Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 458
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 8:07:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Jaehaerys:

And this is one of many problems with the "why don't they just negotiate?" argument. At the moment, Russia has not signaled that it's backed down from any of its objectives: they are still aiming for a Russian aligned government in Kyiv ("denazification") with limited control over its domestic and foreign policy and, as a guarantee of long term alignment, without significant defense capabilities, in addition to significant territorial concessions. Russia has stated publicly that its objectives have remained unchanged at every relevant level (president, foreign ministry, and defense ministry).

After two winters' worth of terror bombing, massacres of civilians like what occurred in Bucha, the levelling of cities like Mariupol, and the repressive Russification policies implemented in occupied territory, Russia cannot pursue these objectives by means other than armed combat. There's no way a government in an unoccupied Kyiv could pursue those policies. In August 2015, when the Rada was debating whether to change the constitution to give "special status" to the DPR, it provoked nationalist riots and the deaths of a few national guardsmen when a war veteran threw a grenade. Any Ukrainian government that tried to implement Russia's current demands would likely face that times 100, and would end up hanging from street lights the next day.

As long as Russia continues insisting on these demands, there's no realistic possibility of a negotiated peace.
View Quote

Well stated. That these are the demands that Russia is stating openly. I bet it is just the tip of the iceberg.
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 8:24:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GRqcwndaUAId0sv?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GRqcw6ybMAgm6T5?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GRqcxJjXoAAGKxM?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

That is a LOT of equipment.

But what is most important is the HUGE difference between what we could have sent easily and what we actually sent. As if it was all designed to NOT make a strategic difference, only tactical.
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 8:29:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Wolfy42:
Ukraine will never win and the best they can do is a draw and loss of territory.

I just treated a bunch of Ukrainian “immigrants”. Not much english and recent arrivals.

All the men were of military age.

If there was a time when all hands on deck meant something its now.  Half of them split Ukraine.  

If half of them don't give a shit enough to do something and fled why should anyone else.
View Quote

Based on your strategic insights you should be on the war council...

Because 100% of Ukrainians didnt stay to fight and some fled, you condemn the rest to failure and slavery.
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 8:42:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Ukraine will never win and the best they can do is a draw and loss of territory.

I just treated a bunch of Ukrainian “immigrants”. Not much english and recent arrivals.

If there was a time when all hands on deck meant something its now.  Half of them split Ukraine.  

If half of them don't give a shit enough to do something and fled why should anyone else.
View Quote

Comrade Wolfy42 from Michigan Oblast you are on the air on Orc to Orc AM with host Vladimir Putin.
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 8:43:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

Because 100% of Ukrainians didnt stay to fight and some fled, you condemn the rest to failure and slavery.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Folks in Ukraine who didn’t contribute to the war effort in some manner, if only working and paying taxes, are gonna be at the bottom of the totem pole in Ukraine no matter how this ends. The draft dodgers will be one peg up from the collabos. I’ve noticed a fair amount of overlap between folks who want to condemn all Ukraine because of the draft dodgers and those who say the US isn’t worth fighting for under any circumstances.
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 9:30:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Although some of the responses above are rather funny in true GD fashion, it is never helpful to paint anyone or group with a broad brush.
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 9:36:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

WaPo summarizes the key players
UK election: Who are the team set to govern Britain if Labour wins?
Labor's new leader, Keir Starmer, has made efforts to shift the party a bit more to the center in response to Tory success over the last decade. I would agree, Britain is less likely to be affected in terms of Ukraine policy by a change in leadership.

My guess is that Macron will lead a coalition government in France and come out looking pretty savvy for maneuvering RN away from their success in the EU elections.

The US is looking like a total dumpster fire in terms of foreign policy. On one hand, you have the Donald Trump revenge tour and on the other hand you have a cluster. Biden doesn't control anything already anyway, and the hands in the puppet have no sense of perspective or leadership on foreign policy, they are totally ignorant. Harris would likely be the same. Newsome would be even closer to the imperialist/fascist China government. The only real hope is that Trump wins and he has good people steering things.
View Quote

Why would you believe this?

He has already come out against the war and wants to end it as quickly as possible.  The only way that happens is likely stated above.

Ukraine is divided into East and west Ukraine along the dnipro and Russia continues to exert I fluence.  That's the peace he will push forward.

