Link Posted: 1/22/2023 5:29:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

I knew I liked you
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 5:32:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By JPN:

In junior high, there was a little guy that hung out with the delinquent crowd.  Struck a lot of us as odd, and kinda reminded me of this:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/64025/spike_and_chester_jpg-2681768.JPG

In this guy's case, the 'Spike' that he tended to follow around was a guy that had beat the crap out of me a couple years earlier.  I was always among the tallest in the class, and had a stocky build, but I did what I could to avoid fights.  'Spike' was about the same size as me, and he refused to back down from a fight once things were headed in that direction.  I quickly learned that his style of fighting was to wildly throw punches as fast as he could, ignoring any punches that were coming his way, and the quickest way to end the fight was to just not get back up after he knocked you down.  He had older brothers that I heard were the same as him, and during my senior year of high school I worked for a guy that had gone to school with their father.  He told me that the whole bunch of them had some genetic defect that prevented them from having any sensation of pain, and that if you got into a fight with their father, your only two options were to lose the fight, or hit him hard enough to knock him unconscious (which, given the lack of pain sensation, would probably involve a TBI).  The little guy seemed to be trying to copy his 'Spike', letting his hair grow to shoulder length, dressing like him, etc, but from what people 'on the outside looking in' could see, he didn't seem to be much more than a mascot or gopher for the delinquents.

We had half lockers in junior high, and mine was an upper locker, a couple lockers away from the little guy.  One day, I was swapping books between classes, and for some reason the little guy started shoving me.  I shoved back, then continued with trying to switch my books for the ones I needed for the next two classes.  The little guy apparently took that as meaning the fight was on, and he came at me swinging in the same style that his 'Spike' fought, except that the height difference meant none of his swings were getting anywhere near my head, and for shots to the torso, they weren't hitting hard enough to really do anything to a person of my size.  I did an open-handed slap to his head, shoved him back, and turned back to my locker.  That apparently pissed him off, and he went wild, leaning forward as he came back at me swinging even faster (the forward lean meant he was hitting even lower, and the increase in wild swinging meant the effectiveness of each hit went down even more).

Looking down the hallway, past the little guy maybe 60 or 70 feet, was the door to the principal's office.  Not the door to the secretary's office, where you walked past her to get to the principal's office, but the side door that allowed him to walk straight from his desk out into the hallway.  This little scuffle was already drawing some attention from other students, and I did not want to be talking to the principal about being in a fight, so I just wanted to get my books and get out of there.  I don't remember how many times he came at me, but I probably didn't do more than a total of four or five open handed slaps at his head, and one of his charges I pushed back with a one-handed shove while grabbing a book with my other hand.  As I recall, the fight ended with me grabbing the little guy with both hands, shoving hard enough to probably come close to getting him airborne, then grabbing my stack of books, shutting my locker, and heading for the door to go out to the portables where my next class was (opposite direction that I had just shoved the little guy).

By the next period, people were walking up to me and enthusiastically telling me they had heard how I had "beat the crap out of" the little guy.  Surprised the hell out of me, because I hadn't even considered it a real fight, just a nuisance scuffle, and hearing how it was being spread around school as a real fight, did nothing but ruin my day over worrying that 'Spike' may decide to even the score for his little buddy (or that the teachers might hear something and start asking questions).  Fortunately for me, it must not have been anything 'Spike' felt he needed to concern himself with.

That little guy is who I was reminded of, while looking at the height and weight information on the antifa guy that was arrested.
View Quote

I have a good friend who is about the same height as antifa guy but heavier/stockier. I can handle my own light 'work', he's my go to for the heavy 'work'.

'It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog'.

Link Posted: 1/22/2023 5:48:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Go Cincy

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 5:52:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: zach_] [#4]

Beverage looks good.
TV and sign wiring done by a drunk customer?
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 5:54:51 PM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 1/22/2023 6:11:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By zach_:

Beverage looks good.
TV and sign wiring done by a drunk customer?
View Quote

Drunk yachti haha
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 6:12:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By stoner01:

View Quote

I’ve been a Bills fan all season….except the day. Cincy is superior.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 6:13:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By ChicagoFoodie:

I’ve been a Bills fan all season….except the day. Cincy is superior.
View Quote

Bandwagon fan. Got it.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 6:17:09 PM EDT
[#9]

Bandwagon fan. Got it.
View Quote

Reeeeee
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 6:17:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 6:22:48 PM EDT
[#11]

Reeeeee
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Bandwagon fan. Got it.

Reeeeee

Who the fuck are you again
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 6:23:58 PM EDT
[#12]

View All Quotes

Bandwagon fan. Got it.

