BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 468
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 8:24:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DonKey153:
One thing I've noticed since the war started is that nobody will admit they're from Russia anymore. They'll all tell you they're from Ukraine.
View Quote

That is supported by Russian TG, many Russians seem baffled that they’re not welcome in much of the world. Even two years ago there was a push for domestic tourism, which was admittedly multifactorial, but the outraged “why don’t they like us?” Is very real.

Link Posted: 7/5/2024 8:30:40 AM EDT
[#2]
lol.

They certainly know how to receive them.

Link Posted: 7/5/2024 8:33:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 8:35:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#4]
NSFW.

Link Posted: 7/5/2024 9:10:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Wolfy42:

How much of that is so they dont have to pay the wives and relatives?   No confirmation of death = no monies paid out.
View Quote

Russia doesn't give a damn about those soldiers. They are meat to advance on the ruins of the towns that russia is destroying.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 9:19:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Tiberius:

Folks in Ukraine who didn’t contribute to the war effort in some manner, if only working and paying taxes, are gonna be at the bottom of the totem pole in Ukraine no matter how this ends. The draft dodgers will be one peg up from the collabos. I’ve noticed a fair amount of overlap between folks who want to condemn all Ukraine because of the draft dodgers and those who say the US isn’t worth fighting for under any circumstances.
View Quote

Yup. And when this war is over and Ukraine wins/survives, everyone will be trying to steal the valor of the hero's who stayed and fought. Fuckers will be coming back from 3 years of vacation in Budapest or Cairo or wherever and claiming to have been fighting with Azov the whole time. I would NOT want to be one of the draft dodgers...
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 9:30:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By stgdz:

Why would you believe this?

He has already come out against the war and wants to end it as quickly as possible.  The only way that happens is likely stated above.

Ukraine is divided into East and west Ukraine along the dnipro and Russia continues to exert I fluence.  That's the peace he will push forward.

Oh and if they don't like it he will just cut off all US support, like he did earlier this year when he pressured Johnson.
View Quote

Lets stop pushing this bullshit. EVERYONE is against the war and wants it to end quickly as possible. probably even that asshole Putin. The question is how. Lets wait and see what happens. Trump has been agnostic about aid to Ukraine. I personally wish he would come out and offer 1000 Abrams and 300 F16 and everything in between but he has been campaigning and trying to play the middle. Unlike Joe, Trump hasn't taken money from both Russia and Ukraine so he will give negotiations a good faith effort.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 9:51:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Jaehaerys:

It's actually even worse than what I laid out in that post. I went back and looked at the Putin statement from a few weeks ago where he demanded Ukraine cede all of the four partially occupied oblasts and agree not to join NATO. Beyond that, I noticed something interesting. Namely, Putin talked about the withdrawal of "inappropriate military presence in the regions where it does not belong." In other words, he's asking for NATO to leave Eastern Europe. That harkens back to the pre-war ultimatum Russia sent the US in ~ November 2021, in which it claimed propriety over all of Eastern Europe. So, Russian leadership is demanding NATO with withdrawal from Eastern Europe, Ukraine surrender significant amounts of territory it doesn't control, Ukraine scale down its military, Ukraine surrender control of its foreign policy, etc.

If Russia was serious about ending this war via negotiations any time soon, it would've diplomatically signaled that it's backed down from at least some of these demands. Instead, it's continued to double down. And that's what people who are screaming for negotiation continue to ignore. Russia has consistently signaled that its maximalist demands of Ukraine and the west remain in place. None of Russia's overtures regarding negotiations have been done in good faith. They're maintaining maximalist positions that are utterly unacceptable for both Ukraine and the west which essentially amount to "let us destroy Ukraine and have hegemony over Eastern Europe," while simultaneously claiming that the west is preventing peace by refusing Russia's overtures to negotiate. A lot of the people who scream that Ukraine should negotiate are just too stupid and/or ignorant to recognize this, but others are legitimate bad faith actors. They want to give Russia whatever it wants, but they can't say that out loud, so they obfuscate and hide that position.
View Quote

This "peace deal" with Putin will put to shame the Munich Pact between Hitler and Czechoslovakia in '39. Within a few months or years, Russia would fabricate some provocation and invade again to finish "denazifying"...
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 9:55:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
ISW assessment for July 4th.

https://www.understandingwar.org/backgrounder/russian-offensive-campaign-assessment-july-4-2024

It doesn't really matter what Trump says about getting a ceasefire, he would have to deal with the reality that Russia needs to be defeated.