Oh and if they don't like it he will just cut off all US support, like he did earlier this year when he pressured Johnson.
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 9:42:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By stgdz:
Ukraine is divided into East and west Ukraine along the dnipro and Russia continues to exert I fluence.  That's the peace he will push forward.
View Quote

Because it worked so well with Germany?
Because Putin certainly won't take any tiny concession as simply time for the FSB to work their "election magic" on Ukraine again.

"Be reasonable?"
Because reason has worked soo well thus far.
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 9:46:05 PM EDT
[#9]

Well stated. That these are the demands that Russia is stating openly. I bet it is just the tip of the iceberg.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jaehaerys:

And this is one of many problems with the "why don't they just negotiate?" argument. At the moment, Russia has not signaled that it's backed down from any of its objectives: they are still aiming for a Russian aligned government in Kyiv ("denazification") with limited control over its domestic and foreign policy and, as a guarantee of long term alignment, without significant defense capabilities, in addition to significant territorial concessions. Russia has stated publicly that its objectives have remained unchanged at every relevant level (president, foreign ministry, and defense ministry).

After two winters' worth of terror bombing, massacres of civilians like what occurred in Bucha, the levelling of cities like Mariupol, and the repressive Russification policies implemented in occupied territory, Russia cannot pursue these objectives by means other than armed combat. There's no way a government in an unoccupied Kyiv could pursue those policies. In August 2015, when the Rada was debating whether to change the constitution to give "special status" to the DPR, it provoked nationalist riots and the deaths of a few national guardsmen when a war veteran threw a grenade. Any Ukrainian government that tried to implement Russia's current demands would likely face that times 100, and would end up hanging from street lights the next day.

As long as Russia continues insisting on these demands, there's no realistic possibility of a negotiated peace.

It's actually even worse than what I laid out in that post. I went back and looked at the Putin statement from a few weeks ago where he demanded Ukraine cede all of the four partially occupied oblasts and agree not to join NATO. Beyond that, I noticed something interesting. Namely, Putin talked about the withdrawal of "inappropriate military presence in the regions where it does not belong." In other words, he's asking for NATO to leave Eastern Europe. That harkens back to the pre-war ultimatum Russia sent the US in ~ November 2021, in which it claimed propriety over all of Eastern Europe. So, Russian leadership is demanding NATO with withdrawal from Eastern Europe, Ukraine surrender significant amounts of territory it doesn't control, Ukraine scale down its military, Ukraine surrender control of its foreign policy, etc.

If Russia was serious about ending this war via negotiations any time soon, it would've diplomatically signaled that it's backed down from at least some of these demands. Instead, it's continued to double down. And that's what people who are screaming for negotiation continue to ignore. Russia has consistently signaled that its maximalist demands of Ukraine and the west remain in place. None of Russia's overtures regarding negotiations have been done in good faith. They're maintaining maximalist positions that are utterly unacceptable for both Ukraine and the west which essentially amount to "let us destroy Ukraine and have hegemony over Eastern Europe," while simultaneously claiming that the west is preventing peace by refusing Russia's overtures to negotiate. A lot of the people who scream that Ukraine should negotiate are just too stupid and/or ignorant to recognize this, but others are legitimate bad faith actors. They want to give Russia whatever it wants, but they can't say that out loud, so they obfuscate and hide that position.
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 9:59:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#10]
ISW assessment for July 4th.

https://www.understandingwar.org/backgrounder/russian-offensive-campaign-assessment-july-4-2024

Russian President Vladimir Putin explicitly rejected Russian participation in any meaningful negotiations on a ceasefire agreement, instead demanding Ukraine's "irreversible" "demilitarization" as a precondition for any ceasefire agreement. Putin is thus demanding that Ukraine effectively surrender in advance of any ceasefire. Putin commented on the prospects of a negotiated ceasefire in Ukraine at the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) summit in Astana, Kazakhstan, on July 4, but instead of offering his typical feigned interest in such negotiations he outright rejected any ceasefire negotiation process.[1] Putin has repeatedly portrayed the West as his envisioned negotiating partner in a ceasefire agreement in order to prompt Western concessions on Ukrainian sovereignty, but Putin notably dismissed all intermediary parties as possible mediators for an agreement between Ukraine and Russia.[2] Putin also dismissed the Verkhovna Rada as a possible point of contact for negotiations despite previously claiming that the body was the only legitimate Ukrainian entity that Russia could negotiate with.[3] Putin has now labeled all Ukrainian governing institutions illegitimate or unsuitable for negotiations and has dismissed the idea of third parties participating in negotiations — de facto rejecting any realistic process for meaningfully negotiating a ceasefire agreement.[4]