Reeeeee

This.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 6:25:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ChicagoFoodie] [#13]

View Quote

RIP Bills
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 6:26:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By ecgRN:

This.
View Quote

Shit is wild lately and had to change things up
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 6:26:16 PM EDT
[#15]

Evo…

RIP Bills
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/22/2023 6:32:08 PM EDT
[#16]
I don't follow the Sportsball, but that's the way you play a game and earn your money.

Link Posted: 1/22/2023 6:52:52 PM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 6:54:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Fight!
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 6:58:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Not fighting. Y'all enjoy the riots
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 7:00:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ecgRN] [#20]
Oh I do. I do...

Update later. Not riot related, but I'm kinda in a mess.

#cathartic
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 7:02:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Oh I do. I do...

Update later. Not riot related, but I'm kinda in a mess.

#cathaticthread
View Quote

Back issues? Hope you’re ok and won’t require surgery. I was a mess for 6 months.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 7:04:27 PM EDT
[#22]

Prost

Link Posted: 1/22/2023 7:08:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Fantomas:

Prost

View Quote

Ayo! Called it!

Cincy > Everyone!
Attachment Attached File

JK, it will be a miracle if they can beat the 49ers.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 7:17:40 PM EDT
[#24]
View Quote

Fine Aryan specimen...just needs a dueling scar and maybe an eye patch
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 7:21:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By RSG:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FnFkaaDXwAEHE1k?format=jpg&name=smallhttps://pbs.twimg.com/media/FnFk82IXEAIU4Fa?format=jpg&name=small
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/22/2023 7:32:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Go 49ers

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 8:06:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 8:17:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 8:18:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Cycolac:

'It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog'.

View Quote

Sure, but...

Dachshunds were bred to hunt badgers, and having been with a couple of them out in a field that had groundhogs in it, I can say that breeding seems to have been fairly successful.

If a dachshund watches a pit bull fight another dog, then decides "screw being a dachshund, I'm going to be a pit bull", picks a fight with a dog around the same size as a pit bull (but isn't a pit bull), then tries to fight exactly the same way the pit bull did, it doesn't suddenly become a pit bull.  It's still a dachshund, but it has become a dachshund that doesn't have enough sense to realize that it is a dachshund.  It becomes something less than a dachshund, by willfully throwing away what it had as a dachshund.

The antifa tards want us to think they are forming up to carry out some noble fight against oppressors.  They work stuff into their propaganda trying to convince themselves and others that they are following in the footsteps of past revolutionaries.  

Problem is that those past revolutionaries knew what hardship actually was (they had been living it) and were fighting because they had been convinced that the people leading them had a way to make things better - they had been given hope.  For much of the antifa crowd, "hardship" is not being able to log on to social media or having to get up early in the morning.  

Claiming they are like those past revolutionaries, is not going to make up for missing out on a lifetime of getting up early every day and doing manual labor just to get a little food to eat, and somehow turn them into those revolutionaries that might eventually be viewed as faceless heroes by some later generation.  It just makes them annoying tards.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 8:31:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JPN] [#30]
Originally Posted By elcope:
View Quote

Top row, left:
- "Do you know why you are here?"
-- "No, can I leave now?"
- "No."

Top row, middle:
- "Is this where the auditions for the next hobbit movie are being done?  I was told they were making another hobbit movie and I would be perfect for it."

Top row, right:
- "Face the camera."
-- "OK."
- "Turn to the side."
-- "OK."

Bottom row, left:
- "Grandma's not going to find out about this, is she?  I don't want to make her mad and stop sending me money."

Bottom row, center:
- "This is going to make me famous, someday."

Bottom row, right:
- (yelling to someone up front) "Hey, who told Sandra Bullock's cousin that we were holding auditions for a Vulcan role in the next Star Trek movie?"
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 9:20:43 PM EDT
[#31]

Why are we seeing so many females active in ANTIFA? While they may not be the most violent ones they do seem to be the most vocal.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 9:46:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Gopher:

Why are we seeing so many females active in ANTIFA? While they may not be the most violent ones they do seem to be the most vocal.
View Quote

Because of the propaganda value of having cops beat up on girls.

Though I'm on whether Emily's an OEM female.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 9:51:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JPN] [#33]
Originally Posted By limaxray:

Though I'm on whether Emily's an OEM female.
View Quote

It is logical to not draw conclusions from the limited information we have.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 10:09:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 10:34:46 PM EDT
[#35]

It's possible he was from LA.  Seems that the people that were arrested during the raid where he was hit when the police returned fire, were all from out-of-state.

