[Last Edit: SheltiePimp] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SheltiePimp:
The next two week[s] are going to suck.

Alliances will be decided.

Friends will be quickly forged.

Then war.

View Quote

I really hope the the gravity of the political situation that I try to explain in my posts get through.

Diplomacy is only way out (sorry for the edit).
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 7:27:43 PM EDT
[#2]

Then war.

View Quote

Roger That.  Everyone with a grudge or cause is going to go balls-to-the-wall between now and January.  South China Sea and the Sea of Japan are about to get really sporty!
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 7:35:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
View Quote
Does Washington want that?  I don't think they want to be approving specific Russian target lists, they see it as involving the US too directly in strikes.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 7:40:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Mal_means_bad:
Does Washington want that?  I don't think they want to be approving specific Russian target lists, they see it as involving the US too directly in strikes.
View Quote
I know right. Give them the tools and let them defend themselves.

That said, I suspect targeting data and intel is a nice bonus to get when you can.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 7:42:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HIPPO] [#5]
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 7:46:03 PM EDT
[#6]
shitting BRICS
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 7:47:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 7:49:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Flogger23m:

The APC shortage in Russia must be getting serious if they're using tank chassis as makeshift APCs along with motorcycles.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

The APC shortage in Russia must be getting serious if they're using tank chassis as makeshift APCs along with motorcycles.

The effective APC shortage is serious.

The T-80 platform would make a great APC.  The issue is once the Russkis load their APC's up with fuel & ammo, they go KA-BLAMMO when hit.

This T-80 armored barn 'could' get people delivered to near assault locations, as long as they don't load it up with explosives and fuel.

But that is exactly is going to happen for resupply runs...  Oh well.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 8:03:20 PM EDT
[#9]
uno reverse
View Quote

It makes sense considering he’d been publicly wanted for a while and willfully flew to France for no know. reason.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 8:04:07 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

Hopefully it’s a fake list so when the U.S. leaks it to Russia they divert resources to them and not the real targets.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 8:04:56 PM EDT
[#11]
I think South Africa had a very advanced BioWeapons program that may have included smallpox.

Originally Posted By ERNURSE:

They shouldnt have any smallpox, the only three nations that kept any were the UK, they burned theirs up, Frussia and the US. After the fall of the soviet union we were astonished at what biological weapons they had cooked up. Let alone the appalling conditions in which they were stored. There were rumors of smallpox production in Iraq, but we ruled it out. That would be hbeyonbd a red line and would have huge ramifications. Just speaking from almost 40 years in WMD, NBC etc.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jaehaerys:
Originally Posted By fike:
North Korea has released pictures of them apparently testing new drones that look suspiciously like the Iranian Omid (a copy of the Israeli Harop) and the Lancet, probably the Iranian copy. Assuming this is real, this would be the first evidence of technology transfer to the North Koreans since they began providing assistance to Russia. I think this might be a cheeky way for the Russians to transfer weapons and technology - plausible deniability and saying it was actually just the Iranians, who have a long-standing relationship with the Norks. I don't think this is necessarily a paradigm shift, but drones are significantly cheaper than the missiles the North Koreans continue to pump out. In a potential war with South Korea, the North Koreans would use these as a cheaper, additional option for attempting to overwhelm South Korean air defenses. Drones could be part of a strike package against high value targets like bases, airfields, fuel depots, ammunition dumps, etc. with the hope that some get through during the confusion whilst wasting air defense munitions that could be otherwise spent other targets like cruise missiles and ballistic missiles.

It’s a two way street.

For sure, and to be honest, the North Koreans were never going to largely rely on a missile barrage. Their entire game is artillery. There are thousands of guns pointed at Seoul that, while certainly shooting ammunition of highly questionable quality, will be just as impossible to intercept. I also highly doubt that the Norks have the data infrastructure and capital necessitated to really bring a force of drones to bear. I'll also just kind of short circuit the discussion entirely by saying that the Norks have dozens of nukes (maybe close to 60 now?), and only a small percentage of them have to work. If memory serves, they also have weaponized anthrax and small pox, plus a ton of Sarin and VX. The US/ROK dread the thought of a war and have since the last one ended, because renewed hostilities there have the potential to get really nasty, really quick.