Putin instead highlighted his demand for Ukraine's "demilitarization" as a primary prerequisite for any ceasefire agreement, demanding that Ukraine agree to "demilitarization" measures that would be irreversible.[5] Putin argued that Russia cannot allow the Ukrainian military to take advantage of a ceasefire to reconstitute its forces.[6] Putin notably did not address the near-certainty that Russian forces would take advantage of a potential ceasefire in exactly such a way, and ISW continues to assess that Russia would use the respite of a ceasefire to reconstitute and expand its forces and to further mobilize its defense industrial base (DIB) for future aggression aiming to destroy the Ukrainian state.[7] Putin's rejection of any ceasefire agreement short of Ukrainian capitulation further illustrates that he is confident in his assessment that Russia can pursue victory by continuing creeping advances in Ukraine, outlasting Western support for Ukraine, and winning a war of attrition against Ukrainian forces.
View Quote

It doesn't really matter what Trump says about getting a ceasefire, he would have to deal with the reality that Russia needs to be defeated.

Link Posted: 7/4/2024 11:12:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
Although some of the responses above are rather funny in true GD fashion, it is never helpful to paint anyone or group with a broad brush.
View Quote

He's right ya know, When painting hot strippers, I always enjoyed using the smaller brushes!
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 11:41:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Wolfy42] [#12]
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:

Well hello thar fellow firearms enthusiast

Could I interest you in some sunflower seeds?
View Quote

Hide your head in the sand.  I actually delivered a Ukrainian baby two nights ago and saw several more couples and families.  All the men were in their late 20 and early 30s.  You if cant comprehend what that means you are the same as what that Mau lee guys claims to be.

So half their military aged men are abroad. They dont give a shit about their own country and left.  Think about that.  Lots of russians left too,  but russia has 5 times the population.

I want russia to lose but in a war of attrition,  Ukraine is going to run out of men.  The policy of not drafting men under 26 is ludicrous.
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 11:49:47 PM EDT
[#13]

View Quote

No not at all,  but I am a realist and the cavalry only comes in the movies.

They way the war current is running, Ukraine will run out of men.  Injecting western soldiers will risk significant escalation.
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 11:49:59 PM EDT
[#14]

He has already come out against the war and wants to end it as quickly as possible.  The only way that happens is likely stated above.

Oh and if they don't like it he will just cut off all US support, like he did earlier this year when he pressured Johnson.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

WaPo summarizes the key players
UK election: Who are the team set to govern Britain if Labour wins?
Labor's new leader, Keir Starmer, has made efforts to shift the party a bit more to the center in response to Tory success over the last decade. I would agree, Britain is less likely to be affected in terms of Ukraine policy by a change in leadership.

My guess is that Macron will lead a coalition government in France and come out looking pretty savvy for maneuvering RN away from their success in the EU elections.

The US is looking like a total dumpster fire in terms of foreign policy. On one hand, you have the Donald Trump revenge tour and on the other hand you have a cluster. Biden doesn't control anything already anyway, and the hands in the puppet have no sense of perspective or leadership on foreign policy, they are totally ignorant. Harris would likely be the same. Newsome would be even closer to the imperialist/fascist China government. The only real hope is that Trump wins and he has good people steering things.

No offense, but ALL of us are against the war and want it to end as quickly as possible. However, my belief is that Trump is a big believer in winning and as such wants to make sure Ukraine wins especially since Russia was the aggressor. As he says, Russia would have never invaded Ukraine had I been President. Now, when he wins, he's got to clean up Xiden's mess. My speculation is he'll give Putin a choice, withdraw or collapse as a country. He'll do that because by next January, Russia will be in serious trouble both economically and militarily.
Link Posted: 7/4/2024 11:59:05 PM EDT
[#15]

Hide your head in the sand.  I actually delivered a Ukrainian baby two nights ago and saw several more couples and families.  All the men were in their late 20 and early 30s.  You if cant comprehend what that means you are the same as what that Mau lee guys claims to be.

So half their military aged men are abroad. They dont give a shit about their own country and left.  Think about that.  Lots of russians left too,  but russia has 5 times the population.

I want russia to lose but in a war of attrition,  Ukraine is going to run out of men.  The policy of not drafting men under 26 is ludicrous.
View All Quotes

A few months ago, I had a Ukrainian taxi driver. He was middle aged. His comments were virtually the opposite of yours. As for the not drafting men under 26, I'm not sure why that should be that way either. But, it's their choice, not ours.