View Quote

And abandoning Ukraine after all the death and destruction would put Biden's Afghan-withdrawal fiasco into the #2 spot for the worlds Worst and Stupidest Military Descisions. I dont think Trump would ever consider such an embarrassing loss, regardless of how he personally feels about Ukraine. My fingers are crossed...
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 9:56:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 10:01:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: lorazepam] [#11]

Link Posted: 7/5/2024 10:01:51 AM EDT
[#12]

No not at all,  but I am a realist and the cavalry only comes in the movies.

They way the war current is running, Ukraine will run out of men.  Injecting western soldiers will risk significant escalation.
View Quote

Ukraine needs more men. I wish 100% of their men stayed to fight. Many returned from abroad to fight and die and helped to save their country in early 2022.

You are seeing a very small fragment of Ukrainians.  Based on your logic, do you also assume that every woman in Ukraine is pregnant based on what you have seen here?

Ukraine can still end this war on favorable terms given enough aid. It could have happened in late 2022-2023 had we sent the equipment we had lying around. But Xiden and his cowardly halfwits are more afraid of upsetting Putin than saving Ukraine. Fuck them all. But dont make the same idiotic and cowardly mistake they have made.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 10:02:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By planemaker:

No offense, but ALL of us are against the war and want it to end as quickly as possible. However, my belief is that Trump is a big believer in winning and as such wants to make sure Ukraine wins especially since Russia was the aggressor. As he says, Russia would have never invaded Ukraine had I been President. Now, when he wins, he's got to clean up Xiden's mess. My speculation is he'll give Putin a choice, withdraw or collapse as a country. He'll do that because by next January, Russia will be in serious trouble both economically and militarily.
View Quote

Yes. This is also my hope and expectation.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 10:06:20 AM EDT
[#14]

A few months ago, I had a Ukrainian taxi driver. He was middle aged. His comments were virtually the opposite of yours. As for the not drafting men under 26, I'm not sure why that should be that way either. But, it's their choice, not ours.

Based on the published casualties, Ukraine isn't going to run out of men. Russia might, though, given their loss rate. And, even if Russia doesn't run out of men, they might run out of enough to sustain combat operations in Ukraine. Either way, though, they will have another one of those "lost generations", something they can ill afford given their demographic decline.
View Quote

Yup. Russia IS running out of equipment. Not this year but maybe next year or 2026. And when they try to compensate with golf carts, motorcycles and electric scooters, they will subsequently run out of men also. Hopefully those fucking F16's will show up before the war ends!!!
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 10:09:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:

So you have Ukrainians you have seen at work. Where do you get the information that half the draft age males are gone? Please cite. Every country at war has people who leave instead of fighting. Every. Single. One.
View Quote

I guess he has personally met 10 million Ukrainian men and their pregnant wives and girlfriends...

p.s. Probably most of the folks he met are actually Russian.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 10:10:54 AM EDT
[#16]

Link Posted: 7/5/2024 10:11:57 AM EDT
[#17]

The vast majority of their dead are rotting away unrecovered. The ones that make it there are the ones that made it to an aid station.
View Quote

We see how they treat their wounded comrades...run past them. Maybe loot their coat maybe shoot them in the head as "first aid". I doubt they obsess about collecting dead.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 10:13:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 10:23:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 10:25:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

And abandoning Ukraine after all the death and destruction would put Biden's Afghan-withdrawal fiasco into the #2 spot for the worlds Worst and Stupidest Military Descisions. I dont think Trump would ever consider such an embarrassing loss, regardless of how he personally feels about Ukraine. My fingers are crossed...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
ISW assessment for July 4th.

https://www.understandingwar.org/backgrounder/russian-offensive-campaign-assessment-july-4-2024

It doesn't really matter what Trump says about getting a ceasefire, he would have to deal with the reality that Russia needs to be defeated.

Yep, I feel the same here fingers crossed.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 10:26:36 AM EDT
[#21]

Reports appeared in Russian Telegram channels that a Russian military air base in Primorsko-Akhtarsk was hit as a result of a night attack.

The region was attacked by drones and at least two missiles. In addition to the airfield, an electrical substation was also hit, causing power outages.

