

“This is a theft-related type of offense,” Ortiz noted. “No violence here, other than the violence executed against Mr. Perkins.”

“Not that I need to tell you this,” Ortiz warned Perkins, “but I am entering an order that you have no contact with that location, OK?
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/7/2022 8:21:27 PM EDT
[#37]

Link Posted: 11/7/2022 10:07:15 PM EDT
[#38]

View All Quotes

Up Biden's ass apparently
Link Posted: 11/7/2022 10:19:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Everybodygotone] [#39]
View Quote

Ya there's some LE like this just across the state border known for picking on old folks. I'm pretty close to getting banned for speaking unpopular truths so I'll leave it that.

This isn't an isolated incident.

Loveland Police Beat Up, Injure Elderly Woman with Dementia
Link Posted: 11/7/2022 10:28:27 PM EDT
[#40]
12 pages to go. I think when this thread breaks 5K we should all raise a glass or something for the Riot Squad members now looking on from the hereafter.
Link Posted: 11/7/2022 10:39:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Everybodygotone:

Ya there's some LE like this just across the state border known for picking on old folks. I'm pretty close to getting banned for speaking unpopular truths so I'll leave it that.

This isn't an isolated incident.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deLlROkphCw
View Quote

I am aware. That stop was a block away from my folks home.
Link Posted: 11/7/2022 10:52:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By stoner01:

I am aware. That stop was a block away from my folks home.
View Quote

It's the whole county. I could tell more than a few fucked up stories.

Colorado in general has just gone to shit and tomorrow will be more of the same, but I'm preaching to the choir on that one.. my fellow Co expat.
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 12:57:09 AM EDT
[#43]
I'll be honest, I'm fully expecting some kind of mass shooting attack this week. I hope it doesn't happen, but I have that worry that it will.
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 1:37:48 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Stillnothere:
I'll be honest, I'm fully expecting some kind of mass shooting attack this week. I hope it doesn't happen, but I have that worry that it will.
View Quote

If the republicans do well and win enough seats to have a majority in the house and senate, the dems will be chomping at the bit for an opportunity to say "See? We warned you!".
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 1:43:10 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Mariner82:
Cashier:  Honorably acquitted.  He may have done bad shit in the past but he did his time and he has a job.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mariner82:

Needs more fryer cleaning rod.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8y2DMdNpAY

Good beating.
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 1:51:29 AM EDT
[#46]

It gets better:

View All Quotes

It gets better:

The man is a national treasure
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 3:44:31 AM EDT
[#47]

If the republicans do well and win enough seats to have a majority in the house and senate, the dems will be chomping at the bit for an opportunity to say "See? We warned you!".
View All Quotes

The dims have already been setting up the repubs to take the fall on the tanking economy so I wouldn't put it past them.
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 10:46:19 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Action45:

The man is a national treasure
View Quote

At times I like him and at times he's been good for the nation, but ultimately he's still...

My enemy's enemy, not my friend.

I'm no republican, but it will be a cold day in hell before I vote for a democrat.

Link Posted: 11/8/2022 12:14:19 PM EDT
[#49]
View Quote
it's on the calendar....
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 3:20:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Shenanigans happening all over with voting.  Long prison sentences at the least, no excuse again.
Page / 5112
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top