Based on the published casualties, Ukraine isn't going to run out of men. Russia might, though, given their loss rate. And, even if Russia doesn't run out of men, they might run out of enough to sustain combat operations in Ukraine. Either way, though, they will have another one of those "lost generations", something they can ill afford given their demographic decline.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 12:16:20 AM EDT
[#16]

They way the war current is running, Ukraine will run out of men.  Injecting western soldiers will risk significant escalation.
View All Quotes

First of all, the logical failure of “I’ve personally met migrants so I have meaningful insights into the entire population” is…I’ll politely say “not good”.

Second, I thought maybe that was just ignorance and normal human logic fail until I read that last line.

Thirdly, the user note confirmed that, alas, this particular individual has a history of having fanciful perceptions about Russian ”Strenkth”.

Link Posted: 7/5/2024 12:20:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#17]
1/15 Daily Ukraine map thread 🧵 for Thursday 4th July 2024

Highlights: Russian forces advance near Sokil and Novooleksandrivka slightly

Kanal district marked as entirely Russian, east of Chasiv Yar

Tambov powder factory in Kotovsk, Tambov oblast attacked by Ukrainian drones

Many geolocations from Vovchansk showing the heavy fighting. Situation remains unclear yet still seems pretty static
Map: https://uacontrolmap.com

Ukrainian War | 03/07/24

To answer
@ChristopheMutet
, here are the positions of the 47th mechanized brigade since January 1, 2024.
Data:
@projectowlosint

#UkraineRussianWar #GuerreEnUkraine

Link Posted: 7/5/2024 12:26:31 AM EDT
[#18]
POV: Azov Offensive in the Kreminna Forests

«? ??? ????? ???? ??????, ????? ???? ?? ???????»

????????? ??????? ?????????? ? ?? ???????. ???????? ??????? ?? ???????, ?? ?????????.

???*???? ? ??????: 3 ???? ??????? ?????? ? ??????? ?? ??????????

???????? ???????? ????? ?? ??????? ?????? ??? ???????????.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 12:34:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#19]

Link Posted: 7/5/2024 12:45:13 AM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

So you have Ukrainians you have seen at work. Where do you get the information that half the draft age males are gone? Please cite. Every country at war has people who leave instead of fighting. Every. Single. One.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 12:45:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Video posted by 13th

Everything that the AP media tells you from TV is complete bullshit.

This is the true attitude towards soldiers from the command.

They keep everyone like cattle, the wounded, the untreated, the mobs, the double basses, whoever for what, for example, for sending some fagot major Kovalev to the dick, for example, or for something else, and they drive them away and make “maimed” regiments out of them, and do you know why? Yes, because there are NOT ENOUGH PEOPLE! ALE!

ANNOUNCE MOBILIZATION! LET GO HOME THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN FIGHTING FOR YOU FOR TWO FUCKING YEARS, BITCHES.

Grandfather is simply afraid to announce mobilization, so that the people will not know for sure what you are really doing there.

This is a natural PURGATORY!

PUT YOUR CHILDREN THERE YOU FUCKING FUCKING FUCKERS!

The coordinates of this place, all the information was passed on to the military prosecutor and department employees who will turn those responsible for this nonsense inside out.

And this is not all, so you understand.

https://t.me/Z13_Separ/29620

Link Posted: 7/5/2024 12:55:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Wolfy42] [#22]
Originally Posted By Prime:

First of all, the logical failure of “I’ve personally met migrants so I have meaningful insights into the entire population” is…I’ll politely say “not good”.

Second, I thought maybe that was just ignorance and normal human logic fail until I read that last line.

Thirdly, the user note confirmed that, alas, this particular individual has a history of having fanciful perceptions about Russian ”Strenkth”.

View Quote

You sound as delusional as the leftists going after Trump.  I havent made many posts about the war at all.  Please show us.  Second just because I dont agree with your narrow minded opinion doesnt makes me wrong.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 12:56:24 AM EDT
[#23]
🔓"Funeral troops."

In Rostov-on-Don, on the territory of the 1062nd district military clinical hospital, there is the 522nd center for receiving, processing and dispatching the dead (522 TsPOOP). Among military personnel it is known as the military unit “Funeral Troops”.

Before the start of the Northern Military District, this was the only center on Russian territory where dead officers and soldiers were brought. The main causes of death were murders, suicides, deaths on the territory of foreign countries, etc.

