View Quote

No, not at all! That's just me.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 12:12:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 12:18:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GV_8Uv0XwAEbwg6?format=jpg&name=largehttps://pbs.twimg.com/media/GV_-NM9WcAAgS12?format=png&name=large
View Quote

That kills the electric rail lines.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 12:24:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 12:24:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:

View Quote
LOL your avatar is fitting for this post.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 12:28:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By CS223:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CS223:
Originally Posted By lorazepam:

lol, noticed that too.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 12:38:29 PM EDT
[#7]
extra dark russian
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 12:45:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 12:48:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Why is that cunt dressed like an ice cream man

Link Posted: 8/27/2024 12:49:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 12:51:11 PM EDT
[#11]
View Quote
That's pretty big.  Putin breaks out in a sweat.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 12:53:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By MarkNH:

China was able to make it work because they can ignore the environmental impact of the process while western companies know they can't make it work within the confines of US/EU climate/pollution regulation.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MarkNH:
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:

China was able to make it work because they can ignore the environmental impact of the process while western companies know they can't make it work within the confines of US/EU climate/pollution regulation.

Yep.

We can compete with China.  Drop almost all environment rules, safety rules, minimum wage, ban unions, ban EEOC (and especially DEI/ESG), look the other way on sexual harassment, ban immigration, ban IP protection and finally, make kicking back money for loans to bankers and politicians effectively legal.

Easy peasy.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 12:56:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 12:56:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By UKjohn:

View Quote

As this video proved he loves ice cream
LITTLE BIG - LollyBomb [Official Music Video]
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 12:59:05 PM EDT
[#15]

Link Posted: 8/27/2024 1:06:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By NEXT23:

He is not clear on purpose and that is a problem.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NEXT23:
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

I am in the same boat, I wish he would just be more clear to everyone about his willingness to help a nation fighting off the kind of Russian aggression that is willing to break treaties and directly threaten the West.

He is not clear on purpose and that is a problem.

My biggest problem is with the people Trump is surrounding himself with. I think most people would acknowledge at this point that Trump has few, if any ideological positions and is very susceptible to the influence of others. That means that who he's surrounded by is very important. I've listened to a lot of the Twitter spaces Vance and Ron Johnson (not to be confused with Mike Johnson) have hosted together on foreign policy, it's extremely clear to me that he's either completely oblivious to some of the facts on the ground in Ukraine, or that he's intentionally peddling misinformation. I'm very prone to thinking it's the latter. One example of many was that he kept citing a report that the Russians were producing 12 million artillery shells a year, and it was only after the fact that I saw the link he was referring to, which said Russia had used 12 million artillery shells in 2022, but was producing less than a fourth of that. This is in addition to his claims about Ukrainian officials buying yachts (straight out of Kremlin IO) and the fact that he reportedly will not even speak to Ukrainian officials. Then there's making RFK Jr. CIA director, which is...really unsettling.

If you still want to vote for Trump due to other reasons, I certainly understand. If I lived in a swing state, I'd vote for him. However, we shouldn't delude ourselves about what his likely policy is going to be.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 1:06:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 1:12:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By CMOS:

That's been my only complaint about Trump:  his suggestion of a "Land for Peace" deal with Russia.  That would be VERY bad.

Ukraine needs ALL of it's sovereign land returned.

CMOS
View Quote

Trump said quite plainly he will force the war to be over in 24 hours. That sounds pretty good for everybody but Ukraine.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 1:17:05 PM EDT
[#19]

And this blunt statement —
View Quote

It's likely Sapsan, which is the domestic version of HRIM-2, which was intended for export. The program started around a decade ago but ran out of funds. It was restarted again in 2022 and was supposed to be finished by late 2023. Development lagged for various reasons, but the main problem is believed to be motors - Ukraine already didn't have the facilities and tools to produce at scale and the only factory that could produce them at extremely small rates got bombed. They also had trouble with sourcing rocket fuel. They recycled some rocket fuel from their retired ICBMs, but Russia started bombing that too. If the program wasn't scaled down, it would've been a pretty capable and technologically advanced system. Now, we'll have to see if they are able to produce them at scale.

