Link Posted: 2/21/2021 2:13:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 2:20:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 2:21:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SHIKON:

The Head East video brought back a lot of memories. Thank you!
View Quote

Ditto!

If we did Head East, gotta do Nazareth

Link Posted: 2/21/2021 2:27:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Strykewolf:
A long time gone...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjuEXKwnkLE
View Quote

I have a lot of history with that song.   Gonna skip it tonight
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 2:28:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 2:30:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By adobewalls:

Ditto!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah2DXMvcygw
View Quote

if you're gonna do Hair of the Dog, I'll take the slightly edgier Brittany Fox version
Britny Fox - "Hair of The Dog"

Link Posted: 2/21/2021 2:30:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By adobewalls:

Ditto!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah2DXMvcygw
View Quote

Hell yeah!

She seems fun.

I'll bein my bunk
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 2:32:33 AM EDT
[#8]

Back in the day, for me, was Dad's reel-to-reel.   And, every day since then.  

Grew up loving that song, and others.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1Ufc2hI4FM
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stater61:

Sometimes I wonder about you.

Good tune.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnnHprUGKF0

I loved that song back in the day 👍

Back in the day for me was when I was young. I love me some Johnny Horton he had a lot of great songs I thought, “Whispering Pines” was one of my favorites.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 2:38:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Hollywood_Shooter:

View All Quotes
A long time gone...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjuEXKwnkLE

Many tears with that one.

Don't blame you on that.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 2:40:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Cecenrse:

Frankly, I've seen (and caused) enough death that I am usually prone to watch these videos only one time. I BELIEVED (though still not sure and haven't seen an autopsy report) she was shot in the left upper shoulder, piercing either the aorta or the apex of the heart the only time I deigned to watch it. If I am correct, no triage would have done anything for her. She continued to have semi purposeful movement for a second or two, from what I remember, then went into posturing. My assessment is she was DRT, no matter if she would have had a cardiothoracic surgeon at her side.

Moving on, the people with her were a totes cluster fuck. However, I'm pretty sure that some of that group were democrat instigators and really didn't give a crap about her or anyone else. I am very disappointed that the Capitol police did not respond in a different manner, both to the general situation and to Ashli getting shot. I saw very little professionalism, but that's just my opinion.

EDIT:  This should make it obvious how badly some people need stop the bleed classes, and to carry a blow out kit where ever you go. Even though I think this was just a lucky kill shot, a luck shot still means DRT for Ashli. The most important thing though, is to have better situational awareness and not be where you shouldn't be, unless you are armed and prepared to shoot first. Be prepared, armed and your mind made up before you go in. Practice your draw and be ready. Know I'm preaching to the choir here, but you asked.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ezel:

True, but not necessarily the point. His assertion implies the false premise you see in (most) material targeting light sporter rifles...that it's "dangerous" because of it's association with military deployment.

"Assault rifles" (whatever those are) are suitable for a soldier precisely because they're in a lightweight caliber suitable for a wide variety of duties. Personal defense inside the 300m envelope is foremost there, followed by establishing base of fire. Even a section of M1903 rifles volleying as fast as they can would be able to do the above (albeit less efficiently), yet would produce wounds far less survivable than that inflicted by a 5.56 projectile.

Truly "high powered" cartridges like .30-06 went the way of the dodo in military service because their large kinetic energy and size were wasted. The general public doesn't realize that aimed rifle fire isn't really what kills droves of people in combat.

This isn't going to be a popular post, I think, but it is my duty to RS. We do this yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBhzqV_C9-Y

Guy is a bit annoying, goes into autistic detail on some of the wrong gestures IMO but otherwise has a compelling analysis.

I had thought at first that Ashli Babbitt took a spinal shot and just fizzled from that--I've seen bullets ricochet off peoples' vertebrae and stun their motor functions temporarily. Yet that doesn't explain the lack of excess blood...or the lying witnesses.

@Cecenrse Curious what you make of this, or FCSD or anyone else with a medical/first responder profession. Does this look like good triage or SOP? I'm doubtful. No one is even trying to stop blood flow that I saw.

tl;dr What if even the shooting wasn't crappy policing, but part of the deliberate infiltration we witnessed?

Frankly, I've seen (and caused) enough death that I am usually prone to watch these videos only one time. I BELIEVED (though still not sure and haven't seen an autopsy report) she was shot in the left upper shoulder, piercing either the aorta or the apex of the heart the only time I deigned to watch it. If I am correct, no triage would have done anything for her. She continued to have semi purposeful movement for a second or two, from what I remember, then went into posturing. My assessment is she was DRT, no matter if she would have had a cardiothoracic surgeon at her side.

Moving on, the people with her were a totes cluster fuck. However, I'm pretty sure that some of that group were democrat instigators and really didn't give a crap about her or anyone else. I am very disappointed that the Capitol police did not respond in a different manner, both to the general situation and to Ashli getting shot. I saw very little professionalism, but that's just my opinion.