Since the beginning of the Northern Military District, similar centers have been organized in many cities on the basis of existing civilian morgues - Donetsk, Lugansk, Belgorod, Voronezh, Sevastopol, Moscow, etc.

The 522nd Center for Operational Operations is directly responsible for receiving and processing bodies from the following units:
• 41st Combined Arms Army (military unit 44424, Novosibirsk) – Svatovo-Kremennaya section;
• 2nd Combined Arms Army (military unit 22223, Samara) – Avdeevsky direction;
• 25th Combined Arms Army (formed in 2023) - Svatovo-Kremennaya sector;
• 90th Tank Division (military unit 86274, Chebarkul) – Avdeevskoye direction;
Military personnel from other units are also included, but their number is insignificant.

According to information received from the source, from 02/24/2022 to 06/01/2024, the following units were received from the above units:
• 41st OA – 3749 bodies;
• 2nd OA – 6439 bodies;
• 25th OA – 1508 bodies;
• 90th TD – 1995 tel.

https://t.me/dosye_shpiona/552

Link Posted: 7/5/2024 1:05:56 AM EDT
[#24]

😱They held their breath! The border crew of the BMP breaks into position under deadly enemy fire

The YPR-765 armored personnel carrier of the "Steel Border" brigade was targeted by two enemy "Grad" MLRS and 15 shells from barrel artillery. Thanks to the skillful skills of the driver-mechanic, it was possible to overcome 2 km of mined terrain, replace soldiers in positions, and evacuate wounded and fallen comrades.

📍 Matchmaking direction

🇺🇦

https://t.me/DPSUkr/20873

https://twitter.com/PuenteUribarri/status/1808887463420608838
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 1:06:07 AM EDT
[#25]
🔓"Funeral troops."

In Rostov-on-Don, on the territory of the 1062nd district military clinical hospital, there is the 522nd center for receiving, processing and dispatching the dead (522 TsPOOP). Among military personnel it is known as the military unit “Funeral Troops”.

Before the start of the Northern Military District, this was the only center on Russian territory where dead officers and soldiers were brought. The main causes of death were murders, suicides, deaths on the territory of foreign countries, etc.

Since the beginning of the Northern Military District, similar centers have been organized in many cities on the basis of existing civilian morgues - Donetsk, Lugansk, Belgorod, Voronezh, Sevastopol, Moscow, etc.

The 522nd Center for Operational Operations is directly responsible for receiving and processing bodies from the following units:
• 41st Combined Arms Army (military unit 44424, Novosibirsk) – Svatovo-Kremennaya section;
Military personnel from other units are also included, but their number is insignificant.

According to information received from the source, from 02/24/2022 to 06/01/2024, the following units were received from the above units:
• 41st OA – 3749 bodies;
• 2nd OA – 6439 bodies;
• 25th OA – 1508 bodies;
• 90th TD – 1995 tel.

View Quote

The vast majority of their dead are rotting away unrecovered. The ones that make it there are the ones that made it to an aid station.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 1:09:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#26]
From Gray Zone, former Wagner affiliate.‘

Not a day without corruption in the Russian Defense Ministry, which, of course, former Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu did not know about. Even when his deputies like Timur Ivanov, as it turned out yesterday, are not even accused of embezzlement, but of one bribe of more than a billion rubles - 1,185,000,000 rubles.

They could be used to buy about 6,500 quadcopters, which could be used to supply about 80 brigades of the Russian Armed Forces - 2 quadcopters in each group.

Now a new story of huge thefts is emerging in the Russian Defense Ministry, where 875,000,000 rubles from 1,500,000,000 rubles were stolen - more than 58%.

At the same time, the scheme is banal and clumsy - 5% of 100% was completed, the rest of the amount was transferred to one-day companies, and the main one went bankrupt. But that’s not all, one of the leaders of the bankrupt company “PromSpetsStroyGroup”, which entered into a contract to carry out work with the Russian Defense Ministry, was Kadyr Karakhanov, who in 2020 was already sentenced to only 8 years in prison for theft under the same scheme on an amount of more than RUB 1,000,000,000.

The full scale of corruption is difficult to even imagine.

https://t.me/bazabazon/29183

https://t.me/grey_zone/23439

Link Posted: 7/5/2024 1:09:50 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 1:11:49 AM EDT
[#28]

The vast majority of their dead are rotting away unrecovered. The ones that make it there are the ones that made it to an aid station.
View All Quotes
🔓"Funeral troops."