They shouldnt have any smallpox, the only three nations that kept any were the UK, they burned theirs up, Frussia and the US. After the fall of the soviet union we were astonished at what biological weapons they had cooked up. Let alone the appalling conditions in which they were stored. There were rumors of smallpox production in Iraq, but we ruled it out. That would be hbeyonbd a red line and would have huge ramifications. Just speaking from almost 40 years in WMD, NBC etc.

Link Posted: 8/26/2024 8:07:14 PM EDT
[#12]

I really hope the the gravity of the political situation that I try to explain in my posts get through.

View All Quotes

Then war.

Diplomacy is only one tool in the hands of national governments. Hence the DIME acronym. Diplomacy alone is failure and death.

I'll look forward to reading your analysis.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 8:13:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 8:16:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By GBTX01:
I think South Africa had a very advanced BioWeapons program that may have included smallpox.

View All Quotes

Originally Posted By fike:
North Korea has released pictures of them apparently testing new drones that look suspiciously like the Iranian Omid (a copy of the Israeli Harop) and the Lancet, probably the Iranian copy. Assuming this is real, this would be the first evidence of technology transfer to the North Koreans since they began providing assistance to Russia. I think this might be a cheeky way for the Russians to transfer weapons and technology - plausible deniability and saying it was actually just the Iranians, who have a long-standing relationship with the Norks. I don't think this is necessarily a paradigm shift, but drones are significantly cheaper than the missiles the North Koreans continue to pump out. In a potential war with South Korea, the North Koreans would use these as a cheaper, additional option for attempting to overwhelm South Korean air defenses. Drones could be part of a strike package against high value targets like bases, airfields, fuel depots, ammunition dumps, etc. with the hope that some get through during the confusion whilst wasting air defense munitions that could be otherwise spent other targets like cruise missiles and ballistic missiles.

It’s a two way street.

For sure, and to be honest, the North Koreans were never going to largely rely on a missile barrage. Their entire game is artillery. There are thousands of guns pointed at Seoul that, while certainly shooting ammunition of highly questionable quality, will be just as impossible to intercept. I also highly doubt that the Norks have the data infrastructure and capital necessitated to really bring a force of drones to bear. I'll also just kind of short circuit the discussion entirely by saying that the Norks have dozens of nukes (maybe close to 60 now?), and only a small percentage of them have to work. If memory serves, they also have weaponized anthrax and small pox, plus a ton of Sarin and VX. The US/ROK dread the thought of a war and have since the last one ended, because renewed hostilities there have the potential to get really nasty, really quick.

Prior to 1981, SA had a very arduent NBC program, mainly focusing on things like Plague, Cholera, botulism and of course Nerve agents. It was never proven to be used in conflicts, but who really knows. Hell we all have a watered down version of Sarin in our houses. Ever wondered why Raid kills shit dead right there. Its an organophosphate like the nerve agents of old. Africa was a huge endemic cauldron of smallpox and other bugs, The story of how smallpox was eradicated is a very intersting read. But luckily no smallpox program.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 8:28:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By RUM:

$20 says Putin has the current Admin over a barrel with some bullshit they pulled to keep Trump out of office. If they send long range missiles to UKR said info will pop up about current admin and endanger their election chances.

Power above all else
View Quote

I've been saying this since before the invasion. I also think Ukraine has enough dirt of Xiden also to keep the trickle of aid coming. Xiden et al must be walking quite a tightrope.

Also probably not involving the 2020 election but all the grift before. Xiden got 3 million from the wife of the mayor of Moscow. I'm sure Hunter got a few bills for keeping a bunch of oligarchs off the sanctions list.

Who knows, just a theory of mine...
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 8:29:28 PM EDT
[#16]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

Didn’t Israel do the same with old Sherman’s and captured T something or other?
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 8:31:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

The US has to stop being the world's policeman! We have our own troubles to sort out! America first, leave everyone else alone until we sort out our own stuff! We're broke!
View Quote

Most don't want a US Policeman...they just want to borrow our cuffs for a minute. But escalation so...
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 8:33:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Saltwater-Hillbilly:

IF you can find a sucker to take that bet, it will be the easiest $20 you ever earned!  I'd be willing to bet that it is not just Biden among US politicians/elites who sold their soul to Vlad either!
View Quote

Including Republicans. And not necessarily bought off by Putin himself but all those billionaire oligarchs with western interests, wanting to avoid the sanctions lists...
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 8:34:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Easterner:

Looks like they got a hotel in Kryvyi Rih.