EDIT:  This should make it obvious how badly some people need stop the bleed classes, and to carry a blow out kit where ever you go. Even though I think this was just a lucky kill shot, a luck shot still means DRT for Ashli. The most important thing though, is to have better situational awareness and not be where you shouldn't be, unless you are armed and prepared to shoot first. Be prepared, armed and your mind made up before you go in. Practice your draw and be ready. Know I'm preaching to the choir here, but you asked.

Although having been a NMSP and a city police officer along as an EMT ages ago I’m definitely no authority but agree with your assessment whole heartedly.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 2:40:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 2:40:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Yello - Oh Yeah (Official Video)
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 2:42:07 AM EDT
[#13]

this guy is just a re-tread of arguments that have already been proven wong.   Dude needs to be throat punched
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JPN:

If you had read farther, you would have learned that being able to shoot out to 500 yards, with a tiny little bullet, is just too devastating a weapon to allow civilians to own.

this guy is just a re-tread of arguments that have already been proven wong.   Dude needs to be throat punched

There's some guy (supposedly a Marine) arguing in support of him, claiming that all you need for home defense, is a shotgun, either 12 gauge or 18 gauge.  A woman replied that she agreed with that, since she used to own a Savage 24 and thought it was perfect for home defense.

It's to the level that you keep reading, just to see if they can top the ignorance that they have already tweeted.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 2:43:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 2:43:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 2:45:57 AM EDT
[#16]

Back in the day for me was when I was young. I love me some Johnny Horton he had a lot of great songs I thought, “Whispering Pines” was one of my favorites.
View All Quotes

Sometimes I wonder about you.

Good tune.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnnHprUGKF0

I loved that song back in the day 👍

Just for you, then.  Though I find it a good, melancholy tune.  

Whispering Pines - Johnny Horton
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 2:53:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 3:00:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 3:05:38 AM EDT
[#19]

Just for you, then.  Though I find it a good, melancholy tune.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkrfvjrr1Yk
View Quote

Awesome!!!
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 3:05:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Gene Pitney - (The Man Who Shot) Liiberty Valance
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 3:06:24 AM EDT
[#21]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzICMIu5zFY
View Quote

More awesomeness 👍
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 3:36:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Where did the USA's backbone go?

Johnny Horton - North to Alaska (Official Audio)

Seven years up there, you can do worse.  
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 3:39:31 AM EDT
[#23]
Likes Trump and guns. Talks shit to woketards. And... he's selling a lot of records/concert tickets.
Making money because there's a lot of young folks like him in rural America.  
Hick-hop ain't my jam, but good for him.

Link Posted: 2/21/2021 4:21:41 AM EDT
[#24]
I just had an 'episode'.

I couldn't breathe, at all...in the middle of coughing.   I was just coughing some crap up, to spit out. Went to spit, involuntary inhale.  And, well...wheeeeeeeeee

Next thing I know, I cannot breathe...at all.    I try to inhale, coughing....as I cough  I know what is happening, and am trying to alter the equation.  

Finally I get one clearing cough out...and can breathe again.

Family is not happy.  I woke them up.

Link Posted: 2/21/2021 4:30:24 AM EDT
[#25]
Battle of New Orleans, In 1814
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 5:24:24 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 5:39:58 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 5:44:31 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 6:23:34 AM EDT
[#29]
I just had an 'episode'.

I couldn't breathe, at all...in the middle of coughing.   I was just coughing some crap up, to spit out. Went to spit, involuntary inhale.  And, well...wheeeeeeeeee

Next thing I know, I cannot breathe...at all.    I try to inhale, coughing....as I cough  I know what is happening, and am trying to alter the equation.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bE6K6_u4DA

View Quote

Yea, I brush my teeth twice aday too....
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 8:40:47 AM EDT
[#30]
View Quote

Their kid will grow up with Waffen SS recruiting posters on the wall to spite them.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 8:42:10 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Scoobysmak:

That guy ate the wrong box of crayons...they were fucking magic markers dip shit....

I feel ashamed to be associated....
View Quote

He was probably the shitbird of the Supply Company.  
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 8:53:51 AM EDT
[#32]
One of my favorite songs.

Jamey Johnson - In Color (Official Video)

Link Posted: 2/21/2021 9:07:23 AM EDT
[#33]
So much for unity...

https://nypost.com/2021/02/20/nyc-ice-skaters-fume-at-de-blasio-for-closing-rinks-to-punish-trump/

Skaters at Central Park’s two rinks are devastated that this weekend will be their last on the ice this season — and angry at Mayor de Blasio for closing the Trump-run rinks early to spite his political nemesis.

The Post broke the news Saturday that Lasker and Wollman rinks will shut down Sunday, six weeks ahead of their typical April closing dates.

Last month, Hizzoner announced he was nixing the city’s contracts with the Trump Organization, alleging then-President Trump had encouraged rioters to storm the Capitol.

Trump’s business group, run by his sons Donald Jr. and Eric, has operated the rinks for more than 30 years.

Skaters hitting the ice Saturday told The Post that they felt like pawns in de Blasio’s political game.