• 41st OA – 3749 bodies;
• 2nd OA – 6439 bodies;
• 25th OA – 1508 bodies;
• 90th TD – 1995 tel.

The 205th Motorized TG Channel is almost half missing person postings. It’s sad.

Link Posted: 7/5/2024 1:16:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#29]
View Quote

Nice.
RU MOD said 14 shot down and state media followed their lead, but….

“This oil industry is on fire, the air defense has been knocked down, ambulances and firefighters are arriving,”

— another video filmed immediately after the UAV attack on Rostov.

It is alleged that JSC NZNP Rostov branch on the Left Bank of the Don between Rostov and Bataysk was attacked.

https://t.me/astrapress/58951

Meanwhile, Rostov and the region snatched a portion of our attack drones

Just another night in which the Ukrainians bombed Russia. This has long been common practice

https://t.me/samotniyskhid/5442

Link Posted: 7/5/2024 1:34:04 AM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

How much of that is so they dont have to pay the wives and relatives?   No confirmation of death = no monies paid out.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 1:36:42 AM EDT
[#31]
#Summary for the morning of July 5, 2024

▪️ Yesterday the Russian Armed Forces attacked enemy warehouses in Odessa and Ilyichevsk. An explosion also occurred near the Odessa airport. Secondary detonations were reported locally.

▪️In Crimea, amid a missile threat, a bridge was blocked several times at night, and downed air targets were reported in the area of ​​Berdyansk, Zaporozhye region. At night, air defense worked in the Rostov region, 10 UAVs of the Ukrainian Armed Forces were shot down. In the Krasnodar Territory, there were casualties as a result of a UAV attack in Primorsko-Akhtarsk. 6 people were hospitalized, the operation of the power substation that supplies a significant part of the city was disrupted.

▪️In the Kharkov direction, the Armed Forces of Ukraine took separate actions in the area of ​​the settlement. Liptsy and Tikhoe. Radio interceptions of enemy communications indicate a lack of trained personnel among Ukrainian Armed Forces units in the direction.

▪️In the Toretsky (Dzerzhinsky) direction, the Russian Armed Forces are expanding the control zone near the settlement. Friendship and Kirovo.

▪️In the eastern part of Chasov Yar (Kanal microdistrict), the remnants of the Ukrainian Armed Forces units have been knocked out. The enemy takes up defensive positions west of the Seversky Donets - Donbass water canal.

▪️West of Avdeevka, the Russian Armed Forces are decisively developing their success after occupying a strong point near the village. Sokol in the direction of the village of Voskhod. High-intensity battles are taking place along the entire length of the front.

▪️South of Maryinka, our troops reached the outskirts of Konstantinovka, west of Paraskovievka. The battle for the enemy’s important logistics hub continues. In Krasnogorovka, meanwhile, the Russian Armed Forces continue their assault on the northern part of the city.

▪️The Zaporozhye Front reports an intensification of offensive actions by the Russian Armed Forces in the Rabotino and Nesteryanka areas in recent days. Enemy drones are a serious factor in this sector of the front as well.

▪️ In the Kherson direction, the Russian Armed Forces are fighting in the island zone. The Armed Forces of Ukraine set up ambushes and send out others. The enemy confidently controls the area from the air due to the multiple superiority of drones.

▪️In the Belgorod region, the Ukrainian Armed Forces fired at many peaceful settlements yesterday. On the Borisovka-Baitsury highway section, a drone dropped an explosive device on two cars. Four civilians were injured: two men, a woman and a 12-year-old child.

▪️The intensity of enemy strikes in the Kursk region is not decreasing.  In Tyotkino, Glushkovsky district, a Ukrainian copter dropped an explosive device on a residential building, and a local resident was injured by shards of broken glass. The enemy is systematically knocking out the power supply infrastructure and agricultural enterprises.

▪️As a result of Nazi attacks on Gorlovka and Donetsk in the DPR with NATO-made barrel artillery, one civilian was killed and three were injured.

The summary was compiled by: Two majors

https://t.me/dva_majors/46776

Link Posted: 7/5/2024 1:40:31 AM EDT
[#32]
Medvedev reported on the recruitment of a thousand Russians a day for the war

More than a thousand people go to serve in the Russian army under contract or as volunteers, said Deputy Chairman of the Security Council Dmitry Medvedev at a meeting at the Russian Ministry of Defense on issues of replenishing the Russian Armed Forces.