Primorsko-Akhtarsk is a joint air base in Krasnodar Krai, where the 960th Guards Air Assault Regiment of the Russian Armed Forces is stationed, armed with Su-25, Su-25UB and Su-25SM3 attack aircraft.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 10:27:02 AM EDT
[#22]

A few months ago, I had a Ukrainian taxi driver. He was middle aged. His comments were virtually the opposite of yours. As for the not drafting men under 26, I'm not sure why that should be that way either. But, it's their choice, not ours.

Based on the published casualties, Ukraine isn't going to run out of men. Russia might, though, given their loss rate. And, even if Russia doesn't run out of men, they might run out of enough to sustain combat operations in Ukraine. Either way, though, they will have another one of those "lost generations", something they can ill afford given their demographic decline.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:

Well hello thar fellow firearms enthusiast

Could I interest you in some sunflower seeds?

Hide your head in the sand.  I actually delivered a Ukrainian baby two nights ago and saw several more couples and families.  All the men were in their late 20 and early 30s.  You if cant comprehend what that means you are the same as what that Mau lee guys claims to be.

So half their military aged men are abroad. They dont give a shit about their own country and left.  Think about that.  Lots of russians left too,  but russia has 5 times the population.

I want russia to lose but in a war of attrition,  Ukraine is going to run out of men.  The policy of not drafting men under 26 is ludicrous.

The lost generation of Russians is reason enough to continue the war….for the Ukrainians and US.

They want to set the future up. Not just the present.

Link Posted: 7/5/2024 10:29:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 10:30:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#24]

The original in higher resolution so you can see it better for context.

Unedited NSFW.

Reddit version:
https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/1dlzoiu/russian_wounded_by_fpv_is_killed_by_his_fellow/
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 10:46:56 AM EDT
[#25]

Link Posted: 7/5/2024 10:53:17 AM EDT
[#26]

Reports appeared in Russian Telegram channels that a Russian military air base in Primorsko-Akhtarsk was hit as a result of a night attack.

The region was attacked by drones and at least two missiles. In addition to the airfield, an electrical substation was also hit, causing power outages.

Primorsko-Akhtarsk is a joint air base in Krasnodar Krai, where the 960th Guards Air Assault Regiment of the Russian Armed Forces is stationed, armed with Su-25, Su-25UB and Su-25SM3 attack aircraft.
View Quote

I'm hoping this is the source of dozens of drone launches towards Ukraine 🇺🇦
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 10:57:36 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Aikibiker:

The not drafting anyone under 26 is so those young men have a chance to make more Ukrainians.  I guess they figure if they haven't fucked by the time they turn 26 then they need out of the gene pool anyways.

They could probably turbo charge their birth rate by lowering the draft age to 23 with deferments to 26 for fathers of young children.
View Quote

Fathers of 3 kids already have the deferment.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 11:03:23 AM EDT
[#28]

They way the war current is running, Ukraine will run out of men.  Injecting western soldiers will risk significant escalation.
View Quote

And there it is… more tired russian talking points.

Western troops aren’t needed; what’s sorely needed is for the US to lift the restrictions on western-supplied weapons & munitions to be used on targets in russia proper.  And for Ukrainians to not have to seek US permission beforehand.

“Significant escalation” indeed… how are the ruZZians going to respond? And with what? They have no effective strategic response.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 11:06:37 AM EDT
[#29]

This "peace deal" with Putin will put to shame the Munich Pact between Hitler and Czechoslovakia in '39. Within a few months or years, Russia would fabricate some provocation and invade again to finish "denazifying"...
View Quote

Absolutely.

Still waiting for the details on any pact/agreement actually honored by ruZZians.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 11:14:04 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Cypher15:
And it hasnt been enough at all.  Factor in limitations on where weapons can be used and it's very much the 'look we're helping' strategy.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Cypher15:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GRqcwndaUAId0sv?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GRqcw6ybMAgm6T5?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GRqcxJjXoAAGKxM?format=jpg&name=large
And it hasnt been enough at all.  Factor in limitations on where weapons can be used and it's very much the 'look we're helping' strategy.