I've thought about this general subject a lot. If Ukraine had a decent stockpile of Sapsan in February 2022, this war probably looks a lot different. They would've been able to hit Russian targets like that massive convoy outside of Kyiv and strike other Russian logistical areas. I've also been really wanting them to get production up and going for well over a year at this point. It wouldn't be a war winner, but having a consistent supply of domestically produced SRBMs would be a massive additional capability.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 1:18:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

Trump said quite plainly he will force the war to be over in 24 hours. That sounds pretty good for everybody but Ukraine.
View Quote

Tell me you don’t actually believe this.  

Link Posted: 8/27/2024 1:21:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 1:22:21 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

Smart move, like the French.

Make the effort and then if they snub it burn it down.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 1:23:41 PM EDT
[#23]

I wonder if part of the plan was to go into russia to capture not contract russian soldiers, but rather conscripts who's families believed they were safe as they are only supposed to be used inside russia, NOT for fighting the war of adventure in Ukraine.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 1:25:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Jaehaerys:

My biggest problem is with the people Trump is surrounding himself with. I think most people would acknowledge at this point that Trump has few, if any ideological positions and is very susceptible to the influence of others. That means that who he's surrounded by is very important. I've listened to a lot of the Twitter spaces Vance and Ron Johnson (not to be confused with Mike Johnson) have hosted together on foreign policy, it's extremely clear to me that he's either completely oblivious to some of the facts on the ground in Ukraine, or that he's intentionally peddling misinformation. I'm very prone to thinking it's the latter. One example of many was that he kept citing a report that the Russians were producing 12 million artillery shells a year, and it was only after the fact that I saw the link he was referring to, which said Russia had used 12 million artillery shells in 2022, but was producing less than a fourth of that. This is in addition to his claims about Ukrainian officials buying yachts (straight out of Kremlin IO) and the fact that he reportedly will not even speak to Ukrainian officials. Then there's making RFK Jr. CIA director, which is...really unsettling.

If you still want to vote for Trump due to other reasons, I certainly understand. If I lived in a swing state, I'd vote for him. However, we shouldn't delude ourselves about what his likely policy is going to be.
View Quote

There has been zero talk from Trump or Trumps people about making RFK the CIA director.  RFK is going to be the HHS director. That should be very obvious from what Trump has said.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 1:27:10 PM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes

He has some killer “casual dictator” wear
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 1:38:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By GoldenMead:

There has been zero talk from Trump or Trumps people about making RFK the CIA director.  RFK is going to be the HHS director. That should be very obvious from what Trump has said.
View All Quotes

A quick and dirty google reveals you're right, and that he's going to be HHS director and part of the transition team. I'd heard elsewhere that CIA director and AG were on the table, but apparently not. That's still not great, and doesn't erase Vance's hardline anti-Ukraine stance. I've made this offer before, but I'll bet you five pmags that a hypothetical second Trump administration ends all support. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think I will be.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 1:40:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Tirador223:

View Quote

The one thing trump has been consistent about is saying his only priority is to stop the war as fast as possible.  He has specifically chosen to not say how that will work out for Ukraine. That's what I believe.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 1:41:27 PM EDT
[#28]
An example of how crazy Russian recruitment is. A Russian murderer was released from prison to fight, only to then kill an elderly woman, and was released again to return to the front.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 1:43:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By acrocat:

https://x.com/jmvasquez1974/

https://nitter.poast.org/jmvasquez1974/with_replies

This kind of looks like it is actually him. Started posting again August 16.
View Quote

That fraud should have kept his mouth shut and faded from memory being glad no one slit his throat.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 1:44:08 PM EDT
[#30]
giggity
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 1:44:39 PM EDT
[#31]

A quick and dirty google reveals you're right, and that he's going to be HHS director and part of the transition team. I'd heard elsewhere that CIA director and AG were on the table, but apparently not. That's still not great, and doesn't erase Vance's hardline anti-Ukraine stance. I've made this offer before, but I'll bet you five pmags that a hypothetical second Trump administration ends all support. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think I will be.
View Quote

I sent you a pm to accept the offer but you immediately placed me on ignore so the pm didn’t go through.  I’ll take the bet.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 1:48:46 PM EDT
[#32]

I sent you a pm to accept the offer but you immediately placed me on ignore so the pm didn’t go through.  I’ll take the bet.
View All Quotes

I'm down, and you're off ignore.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 1:50:54 PM EDT
[#33]
View Quote

Good luck with that one.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 1:56:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Tirador223:

View Quote

Believe what?