“In general, the task set by the president to recruit contract military personnel and volunteers in the interests of the Joint Group of Forces in 2024 is being fulfilled. The average daily recruitment rate remains stable, amounting to about one thousand people,” TASS quotes Medvedev.

According to intelligence data from the United States, Great Britain and other Western countries, the Russian army is losing everyone it recruits on the battlefield, and even more - at least that’s how things stood in May, when it invaded the Kharkov region. British intelligence calls May the bloodiest of the war, estimating casualties averaged about 1,200 people a day. Thus, in May the army could have lost 31–37 thousand soldiers. At the same time, according to American officials, Russia continues to replenish it by 25-30 thousand people per month. This allows the command to continue throwing soldiers into deadly assaults without worrying about maintaining the strength of the military group trying to occupy Ukraine.

https://t.me/moscowtimes_ru/23636

Link Posted: 7/5/2024 3:06:39 AM EDT
[#33]

Link Posted: 7/5/2024 3:24:03 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By planemaker:

A few months ago, I had a Ukrainian taxi driver. He was middle aged. His comments were virtually the opposite of yours. As for the not drafting men under 26, I'm not sure why that should be that way either. But, it's their choice, not ours.

Based on the published casualties, Ukraine isn't going to run out of men. Russia might, though, given their loss rate. And, even if Russia doesn't run out of men, they might run out of enough to sustain combat operations in Ukraine. Either way, though, they will have another one of those "lost generations", something they can ill afford given their demographic decline.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By planemaker:

The not drafting anyone under 26 is so those young men have a chance to make more Ukrainians.  I guess they figure if they haven't fucked by the time they turn 26 then they need out of the gene pool anyways.

They could probably turbo charge their birth rate by lowering the draft age to 23 with deferments to 26 for fathers of young children.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 6:47:49 AM EDT
[#35]
@Doc540 🙂

Primorsko-Akhtarsk, where the airfield from which the Shahed-136 is launched is located.

BpLA was attacked at night.

🤩

https://t.me/eRadarrua/19370

Approximately 2-3 missiles headed for Sevastopol and Yevpatoria were shot down.

Approximately 2.5 rockets)

The accuracy of the count of downed missiles is amazing🤡

https://t.me/eRadarrua/19387

This morning in Rostov Oblast, an unmanned aerial vehicle hit a Russian attack helicopter.

The helicopter made a negative takeoff, due to which it was later discovered by farmers in the fields.

Russian censorship forced the local public to obscure the downed helicopter as much as possible, even though it is so obvious that it is a relatively new Mi-28, the price of which is about 15 million dollars.

https://t.me/eRadarrua/19393

During the attack on the region, a military airfield was hit in Primorsk-Akhtarsk that night.
One Russian soldier was wounded.

Kuban was attacked not only by drones, but also by missiles.
At the same time, the local authorities officially announced the destruction of 14 UAVs, but remained silent about the missiles.

This was reported by the Russian opposition channel ASTRA.

In addition to the airfield, the thermal power plant was hit, and the population had problems with light.

Also, as the governor stated, a child died after the plane arrived in the apartment building. Russian air defense once again killed a Russian woman and destroyed the property of Russians.

According to open data, the 960th Guards Assault Aviation Regiment of Military Unit 75387 from the 1st Guards Aviation Division of the 4th Guards Air Force and Air Defense Forces of the Russian Federation is stationed at the airfield. The regiment is armed with Su-25, Su-25UB and Su-25SM3 attack aircraft.

https://t.me/eRadarrua/19395

Link Posted: 7/5/2024 6:54:31 AM EDT
[#36]
03Jul24

Link Posted: 7/5/2024 6:59:47 AM EDT
[#37]

⚡️ EXCLUSIVE ⚡️

In the Rostov region, farmers found an abandoned helicopter in an open field. An aircraft without crew members was discovered on the morning of July 5 in one of the settlements of the Azov region, source @Donday reported.

According to eyewitnesses, the aircraft made a hard landing after colliding with a drone. As a result of the collision, the helicopter's tail section was damaged. Judging by its condition, the pilots were able to land it in an open field. Nothing is known about the crew members yet. They are believed to be alive and well. The equipment itself will be evacuated soon.

There were no official comments from the competent authorities regarding the incident.

https://t.me/DonDay/7538

Link Posted: 7/5/2024 7:07:28 AM EDT
[#38]

Link Posted: 7/5/2024 7:10:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4xGM300m] [#39]

Videos.

S-350 seems to be one of the better systems, lots of South Korean technology.