Timing is everything. If the Biden administration had been proactive and started arming Ukraine at this level in 2021, maybe the whole thing could have been deterred. At that time, settlement might have been much more possible. In 2024, it's not enough. In 2021, it might have been enough to stop the whole thing.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 11:24:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ServusVeritatis] [#31]
lol.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GRtOuAeWAAAeXwz?format=jpg&name=small

View Quote

ATACMS developed in 1986

They are nearly 4 decades old.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 11:25:42 AM EDT
[#32]
It's actually even worse than what I laid out in that post. I went back and looked at the Putin statement from a few weeks ago where he demanded Ukraine cede all of the four partially occupied oblasts and agree not to join NATO. Beyond that, I noticed something interesting. Namely, Putin talked about the withdrawal of "inappropriate military presence in the regions where it does not belong." In other words, he's asking for NATO to leave Eastern Europe. That harkens back to the pre-war ultimatum Russia sent the US in ~ November 2021, in which it claimed propriety over all of Eastern Europe. So, Russian leadership is demanding NATO with withdrawal from Eastern Europe, Ukraine surrender significant amounts of territory it doesn't control, Ukraine scale down its military, Ukraine surrender control of its foreign policy, etc.

If Russia was serious about ending this war via negotiations any time soon, it would've diplomatically signaled that it's backed down from at least some of these demands. Instead, it's continued to double down. And that's what people who are screaming for negotiation continue to ignore. Russia has consistently signaled that its maximalist demands of Ukraine and the west remain in place. None of Russia's overtures regarding negotiations have been done in good faith. They're maintaining maximalist positions that are utterly unacceptable for both Ukraine and the west which essentially amount to "let us destroy Ukraine and have hegemony over Eastern Europe," while simultaneously claiming that the west is preventing peace by refusing Russia's overtures to negotiate. A lot of the people who scream that Ukraine should negotiate are just too stupid and/or ignorant to recognize this, but others are legitimate bad faith actors. They want to give Russia whatever it wants, but they can't say that out loud, so they obfuscate and hide that position.
View Quote

It's a well-honed Russian strategy. Ask for the most, refuse to concede anything, push, push, push. The only thing that makes them back down is getting punched in the face hard enough to knock them back. Based on current conditions, Russia has NO reason to yield ANY point, including demanding NATO withdraw troops from the Baltics. 'Escalate to de-escalate' sounds ridiculous, but in their practice, they get what they want often enough.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 11:25:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ServusVeritatis] [#33]

View All Quotes

Ukraine will be arming themselves to the teeth and, if they can, find a way to get a nuke. If i were their leader then i’d shift troops to help israel do the needful either around home or in Iran in exchange for a few B61s and quickly do a nuke test while building up conventional, drone, and missile forces as well as asymmetric warfare.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 11:33:44 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By DonKey153:

One thing I've noticed since the war started is that nobody will admit they're from Russia anymore. They'll all tell you they're from Ukraine.
View Quote

That works till they run into someone who can tell the difference. If you can't, ask them to quote the first line of the UA national anthem and watch their reaction.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 11:35:10 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 11:43:19 AM EDT
[#36]
From Reuters at 10:00 AM   Link to liveblog where the articles were published
Report: Hamas informed Hezbollah it had agreed to a proposal for a cease-fire in Gaza
View Quote

Hezbollah deputy leader says expanding war with Israel currently isn't an option, but group ready for any scenario
Hezbollah deputy leader, Naim Qassam, told the Russian news agency Sputnik that expanding the group's fighting with Israel "isn't a viable option at the moment," but added that the group "is prepared for any scenario."

Qassam noted that Hezbollah declared from the beginning of the war that it is but "a supporting front" to the fighting in Gaza and not a direct one, and that the group's reactions are contingent upon Israel's actions.

"Every time the Israeli army exceeds [in its strikes] the distance set by the Hezbollah, or attacks civilians, we're committed to an appropriate response," he said.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 11:57:22 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 12:01:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Prime:
Medvedev reported on the recruitment of a thousand Russians a day for the war

More than a thousand people go to serve in the Russian army under contract or as volunteers, said Deputy Chairman of the Security Council Dmitry Medvedev at a meeting at the Russian Ministry of Defense on issues of replenishing the Russian Armed Forces.

“In general, the task set by the president to recruit contract military personnel and volunteers in the interests of the Joint Group of Forces in 2024 is being fulfilled. The average daily recruitment rate remains stable, amounting to about one thousand people,” TASS quotes Medvedev.