"Hitting a hotel with people in Kryvyi Rih

Photo from Russian channels

Send news to @dnepr_infobot
👉 SUBSCRIBE"

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/IMG_20240827_001636_628_jpg-3305497.JPG
View Quote

Should be another Tomahawk delivered to the UA for that. But escalation...
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 8:42:03 PM EDT
[#20]
This is the third militant turned loose in November that has attacked Israelis and been killed.  There are like many more who haven't been gunned down (yet).

Palestinian media report that among the dead in the IDF drone strike in Nur Shams is Jibril Jibril, a Hamas member who was released by Israel in a November deal with the terror group.

The deal saw Israel release Palestinian terror convicts and detainees, mostly from the West Bank, in exchange for Israeli civilians abducted by the terror group on October 7.

Jibril had been jailed for hurling explosive devices, stone throwing, and being a member of Hamas.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

The IDF publishes several infographics which it says show Hezbollah rocket launch sites used in yesterday's attack on northern Israel.

Some 230 rockets and about 20 drones were fired in the attack. Israeli officials say that Hezbollah planned to fire hundreds more, and the IDF's preemptive strike took out more than half of the intended threats.

According to the IDF, 90% of the rockets launched yesterday morning were fired from civilian areas.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Daily Update, August 26, 2024 - 14:00 - Northern Arena

1. Over the past 24 hours, Hezbollah has claimed responsibility for one attack against Israel using suicide UAVs.

2. Additionally, a UAV was intercepted in the Jordan Valley this morning, which apparently crossed from Syrian territory. Responsibility for this event has not been claimed.

3. Yesterday (August 25), at around 4:30 AM, the IDF launched a preemptive strike aimed at thwarting a massive launch of missiles and rockets by Hezbollah toward northern and central Israel, in response to the assassination of Fuad Shakar in Beirut on July 30. Thousands of missiles loaded into launch tubes were positioned in southern Lebanon and more than 40 missile-loaded launching tubes were attacked by about 100 IDF fighter jets.

4. About an hour later, Hezbollah fired over 200 Grad rockets and around 20 suicide UAVs across northern Israel, most of them targeting civilian areas in the Western Galilee, Upper Galilee, and the Golan Heights, which are not evacuated. According to Hezbollah.

5. Additionally, the IDF strikes in Lebanon resulted in the death of an Amal movement operative in Khiam and two Hezbollah operatives in the At-Tiri area.  (Amal is a militant movement made up mostly of Shia ; it was founded in 1974, 8 years before Hezbollah.)

6. This morning (August 26), it was reported in Lebanon that there was an attack on a vehicle in Sidon, in which it is believed that Omar Kheiri, a senior Hamas figure, was present and apparently only sustained injuries from the attack.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Article mentioned in post:
The terrorist groups attacking Israel, particularly Hamas, are turning to the use of explosive devices and booby traps increasingly. This is true in Gaza and also in the West Bank.

On Sunday, the IDF said St.-Sgt.-Maj. (res.) Shlomo Yehonatan Hazut was killed in Gaza by an explosive device hidden on a road. The IDF had cleared the area, but the terrorists were still able to carry out the attack. This illustrates the growing threat of explosive devices and booby traps. These types of devices are called improvised explosive devices, or IEDs.

Hazut was “the seventh soldier to fall in Gaza in four days,” Ynet reported. “Four of the fatalities were killed when IEDs detonated.”

Hazut was in Battalion 9207 of the 16th Brigade.

The IDF said it had conducted the correct procedures in the area where the explosion occurred.

“An initial probe revealed that an infantry force was on the hunt for Hamas underground tunnels and infrastructure on a path that was cleared by heavy machines of the Engineering Corps,” it said. “An IED was likely missed and was detonated remotely by terrorists hiding in a tunnel.”

In another incident, St.-Sgt. Amit Tsadikov of Battalion 202 in the Paratroopers Brigade was also killed by an explosive device on Saturday.