“The real people they’re hurting are the 2,500 children that have been benefiting from the skating program this season and 250 innocent employees who have been keeping this going for us,” said Lee Krausner, 49, while watching her two daughters skate.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 11:48:34 AM EDT
[#34]
I just had an 'episode'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bE6K6_u4DA

View Quote

dude.  glad you're still among us.   MUCINEX
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 12:51:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By michigan66:

Their kid will grow up with Waffen SS recruiting posters on the wall to spite them.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By michigan66:

His parents are the waffen ss
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 12:58:38 PM EDT
[#36]
SABATON - Fields of Verdun (Official Music Video)

Fields of Verdun – The Battle of Verdun – Sabaton History 010 [Official]
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 1:18:25 PM EDT
[#37]
View Quote

^^^^   Post whore extraordinaire......LOL

Link Posted: 2/21/2021 1:26:52 PM EDT
[#38]

That guy ate the wrong box of crayons...they were fucking magic markers dip shit....

View Quote

I won't hold that diatribe of stupidity against you.

If you start preaching that crazy talk, you become fair game though.  
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 1:44:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Well finally home from my funeral trip....

It was expected, just not that fast.  It was a really good friend's Mom from the USMC.  I used to travel with him home to 96 holiday weekends since my house was out of the allowed travel range.  Known her for 20+ years.  She had smoked since she was 16, died at 67.  Lung cancer took her out.  I feel bad but then again life choices do have consequences.  The found the cancer about 2 weeks before she passed.  We believe she knew or had a clue at least 6 months before hand.  She had several minor heart attacks and one of them they gave her a MRI or CT scan and noticed a spot on her lungs.  She had pneumonia at the time so she claimed it was that and disregarded it (personally I think denial at this point).  The doctors told her to get it checked out but she never did.  They gave her antibiotics to cure the pneumonia it but told her she had to quit smoking for the drugs to work, she never quit.

She fell several times over the past few months because she got weak.  Finally she fell and broke her wrist and had another heart attack that sent her to the hospital.  They did multiple test on her and did a biopsy, large cell lung cancer.  She was now creating more fluid than they could drain at this point.  She was on like almost pure O2 and could only maintain 92% O2 level with that.  Doctors talked and didn't know how to handle it.  Her heart was not strong enough to start cancer treatments or surgery but she was not strong enough to handle exercise to get stronger.  They had to make the choice for Hospice because anything they did she probably wouldn't make it anyway.  Hospice has a restriction on how much O2 they are allowed to give.  Not sure the number but it was less than half the amount she was on.  She made it 4 hours after the reduction of O2 waiting to be transported to the Hospice location.  

Link Posted: 2/21/2021 1:45:59 PM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes

Well they did tells us its always that 10% that makes everyone else look bad...
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 1:57:01 PM EDT
[#41]

It was expected, just not that fast.  It was a really good friend's Mom from the USMC.  I used to travel with him home to 96 holiday weekends since my house was out of the allowed travel range.  Known her for 20+ years.  She had smoked since she was 16, died at 67.  Lung cancer took her out.  I feel bad but then again life choices do have consequences.  The found the cancer about 2 weeks before she passed.  We believe she knew or had a clue at least 6 months before hand.  She had several minor heart attacks and one of them they gave her a MRI or CT scan and noticed a spot on her lungs.  She had pneumonia at the time so she claimed it was that and disregarded it (personally I think denial at this point).  The doctors told her to get it checked out but she never did.  They gave her antibiotics to cure the pneumonia it but told her she had to quit smoking for the drugs to work, she never quit.

She fell several times over the past few months because she got weak.  Finally she fell and broke her wrist and had another heart attack that sent her to the hospital.  They did multiple test on her and did a biopsy, large cell lung cancer.  She was now creating more fluid than they could drain at this point.  She was on like almost pure O2 and could only maintain 92% O2 level with that.  Doctors talked and didn't know how to handle it.  Her heart was not strong enough to start cancer treatments or surgery but she was not strong enough to handle exercise to get stronger.  They had to make the choice for Hospice because anything they did she probably wouldn't make it anyway.  Hospice has a restriction on how much O2 they are allowed to give.  Not sure the number but it was less than half the amount she was on.  She made it 4 hours after the reduction of O2 waiting to be transported to the Hospice location.  

View Quote

Sincerely sorry for your loss. Extend my condolences to your friend on the loss of his mom. I lost my mother abruptly when she was 65 due to a AMI. I miss her everyday, despite our differences. Some pain never goes away.

Glad you're home safe.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 2:02:37 PM EDT
[#42]

Link Posted: 2/21/2021 2:03:29 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

Im sorry to hear about your friend Scoobs.

Link Posted: 2/21/2021 2:03:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 2:04:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 2:07:24 PM EDT
[#46]

Looks like the KKK.

Do people even think about history at all?

Link Posted: 2/21/2021 2:11:28 PM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

again sorry for your loss, and fuck those rules.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 2:18:06 PM EDT
[#48]

Looks like the KKK.

View Quote

These folks are mentally ill idiots
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 2:25:49 PM EDT
[#49]

Looks like the KKK.

View Quote

That will surely work.

Shit that scares me.

Link Posted: 2/21/2021 2:26:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hollywood_Shooter] [#50]
HD AEROSMITH NO MORE NO MORE

so nice I do it twice

Aerosmith Live Donington 2014 No More No More

Page / 5111
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top