According to intelligence data from the United States, Great Britain and other Western countries, the Russian army is losing everyone it recruits on the battlefield, and even more - at least that’s how things stood in May, when it invaded the Kharkov region. British intelligence calls May the bloodiest of the war, estimating casualties averaged about 1,200 people a day. Thus, in May the army could have lost 31–37 thousand soldiers. At the same time, according to American officials, Russia continues to replenish it by 25-30 thousand people per month. This allows the command to continue throwing soldiers into deadly assaults without worrying about maintaining the strength of the military group trying to occupy Ukraine.

https://t.me/moscowtimes_ru/23636
View Quote

While it's true that Russia has FAR deeper resources for a war of attrition, this is not at all sustainable. Every soldier is one less worker for the factories, which were already under strength. Nobody knows when there will be a cliff or a breaking point, but the price Russia is paying for this war is huge. 'Russia's economy is great!' They can't staff their vital production industries, and with the flareup about the Tajiks, there is more trouble with immigrants than there was.

It really is a war of attrition, fighting until one side or the other just can't continue. FVP.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 12:07:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Prime:
That is supported by Russian TG, many Russians seem baffled that they’re not welcome in much of the world. Even two years ago there was a push for domestic tourism, which was admittedly multifactorial, but the outraged “why don’t they like us?” Is very real.
View Quote

Those would be some interesting posts to see.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 12:13:20 PM EDT
[#40]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GRurHRLWAAEoll9?format=jpg&name=900x900
View Quote

with facial recognition heavily in China  that’s Orwellian
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 12:17:30 PM EDT
[#41]
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/5/2024 12:20:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

Videos.

S-350 seems to be one of the better systems, lots of South Korean technology.

View Quote

Told ya
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 12:23:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

Timing is everything. If the Biden administration had been proactive and started arming Ukraine at this level in 2021, maybe the whole thing could have been deterred. At that time, settlement might have been much more possible. In 2024, it's not enough. In 2021, it might have been enough to stop the whole thing.
View Quote

Yes. Responding meekly and timidly with the trickle of limited aid dragged out slowly and apologetically will risk a much bigger, out of control conflict much more than decisive aid early.

If we fuck around long enough China will get involved and WWIII is a real possibility.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 12:59:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By iggy1337:

I just imagine the it looked like:
American MIC is the monolith and the Russians the apes

https://storage.googleapis.com/thehundreds/media/2018/09/giphy-1.gif

As I said in the original 'rage' thread. To me it's unlikeley that the US is shoked that Russian were able to find parts.
The cluster mutition version of the ATACMS doesnt seem to destroy the missile casing. In the test film the missile dispences the bomblets and would just crash the empty case on the ground.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ipr_hPAcR_Q        

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By iggy1337:
lol.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GRtOuAeWAAAeXwz?format=jpg&name=small

I just imagine the it looked like:
American MIC is the monolith and the Russians the apes

https://storage.googleapis.com/thehundreds/media/2018/09/giphy-1.gif

As I said in the original 'rage' thread. To me it's unlikeley that the US is shoked that Russian were able to find parts.
The cluster mutition version of the ATACMS doesnt seem to destroy the missile casing. In the test film the missile dispences the bomblets and would just crash the empty case on the ground.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ipr_hPAcR_Q        

Correct lol, it is the same with the Javelins, Aim-120 missiles and everything we supply is either an export version, or over 20 years old from US stockpiles.  They aren't going to discover anything new, and even if they do, they don't have the capability to make the complex circuitry and sensors.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 1:17:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#45]

So 5 additional long range SAM systems.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 1:25:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Proposed: Taiwan needs a crash nuclear weapons program. They had a program decades ago, but the US pressured them to give it up in the 80s. It seems quite clear that China means to follow through on their threats to conquer Taiwan by force. If Taiwan one day declare they are a nuclear weapons state with delivery systems and 100-200 warheads it will radically change Beijing's calculus. US probably won't help them out, but maybe India would.

Just idle musing. I don't know if Taiwan's population would even support deterrence of that kind.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 1:27:19 PM EDT
[#47]

I think Macron is trying to give RN a bit of a seat at the table, that way voters are less enthused about Le Pen herself in the 2027 presidential elections, given that the far right will have already have had some power for a time. That'll likely render the desire to rock the boat by electing them less powerful.