On Friday, an explosive device was detonated near soldiers in Gaza City’s Zeitoun neighborhood near the Netzarim corridor. Two soldiers from the Jerusalem Brigade’s 6301st Battalion were killed and seven were wounded by an explosive device planted on the outside of a building they were searching. This area has been cleared numerous times in the past.

The use of IEDs in Gaza has been growing over the last few months. Hamas has reverted to this method, along with other terrorist groups in Gaza, as a way to fight the IDF without using armed fighters. This is because Hamas lacks the manpower it had last October. It is now using the terrain to its benefit. It knows the area, so it can quietly sneak into homes and areas and leave explosives behind. It has been using this method increasingly.

Terrorist groups are also increasing their use of explosives in the West Bank in areas such as Nur Shams, near Tulkarm, and Jenin and other areas. In addition, they may be seeking to expand the war into other areas of Israel.
View Quote

Article mentioned in tweet
Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah delivered a speech on Sunday about the Iranian-backed terrorist group’s attack on Israel earlier in the day. The attack was named “Operation Arbaeen Day” because it coincided with the end of a Shi’ite religious period called Arbaeen, he said.

Hezbollah carried out the large attack on Israel to avenge the killing of Fuad Shukr, one of its senior commanders. Shukr was killed because of Hezbollah’s attack on Majdal Shams in July, which killed 12 children and teenagers.

Nasrallah’s latest speech attempted to justify the attack and Hezbollah’s failure to achieve much by carrying it out. “We have enough time to negotiate because the goal of this front and its sacrifices is to stop the war against Gaza,” he said.

In essence, Hezbollah does not see any of these attacks as urgent; instead, it prefers a long plodding war of attrition with Israel. Hezbollah has lost more than 430 of its fighters since it began its attacks last October, but it appears unfazed.

Nasrallah sketched out some of Hezbollah’s decision-making in his speech. Hezbollah had acted alone, rather than coordinating a multifront attack with Iran and other proxies, he said. Hezbollah had decided not to target infrastructure and civilians; instead, it focused its attacks on IDF military sites, he added, citing an Israeli base at Glilot. Nevertheless, Hezbollah did not succeed in this attack.

While the IDF said it had stopped 90% of Hezbollah’s attack via a preemptive strike, Hezbollah claimed it still fired 340 Katyusha rockets. It also launched drones from the Bekaa Valley, Nasrallah claimed.

According to Islamic Republic News Agency (IRNA), Iran’s state media, “Nasrallah also stated that the truth of what happened in these operations will be known, despite the enemy’s secrecy, and that data shows a number of drones hit their targets, but the enemy has remained silent.”

Hezbollah’s propaganda, as voiced by its leader, claimed that all its plans were achieved.

“What the enemy bombarded today were empty valleys; therefore, the enemy’s claims of targeting ballistic missiles that were prepared to target Tel Aviv are baseless, and the launch pads of combat drones were not hit, and the Israeli attacks hit only two missile launchers,” IRNA reported, citing Nasrallah’s speech, which mentioned ballistic missiles and precision weapons.

Hezbollah is trying to save face. It knows Israel has claimed a major success in preempting its attacks, and that the IDF says it destroyed thousands of Hezbollah rocket launchers. Hezbollah wants to pretend that it emerged unscathed. This is the typical dance that Hezbollah has been doing for 10 months.

“Nasrallah said that we announced that our response today is preliminary,” IRNA reported.

War of attrition
In essence, what Hezbollah is saying is that its plodding attacks will continue, and this war of attrition will continue. Hezbollah will continue to attack until there is a ceasefire in Gaza. Then it will revisit its demands, and it may even continue attacks after that due to the “open account” it believes it has due to the killing of Shukr.

But it is clear that Hezbollah prefers to return to some semblance of quiet. It doesn’t want a large war. It also thinks that it benefits from this low-level war. It is putting on a brave face in a sense, despite its losses. It is showing that it can take the losses of a few men a week in this long war, and that it will recover.

It is also indicating that it doesn’t view any of this with urgency. It doesn’t mind waiting for weeks or months to attack because it knows this puts Israel and the US on alert. Hezbollah believes it has achieved a lot just because it can put Israel on alert, and that in some cases, this might be enough for it to achieve a kind of victory. It has also caused Israel to evacuate the northern border, which for Hezbollah is a major accomplishment.