Link Posted: 7/5/2024 7:13:24 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 7:13:34 AM EDT
[#41]
The Armed Forces of Ukraine set fire to the forest belt near the Dnieper to smoke out our fighters. The guys have to run from a wall of fire.

https://t.me/mash_donbass/6825

“According to our data, 14 thousand hectares have already burned”

The director of the Golopristan Forestry and Hunting Enterprise said that the Armed Forces of Ukraine deliberately set fire to the plantings with drones.

He says their goal is to cause maximum harm. But the Ukrainian side does not care about environmental disaster. The main problem is that local rescuers cannot get to the fire, so forestry employees have to put out the fire on their own. If the wind increases, the flames can easily spread to nearby populated areas. Just recently this happened - miraculously we managed to quickly put out the fire in the village.

Without a forest, the locals risk losing their harvest - a strong surge of sand will begin and turn this place into a desert.

https://t.me/mash_donbass/6826

Np FIRMS data to indicate that this is objectively true.

https://firms.modaps.eosdis.nasa.gov/map/#d:24hrs;@35.1,47.4,8.7z

Link Posted: 7/5/2024 7:16:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4xGM300m] [#42]

But the Ukrainian side does not care about environmental disaster.

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/5/2024 7:20:36 AM EDT
[#43]
View Quote

Not killed, but…funny.

Doves released at Vatican attacked by crow and seagull
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 7:25:26 AM EDT
[#44]

👀 During the BBC news, the territory of the Russian Federation was accidentally marked as Poland

The mistake was noticed by the Nexta editorial team, and jokes and memes immediately appeared on the Polish segment of the Internet about Russia being divided between Poland and China after Andrzej Duda’s trip to Beijing.

https://t.me/Pravda_Gerashchenko/95807

Link Posted: 7/5/2024 7:49:18 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By BigGrumpyBear:

He's right ya know, When painting hot strippers, I always enjoyed using the smaller brushes!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BigGrumpyBear:
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

lol.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 7:51:27 AM EDT
[#46]
@Doc540 🙂

Primorsko-Akhtarsk, where the airfield from which the Shahed-136 is launched is located.

BpLA was attacked at night.

🤩

https://t.me/eRadarrua/19370

Approximately 2-3 missiles headed for Sevastopol and Yevpatoria were shot down.

Approximately 2.5 rockets)

The accuracy of the count of downed missiles is amazing🤡

https://t.me/eRadarrua/19387

This morning in Rostov Oblast, an unmanned aerial vehicle hit a Russian attack helicopter.

The helicopter made a negative takeoff, due to which it was later discovered by farmers in the fields.

Russian censorship forced the local public to obscure the downed helicopter as much as possible, even though it is so obvious that it is a relatively new Mi-28, the price of which is about 15 million dollars.

https://t.me/eRadarrua/19393

During the attack on the region, a military airfield was hit in Primorsk-Akhtarsk that night.
One Russian soldier was wounded.

Kuban was attacked not only by drones, but also by missiles.
At the same time, the local authorities officially announced the destruction of 14 UAVs, but remained silent about the missiles.

This was reported by the Russian opposition channel ASTRA.

In addition to the airfield, the thermal power plant was hit, and the population had problems with light.

Also, as the governor stated, a child died after the plane arrived in the apartment building. Russian air defense once again killed a Russian woman and destroyed the property of Russians.

According to open data, the 960th Guards Assault Aviation Regiment of Military Unit 75387 from the 1st Guards Aviation Division of the 4th Guards Air Force and Air Defense Forces of the Russian Federation is stationed at the airfield. The regiment is armed with Su-25, Su-25UB and Su-25SM3 attack aircraft.

https://t.me/eRadarrua/19395

View Quote

Excellent
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 8:12:52 AM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes

One thing I've noticed since the war started is that nobody will admit they're from Russia anymore. They'll all tell you they're from Ukraine.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 8:19:53 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 8:20:48 AM EDT
[#49]

Link Posted: 7/5/2024 8:23:06 AM EDT
[#50]

«Today, 05 July 2024, at about 04:00 on the morning, the control point of the 66th control brigade (military unit 41600, Stavropol), located in the vicinity of the New Kakhovka, Kherson region, was targeted.

The strike was carried out using 6 UAVs of an unknown type.

As a result of the strike, a mobile tropospheric radio station (probably R-412) and a power supply station (probably E-351br) were destroyed. Among personnel: 2 were injured.»
View Quote

Page / 458
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top