I tend to agree regarding US politics. Biden has been overly tentative almost across the board, which has predictably created a number of outcomes that are essentially the worst of both worlds. Being realistic, Biden might not even be the nominee come November, and even if he is and wins, he's not coming close to finishing a second term, which leaves us with Harris . Newsom definitely looks like a China quisling. A second Trump presidency is going to be extremely unpredictable, but I don't have high hopes. He's driven away pretty much any and all competent foreign policy advisors on the right. He himself cannot be trusted to make anything resembling good decisions, given how susceptible he is to manipulation, and the fact that, like it or not, he's getting up there in age too, and was never exactly the sharpest tool in the shed to begin with.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:
I admittedly don't follow European politics super closely (I know a bit due to a comparative politics class and a politics of the EU class I took in college), but I doubt that this will have any serious impact on support for Ukraine. Support for Ukraine is a fairly popular position there, with the exception of socialists like Corbyn and right wingers like Farage, who I'm reasonably sure is getting paid by Russia in some capacity. The British government has done a good job of rendering the shit Russia has done within British borders common knowledge, such as the various assassinations. That's aided in making Ukraine support a fairly popular position.

WaPo summarizes the key players
UK election: Who are the team set to govern Britain if Labour wins?
Labor's new leader, Keir Starmer, has made efforts to shift the party a bit more to the center in response to Tory success over the last decade. I would agree, Britain is less likely to be affected in terms of Ukraine policy by a change in leadership.

My guess is that Macron will lead a coalition government in France and come out looking pretty savvy for maneuvering RN away from their success in the EU elections.

The US is looking like a total dumpster fire in terms of foreign policy. On one hand, you have the Donald Trump revenge tour and on the other hand you have a cluster. Biden doesn't control anything already anyway, and the hands in the puppet have no sense of perspective or leadership on foreign policy, they are totally ignorant. Harris would likely be the same. Newsome would be even closer to the imperialist/fascist China government. The only real hope is that Trump wins and he has good people steering things.

I think Macron is trying to give RN a bit of a seat at the table, that way voters are less enthused about Le Pen herself in the 2027 presidential elections, given that the far right will have already have had some power for a time. That'll likely render the desire to rock the boat by electing them less powerful.

I tend to agree regarding US politics. Biden has been overly tentative almost across the board, which has predictably created a number of outcomes that are essentially the worst of both worlds. Being realistic, Biden might not even be the nominee come November, and even if he is and wins, he's not coming close to finishing a second term, which leaves us with Harris . Newsom definitely looks like a China quisling. A second Trump presidency is going to be extremely unpredictable, but I don't have high hopes. He's driven away pretty much any and all competent foreign policy advisors on the right. He himself cannot be trusted to make anything resembling good decisions, given how susceptible he is to manipulation, and the fact that, like it or not, he's getting up there in age too, and was never exactly the sharpest tool in the shed to begin with.

I 100% agree but will add that I don’t believe Biden will be the nominee in a month.  Harris is a moron and even the democrats know it.  Basically the only reason she’s even being considered is that they fear alienating the black vote if they pass her over for someone competent.  It’s a shitshow of historic proportions.  But it does have some people doing introspection for once.
Right now I think it’s Trump’s race to lose absent some new development, which are still possible, like Trump and Epstein island or a couple of other things.  There are skeletons out there.
I think there is a better chance at reasonable foreign policy among the Euro right-wing parties (mostly because they’re actually in the line of fire) than there is under Trump, where previous statements and known associates point the way.
I’m prepared for the worst here.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 1:31:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By ServusVeritatis:

Bleeding edge Leopard 4 you mean.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ServusVeritatis:
Originally Posted By Pants223:

Best reply:

"You must be mistaken. This is clearly a Leopard 3!"

Bleeding edge Leopard 4 you mean.

Clearly a Leopard 1 with mineroller kit.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 1:36:26 PM EDT
[#49]
View Quote

Zoom in a bit.  Someone launched a TOW or STUNGA from bottom center and it looks like the Javelin probably arrived first.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 1:38:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Ukraine will never win and the best they can do is a draw and loss of territory.

I just treated a bunch of Ukrainian “immigrants”. Not much english and recent arrivals.

All the men were of military age.

If there was a time when all hands on deck meant something its now.  Half of them split Ukraine.  

If half of them don't give a shit enough to do something and fled why should anyone else.
View Quote

Welcome fellow gun enthusiast!  
Page / 468
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top