Nasrallah’s speech revealed the overall sense that Hezbollah has that it doesn’t need to carry out more large attacks quickly. It can wait, and it will wait as Iran keys in other proxies, such as Syrian-based militias. One of those groups launched a drone at Israel, for instance. Yemen’s Houthis have also backed the Hezbollah attack, according to a statement at Beirut-based Al Mayadeen, a pro-Iranian news channel.

Meanwhile, the Iranian regime is also signaling that it can hold off on its own claims it will retaliate against Israel. Iran’s foreign minister spoke with his Italian counterpart on Monday. “Iran’s foreign minister has reiterated his country’s pledge to punish the Zionist regime for assassinating Hamas chief Ismail Haniyeh in Tehran,” IRNA reported.

Iran is also reaching out to Turkey and Egypt. “Iran’s Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi and his Egyptian counterpart, Badr Abdelatty, have discussed bilateral relations and regional issues, including the Gaza war,” IRNA reported Sunday.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 8:42:51 PM EDT
[#21]

Then war.

View Quote

Cola warrior?
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 8:44:30 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

Oh shit DONT!
Russians will be notified within 30 seconds.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 8:45:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

Including Republicans. And not necessarily bought off by Putin himself but all those billionaire oligarchs with western interests, wanting to avoid the sanctions lists...
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Saltwater-Hillbilly:

IF you can find a sucker to take that bet, it will be the easiest $20 you ever earned!  I'd be willing to bet that it is not just Biden among US politicians/elites who sold their soul to Vlad either!

Indeed!
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 8:46:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By William_lxix:

The effective APC shortage is serious.

The T-80 platform would make a great APC.  The issue is once the Russkis load their APC's up with fuel & ammo, they go KA-BLAMMO when hit.

This T-80 armored barn 'could' get people delivered to near assault locations, as long as they don't load it up with explosives and fuel.

But that is exactly is going to happen for resupply runs...  Oh well.
View Quote

Certainly better if going over a mine. Not great but not terrible...Much preferable to being in the BMP coffin.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 8:47:12 PM EDT
[#25]

Then war.

View Quote

Tag for when nothing happens and another 20 or 30 thousand Russian soldiers are killed or seriously wounded for nothing.

Link Posted: 8/26/2024 9:00:30 PM EDT
[#26]
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GV79crmWAAADuFH?format=jpg&name=large shitting BRICS
View Quote

That dude on the far right.......what in the fuck is going on with his forehead? That dome is way the hell out of proportion to the rest of him. And I know he isn't hiding a gigantic brain inside that oversized cranium, otherwise he wouldn't have been suckered in by the Orcs. That is one weird looking dude.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 9:03:51 PM EDT
[#27]
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/japan-scrambles-fighter-jets-as-chinese-y9-aircraft-violates-airspace-for-the-first-time-prompting-ww3-fears/ar-AA1ptqI6?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=07afd26f07bf40ac967c679d4f35a541&ei=14

In a bold move sparking heightened tension, a Chinese military plane breached Japanese airspace on the morning of August 26, officials from the Japanese Ministry of Defence have acknowledged.

The unexpected intrusion - which comes after reports China is "gravely concerned" by a secret US nuclear plan - led to Japan dispatching fighter jets, as reported by the NHK broadcaster. Identified by Tokyo as a Y9 intelligence-gathering aircraft, the Chinese plane didn't linger long in Japanese skies.

Specifically, the incursion occurred off the coast near the Danjo Islands, falling under Goto City in the Nagasaki Prefecture.

Pentagon plans 'unmanned drone hellscape' to protect Taiwan from China invasion
China launches sophisticated and mysterious 'Wuhan' submarine with elite technology
This episode stands as a historical first. It's the confirmed case of a Chinese military plane trespassing into Japanese territory, highlighting escalating strains between the nations, reports the Express.

Following the encounter, the Japanese Defence Ministry has been vigilantly monitoring and analyzing the flight's motives.