That he said it or that he will do it?
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 1:59:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By blueballs:

That fraud should have kept his mouth shut and faded from memory being glad no one slit his throat.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By blueballs:
Originally Posted By acrocat:

https://x.com/jmvasquez1974/

https://nitter.poast.org/jmvasquez1974/with_replies

This kind of looks like it is actually him. Started posting again August 16.

I've met quite a few guys here that would love to run into him.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 2:04:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By fike:

Good luck with that one.
View Quote

They are better at this stuff than we are.

Can't expand on that, but we need to improve.

Mathematicians and Mathematically. Nasa???
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 2:08:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 2:09:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Worth reading.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 2:10:49 PM EDT
[#39]

"Current trajectory"??? Prevented from winning but supported enough to lose slowly...?
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 2:11:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 2:11:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By maddmatt:

Sold, we'll take 1500, and throw in another 1200 of the little humvee hawkeyes for the 10th, 101st, and the Marines to break.
View Quote

100%
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 2:12:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Read the article here.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 2:12:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Easterner:

View Quote

From what I've heard, instagram clout warriors from the west are not as rare as they should be. This particular guy is just more high profile than others. (I am NOT there. I'm just recounting what I have heard from other people.)
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 2:15:06 PM EDT
[#44]

And this blunt statement —
View Quote

I have hight hopes for the Trump/Vance team to snatch victory from the jaws of Biden's defeatist bullshit fuckery.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 2:15:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By SheltiePimp:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SheltiePimp:
Originally Posted By fike:

Good luck with that one.

Crypto currency and payments?

There is no black magic or science. It just takes willing counterparties outside of the country to buy into a system wholly controlled by Russia, in which they will never have any leverage, and is completely divorced from actual economic realities.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 2:21:13 PM EDT
[#46]

From what I've heard, instagram clout warriors from the west are not as rare as they should be. This particular guy is just more high profile than others. (I am NOT there. I'm just recounting what I have heard from other people.)
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Easterner:

Plenty of posers like to be seen geared up in Lviv with camo and plate carriers. He made some claims about being in units he wasn't, and there were quite a few photos of him wearing different unit patches he shouldn't have been. Other guys met him and despite the gear he fundraised for, they never got it.

Some of the stuff we buy with funds isn't very glamorous. I have a set of brake rotors and pads currently in the truck. Not very exciting, but still a big help.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 2:22:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By doc540:
Any defensive weapons of Ukraine that can hit an orc ballistic missile like the ones hitting hospitals and hotels?
View Quote

It seems the best defense is the Patriot. Whatever they are using, the hit ratio is not great. maybe 20%. But not sure how many PAC's they fire per target. It may be better to be conservative rather than launching a large volley.

I'll stand by for an actual SME for actual smart answers...
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 2:25:19 PM EDT
[#48]

I guess he is correct. I disagree with framing the offensive like this but may depend on the context..."Mr. Trump, what is the worst case scenario for the Kursk Offensive?"...."It may start WWIII".

p.s. Or it can prove that Russia is full of shit, along with their red-line bullshit!!!
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 2:27:06 PM EDT
[#49]

Perfect timing.  No resistance from the West.

CMOS
View Quote

Yup. Why do the dogs cause all sorts of mayhem, wreck the house.. when we are not home?

Because they can.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 2:29:49 PM EDT
[#50]

Japan should have toasted that jet, just as an example.

CMOS
View Quote

It will happen eventually. Guaranteed.

The problem will be the subsequent tit for tat. Although I doubt Japan or any other A-Pac nation will be aggressively violating China's sea or air-space but China-asshole will find some bullshit excuse to take revenge.
Page / 470
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top