Matthew Ernest Macar, 30, from Pittsburgh
Spencer Bernard Liberto, 29, from Pittsburgh
Sarah Wasilewski, 35, from Pittsburgh
Geoffrey D. Parsons, 20, from Baltimore
Timothy A. Murphy, 25, from Rockport, Maine
Christopher Reynolds, 31, from Dayton, Ohio
Teresa Yue Shen, 31, from Brooklyn, New York

https://thepostmillennial.com/andy-ngo-reports-four-charged-with-domestic-terrorism-following-deadly-shooting-at-atlanta-autonomous-zone
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 10:38:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Seems that the people that were arrested during the raid where he was hit when the police returned fire, were all from out-of-state.
View Quote

But I was repeatedly told that crossing state lines to do stuff was really, really bad.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 10:40:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By djohn:

But I was repeatedly told that crossing state lines to do stuff was really, really bad.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By djohn:
Seems that the people that were arrested during the raid where he was hit when the police returned fire, were all from out-of-state.

Funny how that works, isn't it?
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 11:25:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 7:00:22 AM EDT
[#39]

I said it before that a Tort is a "wrong" so that makes him dead wrong.
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 8:55:22 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 9:06:50 AM EDT
[#41]

Yeah - her "daughter".  Riley is the "daughter's" recently adopted name after deciding to identify as non-binary or trans or something else.

Representative Katherine Clark’s daughter was arrested Saturday in Boston and charged with assault with a dangerous weapon, destruction of personal property, and damage of property using graffiti.

Boston Police referred to the suspect as 23-year-old “Jared Dowell.” In a statement Sunday, Clark referred to her daughter as “Riley.”

Clark, a Revere Democrat and the House Minority Whip, has spoken publicly in the past about having a non-binary child.
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 12:59:13 PM EDT
[#42]
https://www.newsweek.com/tyre-nichols-body-cam-footage-memphis-tennessee-police-1775745

Memphis mayor and police chief have indicated that the video of the excessive use of force incident would be released after the investigation was completed (which happened Friday?) and the family had been allowed to view it.  The family is expected to meet with city officials, today.
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 7:09:33 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Win1300:

Yeah - her "daughter".  Riley is the "daughter's" recently adopted name after deciding to identify as non-binary or trans or something else.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/23/2023 7:28:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 7:56:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Win1300:
View Quote

James Woods and Catturd are the two best follows on Twitter.
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 8:34:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ecgRN] [#46]

Back issues? Hope you’re ok and won’t require surgery. I was a mess for 6 months.
View Quote

X-ray showed bad cervical spine arthritis. Week of roids didn't do much. Scheduled an MRI. I figured it would be a day or three before they looked at it.

I got a call from the doc an hour later. She told me she was sending me to the surgeon. Cord is compressed so bad in places is bruising. She told me NOT TO FALL, more than a few times. I have no pain, just some pretty severe Neuro deficits. Numb tingly finger tips, have to really make my right leg listen when I'm walking.

Surgical consult Wednesday at 0830. I'm out of work for a hot minute. I hope they can fix this, because if they don't, I can't work again. At least not doing what I do.

Edit: phone and fingers arent playing well together
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 9:49:08 PM EDT
[#47]

X-ray showed bad cervical spine arthritis. Week of roids didn't do much. Scheduled an MRI. I figured it would be a day or three before they looked at it.

I got a call from the doc an hour later. She told me she was sending me to the surgeon. Cord is compressed so bad in places is bruising. She told me NOT TO FALL, more than a few times. I have no pain, just some pretty severe Neuro deficits. Numb tingly finger tips, have to really make my right leg listen when I'm walking.

Surgical consult Wednesday at 0830. I'm out of work for a hot minute. I hope they can fix this, because if they don't, I can't work again. At least not doing what I do.

Edit: phone and fingers arent playing well together
View Quote

I have had back issues on and off since high school football and college rugby.  Over 15 years ago I moved some furniture and re-injured it.  Dr sent me to an orthopedic.  Ortho looked at x-rays and said you've got a compressed disk and best bet is to remove it and fuse the vertebrae.  I said thanks think I will get a second opinion.  Looked up chiropractors in my area and blindly picked one.  It took a few weeks of 3x weekly appointments before I began to feel better but ultimately the chiro eliminated all pain I had been experiencing.  Initially I still went 1 or 2 times a month but after a year a two stopped going except when something starts to bother me.  

TLDR - I'd consider exploring some alternate options before undergoing back surgery.
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 9:50:32 PM EDT
[#48]
I think I'm at a point where there is no other options. I'll know more Wednesday.
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 11:04:47 PM EDT
[#49]
I think I'm at a point where there is no other options. I'll know more Wednesday.
View Quote

I’ll be praying for good news. Stay strong!
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 11:19:24 PM EDT
[#50]
View Quote

good luck

Page / 5114
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top