Commenting on the incident, an official from the Defence Ministry stated to NHK, "The Chinese military is stepping up its military activities at sea, including in the East China Sea. It is unclear at this stage what their intentions were this time, but we will take every precaution and maintain surveillance."
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 9:17:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 9:26:31 PM EDT
[#29]

Oh shit DONT!
View All Quotes

Oh shit DONT!

The Ukes know to only give a fake list to DC
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 9:44:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 9:46:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: weptek911] [#31]
Originally Posted By NuclearWinter04:

Does anyone know what the music is in this video?  Reminds me of a more goth-sounding Rammstein.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

@NuclearWinter04
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 9:51:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 9:57:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 9:58:58 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/26/2024 10:04:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By RockSix:

The Ukes know to only give a fake list to DC
View Quote

Hopefully the list has some really crazy shit on it: explosives planted in Putin's toilet, sending bears/dolphins/parrots carrying explosive, maybe some sniper shots from unbelievable distances like 8700 meters. Just to tweak the intel weenies who will look like idiots when they tell their Russian palls.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 10:05:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By weptek911:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/41727/IMG_2917_png-3305768.JPG
@NuclearWinter04
View Quote

Gracias.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 10:06:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 10:11:18 PM EDT
[#38]
View Quote

The 9th circle of hell will have paperwork, taxes and fines
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 10:45:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 10:50:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 10:52:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GBTX01] [#41]
Interesting take.   Not beyond the realm of possibilities.   Russians are probably the most dependent nation-state to use Telegram and therefore have the most to lose.   But was the arrest voluntary or was he just stupid going to France.

Link Posted: 8/26/2024 11:35:37 PM EDT
[#42]
View Quote

Of all the vodka induced stupidity...this is fucking awesome !!!!

Link Posted: 8/27/2024 12:41:06 AM EDT
[#43]
also, Russia is cross-decking LNG at sea from sanctioned to unsanctioned vessels.

I'm not a shipping guy, but that seems like it might be risky.

Thoughts?
View Quote
My thought is that the Russian ships need to mysteriously sink..
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 1:54:17 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 2:11:06 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
View Quote

If only that has been a M30 DPICM strike...
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 2:13:32 AM EDT
[#46]

Yeah but it's a howitzer with 15km range? Still seems like a great idea.

What about an SPG that doesn't have the full armored turret, sporting a long range 105 gun, maybe based on a larger vehicle than the HMMV?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By maddmatt:

What were those proposed little Humvee mounted guns? I think they were 105mm?

Yeah but it's a howitzer with 15km range? Still seems like a great idea.

What about an SPG that doesn't have the full armored turret, sporting a long range 105 gun, maybe based on a larger vehicle than the HMMV?

They made a really cool prototype that was exactly this:

https://ndiastorage.blob.core.usgovcloudapi.net/ndia/2004/armaments/04_Vickory_105mm_Indirect_Fire.pdf
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 2:19:04 AM EDT
[#47]
We do this one yet?
https://www.tu.no/artikler/norge-far-ikke-kjope-amerikanernes-nye-langdistanse-missil/549990 (pay walled)
View Quote

Previous reports had them buying ATACMS, which is long ranged. PrSM may not be available yet to buy, the US itself doesn't really have that many as it just entered production (ditto GMLRS-ER).
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 2:22:02 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 2:32:31 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By FreefallRet:
We wouldn't have had this war had we gave them nukes during the Russian buildup on the border. I would had done a few nuke tests along the border, then explained any enemy forces trespassing will be nuked.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FreefallRet:
Originally Posted By CMOS:

This war could have been over long ago with the right weapon systems, and US policy.  Pisses me off.

CMOS
We wouldn't have had this war had we gave them nukes during the Russian buildup on the border. I would had done a few nuke tests along the border, then explained any enemy forces trespassing will be nuked.

Overnighting them some HIMARS would have likely deterred invasion, as would Erik Princes rejected proposal of having US donate planes with contractor pilots.

Had deterrence failed, those assets would have wiped out a lot of the invasion force when they were bunched up along to invasion roads; remember the 40km convoy?
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 2:33:38 AM EDT
[#50]

It’s some pussy-ass bullshit. Biden and Scholz have blood on their hands.
View Quote

Exactly.

But remember we are supposed to be Biden supporters
Page / 448
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top